Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-03-16 23:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Asura.Highwynn said: »
Actually rdm is quite good. Distract II is a huge acc boost, di3 is about equal to +20% attack for the alliance, haste2 is great because how often do people bring smn. Besides stun duty, rdm offers much more than say SCH which mostly a nuke/healer over time job. If you don't need nukes, then they're all theyre good for is regen5.

On the other hand, Distract II is hardly better than Distract I which Geo can land on anything Rdm can. Dia 3 is either equal to or barely better than Dia 2 because of attack overcap these days. Haste 2 at best allows you to only have to use 1 March, adding only something like 60-70 attack or 40~ accuracy. Haste 2 got shafted hard by being only 30%, haste is an absolutely must have stat to cap and the only thing that caps with Haste 2 without wildly overcapping is Marchx1, which if you have a Brd you can cap haste with anyways without Haste 2. To make Red Mage worth using in a normal 6 man setup (DDx2-3, Bufferx2-3, Whm) it is going to either have to stun or ardor is going to have to be wildly overpowered. Personally I can't see Rdm becoming a staple job for any non-stunning setup without major buffs.

Distract II is actually quite higher than I just by the fact rdm can saboteur and has access to sayon. 50 evasion down with capped dMND, 16% from sayon and uk'uxaj, 2.2 multiplier with gantherot saboteur. 116 evasion down. Distract I caps at 35, 37 with uk'uxaj boots.

Dia III is also 5% more defense down, and will be more when it is made a potency spell. 5% is quite a lot when a mob has say 2500 defense or whatever it gets up to, a 125 defense down in that case.

Rdm main can sub blm and can further enfeeble the target with choke or frost depending what's needed.

This of course is hoping that Vagary content will be challenging and multiple types of buffs and debuffs will need to be stacked to make it manageable. (yeah right)

Also Ardor will be interesting depending on how people use it. Put two mythic sams on a target and let them roll level 2 skill chains for as long as they want, building up that SC damage multiplier. End it with a double light and watch it melt. People do that now but ardor will make it that much better.
 Asura.Vafruvant
Server: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-03-16 23:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You're still missing the fact that you don't have capped magic haste, which greatly lowers DPS in a great number of situations. No one is denying the fact that RDM has good debuffs, it's that the debuffs they have don't balance the better buffs BRD can provide.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-03-16 23:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »
Actually rdm is quite good. Distract II is a huge acc boost, di3 is about equal to +20% attack for the alliance, haste2 is great because how often do people bring smn. Besides stun duty, rdm offers much more than say SCH which mostly a nuke/healer over time job. If you don't need nukes, then they're all theyre good for is regen5.

On the other hand, Distract II is hardly better than Distract I which Geo can land on anything Rdm can. Dia 3 is either equal to or barely better than Dia 2 because of attack overcap these days. Haste 2 at best allows you to only have to use 1 March, adding only something like 60-70 attack or 40~ accuracy. Haste 2 got shafted hard by being only 30%, haste is an absolutely must have stat to cap and the only thing that caps with Haste 2 without wildly overcapping is Marchx1, which if you have a Brd you can cap haste with anyways without Haste 2. To make Red Mage worth using in a normal 6 man setup (DDx2-3, Bufferx2-3, Whm) it is going to either have to stun or ardor is going to have to be wildly overpowered. Personally I can't see Rdm becoming a staple job for any non-stunning setup without major buffs.

Distract II is actually quite higher than I just by the fact rdm can saboteur and has access to sayon. 50 evasion down with capped dMND, 16% from sayon and uk'uxaj, 2.2 multiplier with gantherot saboteur. 116 evasion down. Distract I caps at 35, 37 with uk'uxaj boots.

Dia III is also 5% more defense down, and will be more when it is made a potency spell. 5% is quite a lot when a mob has say 2500 defense or whatever it gets up to, a 125 defense down in that case.

Rdm main can sub blm and can further enfeeble the target with choke or frost depending what's needed.

This of course is hoping that Vagary content will be challenging and multiple types of buffs and debuffs will need to be stacked to make it manageable. (yeah right)

Also Ardor will be interesting depending on how people use it. Put two mythic sams on a target and let them roll level 2 skill chains for as long as they want, building up that SC damage multiplier. End it with a double light and watch it melt. People do that now but ardor will make it that much better.
Rdm can Saboteur, Brd can Marcato and SV both have the ability to pump their buffs/debuffs up (although I still think Brd wins on this point). Also worth noting that very few mobs have that much defense, for instance T1 delve bosses have around 1900 and T2 delve bosses probably aren't much higher. You're comparing a job that gives 13% more Haste and a job that gives 30 more attack, do you really think this is even close?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-17 01:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm never belongs in a party that contains active melee

it's potentially worth an ally spot sometimes
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-03-17 06:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Nah, if you don't have available GHorn/Dar BRDs and Idris GEOs, you really should just quit the game. To make Red Mage worth using, you'd have to have a mental disorder. Personally I can't see Rdm becoming a stable job for any event whatsoever.

I hope this is just a troll post, but will take the bait anyway because I feel offended (I don't even play RDM, that isn't the point).

