users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 201 202 203
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-02-05 13:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Still amuses me that of all the traits out there, BLU can't set Subtle Blow. Too OP.

They couldn't give us Subtle Blow AND Rapid Shot, you know, so they had to pick
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-05 13:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

They should uncap the amount of subtle blow attainable, I think it'd help alleviate the TP gain issue a fairly decent amount.
By dustinfoley 2016-02-05 13:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Subtle blow is pretty irrelevant even if it was uncapped. Sure you could throw melee at it with uncapped SB, but they would all still die from the first ae.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-05 13:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

here we go again ! ! !
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-02-05 13:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
A Japanese dev post mentions that Automatons will benefit from the damage update as well. Going by Google Translate, they said that the damage formula will match that of a BST pet. Unless I'm misinterpreting, it seems that they will be increasing the pDIF cap for melee/ranged/automaton to match what BST pets get.

Official NA translation.
Quote:
As mentioned in this thread already, there is no need for concern.

The adjustments taking place in the upcoming version update will not be affecting the range in which automaton abilities can be activated or used.

The main objective of the adjustment is to add a routine to automatons so they are better aware of their range and do not use abilities when it they determine that it will not reach. This will eliminate times where abilities are used but elicit no effect since they are out of range.

One other thing I would like to note is that we will be making adjustments to the damage calculations of melee attacks and ranged attacks, and this will also apply to automatons. You’ll be able to reference the same calculations for beastmaster’s pets, and the damage cap can be increased
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-02-05 13:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: Nevermind.

No, it really wouldn't change anything at all, would it?
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2016-02-05 13:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
here we go again ! ! !

It's ok, I have Panacea macro'd for when I get butthurt
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-02-05 13:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
A Japanese dev post mentions that Automatons will benefit from the damage update as well. Going by Google Translate, they said that the damage formula will match that of a BST pet. Unless I'm misinterpreting, it seems that they will be increasing the pDIF cap for melee/ranged/automaton to match what BST pets get.

Official NA translation.
Quote:

The adjustments taking place in the upcoming version update will not be affecting the range in which automaton abilities can be activated or used.

The main objective of the adjustment is to add a routine to automatons so they are better aware of their range and do not use abilities when it they determine that it will not reach. This will eliminate times where abilities are used but elicit no effect since they are out of range.

One other thing I would like to note is that we will be making adjustments to the damage calculations of melee attacks and ranged attacks, and this will also apply to automatons. You’ll be able to reference the same calculations for beastmaster’s pets, and the damage cap can be increased

Sounds like it's going to be a pretty significant buff for melees, and ranged attackers. The big winner in this is PUP by far.

Incoming PUP bandwagon, followed by massive butthurt from Blue Mages and demands of a nerf on the OF.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-02-05 13:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »

Official NA translation.
Quote:

Sounds like it's going to be a pretty significant buff for melees, and ranged attackers. The big winner in this is PUP by far.

Incoming PUP bandwagon, followed by massive butthurt from Blue Mages and demands of a nerf on the OF.

Hilariously, the DDs that make out the best here are DNC and BLU, which have defense down debuffs that stack with everything else.

I think I get the theory: Acumen/Malaise produces YUUUUGE numbers because MAB+/MDB- scales basically infinitely, so we raise the cRation cap so Fury/Frailty can do the same thing. It's a clever way of trying to establish parity that solves basically none of the problems faced by melee.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-05 14:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Theoretically we can already get TP gain down to what, 22.5% of base? Subtle Blow, dAGI (unlikely to cap on high clevel mobs, mind you), and Yurin if you've got a NIN around. Several jobs also have ways of removing TP from monsters - Mewing Lullaby, Absorb-TP. BLU has Reaving Wind, and getting that down to <10s recast is very doable. If it lands for the full -1000 TP on big NMs then one BLU could potentially shut down TP gain on their own given controlled TP feed, and can contribute a variety of other useful debuffs at the same time (MDB down, very potent Burn or Drown/Frost, attack down and Bio, def down, various -stat debuffs, etc). Feather Tickle and Light of Penance too, but those suck.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-02-05 14:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »

Official NA translation.
Quote:

Hilariously, the DDs that make out the best here are DNC and BLU, which have defense down debuffs that stack with everything else.

You're right, completely forgot about DNC. I won't mention BLU b/c screw them.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-05 14:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I would imagine that the jobs that have access to good attack bonus or defense ignoring WSs would gain the most from this. Note that BLU's defense down from Tenebral Crush and other spells share the same normal Defense Down (Angon, Armor Break, etc).
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-02-05 14:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Way ahead of ya.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-05 14:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Also worth noting that crit WS benefit least from this change.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-02-05 14:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That's also assuming they make changes across the board. It's possible that they'll leave 1h alone, and raise caps or otherwise tweak things for 2h and ranged. They changed things to favor 2h back in what, ToAU? Better DEX:ACC and STR:ATT ratio, higher crit cap, etc.
Eventually got flattened out, but with the game in more of a final state, I could see them going back to it if it serves to balance things out more.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-05 14:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I can tell you right now that's not going to happen. The gap between current ratio caps and monster ratio caps is huge. Is it possible that we'll see other adjustments to further buff 2hand damage? Perhaps, though I'm not holding my breath. They're not going to leave 1hand as is though.

