Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-03 12:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Osterburg said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
You're only looking at this positively because ppl can finish content faster. I think it's bad for the game in the long run especially with slower update now.

It's their business strategy if you ask me. Get people through the content so they quit then have the excuse of not enough players to merit keeping servers up. Euthanize the project while losing as few fans as possible. Because y'know, if a project isn't 1k+% profit it's a money sink and a waste of resources or some ***for greedy *** corporations.

The bulk of the game is building rmeas and besides very little people including me have beaten everything

Most of the good melee player with reisenjima lv of gear probably haven't beat everything*, but they can probably solo T1 T2 in 2 min and kill SR NM in 30 sec if they use correct gear sets.

Or kill ilv 135 unm like behemoth in around 2 min.

Or solo older content killing everything in 30 sec. I do delve 2 regularly, most NM can't even survive more than 3 WS.

Basically that's 98% of content can be cleared in 2 min or less, leaving only 2% of content that isn't just killing fodder level of mob.

Atm player power is just way too strong for most of the melee content if you ask me, and it still goes up every update, even though our gear stats don't change that much....

I don't think a mmo with 98% of content that's killing fodder is a good thing.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-03 12:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You're only looking at this positively because ppl can finish content faster. I think it's bad for the game in the long run especially with slower update now.

It's their business strategy if you ask me. Get people through the content so they quit then have the excuse of not enough players to merit keeping servers up. Euthanize the project while losing as few fans as possible. Because y'know, if a project isn't 1k+% profit it's a money sink and a waste of resources or some ***for greedy *** corporations.

The bulk of the game is building rmeas and besides very little people including me have beaten everything

Most of the good melee player with reisenjima lv of gear probably haven't beat everything*, but they can probably solo T1 T2 in 2 min and kill SR NM in 30 sec if they use correct gear sets.

Or solo older content killing everything in 30 sec. I do delve 2 regularly, most NM can't even survive more than 3 WS.

Basically that's 98% of content can be cleared in 2 min or less, leaving only 2% of content that isn't just killing fodder level of mob.

Atm player power is just way too strong for most of the melee content if you ask me, and it still goes up every update, even though our gear stats don't change that much....

I talked about this. Not everyone have your gears or your skills. And they have balanced the game where for players like you there's T3 reisenjima and T4.

I don't think I can solo T2. And I'm 2100 blue Mage with close to max gears. Any assistances on damage buffs will be appreciated for players like me.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-03 13:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I talked about this. Not everyone have your gears or your skills. And they have balanced the game where for players like you there's T3 reisenjima and T4.

I don't think I can solo T2. And I'm 2100 blue Mage with close to max gears. Any assistances on damage buffs will be appreciated for players like me.

You're over exaggerating everything and didn't get my point. My gear is the same as most escha endgame player, which is NQ abj stuff. It's probably the same as yours. You don't need super skill to solo low tier NM unless you don't use trusts, August will tank and apururu will heal. All you need to do is engage and ws.

I see random blus and bst solo NM in escha all the time, I guess they're all some kind of super elite player with 5 aeonics.

If you don't have NQ abj lv of gears and have been wearing pre escha gears, then you should be climbing the gear ladder starting from zitah. That's the point of mmo gear progression.

Right now you're asking dev to give free buffs to players so they can jump into reisenjima lv of content directly without climbing the gear ladder, which just kills the longevity of this game.

T4 is like 2% of content in this game. What about remaining 98% of content?

I would appreciate* dmg buff too, since I would benefit from it. But I also know it would just kill the longevity of this game.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-02-03 13:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You're over exaggerating everything and didn't get my point. My gear is the same as most escha endgame player, which is NQ abj stuff. It's probably the same as yours. You don't need super skill to solo low tier NM unless you don't use trusts, August will tank and apururu will heal. All you need to do is engage and ws.

If you don't have NQ abj lv of gears and have been wearing pre escha gears, then you should be climbing the gear ladder starting from zitah. That's the point of mmo gear progression.

Right now you're asking dev to give free buffs to players so they can jump into reisenjima lv of content directly without climbing the gear ladder, which just kills the longevity of this game.

T4 is like 2% of content in this game. What about remaining 98% of content?

I'm seeing this trend more and more these days. Folks who shunned end-game participation for 6 months to a year, soloed and did their own thing. Now they want top level NM clears without having worked on the progression of gear leading up to that point, as you put it.

It's mildly frustrating to say the least.