So people whose only option is either shout parties or suboptimal linkshell groups don't even deserve to play, huh? They have to either buy from those with pocket R/E/M buffers or solo forever. I thought this was an MMO, not a LAN party.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-03-17 07:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What I don't get is why RDM is supposedly competing for the BRD spot in people's minds. They're not competing for the BRD spot, or the GEO spot, or the WHM spot, or the COR spot, they're competing for the second DD spot. Adding more capped haste SAM roll DDs usually ends up breaking more skillchains than helping. As for the capped attack argument, then GEO can swap to something else. With that many buffs, GEO and COR are more than capable of handling any adds.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-03-17 07:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Yeah, hardcores bring brds to everythinf, but i've joined plenty of content runs where only one party got a brd and the other had a cor. In cases like that, you're only getting haste 2. People always assume the ideals, i.e. Capped haste with ghorn 4 song brds etc with idris geos capping everyone's attack. In the real world, outside of the top 10%, most of the time you won't have capped haste and capped pdif. In cases like that dia3 distract II really do shine, and it's the majority of the time. If you run with a good LS or a small static group, this is irrelevant. But for the casuals or semi-advanced which make up the other 90% of the player base rdm has excellent tools to weaken mobs and buff players in unison with a brd geo or cor. Hell even alone, a rdm by itself is better than a 3song brd by itself until you start adding in relic horn, SV and Clarion call, haste II, distractII, Dia III>marchx2 haste1 and minuet5. Comparing ghorn4 song brd to rdm isnt very fair in terms of judging the balance between jobs. Assuming a rdm with capped enhancing and good duration gear vs a +4 song brd with terpander, rdm appears as the better support class. And thats how SE balances jobs. Based off of majority, NQ wherewithal. Not prime r/e/m.

Nah, if you don't have available GHorn/Dar BRDs and Idris GEOs, you really should just quit the game. To make Red Mage worth using, you'd have to have a mental disorder. Personally I can't see Rdm becoming a stable job for any event whatsoever.

Wait really? So 99 percent of the players should quit the game? I can only think of 2 people that have both daurabla/ghorn bard AND idris geo
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2015-03-17 07:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd take a COR & RDM any day over some snoody BRD.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-03-17 08:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Back to do earth, thieves. Garbage job, bandwagon-ed, then returning to garbage? Sounds like balance to me.

Damn, tell us how you really feel.

I call it like I see it.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-17 23:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Huge post on their reasoning for Rudra's Storm changes and other balance (Warrior, Dark Knight).

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46265-%E8%B5%A4%E3%81%AE%E6%96%B0%E9%AD%94%E6%B3%95%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%80%E3%83%BC%E3%81%A8%E3%80%81%E4%BE%8D%E3%81%A8%E3%80%81%E3%82%B7%E3%83%BC%E3%83%95%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6%E3%80%82?p=543839#post543839

Quick summary of some things:

-The weaponskill update was supposed to increase the variety of weaponskills used. Rudra's Storm became too strong, and it is difficult to balance because of it. Thus, it should be reduced in power slightly.
-Dancer weaponskill damage became second only to Thief, despite being a supportive job. There are also some comments about Bard on the same topic.
-Notes about Samurai I don't feel comfortable stating due to being unsure, plus ardor, Red Mage, and skillchain damage.
-Because Vagary is being implemented this update, doing the changes at the same time was the best choice, so that the difficulty of the content would not change after the nerfs.
-Warrior will be looked at with adjustments to job abilities and traits, Dark Knight will be looked at for new abilities. They are planning on increasing the power of magic bursts in the March version update, and add a new ability to Black Mage at some point to help its damage.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-18 00:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted a small summary of what I can get from it. There's some more details, but that's the basics.

There's some notes on Samurai, Ardor, and skillchain damage, but I don't feel comfortable saying anything that could be wrong.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-03-18 10:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
I posted a small summary of what I can get from it. There's some more details, but that's the basics.

There's some notes on Samurai, Ardor, and skillchain damage, but I don't feel comfortable saying anything that could be wrong.

Kincard translated it, link:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112776-Dev-Tracker-Findings-Posts-(NO-DISCUSSION)/page30

(After reading the section about samurai and fudo)
By Ulthakptah 2015-03-18 10:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow Matsui is dumb. Fudo is fine because it relies on attack/defense? Every weapon skill relies on attack/defense, and it's a whole hell lot easier to get attack when you stack str with your weaponskill instead of dex. I don't know what I was expecting though. Maybe int being magic acc for black magic, and mnd for white makes him think str is attack for GK, and dex is attack for dagger.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-03-18 10:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
Wow Matsui is dumb. Fudo is fine because it relies on attack/defense? Every weapon skill relies on attack/defense, and it's a whole hell lot easier to get attack when you stack str with your weaponskill instead of dex. I don't know what I was expecting though. Maybe int being magic acc for black magic, and mnd for white makes him think str is attack for GK, and dex is attack for dagger.

I think they play their game without attack buff/defense down debuff in endgame content. In that case, Fudo probably suck. But honestly, who doesn't do endgame without BRD COR GEO and food?
By Pantafernando 2015-03-18 16:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Greetings, everyone.

I’d like to share a comment from Producer Matsui as a follow-up to his recent post.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
Matsui here.

I’ve spoken to the lead and checked up on the major feedback and questions we have been receiving, so I’d like to comment on these points.
Weapon skills other than Rudra’s Storm
Dagger weapon skills have a high damage multiplier, and regardless of what TP amount you choose to use it, it will still elicit a high amount of damage.

