First Page 2 3 ... 183 184 185 ... 201 202 203
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-26 14:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Neonegeo said: »
Sorry to be a newbie. (returning player) how do you get the mog pells and is it repeatable?
They are only available during special events, and none have been repeatable so far. There will be an opportunity to get them for just logging in over the next month, but only if you already have certain items. Details are at:

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/15861/detail.html
By Pantafernando 2017-10-26 18:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The Fall Alter Ego Extravaganza (10/26/2017)

The Fall Alter Ego Extravaganza commences Wednesday, November 1!
If you haven't yet acquired alter egos of any of the following NPCs, now's your chance—for a limited time only.

Makki-Chebukki
King of Hearts
Morimar
Sakura
Ovjang
Mnejing
Cid
Rahal
Koru-Moru
Qultada
Adelheid
Amchuchu

Event Period: Wednesday, November 1, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Thursday, November 30 at 6:59 p.m. (PST)

Read on for more information about the Trust Initiative.
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/15868/15868.jpg
By Justuas 2017-10-27 03:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You were right. New battle content inc next month
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-27 03:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, and we can see what we already knew from the data-mine. Four new Dynamis zone.
Think we can see San D'Oria in that pic, can we?

Image is too small for me to discern details. I can see some players, some avatars, what else?
By Pantafernando 2017-10-27 03:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update (10/27/2017)

The next version update is scheduled for early November.

November brings along with it an all-new type of battle content against which to test your skills. Keep your eyes glued to this space for more details in the coming days.

Further additions include the monthly changes to Ambuscade and adjustments to certain alter ego weapon skills.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-10-27 03:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

A Dvrgr v1 sounds like so much fun....

and iDynamis..... best update ever (this is where the sarcmark goes but I'm to lazy to find one)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-27 04:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh NVM now I see the pic clearly. Those are, rightfully so, Orcs.

Wonder if this new event will be about ilevel Relic Armor. Should be!
How will they justify this new iDynamis in the story though? And how will they justify the presence of jobs like RUN and GEO in there?
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-10-27 04:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The same way they did with BLU, DNC etc: don't think about it and get your drops!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-27 04:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, they could've done the same with GEO and RUN for Relic v1, yet they didn't.
Which makes me wonder: what are they gonna do now?
 Asura.Sanosuke
user: sanosuke9
By Asura.Sanosuke 2017-10-27 05:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Idynamis - still a place where Toau,Wotg and Soa jobs still cant get relics! :(
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-27 05:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt the 4 new Dynamis zones will have anything to do with Relic Weapons. If anything it's gonna be about Relic Armor, me thinks.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-27 07:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
How will they justify this new iDynamis in the story though? And how will they justify the presence of jobs like RUN and GEO in there?

I don't know if this is how they will justify it, but they could justify it as the Dynamis of Lilith's world. This would explain why the monsters are so much stronger.
Since both realities were equally in danger of being devoured, it would follow that Diabolos would try to save them both?

As far as why we could bring RUN or GEO into the zones... We were gods for like 15 seconds, we can do whatever we want!
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-10-27 08:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Karaha Baruha also is the only (?) WHM that casts bar-spells according to the elemental damage your party receives.

Ygnas does, but it's almost a moot point since once you get Ygnas I'd question whether you'll ever use another WHM for anything ever again anyway.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-10-27 09:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this mean ilvl abyssea next?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-27 09:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Karaha Baruha also is the only (?) WHM that casts bar-spells according to the elemental damage your party receives.

Ygnas does, but it's almost a moot point since once you get Ygnas I'd question whether you'll ever use another WHM for anything ever again anyway.

