First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 137 138 139
 Ifrit.Showmo
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2016-03-07 14:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Near the end of my post on the block+ augments there's an image showing a comparison between major shields with +52 block on 133 mobs. Refer to that for Aegis.
Yeah, I saw that. For physical damage, there's no doubt that Srivatsa takes the gold.

But aside from just physical damage, what I meant was the overall picture; I haven't been in the endgame scene for a while now, but from what I've been hearing lately, a lot of enemies are heavy in the magical damage department (while still outputting high physical damage auto-attacks and the occasional physical TP attack)-- I've had a few friends claim that RUN is supposedly out tanking PLD these days (I'm not sure how far the gap is or how true this is).

The downside to Aegis was that you'd be sporting anywhere from a 5%-15%~ block rate without reprisal on high-end content due to no iLv shield skill, but with +52 block that would no longer be the case, thus allowing it to tank for both physical and magical damage more effectively. Hence I was expecting Aegis to be one of the top desirable shields for today's content, but I haven't experienced it for myself to be certain.

I guess it pretty much boils down to -69.5% PDT (Shield) & -87.5% MDT versus -98% PDT (Shield) & -50% MDT depending on what you're fighting.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-03-07 17:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My reply was a literal answer to, "How would Aegis Fare?"

The image shows the physical side, we all know how things are magically.

I didn't really see any need to elaborate. Aegis is still the go-to for magic damage, and it would much improved on the physical front with +52 block rate.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-03-07 18:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jeffil said: »
It's work I know, but since PLD is one of the two main jobs I play in game (BLU being the other), I wanted to offer some possible suggestions for the gear portion of this guide.

On the BLU guide, he lists "dream tier", "top tier", "high tier", "mid tier", and "low tier" equipment pieces for the main gear sets, like TP, WS, MAB, spells, etc.

It effectively turns into a "top 5" list for each equipment slot. They encourage you to use the best option that you have for each slot (although the dream tier is typically +1 abjuration gear and other difficult to obtain pieces).

Is it possible to slowly but surely work on this for this guide? I know some have "alternate" sets with gear that is easier to obtain but it would be nice to see some options one has if they don't have some of the pieces listed. I think for PLD useful tiers would be good for DD (I know, loldd), Tanking, DT, WS, and enmity would be most helpful.
Feel free to ask advice for your set, we can help you.
But edit guide with multy alternative set are am too long work for me, cause of the multi variation item we can use.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Server: Cerberus
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-03-07 19:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
Feel free to ask advice for your set, we can help you.
But edit guide with multy alternative set are am too long work for me, cause of the multi variation item we can use.

I completely understand :) I will post some when I get a chance.

Thanks for the great guide!
Server: Asura
By Asura.Babyseallover 2016-03-08 10:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Prior to Ochain/Aegis, I'm looking at Beatific+1 and Priwen.

I know Priwen can hit pretty high block rates with reprisal, but from what I've read it requires a certain monster level? Are there situations where Beatific+1 would outshine Priwen?

If it helps, this is my current set
ItemSet 342404
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-03-08 18:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

With reprisal up, never.
Reprisal down.... I actually wasn't sure, so I ran some numbers. And well. No never.

The only case where Beatific could be better than Priwen, would be if the goal was something Aside from damage reduction. AND reprisal was down.

Say... blocking for spell interruption, or to prevent ws add effect statuses. Cept if reprisal was up, Priwen would still be better for those.(And Ochain would be better still, but we weren't counting Ochain.)
[+]
By Asura.Babyseallover 2016-03-08 19:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
With reprisal up, never.(snip)

Thanks a bunch. Will stick with Priwen then.

Other than Ochain/Aegis/Ragnarok/Burt, any other suggestions on where to go with my current gear set? Do odysseans generally outstrip chevs for tanking big NMs? I assume Souveran's is still best, but atm the +1's are not affordable for me as I work towards the REM stuff. Are the Souverans NQ still best? And what would you recommend before them?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-03-09 07:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally new to this job, I have most of the basics, looking for a nice optimal TP build for CP to get my Job Points up. So I guess goal is 1150 acc.
By disturbedmidget 2016-03-09 08:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Your goal is too high. As a paladin in CP you only need roughly 1k Accuracy once you get enlight 2. With food + enlight 2 and shield blocks this would be more than enough.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-03-09 09:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so I good strategy maybe, join an AOE party as a puller for 100 JP then once you have enlight2, aim for 1000 accuracy with accuracy food
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-09 09:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
ok so I good strategy maybe, join an AOE party as a puller for 100 JP then once you have enlight2, aim for 1000 accuracy with accuracy food
If you just want to get 100 JP first you could do your own cleaving, especially during CP campaigns, 100JP won't take long to get.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-03-09 11:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Find a real cleaver and pull for them. With phalanx and decent pdt set, a paladin can pretty easily pull whole zitah areas. Go /rdm for ice spikes + diaga, /blu for cocoon, or /dnc for waltzing your cleaver buddy.