The weapon skill adjustments in June and December of 2014 strived to shine light on weapon skills that were not being used as much anymore and also to increase the range of options available. However, as a result, the stats for weapon skills with TP damage modifiers became much more prominent.

I would like to do everything I can to preserve the special characteristic of these weapon skills that allow you to deal large amounts of damage when you save TP; however, if we continue onward with the current multiplier, I feel it would be difficult to create balance with the other types of weapons. Due to this, I believe it is necessary to slightly reduce the multiplier.

Effects towards dagger wielding jobs such as bard and dancer
Bard, in addition to dealing damage through weapon skills, is a support-type job that aids their party through their songs. Currently, I feel that they possess a sufficient amount of capabilities in parties, and as such there are no plans to make adjustments for their melee damage.

With the job trait that allows them to increase skillchain damage as well as Climatic Flourish, dancer is currently in position right after thief as a job that can deal solid weapon skill damage. They also have a high amount of utility with their other abilities, and we do not have any plans of making adjustments to dancer based on the current damage output of Rudra’s Storm.

Isn’t samurai overpowered because their self-skillchain with Tachi: Fudo is very powerful?
Even when it comes to the values that were measured while the development team was conducting play testing, the amount of damage dealt by self-skillchaining with Tachi: Fudo exceeded that of other damage dealing jobs in many cases, and it’s a fact that samurai is currently an extremely powerful damage dealer.

However, while Tachi: Fudo is the great katana weapon skill of choice at the moment, in addition to requiring the entire party’s support to elicit the sought-after high damage, the damage also largely varies due to the attack-defense ratio between you and the monster, and standing in front of the monster to gain the bonus of Overwhelm is a risk. (Tachi: Fudo is still very powerful when fighting enemies that are lower than your own level, but job balance adjustments are made based on fighting high level monsters.)

Considering these factors as well as samurai’s job design which doesn’t give them much in terms of abilities that affect the entire party, I feel that lowering samurai’s damage dealing capabilities would severely limit the situations they can be useful, and as such we will not be making any adjustments as of the March version update.

We will continue to monitor the balance between samurai and other damage dealing jobs, and we will continue to look into adjustments based on the feedback we receive.

The frequency of recasting Ardor and its effect on two-handed weapon jobs
As a result of proceeding to make adjustments to the stats of Ardor, we’ve determined that its effects on two-handed weapons other than great katana are not sufficient enough and the damage output has not been equalized enough. Due to these reasons, we are in the midst of revamping the effect of Ardor.

We are planning to make the revamped Ardor have an effect where a skillchain damage bonus will be given depending on the amount of players that participate in the skillchain and the amount of weapon variety present. This means that it will be possible to achieve higher damage when skillchaining with other players and other weapon types compared to skillchaining by yourself.

There will be no changes to the jobs that can use this spell or the level it is learned, so we are still planning to make it a red mage spell that can be learned at level 64.

Furthermore, we’ve been receiving feedback concerned that red mages will have to recast this spell on party members every time the party wants to perform a skillchain, but we are planning to change this spell from an enhancing magic spell cast on party members to an enfeebling spell that is cast on monsters, so please do not worry about this.

However, due to these aforementioned changes, we will have to push back the implementation of Ardor to the version update that takes place after March, and we will only be making the weapon skills adjustments ahead of time in the March version update.

This means that we will be performing a so-called “nerf” ahead of time, but please allow me to explain the reasoning in the next section.

Weapon skill adjustment timing
In the March version update, in addition to the job adjustments being discussed, we will also be implementing new high-difficulty battle content known as Vagary.

In the event that we were to delay the weapon skill adjustments along with Ardor, the weapon skill adjustments would take place after Vagary has already been implemented, and it would result in very different situations for players who challenged this high-difficulty content before the adjustment and those who challenge it after, even though the adjustments are slight.

Due to this, in order to prevent players who plan on challenging this content right away from gaining an advantage, I feel it’s necessary to implement the weapon skill adjustments at the same time that we implement Vagary.

Damage dealing capabilities of warrior, dark knight, and black mage
Separately from the addition of Ardor, I feel that adjustments are needed for warrior and dark knight, whose primary role is to deal damage with their two-handed weapon similar to samurai, as well as black mage whose elemental magic spells do not receive a bonus from Ardor.

We’re currently looking into adjusting existing abilities and job traits for warrior, and adding new abilities to dark knight.

In regards to elemental magic, we’re planning to make adjustments that increase the potency of magic bursts in the March version update. Additionally, we’re looking into adding new black mage abilities and boosting their damage dealing capabilities.

As we’re still in the discussion stages of adjustments other than the magic burst adjustment, there is a possibility that the details will change, but we’ll be announcing information on topics and the forums in the future.