You can help someone get some clears and gear, but you can't hold their hand on building a mythic or other vital pieces of gear. That is their responsibility - and many these days take the low road yet still want the content experience.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-03 14:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania we almost have the same gear but I'm just not as good as you. Thus I'll take the buff. And hopefully can finally try and beat some T3 reisenjima by meleeing with trusts with 1 or 2 friends.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-02-03 14:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

An awful lot of Q_Q over melee dmg being buffed when

A. No idea by how much
B. Still going to be a mage fest.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-03 15:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Still going to be a mage fest.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Unless SC/MB mechanics get scaled back slightly (something like a 1.25x (semi-arbitrary number) base MB multiplier, +0.05 for each additional level in the final skillchain. level 2 is 1.3, light/dark 1.35, double light 1.4, ultimate 1.45), high clvl mob stats become not completely ridiculous, and mob mechanics/TP moves are adjusted such that they don't simply AoE everything with a side of ***-you debuffs at the slightest provocation, SCH BLM GEO is the go-to core for anything that matters. It's fast, it's safe, it's easy, it works.

If they do nerf all those things then we'll probably go back to using BST anyway, melee DDs still lose.

The intent behind SC/MB adjustments was clearly to revive the concept of 1-2 DDs and a mage backline working in tandem, but the combination of shitty mob mechanics, SCH skillchains being "good enough" (and Immanence existing in a world of 33 second strat charges), and the additional maintenance cost (differing buffs, heals) of bringing in DDs works against the frontline portion of that equation. If you're just playing to win, there's really not much reason to bother. In some cases it's arguably counterproductive.

Instead they're doing an unknown something to melee damage. Buffs, probably. That's the theme these days. If it works, melee DDs will get their turn at facerolling content. Maybe. Otherwise it won't matter at all.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-02-03 16:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys were supposed to be positive before the update and negative after, not negative before and negative after.

It is likely true that mages will still be the go to for most Escha content, but that is because the majority of the player base is too lazy to change and don't wanna figure out the mechanics of each fight.

It's a double edged sword imo, on 1 hand I would like to see phys DD's play more of a role, on the other hand I don't wanna see content any easier than it already is. The people that want this game to be easier are the same people that pay for merc's and buy gil (in most cases) Or just plan suck.

In my opinion DD's need a better way to deal with the massive amounts of debuff's. We don't have the inv to carry around 9999 items to resist every debuff and farm amnesia rings, only to have SC's interrupted. Unless blm's and sch's role is to stun again instead of nuke max damage.... To me this looks like a big fat win for the rng's, and if all phys damage gets buffed guess what; bst's and blu's will too. But it's really too early to tell.

Major acc boost to Violent flourish {can I has it}
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-03 16:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Titanfoo said: »
Guys were supposed to be positive before the update and negative after, not negative before and negative after.

It is likely true that mages will still be the go to for most Escha content, but that is because the majority of the player base is too lazy to change and don't wanna figure out the mechanics of each fight.

It's a double edged sword imo, on 1 hand I would like to see phys DD's play more of a role, on the other hand I don't wanna see content any easier than it already is. The people that want this game to be easier are the same people that pay for merc's and buy gil (in most cases) Or just plan suck.

In my opinion DD's need a better way to deal with the massive amounts of debuff's. We don't have the inv to carry around 9999 items to resist every debuff and farm amnesia rings, only to have SC's interrupted. Unless blm's and sch's role is to stun again instead of nuke max damage.... To me this looks like a big fat win for the rng's, and if all phys damage gets buffed guess what; bst's and blu's will too. But it's really too early to tell.

Yea I sux cause I can only low man or hope to low man T3 reisenjima with trusts after we get a melee boost.
 Asura.Bryangelos
By Asura.Bryangelos 2016-02-03 17:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I sux cause I can only low man or hope to low man T3 reisenjima with trusts after we get a melee boost.

Enough with the boo hoo i can't duo T3 Reisenjima. Its some of the hardest content in the game and no one is using trusts to solo or duo it.
[+]
By Hannahmontana 2016-02-03 17:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i dunno ive look at all these updates post dec and havent seen anything making me want to come back more breaking of jobs then helping them
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-02-03 17:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bryangelos said: »

Enough with the boo hoo i can't duo T3 Reisenjima. Its some of the hardest content in the game and no one is using trusts to solo or duo it.

U made yourself look really smart lol

If u actually pay attention there's an adjustment to melee damage and depending on damage u might be able to low man it (3-4 people)
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-02-03 18:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Still going to be a mage fest.
Instead they're doing an unknown something to melee damage. Buffs, probably. That's the theme these days. If it works, melee DDs will get their turn at facerolling content. Maybe. Otherwise it won't matter at all.

