Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 201 202 203
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-10-16 13:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Any word yet as to what the final Escha zone will be?

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
SE needs to allow Accession > Haste already, so my 10+ minute Haste is also AoE.

That's summoner's thing, though. That's not likely to happen.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/47747-Haste-Accession?p=555748#post555748

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-16 13:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
Version Update (10/16/2015)

A new, content-packed version update is set to land early this November!

Along with the concluding chapter to Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, the November version update will conclude the Seekers of Adoulin "Vegetable Vegetable Revolution" quest series.

That's not all! Fearsome notorious monsters await in Geas Fete, Wanted battles, and Domain Invasion, each guarding a horde of resplendent spoils. Rank 7 monster rearing will also be introduced along with a hefty expansion to job points and gifts -- a veritable cornucopia of improvements and additions!

It's in early nov so I wonder if this is THE last major update? It doesn't say last update tho. So maybe they will have another last update end of November?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-10-16 13:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect the final escha zone will be Iroha's home, I forget what it was called, they already mentioned it in the quests, began with an 'R'.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-10-16 14:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

>_>;

It's pretty obvious that it's Reisenjima.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-10-16 14:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Look to the right picture. I see Cerberus. I'm thinking we are getting ToAU HNMs as RoE Wanted NMs. 119 Hauts, Owleyes, and Algols!
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-10-16 14:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Chyula said: »
Bahamut.Enkidou said: »
Titanfoo said: »
I can 1-shot 15 IT mobs with ease on blu, and my blu sucks.

This is exactly why SE need to unnerf SAM.

All 2-handers need a buff. Hell, if S-E even went back to the old 1:1 STR/DEX: ATK/ACC ratio, that would be a great start towards fixing our accuracy issues.

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Titanfoo said: »
Bst is fine the way it is. If anything needs changed it's blu's AOE damage. I can 1-shot 15 IT mobs with ease on blu, and my blu sucks. I would rather other jobs are just made stronger, but instead SE is paying attention to inferior players that can't stop crying on the official forums. Blu's know they've gotten lucky, between Subduction and Specrtal Floe... Magic Hammer really? If you can't be strong on Blu it's time to play another game.

I been defending bst n now defending blue. Only way to one shot mass mobs is with burst affinity and even then some mobs might still have a sliver amount of life left so ur gear must be pretty good to be able to one shot 15 IT mobs. It takes good players to play blue good. Not mediocre player so ur opinions is a little wrong.

Even if only 20% of blue mages can perform at that level, it's still a bit unbalanced. There's no reason why one job should be able to do well in so many roles. BLU needs either an across-the-board nerf or a heavier nerf to a single facet of the job. A nerf to CDC might be a good start, or a nerf to their cleaving spells.

BLU being able to one-shot fodder mobs isn't really a problem. And as nice as the Spectral Floe/Tenebral Crush line of spells is, they're limited on endgame content due to short cast ranges and they can only be used in magic bursts if Burst Affinity is up. Further, BLU has very few single target nukes, so on something like Pakecet, you're not going to be nuking if you don't want to get fustigated by his adds. They're certainly very good spells, but they're not perfect. BLU also needs to spend a lot of MP on defensive measures quite often.

I think the job is in a very good place right now, albeit a bit unpopular with non-BLUs (seems like everything is some combination SAM, PLD, GEO, SCH, COR, BRD, BLM and WHMs).

The bigger problem with the game at this point of time is that nearly half of the jobs in this game are either down to a single niche, or flat-out unneeded and unwanted for any serious endgame content.
 Carbuncle.Tronsy
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tronsy
By Carbuncle.Tronsy 2015-10-16 14:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Look to the right picture. I see Cerberus. I'm thinking we are getting ToAU HNMs as RoE Wanted NMs. 119 Hauts, Owleyes, and Algols!

Hurray for more stuff!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-16 14:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Judging by the black magic from Cerberus, I'd guess then that they'll be Unity dudes styled after ZNMs? Wonder if we'll get Ixion and Sandworm too.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-10-17 03:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just give me the rest of the absorbs and increase potency based on Dark Magic level not by main level.
[+]
 Odin.Brahk
Server: Odin
user: Brahk
By Odin.Brahk 2015-10-19 07:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48909

[dev1290] Explore Reisenjima and Experience the Final Chapter of Rhapsodies of Vana'd

The final chapter of Rhapsodies of Vana'diel will be added.
The fate of millions hangs in the balance as Vana'diel and her heroes confront the greatest peril that history ever dared to record.

New Rhapsodies will be added.
Players progressing through the final chapter of Rhapsodies of Vana'diel will gain access to new rhapsodies and all their powerful benefits.