Thank you so much for all the feedback and thoughts on this matter, and I hope you continue to provide your feedback on it moving forward.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-18 16:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

About a topic complaining losing ja when Using bp and bp cant go (pet dying, etc)

Quote:
Adjustments to make it so the recast timer does not activate when Blood Pacts are not executed properly would be at the level of creating an entirely new ability, and we won't be able to address this at the moment.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-18 16:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
I'm liking the adjustments (yea new enhancing spell for RDM!), like the set enfeebling duration of enfeebles, what I don't get is why is the potency of Blind based on MND? That is an INT enfeeble. Or is SE making it so magic accuracy is based on INT and potency on MND?
We originally had plans to change the way the system works by changing the properties of Blind so that MND would affect its potency. The basis of this change was to reduce the amount of equipment you need to procure to make enfeebling spells more effective. However, after giving consideration to other factors, such as the need for INT for magical accuracy, we've decided to push back this adjustment as it would cause players to need both MND and INT to boost the efficacy of Blind.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-18 16:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

P.s.:
Someone knows how can i copy/paste the OF layout?

I know that kalila managed to replicate the dev post in the exact for (green color background, avatat pics, etc), just wondering how can i do that.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-03-20 11:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't believe I missed the latest dev post in all the excitement over Thursday's announcement.

Quote:
I would like to do everything I can to preserve the special characteristic of these weapon skills that allow you to deal large amounts of damage when you save TP; however, if we continue onward with the current multiplier, I feel it would be difficult to create balance with the other types of weapons. Due to this, I believe it is necessary to slightly reduce the multiplier.

Yes.

Quote:
Bard, in addition to dealing damage through weapon skills, is a support-type job that aids their party through their songs. Currently, I feel that they possess a sufficient amount of capabilities in parties, and as such there are no plans to make adjustments for their melee damage.

Yes!

Quote:
Considering these factors as well as samurai’s job design which doesn’t give them much in terms of abilities that affect the entire party, I feel that lowering samurai’s damage dealing capabilities would severely limit the situations they can be useful, and as such we will not be making any adjustments as of the March version update.

We will continue to monitor the balance between samurai and other damage dealing jobs, and we will continue to look into adjustments based on the feedback we receive.

Yes!!!

Never change, SE. Thieves- back to Dynamis. Bards- back to the backline. Samurai- balanced and working as intended.

I'm going to miss this game so damn much :D
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-20 11:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Spoken like a true SAMonry player.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-03-20 11:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
About a topic complaining losing ja when Using bp and bp cant go (pet dying, etc)

Quote:
Adjustments to make it so the recast timer does not activate when Blood Pacts are not executed properly would be at the level of creating an entirely new ability, and we won't be able to address this at the moment.
At least, as pointed out on the OF by a random person, they ARE adjusting the delay between command and firing of BPs...
Would have been nice for the Dev response to have pointed out that they're changing all BPs to have short firing delays akin to Ramuh's Shock Squall... But Grem made that post, so it's not surprising he left out the "but here's the good news" part. (it's like they give him a token for saying 1 good thing a year, and he already used it this year.)
So they are fixing the stunlock problem with Avatars... just... not in the best way possible. (though it really should fix the issue 99.9% of the time)

EDIT:
Asura.Ivlilla said: »
There's one WHM running around my server, with an Arka IV, still mostly in Empy armor, who tries to do ilvl stuff, and does it very poorly, and can't understand why they should maybe upgrade their gear, or why there are better alternatives than Arka IV, because that stick has 2% less cure potency than muh Arka IV. Oh, and stat vomit. And effective level. And other things. But muh Arka IV.
I agree 1110% with your post, but just wanted to point out/expand on what you were saying with the quote.
Cause it's a problem I see with WHMs... Now, Arka IV is still perfectly fine, sure there are "better" alternatives (Tamaxchi, that Leviathan club, that unity staff) but aside from the unity staff, none of the alternatives boost cures enough to be "strictly better". (It's cause MND is literally the second worst way to boost cure power, ~8ish MND is gonna give you only 1~3HP cured... AFTER capped potency... depending on the cure. This is why the unity staff is so good. Cause it's got healing magic which is actually a very good way to boost potency to the maximum.)
The problem is very similar to the epeen parsing I guess...
Cause it's not that the WHM in question is using Arka IV or empy pants and body (pants are required, body is by taste)... Nor is it that they're not using full 119 gear... Cause it sounds like they are doing the blind thing and ONLY focusing on cure potency. The stat not the mechanic. (Cause I am not questioning their capability, as in, I'm willing to believe they're bad... I've seen my share of "full 117/119" WHMs who are just as bad for similar reason. Worse when I've been told "but iLv so I don't die" or some such nonsense... the only times I've ever been hit on WHM is solo, or there's a hate reset mechanic. In other words, if you're not doing enmity right, it's your own fault for pulling hate with your curaga5 spam.)
To be a good WHM you need 3 things: 50% cure potency, -80% cast time on cures, and as much refresh, healing magic skill, and enmity down as you can muster or feel the need for in your other slots.
Too often people blind themselves to just one aspect (eg: cure potency or iLv) when you need more than just that to be good.
WHM is probably in the best spot right now for gear... because nothing really has changed since the 99 era other than gear options.
Now, there's just SO MANY different options that aside from the empyrean pants... there are no bad gear choices so long as you're capping potency and cast time. (Which is what I'm betting your WHM isn't doing. Sounds like bit of cure potency blindness mixed with the stupid that empyrean armor = teh best armor ever 5/5 should be su2 and need 300+ JP cause it's SO powerful.)
And even the empyrean pants have an alternative to be used! (they're basically the same, less MP retention... BUT cure potency in that slot, freeing up others for other stuff!)
By Pantafernando 2015-03-20 14:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hello, everyone.

