Game: FFXI
user: Keido
By Phoenix.Keido 2016-02-04 14:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Loading times: boo
Having to fix organizer again: boo

More space: yay, but who the hell is using 240 inventory slots

One job masters that have everything for every situation. They literally have the Kitchen Sink.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-04 14:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that a challenge?
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2016-02-04 15:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I just focus on 3 jobs at the moment, and never have any free inventory space. (maybe 5 slots open max at any point in time)
sch, blu, bst
Sch has MB set, MB MP return set, nuking set, enfeebling set, cure set, regen set.
Bst has ready set, physical set, magical set, idle set.
Blu has magical set, physical spell set, TP set, ws sets, idle set. (Thank you SE for separating BLU & SCH nuking sets .. so now now they take twice the inv space...).
I'm sure I'm forgetting another 5-6 sets like -DT sets for each job etc.
Also carrying around pop items for the various NMs - thats around 40 slots.
The new space is welcomed.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-02-04 15:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Keido said: »

One job masters that have everything for every situation. They literally have the Kitchen Sink.
Forget the kitchen sink, some people bring the whole kitchen!
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-02-04 15:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I have one of those! And I get nothing but Pea Soup from it. :S
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-02-04 16:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
then don't be a potato and cast paralyna before sacrifice, this isn't a hard concept

Yes, you can cast Paralyna before Sacrifice. That's not the problem with Sac. The real problem is when you pick up multiple eraseables along with potent Slow.

Erase is what's screwed up, really. There needs to be an Erase 2 that removes 2-3 erasables. That should have been WHM's JP gift, with a 2nd gift that gives a spell to cure Amnesia. As it is, WHM's gifts are garbage.

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
At least WHM doesn't have to support a huge group of whiny DDs anymore now that melee DD jobs are shunned from content. And if they aren't shunned, there's usually only room for 1 or 2 as 3 DDs will end up WSing over each other and drop in SC damage.

I'm kind of glad it's turned to mage-only... Fewer pompous DDs screaming for erase/na spells instead.

That's the good side, but on the other hand XI has become extremely boring, as someone who played both white mage and melee, depending on content. Now I can't melee, and on white mage you had better have some coffee, because healing just a tank in many fights gets boring. WHM is mainly a trust job now. Gear requirements are basically nil, skill requirements are low, and it's not like there's a plethora of workable healing classes to switch to like in other MMOs.
[+]
By Takisan 2016-02-04 16:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
I must say buffs have made the game too easy especially on blu stick Erratic Flutter and mighty guard up and you are pretty much set. Then you get berserk with no def- and an insane level of job traits thanks to JPs for a small amount of spells... it is rather stupid to have 2k+ attack and defense solo.

If you put in the work to get all those JPs and hunt all those spells and gather all types of gear for nuking, ws, tp, macc, healing, acc, dual wield, pdt, mdt, blu skill, and skill up all relevant skills for blu and set up a gearswap lua for blu then yes...with good knowledge of your capabilities you are and should be a force to be reckoned with. It makes some content doable solo with trusts but it does not make the game too easy. Talk to any experienced blu in "The beast within" forum and there are plenty of fights that even Tizona 119 Magus Master Top tier armored blus can't pass with trusts.

I was doing 135 unms with trusts on blu in alluvion skirmish gear and killing them in about 2-3mins 5mins on some of the more annoying ones can't remember the names though.

You don't sound very credible right now if you can't even remember the names of the 135 UNMs, let alone claiming you can beast them solo with squishy trusts on blu in lolskirmish gear in 2-5 mins.

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
pls double check yourself before making yourself sound silly
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2016-02-04 16:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone that is serious about sch.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-04 16:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Takisan said: »
I must say buffs have made the game too easy especially on blu stick Erratic Flutter and mighty guard up and you are pretty much set. Then you get berserk with no def- and an insane level of job traits thanks to JPs for a small amount of spells... it is rather stupid to have 2k+ attack and defense solo.

If you put in the work to get all those JPs and hunt all those spells and gather all types of gear for nuking, ws, tp, macc, healing, acc, dual wield, pdt, mdt, blu skill, and skill up all relevant skills for blu and set up a gearswap lua for blu then yes...with good knowledge of your capabilities you are and should be a force to be reckoned with. It makes some content doable solo with trusts but it does not make the game too easy. Talk to any experienced blu in "The beast within" forum and there are plenty of fights that even Tizona 119 Magus Master Top tier armored blus can't pass with trusts.

I was doing 135 unms with trusts on blu in alluvion skirmish gear and killing them in about 2-3mins 5mins on some of the more annoying ones can't remember the names though.

You don't sound very credible right now if you can't even remember the names of the 135 UNMs, let alone claiming you can beast them solo with squishy trusts on blu in lolskirmish gear in 2-5 mins.

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
pls double check yourself before making yourself sound silly

Some 125 unm are soloable in 2-5 min with trusts though, may be a typo if not trolling? 135 and 125 aren't too different when you type!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-04 18:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Damn. They're looking at a 3rd and 4th Wardrobe too. Not bad. I'd be happy with them just changing the case and satchel into areas we can equip from.