A new area, Reisenjima, will be added.
Advance through the final chapter of Rhapsodies of Vana'diel and travel to the remote and sacred island of Reisenjima, land of the gods in the Far East.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-19 08:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Slow down with these updates lol
 Leviathan.Alvar
Server: Leviathan
user: Alvar1
By Leviathan.Alvar 2015-10-19 08:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Brahk said: »
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48909

[dev1290] Explore Reisenjima and Experience the Final Chapter of Rhapsodies of Vana'd

The final chapter of Rhapsodies of Vana'diel will be added.
The fate of millions hangs in the balance as Vana'diel and her heroes confront the greatest peril that history ever dared to record.

New Rhapsodies will be added.
Players progressing through the final chapter of Rhapsodies of Vana'diel will gain access to new rhapsodies and all their powerful benefits.

A new area, Reisenjima, will be added.
Advance through the final chapter of Rhapsodies of Vana'diel and travel to the remote and sacred island of Reisenjima, land of the gods in the Far East.
TFS :3 rawr
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-10-19 08:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

and travel to the remote and sacred island of Reisenjima, land of the gods in the Far East.

So, we finally get to see Tenzen's homeland, eh?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-10-19 08:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder which version of Reisenjima we will visit, the already emptiness ruined Escha version, or the Vana'diel version with a view to prevent the emptiness before it can happen.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-19 08:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder which version of Reisenjima we will visit, the already emptiness ruined Escha version, or the Vana'diel version with a view to prevent the emptiness before it can happen.

The picture seems to indicate we see the current version, which makes sense - if they're going to give us a whole new area without recycling assets, why not give us the pretty version.

Plus, you can't stop the future from the future, so going there in the present is really the only way it would make sense thematically.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-19 09:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember Reisenjima is only a small island in the far east, it's not all the continent is comprised of, namely the Sahjattra Empire and the Yagudo Shogunate.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-10-19 09:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

All I hope is they end the story well, this is going to be FFXI's last hurrah, all the heroes and heroines from the various expansions teaming up to prevent one last evil.

At the moment we haven't even had the identity of the final boss revealed to us, I wonder if it will end up being some Cloud of Darkness/Necron thing and we'll beat who we think is the final boss and then someone new will appear as the mastermind behind the scenes.
[+]
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-10-19 09:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
and travel to the remote and sacred island of Reisenjima, land of the gods in the Far East.

Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2015-10-19 09:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

All I hope is they end the story well, this is going to be FFXI's last hurrah, all the heroes and heroines from the various expansions teaming up to prevent one last evil.

At the moment we haven't even had the identity of the final boss revealed to us, I wonder if it will end up being some Cloud of Darkness/Necron thing and we'll beat who we think is the final boss and then someone new will appear as the mastermind behind the scenes.

It will be a dimensionally displaced Rufus Shinra that was blasted to Vana'diel instead of oblivion when the Weapon attack destroyed Shinra tower.

Or maybe not. Hey, if they could get away with doing that with Bardock to retcon him as the first Super Saiyan, then why not Rufus too?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-19 09:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
Cerberus.Kaht said: »

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-19 09:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Aloha Iroha hints her mother could be
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-10-19 09:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I never saw these references to her parentage, guess I wasn't paying enough attention. For the record in Aloha Iroha, Tenzen already started fantasising about what kind of women Iroha and Prishe could be on just hearing their names.

He even commented on how Aphmau had a rare and noble grace. They're basically playing him off as a bit of a womaniser. Or perhaps a hopeless romantic would be more appropriate.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-19 09:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Aloha Iroha hints her mother could be
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-19 09:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I never saw these references to her parentage, guess I wasn't paying enough attention. For the record in Aloha Iroha, Tenzen already started fantasising about what kind of women Iroha and Prishe could be on just hearing their names.

He even commented on how Aphmau had a rare and noble grace. They're basically playing him off as a bit of a womaniser. Or perhaps a hopeless romantic would be more appropriate.

I think my favorite part of Aloha Iroha is how the only character not being portrayed as a caricature is Prishe, because there's no need to.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-10-19 09:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »

I think my favorite part of Aloha Iroha is how the only character not being portrayed as a caricature is Prishe, because there's no need to.
Ulmia gets off pretty lightly too but that's probably because her and Prishe make a perfect double act.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-10-19 09:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not both? That would be awesome. I think we'll get the Escha version only, though.

Still, an all-new area, and it's going to be a "final area", maybe like Ru'Aun Gardens or Al'taieu... I have high expectations for the design of this area based on that.

edit: there's a screenshot and it shows greenery. Maybe we WILL get both?
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2015-10-19 10:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 it's just a tiny place like Leafalia
"I was born on that stump, master!"
[+]
 Fenrir.Shinun
Server: Fenrir
user: Shinun
By Fenrir.Shinun 2015-10-19 10:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to Reisenjima is nice, but hopefully it has some type of town. It can be the size of Rabao or Norg. I just would like a town aswell, because im fearing it'll just be the final endgame zone and that's it
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-19 10:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably the Reisenshrine.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-10-19 10:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to my homeland master, what do you think?

The scenery is lovely.
It's quite empty.
I seem distracted by 2 objects right now. <
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 201 202 203