Thank you for all the questions regarding the Vana’diel Project.

The following is a comment from Producer Matsui.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
Matsui here.

Thank you to everyone who watched the press conference in real-time or caught-up on the announcements afterwards by reading the forum digest and other media articles.

I’d like to personally go over some of the questions that have been posted in this thread so far, and I plan on setting some time aside during next week’s Freshly Picked Vana’diel to talk about them.

I apologize to keep you all waiting until then, but I appreciate your patience.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-27 16:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Greetings, everyone.

The development team is aware of the current issue regarding summoner’s ability to switch out Blood Pact equipment. The following is a message from Producer Matsui about how the team is planning to address this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
Matsui here.

We’ve been receiving a lot of reports that equipment swapping macros are not switching gear in and out in time due to the adjustments made to Blood Pact execution times.

After looking into this, we discovered that the cause is a maximum 1 second delay that is generated by macros that utilize “/equipset”.

Currently, the development team is looking into editing the Blood Pact execution time so it is 2 seconds.
(This can actually be adjusted in increments of 1/60th of a second, and we’re trying to see if we can reduce this time a bit more.)

We’re striving to fix this issue as quickly as possible. I apologize to all the summoners out there who are inconvenienced by this, but please wait just a bit until it is fixed.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-27 16:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Greetings, adventurers! Matsui here.

Along with the airing of this month's Freshly Picked Vana'diel,
we would like to close this session on the question gathering.

Thank you all for submitting number of questions.

Quote:
We're currently preparing a digest of Freshly Picked Vana'diel in both Japanese and English. This Freshly Picked was quite longer than ones in the past, and nearly an hour was spent discussing questions related to The Vana'diel Project. We'll have a full Q&A summary up as soon as possible. I know that everyone wants to know answers to many of the questions that were asked, but we appreciate your patience.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-30 15:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Greetings,

I have some follow-up information to share.

We’ve been continuing to test and look into this issue since the weekend, and as a result, we’ve confirmed that by changing the Blood Pact execution delay time to 1.25 seconds, equipment changed through the “/equipset” command is now functioning stably.

Based on these results, we will be lengthening the delay time from 1 second to 1.25 seconds, and we’re in the midst of performing final testing for implementation.

Furthermore, Stunga and several other Blood Pacts whose execution timing is critical will not undergo this adjustment, and their execution delay time will remain the current duration.

The development team is working to get this implemented in the coming days, so please hang in there just a short while longer.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-02 15:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Today we kicked off our Triple Campaign Spring Frenzy! event, which includes the Abyssea Campaign that has been brought back by popular demand. Get out there and collect those Atma!

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/13733/detail.html#_ga=1.48460966.1477351744.1417809136

Quote:

Triple Campaign Spring Frenzy! (04/02/2015)
Starting today, Thursday April 2, we will be kicking off these three, exciting campaigns!

Campaign Period
Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 1:00 a.m.

Double Capacity & Experience Point Campaign
Earn double the normal amount of capacity points and experience points from defeating monsters. What's more, this campaign will also apply to experience gained in Monstrosity.

Abyssea Campaign
A blue treasure chest has been placed near the "Horst" NPC in Port Jeuno (H-8).
Open the chest to receive one of the following prizes.
- Atma (eleven varieties)
- Lunar Abyssite (one piece)
- 100,000 Cruor
* Note: You may only accept a prize once.

Not only that, upon entering Abyssea, Pearlescent, Azure, Golden, and Silvery Visitant Lights will have their starting light values set to 100.

Skirmish Frenzy Campaign
During this campaign, the drop rate for trigger items in colonization and lair reives has been doubled. We didn't stop there. Raising the rank of personal treasure coffers has been made much easier. The higher your personal treasure coffer rank, the easier it will be to obtain high-quality stones as well as translurry/transmelange.

Spring Alter Ego Extravaganza Is Here! (04/02/2015)

Quote:
Starting today, Thursday April 2, don't miss this valuable Alter Ego Extravaganza Campaign!
We will be adding the following three, brand-new alter egos as part of this campaign.

- Qultada, captain of the Seagull Phratrie
- Adelheid Sturm, explosives expert
- Amchuchu, engineering genius of Adoulin

That's not all. Don't miss your chance to grab these returnees from last year's campaign!

- Sakura, the chocobo chick prodigy
- Ovjang, the red magic whirlwind
- Mnejing, the silent knight
- Rahal, general of the Royal Knights
- Koru-Moru, the amorous professor
- Cid, master engineer

Extravaganza Period: Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 7:00 a.m.

Details on how to acquire these alter egos from the fall campaign will be made available on this page when the spring campaign goes live.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-02 15:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure Q will actually use rolls.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-03 13:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Freshly Picked Vana'diel 17 Digest
Greetings,

We’re pleased to present the full digest of the Q&A regarding “The Vana’diel Project” conducted during Freshly Picked Vana’diel 17. Producer Matsui thoroughly answers many of the questions posed on the official forums and offers more insight into the recent announcements.

Quote:
Hello, Matsui here.

Thank you all so much for tuning into Freshly Picked Vana'diel 17.