Yep no more "PS2 limitations" on system memory so they can start adding this kind of stuff.

Ya bra, I accidentally spawned some Warder of Courage mob on ny first day back in sparks gear and it died in like 4 WS. ***'s too easy. Not shocked to hear you PWNXZ0Ring 135 UNMs in Skirmish gear.

Dude this happened to me too, but I didn't have to even engage, it just looked me and died from sheer terror.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-04 19:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
then don't be a potato and cast paralyna before sacrifice, this isn't a hard concept

Yes, you can cast Paralyna before Sacrifice. That's not the problem with Sac. The real problem is when you pick up multiple eraseables along with potent Slow.

hello pls panacea exists. either the whm or dd can use it, there is literally alternatives to everything.

damage taken/debuffs received isn't even the issues with DDs, it's dispels on songs/rolls and the acc requirements being way too high right now. vex, attune, wilt, and to a lesser extent barrier are all really powerful. yagrush WHM paired with divine caress and vex/attune almost never has to cast ***
[+]
By Draylo 2016-02-04 19:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I agree, dispel and acc is a bigger issue.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-04 19:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

hello pls panacea exists. either the whm or dd can use it, there is literally alternatives to everything.

Those are really really REALLY expensive to make. 200K a stack on Asura, that's more expensive then food.

Each synth requires a Philosopher's Stone and makes 4 panaceas. One stack of Philosopher's Stone costs 240K and they are hard to get in large quantities, typically as singles in voidwatch chests and so forth. I keep a stack on me at all times for emergencies, but asking people to use them as a primary source of status removal is beyond stupid. Remedies and Holy waters are pretty cheap to get so those are understandable, but not Panaceas.

Quote:
Alchemy (98)

Light Crystal
Philosopher's Stone x1
Mercury x1
Sulfur x1
Rock Salt x1

On the topic of WHM, I've been saying for years they need Erase II and Erasega. Erase II should remove a number of status debuffs based on healing skill. Yagrush should be updated so that it's aoe effect has the possibility of removing multiple-status debuffs and restoring HP based on the number of debuffs removed. Also lower Curaga III to level 49 and make the LA effect on Regen work from /SCH but at the sub level of potency.

That should end game healing such that multiple jobs can do the job but in different ways. RDM gets Haste II and Refresh III but would have to choose between /SCH and /WHM and stuck with sub level status removals. SCH keeps it's powerful regen spells but has to choose between /WHM and /RDM while WHM keeps it's godly AoE healing and gets ST and MT multiple level status removals. RDM, SCH and WHM could main heal but with different strategic concerns. Also give RDM Dispel II, which can remove multiple buffs based on enfeebling magic skill.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-04 20:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Panacea are sold by the Curio Moogle for 20k each
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-04 20:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Panacea are sold by the Curio Moogle for 20k each

You realize that puts it OVER the AH price right...

From moogle = 240K / stack
AH = 200K / stack.

That's why I mentioned how annoying it was to get P. stones
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-04 20:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. Stop complaining.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-04 20:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow you troll a lot. Looked over your history and it's just you pissing on everyone else whenever possible.

*Click* problem solved.
By Ulthakptah 2016-02-04 20:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

As an Alchemist I hoard philosopher stones, so it isn't that much of a problem for me, but it isn't a profitable synth. Not to mention that since no one does melee anymore there isn't demand so would probably just lose money on AH fees before having them mailed back to me.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-04 20:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, clearly I'm trolling. People are whining about debuffs being problematic so I give a reasonable solution and suddenly I'm trolling. I never once anywhere said SPAM PANACEA ALL THE TIME SUCK LESS LOL XD LMAO????? If you're really crippled by *THAT* many debuffs there is nothing stopping you from occasionally popping a panacea to help your WHM. This has been a concept since before-Legion. 240k for a stack is not a whole lot in a world of 100k sparks cap, if you don't want to put in the effort to make your life easier then I guess you don't deserve to progress as a melee? I don't know what the *** you want me to tell you
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-04 20:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
As an Alchemist I hoard philosopher stones, so it isn't that much of a problem for me, but it isn't a profitable synth

I do too, got stacks of em on my mule for when I need to make my own. On Asura it's a profitable synth but Panacea's just don't sell fast enough quantity to justify making then in bulk. Instead I'll just synth up a stack or two at a time on my mule and send it over to my main whenever I start running low. And it's because I keep my eyes peeled for those stones that I know how annoying they can get in large enough quantities to use as a primary form of erase. One panacea will remove all erasable status ailments, it's like a remedy of sorts, they are just too damn expensive to be using on fights where the boss's spam aoe debuffs. Useful for emergencies but that's it.
By Draylo 2016-02-04 20:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

