Skjalfeirdotter said: »
and what size is Svalinn? ^^

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Svalinn
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-01-05 20:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

can't thank Martel enough for the VERY LARGE shield info sheet he put together for us. ^^
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-01-05 20:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
and what size is Svalinn? ^^

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Svalinn

Thank you.
 Asura.Technosuke
Server: Asura
user: Vaquero
By Asura.Technosuke 2017-01-06 05:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

any can help me please x_X
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-01-06 09:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Technosuke said: »

any can help me please x_X
I'd suggest posting in the Gearswap Support thread.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-08 23:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone having any luck getting SIRD on ody feet? This has been the one thing I really want from DM camapign and I haven't seen it once.

(I spun a few ferns on Ody feet (magic) once and never saw any SIRD so I don't think it's in the natural pool)

But really it'd have to be 8% or higher to replace any slot.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-01-09 00:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Anyone having any luck getting SIRD on ody feet? This has been the one thing I really want from DM camapign and I haven't seen it once.

(I spun a few ferns on Ody feet (magic) once and never saw any SIRD so I don't think it's in the natural pool)

But really it'd have to be 8% or higher to replace any slot.
I never see SIRD augment

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Colonelace
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2017-01-10 23:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

mote-include file no longer available to download on page 1 of the guide. does this mean the pld lua wont work? Also, what is buffwatcher for? I saw the 2 post about it and the video but all it looks like is just a script to cast every spell, doesnt this mess you up in a fight if your trying to do one thing and all of a sudden your character starts buffing.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-01-11 01:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Buffwatcher is an list of buff to do,
when you hit the macro, buff watcher do all the buff u'r character didn't allready have in this list. (only recast the missing one)
this work perfectly in my geo and blm lua file but don't work for pld.
but this didn't change anything on the PLD.lua the file work fine (use it everyday)

Mote include:
https://mega.nz/#!OlZxgQJK!A_5YAktguRjaw9vaeMSxyYADkcxNsiKhD69GddKbzuU
 Bahamut.Colonelace
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2017-01-11 01:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you for the reply.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-11 17:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So what are your feelings on AF reforged +2/+3?

To begin with, I've always felt like AF was the worst set (and honestly makes you look like a fat hobo).

The body is solid. I do wish that it had a little more FC but it's a 2 HP loss from souv cuirass +1. Will definitely help on at least certain fast cast swaps. It's also safe to actually cast entire spells in (midcast) unlike say Ody Cuirass or other options.

I think the feet are the shining star of the set. It does kinda suck that swapping to them loses 5% PDT and 2% DT from set bonus, as well as about 130 HP, but with as useful as PLD/BLU is, that's a really great piece for regaining MP. Something hits you for 30, that's 3 MP (the +3). Many somethings = lots of MP. Finally it's a piece that converts damage, and not just physical damage, to MP. Has a lot of great potential.

I know if healers are slacking on refresh, Omen drains my PLD/BLU's MP right out.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-01-12 00:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The body is solid. I do wish that it had a little more FC but it's a 2 HP loss from souv cuirass +1. Will definitely help on at least certain fast cast swaps. It's also safe to actually cast entire spells in (midcast) unlike say Ody Cuirass or other options.

i don't think 2HP lose gonna kill you ;)

i personally use it as FC body in my "casting mode DT"

and of course in Divine set that's the main use of it
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-12 01:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I was speaking highly of it that it's only a 2 HP loss. Yeah it's definitely a very strong piece, considering that a few of my casts / most WS's lose a lot more HP than that.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-01-12 01:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm only sad they don't put FC +12 or more to save one inventory space
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-01-12 01:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I was speaking highly of it that it's only a 2 HP loss. Yeah it's definitely a very strong piece, considering that a few of my casts / most WS's lose a lot more HP than that.

Am I looking at something else? Souv +1 C should be 171 HP vs. AF+3 having 254 HP. The body in general seems amazing for pretty much everything except Enmity (only compared to Souveran) and physical accuracy.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-12 02:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

._> Nope, you're right.

idk what item i looked at on nolan's page but I thought souv cuirass's base hp was higher. lol. Tbh, I probably read the defense as hp.

Well cool, even more hp.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-14 07:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Stole this from another Forum but wanted to see how you all are handling it:

Just wanted to toss in a tip for PLDs new to tanking Kyou:

His curse is potent, takes me 3k->1500 and my gearswaps take me to 700 HP sometimes when that happens. I honestly just //gs disable all after I engage the boss.

Another option, and what I'm going to do soon is to put a max hp check in your lua that doesn't permit swaps if below a certain point. On the other hand, I'm barely hitting the boss, I'm not losing hate and am never in any danger of dying while meteor, etc might hurt a dd.

I think I'm content with just being a one-set-wonder for this boss.