A caster will want to keep aquaveil, phalanx and ice spikes up but with two healer trusts on the cleaver, should never be a problem.

Also, in a fair apex manaburn party, you can only hope to Flash each mob, they usually die much faster than 30 seconds. So you *might* even consider using /run, keeping up a useful rune, so Enlight maintains its max potency and can swordplay when it's available.

And make an <stnpc> macro for flash so that you can have the next mob coming in. A huge difference in party speed is the travel time that mobs take to get to the party if the tank isn't pulling while things are dying.

As tank, I prefer to open the SC so that as soon as my ws animation is done, I can subtarget flash the next mob and have it otw to us. I try to line up the mob so that I and the dd will auto-target it when our current target dies.

All that said, paladin's job points are mostly mediocre and the gifts suck.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-03-10 16:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phalanx +5 DM augment, so new max phalanx with skill + armor is 60
 Valefor.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Valefor.Yankke 2016-03-11 00:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Im trying to add valorous head, odyssean hands/feet to my lua with augmented refresh but write it as "Refresh+2" or ""Refresh"+2" dont work either. Any idea? Thx in advance
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-11 00:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

//gs export, copy and paste
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-03-11 00:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Do //gs export and copy/paste it in.
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-03-11 00:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yankke, equip your set, type "//gs export" ingame (without quotes, of course) and it will be exported to an export subfolder of where all your luas are stored. Can copy and paste from there.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-03-11 04:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yankke said: »
Im trying to add valorous head, odyssean hands/feet to my lua with augmented refresh but write it as "Refresh+2" or ""Refresh"+2" dont work either. Any idea? Thx in advance
u think is "Refresh +2" but the best advice is //gs export yeah
By Targaryen 2016-03-11 16:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong, With armor the possible cap is 62 + weapon its 66. Either way its higher then 60.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-03-12 03:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

with no mage sub ?
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-03-12 11:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

can you still get the gold moogle belt with 3% HP? if not can someone recommend a better HP belt than Creed ?
By Zephin 2016-03-12 11:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
can you still get the gold moogle belt with 3% HP? if not can someone recommend a better HP belt than Creed ?

Don't think you can get the gold moogle belt.
oneiros belt is a mild upgrade
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-03-12 11:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i didn't think there was much better than creed for this, but figured I'd ask jic i missed one somewhere ^^ thx.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-03-12 12:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Targaryen said: »
Wrong, With armor the possible cap is 62 + weapon its 66. Either way its higher then 60.
Could you break down how you're getting that value for us then?

Cause I've run through the calculations, and barring the use of lightarts I'm also getting 60 without main/sub swaps. Although with light arts 63 should be possible(landed exactly on an extra tier with +23 skill in gear)

to run through it,
350 skill(base + merits.)
You can get up to 373 enhancing skill without losing phalanx+ slots
But the skill tiers are at 358 and then 386. so you really only need +8 skill, unless you're /sch.

Phalanx formula for 300+ skill
= 28 + Floor( (Enhancing Magic Skill - 300.5) / 28.5)
So, assuming at least 358 skill, we're at -30 dmg.

Phalanx+ gear
5/5 main slots = +25. Add in a +5 aug'd Weard Mantle for +30 total.
So 30+30=60.
If you're willing to swap main and sub slots, +66(deacon sword+priwen)

if /sch then
420 skill+23 gear= 443 skill. = -33 dmg phalanx
33+30=63
or if main/sub swaps
33=36=69

So while +62 is attainable without weapon swaps using light arts, it doesn't appear to be any kind of max. main/sub swap or not.

Have I missed a piece of phalanx+ somewhere or something?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-03-14 12:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn't, and I wasn't suggesting anyone should.

The original questions still stands. How are you getting 62 as max without main/sub slots?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-03-14 13:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Why the /sch hate? Seems useful for cleaving where you could accidentally die and benefit from RR. You get Stoneskin and Aquaveil like /rdm. Higher phalanx and celerity if need be. Only downside is no mab like /rdm gets. Increase in safety over the decrease in DPS.
 Asura.Midgitis
By Asura.Midgitis 2016-03-14 13:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

/sch doesn't get aoelian edge
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-03-14 13:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's all about that circle blade, about dat blade, about dat blade.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-03-14 14:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

/SCH has some applications but solo cleaving isn't one of them.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 137 138 139