For those of you who were unable to watch the stream, I've created this digest of what was discussed.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Table of Contents:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46687?p=546656#post546656

*The portion of the stream related to information on the March version update will be released separately at a later date.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-03 13:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
(0:01:16~)

The recently held press conference was an opportunity to reveal our newly-planned project to the masses, and I would like to take this time to discuss in more detail about the announcements by answering some of the major questions we've been receiving.

To start off, I'd like to explain the reasoning behind why we will no longer be implementing major version updates and why we will be stopping service for both the PlayStation 2 version and the Xbox 360 version. As we've explained on various occasions, the game was developed originally as a PlayStation 2 game, and it has been developed while performing maintenance in a development environment from over ten years ago. We've done everything we can to procure development equipment for PlayStation 2, and the FFXI development team has just about managed to secure nearly all of the equipment from around the world. This equipment is limited to a couple dozen machines, and we have been carefully using these development machines to continue performing version updates on PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, and PC.

In the midst of these conditions, we had to consider how we would continue the development and operation of FFXI, and it was largely split into two different plans: a plan to boost revenue and a plan to reduce spending. The former plan would require adjustments to the pacing of battle, quest lines, and various other adjustments in order to increase the amount of new players coming into the game. Furthermore, as I previously mentioned, if we were to fix the aspect of relying on the PlayStation 2 and prepare a new system, the resources and costs would essentially be the same as developing a new MMO from the ground up. I feel that using these resources would not really result in a world that everyone who is enjoying FFXI at the moment would get into.

After releasing Seekers of Adoulin, we decided to change directions to focus on our currently active player base. Additionally, in order to keep the game running, we decided to develop plans so that players who were taking a break from the game would return. Before we migrate over to a plan to reduce spending, we'd like to deliver a spectacular ending to all of our players that honors the FINAL FANTASY name and wraps up the story while all of the core members of the FFXI development team are together. After deciding to deliver this ending, we knew we had to let everyone know that it would be the end, and we felt the need to inform everyone at an early stage. This is why we decided to hold a press conference to announce this ending as well as the new titles that will be made which are set in the world of Vana'diel.

In regards to the PlayStation 2 development equipment I mentioned about just before, when we asked Sony Computer Entertainment the difficult question of how long we would be able to continue on PlayStation 2 since FFXI is the only service that was being continued, they responded that they would wait for the right time and ignore the business aspects. Microsoft has also treated us very kindly and has made exceptions for this project time and time again. Additionally, in regards to questions about whether we can port FFXI to different hardware, it was made playable on Windows and Xbox 360 based on that which was made for the PlayStation 2. Many of the resources can only be made in integrated environments, and since the PlayStation development equipment is at the core of this, if the PlayStation 2 tools can no longer be used it will not be possible to continue development.

(0:09:51~)
Q: FINAL FANTASY Grandmasters and the native application will be development by other companies, but how will our personal information be handled?
A: FINAL FANTASY Grandmasters is a completely new and separate title, so there will not be any kind of data transfer. On the other hand for the native application, we're thinking about giving special bonuses to people who had been playing FFXI, but we would need everyone to agree to transfer their data, so this is something that we are looking into. To be honest, we are not thinking of transfering personal information. In the event that character data becomes necessary for in-game bonus item distribution, we would only extract the necessary data. At the moment the native application hasn't come into full shape yet, and while I can touch on the general idea and policies, we're not at the point to where we can talk about the specifics.

(0:12:25~)
Q: Will we be able to transfer our character and item data over to FINAL FANTASY Grandmasters and the native application?
A: We’re thinking about preparing special bonus items in some way for transferring data, but essentially it will not involve directly transferring your character data over, so it’s best to think that a new, separate account and character will be used to play FINAL FANTASY Grandmasters and the native application.

(0:14:07~)
Q: Why did you decide to end support for PS2 and Xbox 360?
A: The decision was related to the termination of hardware support, but until now we've also maintained game quality by implementing measures for memory reduction; however, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to maintain a level of quality service, and this is why we decided to end support for the PS2 and Xbox 360. We would like everyone to play and enjoy Rhapsodies of Vana’diel as well, which is why we decided to end support for these platforms after it concludes.

(0:15:46~)
Q: Why are you ending major version updates?
A: Considering that we would like everyone to continue playing the game as long as possible, we have to adopt the aforementioned plan to reduce spending. We would also like our development staff to focus on new projects, and in order to continue running the game with a compact team, we have no choice but to stop major version updates.

(0:17:07~)
Q: After stopping major version updates, besides bug fixes and balance adjustments, will you continue to implement new content, features, spells, and such?
A: Essentially what we will be doing is data adjustments. Adding new content, for example Dynamis II or such, would be difficult. However, it's possible to make additions that do not rely on development tools. We have yet to specifically decide on what we will be doing in terms of updates, but we are thinking about easing and eliminating restrictions for content that is limited by congestion countermeasures. Additionally, we are planning to fix bugs and make balance adjustments based on player feedback. Instead of focusing resources towards the addition of new content, we will be focusing all our power on making current content easier to get into. We’d like to create a world that players will be able to return to any time.

(0:22:33~)
Q: Will players who have not reached level 99 or do not possess item level 119 weapons still be able to take part in Rhapsodies of Vana’diel and see the ending?
A: In the grand scheme of things, ultimately you’ll want to be level 99 with item level 117-119 equipment. From the beginning you won’t need to be level 99, and at the start you’ll be told to head to areas that were added in Rise of the Zilart, so you should be around that level. Afterwards, you can gradually level up and procure your equipment to continue onwards. The quest line was made so that players returning after quite some time and even new players can follow it and grow their characters.