How many years were we melee zerging end game content again?

It's hardly been a year and they want their turn? Sit down and keep that bench warm for a little longer, hold tight. There are a handful fights where they are still useful anyway.

I welcome SCMB setups, it's been glorious. Immanence as a replacement for melee is by far more productive, as you said there's no need for additional buffs and curing.

Give these poor little melee all the accuracy, all the capped pdif, and all the ddex. Let's make AM3 last 5 minutes while we're at it.

I still don't see them coming close to death volleys.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-03 18:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
I welcome SCMB setups, it's been glorious. Immanence as a replacement for melee is by far more productive, as you said there's no need for additional buffs and curing.

I feel Immanence needs a nerf, either make the MB effect not as strong or makes it take 2 strategems per use. It wasn't supposed to completely replace melee's as a component of strategy. Then again it's become necessary as 135+ NM"s are completely ridiculous with their damage output + status ailments.

I don't like it when any particular strategy becomes mandatory for all high level content. It should be varied with different boss's favoring different setups. Possibly SE make is so that certain NM's, when hit with a MB for over a specific amount, go rage and hit everyone nearby for 99,999 damage. Only certain ones though, not as a general purpose mechanic.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-02-03 19:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not mandatory for all high level content. Lately I read even Maju was downed by melee properly positioning themselves to avoid a particular TP move. Last I checked Maju is 145.

Suggesting to nerf Immanence would be counter productive. It would require more healing and another set of buffs, if it would work at all. Besides that, melee would possibly be inferior to using a BST for skillchains. Why bring melee? Just bring a BST or two.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-03 19:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hardly been a year and they want their turn? Sit down and keep that bench warm for a little longer, hold tight.
So you ignored everything I said before that and seriously think I'm looking forward to yet another round of SE's merry-go-round balancing...?

I like SC/MB as a concept. Cooperative mechanics are a good thing, and while it doesn't solve balance issues between the various DDs it does make them slightly less significant. The problem is that we have a mediocre implementation complicated by content that is extremely melee-unfriendly. The result is that half the jobs in the game struggle to find a place in endgame content and are completely shut out of top level content in the process. I don't care which jobs are in or out, that is not okay.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-03 19:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not mandatory for all high level content. Lately I read even Maju was downed by melee properly positioning themselves to avoid a particular TP move. Last I checked Maju is 145

It most certainly is mandatory. Super elite groups who want to do things the hard way can eek out a Maju win by throwing every accuracy buff imaginable at it, Melee on Neak or the Tree is pretty much impossible, much less on the T4's, Kirin or WoC. We've looked at doing melee's on some of the T3's just as a change of pace, and when we got down to the components, it was so much work for less return that it's just not worth it.

To be honest the thing that needs modified the most is NM's stupid damage output. If 135+ content didn't have so powerful ***-you AoE's nor as stupidly high evasion, then groups could viable use melee. BLM MB's would still be faster / cleaner, but melee setups wouldn't be a hopelessly lost cause.
By Ruaumoko 2016-02-03 19:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreeing with what has been said by a few posters above in that DD strategies to fights are just so stupidly counter productive they're not even worth trying.

The problem is all of the following, in summary.
- Lv135+ NM have absolutely stupid evasion which means DD need to have every Accuracy Bonus buff in the game as well as Geo-Torpor powered up to even have a semi-decent hit-rate on the target. We're talking Crooked Hunter's Roll, Saboteur Distract III, Soul Voice Madrigals, and Indi-Precision/Geo-Torpor.

- Lv135+ NM also tend to have massive HP and Defense, so you better kill the NM in 5-6 minutes before all those buffs start falling off. Chances are you wont.

- Lv135+ NM tend to have TP moves with added effect Dispel on them, sometimes a full dispel. Which means your entire strategy is *** in one TP move it's almost certain to use.

- Lv135+ NM hit stupidly hard, but your entire buff spectrum is dedicated to Accuracy and Evasion Down, oh well.

- Having multiple melee in range is also a massive strain on the party's healer.

I mean, why go through all of the above when you can simple have one tank in range with a healer supporting them, have two Geomancer handle Magic Accuracy/Evasion and MaB/MDEF, cap the entire party on Haste for recasts, and just have a Scholar create constant skillchains to burn a target down with very little risk of death?