Ygnas sucks as a main healer, I've gone back to using Yoran. Ygnas would work will in theory, but his priorities are completely screwed up and he only casts cure III on me. He's better then the other non-UC healers but no where near as good as Yoran or Apruru.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-10-27 09:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

who care if it all meshes good. We need new content and iDyna is exactly it. could be a ton of new zone and shows they will probably end up reusing limbus/aby too eventually for real events again.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-27 09:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
ScaevolaBahamut said: »

Ygnas sucks as a main healer, I've gone back to using Yoran. Ygnas would work will in theory, but his priorities are completely screwed up and he only casts cure III on me. He's better then the other non-UC healers but no where near as good as Yoran or Apruru.
Plus, Ygnas' buff TP move overwrites Haste II with Haste, which is very problematic with RDM Trust AI.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-10-27 09:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why you use Arciela with Ygnas. Plus, you swap to Sylvie if you use Ygnas.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-27 10:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

He's also poor at healing August which from a lore perspective is kind of hilarious
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-27 11:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Arciela doesn't use Dia III, so I'll pass on that.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-27 11:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Did all that, ygnas still sucked ***. Running all around doing dumb things when I have 400hp left. I tried the ygnas + sylvie combo and ultimately it wasn't very good for anything not soloing CP. Have went back to Yoran. I believe SE deliberately made Ygnas like this so as to preserve the UC trusts power.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-10-27 12:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »

You get generally fury/frail. Plus, refresh sphere from the combo. My gripes are more with Sylvie's positioning, and triggering Indi precision through swapping to Meva/curing self(since no acc). The whole running around thing plagues all the trusts that stand back.
 Asura.Ryujinjakka
user: Antonaki
By Asura.Ryujinjakka 2017-10-27 12:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow.. even the Orcs have taken on the "SMN burn all the things"
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-27 12:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Odin.Geriond said: »

You get generally fury/frail. Plus, refresh sphere from the combo. My gripes are more with Sylvie's positioning, and triggering Indi precision through swapping to Meva/curing self(since no acc). The whole running around thing plagues all the trusts that stand back.
As a DRK, I've already got like +100% attack between Qultada's Chaos Roll, Smite, Last Resort, and sometimes Vorseals (plus she'll often drop it when I Endark/Dread Spikes myself mid-battle, or swap into MEVA/MDB set for a spell/TP move), so Fury isn't as helpful as Dia, and Frailty is entrust only, so it's even more unreliable than her normal buffs.

I'd never be able to solo stuff like Bashmu with a sub-par healer like Ygnas, even discounting his tendancy to erase Haste II.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-10-27 12:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ryujinjakka said: »
Wow.. even the Orcs have taken on the "SMN burn all the things"

SE right now: "You got your free aeonics. Now let's see how you enjoy being SMN AC-burnt"
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-10-27 12:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yes... excellent. all those 119 Relic VW drops I have been hoarding should spike in value soon.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-10-27 14:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Last major battle content update in FFXI: OMEN, November 2016 - Artifact +2/+3
Next major battle content update in FFXI: iDynamis (speculation) November 2017 - Relic +2/3 (guessing)

1 full year. Should be a pretty clear indication that any new content may be once per year.

With that said, should be a good time for many to resub, myself included, as it coincides with the "Return Home to Vana'Diel" campaign.

Well played, SE. Well played...
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-10-27 14:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Last major battle content update in FFXI: OMEN, November 2016 - Artifact +2/+3
Next major battle content update in FFXI: iDynamis (speculation) November 2017 - Relic +2/3 (guessing)

1 full year. Should be a pretty clear indication that any new content may be once per year.

With that said, should be a good time for many to resub, myself included, as it coincides with the "Return Home to Vana'Diel" campaign.

Well played, SE. Well played...

Well welcome back (soon). It's a shame you lost all those Canteen's but hopefully you enjoyed your break.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-10-27 15:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What Canteens? You mean the ones I could use to get 3-4 cards for my already 70+ card jobs, a .0006% body drop since I have everything else, or none of the listed Ou hand gear since those rarely ever drop anyways? These canteens can die slow as I pour them on the ground for my dead homies.

I was more or less referring to the timing, which many other players referred to on numerous occasions, and looks like they were correct. My only thing is, if this update is only for relic+2/3, it will be a long time before we see empyrean upgrades.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-10-27 15:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait for Abyssea 3.0
First Page 2 3 ... 183 184 185 ... 201 202 203