(0:24:50~)
Q: What are the requirements for participating in Rhapsodies of Vana’diel? Do we need to have all the expansions and add-ons installed?
A: My explanation might have been bad and caused some confusion, but in order to clear this content you will need all of the expansion packs (Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urhgan, Wings of the Goddess, and Seekers of Adoulin). While at the start it won’t be necessary, you’ll eventually need the expansion packs. Throughout Rhapsodies of Vana’diel you’ll be told to go to certain areas such as those that were implemented in Wings of the Goddess. However, Rhapsodies of Vana’diel is not an add-on scenario, and it will be provided through a regular version update.

As I’ve heard that PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360 players have been quitting because their discs are not being read and they are unable to play, we are thinking about providing all the necessary data in a version update. Additionally, in the event you have not purchased an expansion such as Seekers of Adoulin, we will be making it possible to play the expansion on the PlayStation 2 by purchasing the Windows version registration code.

Furthermore, for those who are joining us new and playing from the beginning as well as those who have stopped playing since Chains of Promathia, we are planning to hold a discount campaign in May. We'd be thrilled if you rush out to buy everything now, but if you don’t need it right away I suggest you wait for the sale to begin. We’ll be announcing the details on the Goddess’s Gala teaser site that is scheduled to open in the coming days.

(0:31:11~)
Q: It was said that various content with attractive rewards is planned for “Rhapsodies of Vana’diel,” but specifically what kind of rewards are you planning?
A: We may have exaggerated it a bit too much. When talking about rewards people think of it as items, but it could be adjustments to some system restrictions like instead of being able to call out three alter egos, we’d make it possible to summon one or two additional alter egos. Another example would be how players are currently mentioning that the capacity points are hard to earn, so perhaps giving some bonus to that. One of the base concepts for “Rhapsodies of Vana’diel,” is to be able to earn various bonuses by progressing through it.

(0:32:47~)
Q: Regarding job points, do you have any plans to release higher ranks for job points as well as make adjustments so they’re easier to be obtained by the final major update in November?
A: Along with what has been mentioned earlier, we are planning to add the final categories for job points in the May version update. Additionally, we’re planning to increase gifts so that they’ll ultimately be increased to 20 by November’s update. As for easing how they are obtained, from the March version update, players can gain bonuses by completing a specific task from Records of Eminence totaling to a number over 50%. We’ll continue to observe the situation and make adjustments as needed.

(0:34:41~)
Q: Will the quests for obtaining alter egos from ciphers be released in “Rhapsodies of Vana’diel?”
Will new alter egos be introduced in “Rhapsodies of Vana’diel?”
A: We will introduce new alter egos. As for the quest, this is something else and we currently have no plans to release this untold story as a part of “Rhapsodies of Vana’diel.”

(0:35:43~)
Q: In “Rhapsodies of Vana’diel,” will players be able to enter restricted areas that were not available in the past? For example the restricted areas inside the Bastok Mines, the cave up north of Batallia Downs, or the silver spoon in eastern Adoulin.
A: We currently do not have any plans to introduce these areas in “Rhapsodies of Vana’diel.”

(0:37:05~)
Q: Can’t you remake FFXI as a brand-new MMO and continue service?
A: MMORPGs were originally games that were played on PCs; however, we wanted to make this playable on the console and this was what started FFXI. Just like how we challenged ourselves when people voiced their concerns about a FINAL FANTASY MMO, we would like to continue pushing the boundaries of FFXI to release the game for iOS or Android devices in order to expand Vana’diel.

(0:38:58~)
Q: Is there any possibility to release an offline version of the game?
A: We have talked about plans for an offline version several times; however, every time we start looking into the cost it is too high and we end up dropping the plan. We do want to make it available, but it is impossible to make the entire FFXI game something that is playable by one person, so we would have to take away specific parts. For these reasons we currently have no specific projects for this.

(0:41:26~)
Q: Can you please explain to us your plans after the final major version update, such as how long operation will continue for the PC version?
A: We cannot answer how long the operation will continue. At the current stage, we do not have any plans to end, and we would like to continue operation as long as all the players continue to log into Vana’diel. As for the version update intervals, we are thinking about having one every one to three months.

(0:42:45~)
Q: If the player population increases in future, although it’ll be less frequent than now, is there any possibility to change the plans so you will continue releasing major version updates for the PC version?
A: This is difficult. While this would solve the business standpoint, it wouldn't be a solution to the development environment issue. For example, if we’re short on people we can cover this, but because the development environment is in a tight spot, we would be limited when making new content. We would like to come up with something, but we can’t simply say we’ll do it without thinking it through.

(0:44:06~)
Q: Do you have any plans to decrease the amount of time required for content such as mythic weapons?
A: We do not have any plans to make any adjustments that’ll lower the value of weapons such as relic weapons, mythic weapons, and empyrean weapons. However, as I mentioned earlier, we are considering removing restrictions such as instances where you can only challenge content once every three days. We’d like to increase the amount of times you can challenge content. With these changes it should make it easier to obtain these weapons than the current situation. However, we won’t make any adjustments where it’ll suddenly become an item that can be obtained from a login campaign.