It's a no god damn brainer and I wish to god they'd fix it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-02-03 19:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hardly been a year and they want their turn? Sit down and keep that bench warm for a little longer, hold tight.
So you ignored everything I said before that and seriously think I'm looking forward to yet another round of SE's merry-go-round balancing...?

I like SC/MB as a concept. Cooperative mechanics are a good thing, and while it doesn't solve balance issues between the various DDs it does make them slightly less significant. The problem is that we have a mediocre implementation complicated by content that is extremely melee-unfriendly. The result is that half the jobs in the game struggle to find a place in endgame content and are completely shut out of top level content in the process. I don't care which jobs are in or out, that is not okay.

What game have you guys been playing? Mage DD have been shut out of this game for years.
By Ruaumoko 2016-02-03 20:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What game have you guys been playing? Mage DD have been shut out of this game for years.

Mage DD were shut out for years? Did you ever do endgame at Lv75 cap? Did you completely skip Abyssea, Voidwatch, Delve, and Vagary?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-02-03 20:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I'm sorry, were BLM Magic Bursting in Abyssea, VW, and Delve?

No - they were proc ***, stun ***, and wait wut, people brought BLM to Delve?

Vagary is more or less when the new SCMB tirade began. Nice try though.

Half the jobs in the game have been mediocre contributors to end game strategies. It's always been that way. Magic Bursts and magic in general have been extremely side-lined, more than ANY other strategy involved in end game events until now. The last time melee and magic worked in tandem was probably a certain point in time with the 3 Kings.

The current method is more reclusive and job dependent than ever, I'll agree there. But there's got to be a reason why.

I understand how content has become extremely unfriendly for DD. If it wasn't, we'd just faceroll everything with them again and BLM, SCH, and SMN would sit on the shelf. Or as previously stated in this thread, be used as "Stun only" for certain strategies. Why would we need to Stun anything if DD can faceroll it?

Here we find ourselves again, with the game never have been able to let all jobs participate equally.

Would you really go out of your way to bring a GEO/BLM/SCH/SMN setup to shave off 5 minutes of each fight? I sincerely doubt it. It'd just be another RNG fest or a superbuffed SAM destroying the mob, such as Sovereign Behemoth.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-02-03 21:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have always found a way to enjoy this game throughout all the bandwagons and jobs being excluded from events.

It's been a wild ride with DRK. From being excluded from end game before Kraken Clubs and Ridills were common among NA, until Abyssea came out where Ukko's and Smite were on top. Then another stint with VW/Legion/ADL until Vagary was released, Incursion being one of the last I was able to bring DRK to.

Yet I've always gone out of my way to level another job to help contribute to my team.

Why is that such a difficult concept?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-02-03 21:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have always found a way to enjoy this game throughout all the bandwagons and jobs being excluded from events.

It's been a wild ride with DRK. From being excluded from end game before Kraken Clubs and Ridills were common among NA, until Abyssea came out where Ukko's and Smite were on top. Then another stint with VW/Legion/ADL until Vagary was released, Incursion being one of the last I was able to bring DRK to.

Yet I've always gone out of my way to level another job to help contribute to my team.

That's such a lame way to think of things "oh in 200x you was bandwagon blah blah blah" Its 2016 now... Drk is near useless unless pimped out and a ton of other jobs as well in about 90% of content that drops BIS gear and your here with that doo doo excuse. Job balance is one thing SE sucks at and still sucks at and needs to work on.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2016-02-03 21:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The fundamental problem facing melee jobs is that they require dedicated support. An issue compounded by the way nm hp scales with party size in high-level content.

Fewer, more self-sufficient contributors for the win, has been the smart approach for a long while now.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-02-03 22:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

That's such a lame way to think of things "oh in 200x you was bandwagon blah blah blah" Its 2016 now... Drk is near useless unless pimped out and a ton of other jobs as well in about 90% of content that drops BIS gear and your here with that doo doo excuse. Job balance is one thing SE sucks at and still sucks at and needs to work on.

SE is very good at balancing the game. BLM finally saw daylight after 20 years of being sleepga, proc and stun ***.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-03 23:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not balance <.<
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 23:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Fewer, more self-sufficient contributors for the win, has been the smart approach for a long while now.

That has been the smart approach for just about a decade now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-02-03 23:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're so upset by today's standards, there's an official forum you can complain on.

Enjoy being miserable, I'm going to go 4-step with DRK after this Reisenjima event.
By Draylo 2016-02-03 23:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The update is on Jan 10th, we have some time!
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2016-02-04 00:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot to flip the calendar page, darlin'.
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 201 202 203