The downside is that I nearly forgot these spells actually had had a cast time D:

Oh and Aegis, but that was probably obvious.
Starting to take up PLD myself and I find this a major issue, everytime I cast something, poof 1200 HP gone. Does anyone have some tweaked +HP/Precast/midcast sets with Priority set to try and minimize this HP down? Of course the ambuscade back capped with +HP is a no brainer for this, but are others keeping earring off to try and save the +HP from using Odnowa +1? Stuff like that
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-01-14 08:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

[quote="Carbuncle.Akivatoo" pid=3216927]i'm only sad they don't put FC +12 or more to save one inventory space[/quote]

Carmine Mask +1 Path D has "Fast Cast"+14%.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-01-14 09:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
i'm only sad they don't put FC +12 or more to save one inventory space

Carmine Mask +1 Path D has "Fast Cast"+14%.
lol, yeah but difficult to equip in body slot ;)
if it's possible that's look like that ?
;)

More seriously,
Here is my sets.precast.FC:

sets.precast.FC.DT
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-01-14 11:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

OG posted this in omen thread because of a question there, but the sets posted above aren't very optimized and I figure this is a more appropriate place to put it.

This is my more or less fulltime set(capped PDT/MDT/BDT, capped haste, +94 enmity, knockback reduction). I use path D on body, C on others. Not saying path D is necessarily better, but since it's pretty much the limit of what HP can be preserved through fast cast I found it to be a good option. Total of +1084 HP.
ItemSet 338514

My corresponding fast cast set(+1103 HP, 69% FC):
Carmine Mask+1 path A. HP/FC on rudianos'.
ItemSet 341806

If you have reverence surcoat+3, swapping in that and a maxed pair of leyline gloves leaves you with +1077 HP and 76% FC. Further swapping carmine mask to path D would let you cap FC with +999 HP, which isn't a terrible loss.

If making a second HQ mask isn't appealing and you need the first for other jobs, swapping in dualism collar+1 and keeping the path D mask is only a 20 HP/1% FC loss.

If unwilling to swap weapons, you lose 14 FC and 80 HP. Your choice whether it's worth giving up a minimum of an additional 8 FC to get that HP back. I haven't found much of anything I care about my TP on as of late, but if your group relies more on PLD's damage then do what you do.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-14 13:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

From the Omen thread (permanently moving over here)

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
@Omnys: Obviously reverence feet and a different ring2 is an improvement. Would disagree on creed baudrier(5/5 souveran doesn't cap haste, and I let my idle/dt set double as a midcast set to keep death chance at essentially 0). Chose goading over the other belts because it at least has some enmity on it.

Especially considering you value your TP enough not to swap weapons, TPing in less than capped haste seems foolish.

Eh, there's a difference in being able to toss in maybe an SC/close SCH SC's up to a certain teir of content and realizing that you aren't a DD and it's okay if you're not always haste capped.

If I see the DNC at 400~ TP, I'll toss in a requiescat because even if one hit lands, She gets a darkness (obviously, I swap for WS's, but at a certain tier, it's not really enough--* this conversation also stemmed from Kyou and how I think on that boss, being a one-set-wonder actually makes sense). Likewise for blu and CDC. Sword is such an amazingly versatile weapon. Up to a certain Clevel, it almost makes up for having nothing like rayke/gambit since GS has terrible versatility.

To each their own, of course but I don't think it's foolish at all.

But first and foremost, my job is to stay alive. If I'm using ochain, I have no problems getting spells off single-target. If I'm using Aegis, I'm using a SIRD kit. PLD/BLU tanking omen, where things refuse to stay in front, I also use a SIRD kit.

Edit: Also I know RUN can use swords that's no fun if you have Ergon or Aeonic. I have a little more DD fun on RUN than I do on PLD.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-01-17 15:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got a lua they are willing to share with a working toggle for .dt precast/midcast etc. Tried using the one on the first post but it doesnt seem to work when you toggle on DT
 Bahamut.Colonelace
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2017-01-19 22:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

akivato does your lua have a toggle to put on SIR midcast when its needed example omen pld/blu mass pulling when i need my spells to go off over anything else
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-01-20 06:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Colonelace said: »
akivato does your lua have a toggle to put on SIR midcast when its needed example omen pld/blu mass pulling when i need my spells to go off over anything else
Sure,use the ".DT" miscast toggle;)
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-01-20 07:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

my friends were nice enough to keep my character active in ambuscade during my 150 day+ hiatus. Got a bunch of threads/saps/dyes/dust in my storage. What's the way to go on PLD capes?
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-01-20 09:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Question!
Are the Acro/Cizin/Yorium pieces relevant these days for PLD? Is there any one piece that has max aug potential that PLDs still use today for any particular set?
Just curious if I should keep these sets or not

Thanks
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-01-20 10:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Question!
Are the Acro/Cizin/Yorium pieces relevant these days for PLD? Is there any one piece that has max aug potential that PLDs still use today for any particular set?
Just curious if I should keep these sets or not

Thanks

It can be difficult to get a decent Phalanx augment (Dark Matter) on Odyssean Helm and Odyssean Cuisses.

Skjalf uses this currently:

Still trying to perfect Yorium Cuisses. Have same augments, except spell interrupt down is at 9%.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2017-01-31 13:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
my friends were nice enough to keep my character active in ambuscade during my 150 day+ hiatus. Got a bunch of threads/saps/dyes/dust in my storage. What's the way to go on PLD capes?

the few i made:
Code

back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'VIT+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','VIT+10','Enmity+10',}},

back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','"Fast Cast"+10',priority=1}},

back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},

back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'INT+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','INT+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10',}},

back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10',}},

By clearlyamule 2017-01-31 13:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm somewhat curious about a couple of those.

Are the wsdmg and mab ones kind of mixed purpose capes cause some of the stats seem to point for a certain use while other stats on them are more optimal for other uses.
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 137 138 139