(0:46:09~)
Q: With the PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360 versions coming to an end, do you have plans for a transfer campaign to move players from PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360 over to the Windows version?
A: We’re currently distributing the PC version’s client for free, so players playing on PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360 can transfer to the PC version for free. You will be able to play on the PC version once you download the PC software.

(0:47:28~)
Q: Are there plans to merge servers due to the declining player base?
A: At least until the completion of “Rhapsodies of Vana’diel” in November 2015, there are no plans for merging unless something major comes up. After completion, we do have some plans in the event that players are giving feedback about not being able to form parties and more players voicing their requests for server merges. As far as how we’ll merge, we’ll be looking into how to handle this such as merging two Worlds into one World, or transferring players from one World to a World of their choosing.

(0:49:03~)
Q: Will there be any changes to the monthly fee with the end of service for PS2 / Xbox 360 versions?
A: Since it has been run this way for a long time, there are currently no plans to change it.

(0:49:36~)
Q: With service ending for the PlayStation 2 / Xbox 360 versions, what will happen to PlayOnline?
A: The question is a bit unclear, but PlayOnline will continue to operate while the PC version remains. This is because PlayOnline is intertwined with the key systems of FFXI, so FFXI would not be able to run by itself. However, the PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360 versions of PlayOnline will end with the end of service.

(0:50:31~)
Q: What will happen to the forum after the major version updates end?
A: We may revamp some of the categories, but we’ll continue to operate the forums. There won’t be any changes to the basic activities such as players making posts and having comments from Producer Matsui.

(0:51:15~)
Q: Will the official forums also include “FINAL FANTASY Grandmasters” and the native application in the future?
A: No, we're thinking that the titles should be operated separately in a style best suited for each one.

(0:52:08~)
Q: Will “Freshly Picked Vana’diel” continue even after the major version updates for “Rhapsodies of Vana’diel” finish?
A: This all depends. If there are a lot of adjustments or details that are unclear, we’ll put these out as special editions. “Freshly Picked Vana’diel” started off as a public reading of version update information, so we’ll continue to hold them with this goal in mind.

(0:53:19~)
Q: Will we be able to go to the Orc Empire, the Mithra homeland, or to the far-east?
A: In terms of whether or not you’ll be able to go to these locations, you probably won’t be able to, but you should take a close look at the image of the woman with the polearm. I've been told not to say anything further, my apologies. We understand players' desire to go to these lands, so we’ll be putting tons of effort into developing “Rhapsodies of Vana’diel” to try and meet these expectations.

(0:56:10~)
Q: We understand that the native application will be playable on mobile devices, but will it be playable on portable devices such as the PS Vita?
A: While we created a vague idea by saying “mobile devices,” currently the application is being made for iOS and Android. If we’re to consider including as many people as possible, those two choices are the best way to do it so far. But if the environment surrounding FFXI changes and a portable gaming device that can bring the game to more people is released, then we’d look into expanding it further.

(0:57:24~)
Q: Will the native application be a completely separate game from the Windows version of FFXI that will continue even after March 2016?
A: As far as accounts go, this will be a separate game, but it will be the same game in the sense that it continues the enjoyment of FFXI. What we’d like to clear up is that the native application won’t take over the current FFXI operations, but Square Enix will continue to operate and manage the current FFXI, and the native application will be developed as a new FFXI.

As far as content goes, even with the sheer volume of playable content in FFXI we won't be able to discuss this too concretely, but we think we won't start service with a lot of content lined up. We want to try and get this out to customers as fast as possible, and while it'll take some time, we'll eventually implement a good deal of content. There will definitely be restrictions on content and jobs at the start, such as only implementing up to Chains of Promathia. There are possibilities for expansive content exclusive to the native application as well. Players will eventually be able to play Rhapsodies of Vana’diel, so we'll be putting in a ton of effort to try and match or even surpass the PC version.

(1:01:25~)
Q: Is the FFXI development team going to be involved with the development of the native application as well?
A: Basically, they will take part in ways that make the game "FFXI-like" such as planning, how the game works, lore, and editorial supervision.

(1:02:23~)
Q: What kind of payment method are you planning for the native application?
A: We're not at the point where we can answer that question yet. We would like to have as many people play as possible, so we believe it will be a system that will allow players to participate with ease. You could say that it depends on the business environment at the time of launch. For example, when considering that a method of payment is unimaginable at the stage we're currently at might be proposed, it is not possible to make a conclusive decision.

(1:03:42~)
Q: Are there any plans to release official art, resource books, or a CD set compilation of all the songs?
A: At this current point in time, there are no specific plans. The details are fairly vague, but we would like to release various items. If there are any specific requests for things that players would like to have, it would be possible for a plan based on those requests to be devised. If players have any such requests, please let us know. Furthermore, we're not yet at a stage where we can speak openly about it, but there are already a few projects underway.

(1:04:53~)
Q: Will there be other projects besides the ones that have been announced?
A: This announcement was not to forcibly push everything Vana'diel out, but to show the power of what we built up together in 14 years from the start of service that led to collaborating with Crooz and NEXON. We anticipate it'll continue like this in the future as well. As previously mentioned, the development teams are working away at new projects, and we'd also like to continue spreading Vana'diel as well, so please look forward to that in the future.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 201 202 203