240k isn't really expensive for what it provides. I keep a stack on me at all times like my other meds.
[+]
 Asura.Akildas
user: akildas
By Asura.Akildas 2016-02-04 20:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If your a melee hell even a mage and dont have multiple types of food depending on need acc, att, mp, int etc or have echos, holy water, remedy, eye drops, antidote, panacea etc on you at all times your prolly not a player people strive to do events with. I suck but i can atleast not be an mp sink for the healer constantly whining silenced or paralyzed etc
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-04 20:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
240k isn't really expensive for what it provides

20K per use. How many times per fight do you need Erase? Would you be pissing away 20K every time on every fight? How many fights per day would you be using them? How many days per week are you doing those fights? Tabulated over time, what would the maintenance cost be and what else could be done with that gil? You are talking burning a few stacks per session of NMs with how much they do AoEs (assuming melee DD). Or the healer can just cast a cheap low level spell, costing them zero gil in the process. Echo's, remedies, holy waters, and antidotes are all cheap to mass produce and cost effective to spam. Panaceas are an order of magnitude more expensive and would need to be spammed just as often.

So yes it's absurdly expensive to rely on as a primary source of erase. It's fine for emergencies, though to be honest if the DD need to use them the fight is probably already lost. For mages they are invaluable, getting hit with a random set of status ailments due to error in positioning can cause a wipe, so pop a panacea and try not to make the same mistake again.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-04 21:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akildas said: »
If your a melee hell even a mage and dont have multiple types of food depending on need acc, att, mp, int etc or have echos, holy water, remedy, eye drops, antidote, panacea etc on you at all times your prolly not a player people strive to do events with. I suck but i can atleast not be an mp sink for the healer constantly whining silenced or paralyzed etc

Read what I wrote.

All that stuff is fine except Pancea's. As you are a crafter who knows how to eyeball for profit, you should know what a few million or more per week thrown in the Ocean can mean in the long run.

Hell using the aforementioned logic just drop the healer entirely, waste of a slot, and just have people use Potions and Elixirs to cure HP. Why even bring the healer if they aren't going to cast restorative magic. That is another slot for a BRD, COR or GEO who will actually use their magic.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-04 21:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

*** me
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-02-04 21:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Draylo said: »
240k isn't really expensive for what it provides

20K per use. How many times per fight do you need Erase? Would you be pissing away 20K every time on every fight? How many fights per day would you be using them? How many days per week are you doing those fights? Tabulated over time, what would the maintenance cost be and what else could be done with that gil? You are talking burning a few stacks per session of NMs with how much they do AoEs (assuming melee DD). Or the healer can just cast a cheap low level spell, costing them zero gil in the process. Echo's, remedies, holy waters, and antidotes are all cheap to mass produce and cost effective to spam. Panaceas are an order of magnitude more expensive and would need to be spammed just as often.

So yes it's absurdly expensive to rely on as a primary source of erase. It's fine for emergencies, though to be honest if the DD need to use them the fight is probably already lost. For mages they are invaluable, getting hit with a random set of status ailments due to error in positioning can cause a wipe, so pop a panacea and try not to make the same mistake again.

Don't really need to panacea every little debuff, just things like Impact or Slow. And if you're BLU or DNC, you've got a handy self-erase on hand for single debuffs.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-02-04 21:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Takisan said: »

Naw bro he's right I beat 135 UNMs and Reisen HELM mobs all the time on my lv84 DRK with relic armor and 5x DD trusts (OK I use a BRD sometime too). Takes like 9min cause I still need to finish capping my axe skill LOL so lazy. This gaem too easy mode.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-04 22:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't really need to panacea every little debuff, just things like Impact or Slow. And if you're BLU or DNC, you've got a handy self-erase on hand for single debuffs.

They are arguing to use it for every erasable debuff.

Mostly it was the troll doing his thing and screwing with people about how overloaded the status debuffs are right now. High end content puts out insane numbers of aoe status debuffs, over three to five at a time. He decided to chime in with "but you have panaceas!" much the same way people say "you have echo's / remedies", but without realizing the astronomical cost of using them. After I pointed that out he had to stick with his line and so doubled down as though he's willing to blow millions per day to avoid having the WHM cast erase. Akildas jumped in without reading the context and thought it was about people not bringing appropriate meds with them.

Essentially they are all arguing that WHM's shouldn't cast -na's (remedy) or erase (panacea) because there are meds for that. Which I would answer at that point to just dump the WHM entirely and use meds or a trust healer. After all if the WHM is only going to cast Cure then why even bother with a real one who will want a share of drops and raise's the NM's HP.

Status ailment removal spells exist and should be utilized. Medicines are for emergency use when the healer is overloaded during a critical moment of the fight, this is the reason I keep a pharmacy on me at all times. Using meds lowers your DPS, which is the entire job of melee in the first place. Sometimes it can't be helped, but asking the melee's to nerf themselves so that the healer doesn't have to do their job, that's just dumb on a whole new level. Slow is one of the most damage crippling and over used debuff in the game, it needs to be removed ASAP and haste reapplied. Any healer that doesn't use status removals should be dropped immediately and replaced with a more competent one.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-02-04 22:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ok
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 201 202 203