Higher crit cap for 2hand was never a thing by the way, best as I can recall. They did have 1:1 STR:attack and DEX:acc for a short time though, which was pretty stupid.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-05 14:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Theoretically we can already get TP gain down to what, 22.5% of base? Subtle Blow, dAGI (unlikely to cap on high clevel mobs, mind you), and Yurin if you've got a NIN around. Several jobs also have ways of removing TP from monsters - Mewing Lullaby, Absorb-TP. BLU has Reaving Wind, and getting that down to <10s recast is very doable. If it lands for the full -1250 TP on big NMs then one BLU could potentially shut down TP gain on their own given controlled TP feed, and can contribute a variety of other useful debuffs at the same time (MDB down, very potent Burn or Drown/Frost, attack down and Bio, def down, various -stat debuffs, etc). Feather Tickle and Light of Penance too, but those suck.

Does mewing lullaby land on NM consistently if used as SJ? I see people subbing SMN to use it on T4.

Edit: if so then inc new sj for support jobs?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-05 14:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The TP reduction from Mewing Lullaby is, for whatever inexplicable reason, unresistable.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-02-05 14:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn't hate on the BLU that actually have more than their MG+Flutter+CdC buttons...

Those aren't the ones that succeed on higher tier content. A true BLU (...ewww the pun) actually pays attention to her traits and spells in conjunction with gear.

That said, I feel like a BST probably did a few months ago. >.<

Adjustments to anything take time to adjust to. BST adjusted to the distance change (or got horribly facerolled).

I'd honestly like to see 2h get a bit of a boost.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-05 14:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The TP reduction from Mewing Lullaby is, for whatever inexplicable reason, unresistable.

Inc BLU GEO/SMN GEO/SMN WHM/SMN COR/SMN 8D
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-05 15:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO/SMN doesn't work because you can't use a luopan and cait sith at the same time Q_Q
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-02-05 15:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Higher crit cap for 2hand was never a thing by the way, best as I can recall. They did have 1:1 STR:attack and DEX:acc for a short time though, which was pretty stupid.

Hm, I recalled a lot of testing after the August 2007 patch (the one that did the STR/DEX thing too) that illustrated a gap, but you're right, crit cap didn't change. Seems like 2h was able to cap their ATT:DEF ratio a bit higher though.

Personally, I read the statement from SE here as pertaining to Automatons in particular. Not necessarily indicative of what they're doing for player damage - though it may well be. If so, sure, I don't see them leaving 1h alone.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-02-05 15:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, automatons still won't have access to the ready move spam of a BST, so I doubt this change is enough to cause a new bandwagon job. It'll make DD puppets stronger, but still likely not as strong as a good BST pet. Could make hybrid master+puppet DD quite viable in meaningful content though.

That being said, could support a very compelling argument for Kenkonken as best DD RME (not that it was ever bad). Dat OA2-3x affects automaton too!
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-02-05 15:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally hope that PUP gets to shine, probably because you just can't bandwagon it with any hope of it being good.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-02-05 15:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
I personally hope that PUP gets to shine, probably because you just can't bandwagon it with any hope of it being good.

Yeah, PUP is one of those jobs that you simply cannot, under any circumstances, go with Sparks gear, Sparks animator, and expect to be good at the job.

Also, there are no skill up books for Automaton skills, so you have to skill that puppet up the old fashioned way which turns off a lot of people.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-02-05 16:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't complain if PUP ends up the new difficult-to-bandwagon DD overlord ;) Just dreading what I'm in store for to upgrade mythic.

However... using puppet for DD will be a reason to use a real DD sub and punch things, instead of tank pet and backline /WHM tossing erases and -na on people. So I guess we better argue about panacea some more!
[+]
By ibm2431 2016-02-05 16:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Camate said:
As Mnejing has already kindly shared, Mog Wardrobe 2 is on the way, and slated to be implemented in the April version update!

However, due to this addition there will also be slightly longer loading times, which I would like to take a moment to explain.

Essentially, whenever you have items in storage, there will always be loading time that occurs. The more items you have in storage causes this time to become longer, and unfortunately this is unavoidable at the moment. However, leaving this alone would cause unwanted circumstances in the event that we add a third or fourth Mog Wardrobe, such as having to wait a long amount of time for loading when entering battlefields or other areas where time is of the essence.

As such, the development team isn’t going to give up on this, and they are currently investigating to see what can be done to shorten the loading times. They’d like to prioritize a speedier loading time when changing zones, so it will cut down on the time where you are not able to equip gear or use items. They’ll be trying various approaches and looking at this issue from various angles to make this smoother.

With that said though, there is still a possibility that this cannot be improved since it is an adjustment related to the core system of FFXI, and we appreciate your understanding on this.

Or SE could simply give us gear that has all relevant stats on it that aren't downgrades from our current single-stat gear. I only need all that inventory space because I'm swapping between six entire sets every 10 seconds.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-05 16:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow six whole sets, look at you go!

Seriously, no, that's a terrible idea.
[+]
By Zubis 2016-02-05 16:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting that we're getting the Mog Wardrobe 2 a month after the console shutdown. Hopefully a good sign of things to come.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-05 17:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Official NA translation.
Quote:

I think even with this buff to pup's pet it still won't surpass a blue which they getting a small buff as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 201 202 203