2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 162 163 164 ... 201 202 203
By Staleyx 2017-08-26 15:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
While they occasionally repeat some like the gigas and fomors due to holding a vote on niconico, they did state that if they brought the frog back they would make it immune to gravity

Joking right?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-26 15:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No joke, it will be immune to gravity next time.

The enemy was completely unable to fight back in any possible way, it was a complete *** up on their part.

Rejoice though, BEFORE it was beaten with gravity the answer was SMN. And you're all bandwagoned up in advance so no worries!
By clearlyamule 2017-08-26 15:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

waffle said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Be nice if they gave up x2 gallantry and Hallmarks sometime.
I'd settle for just getting frog again

While they occasionally repeat some like the gigas and fomors due to holding a vote on niconico, they did state that if they brought the frog back they would make it immune to gravity.
Would be 100% fine with that. QH was survivable and iirc avoidable too if you tried. Also messing up and getting hit for 60k or something was amazingly hilarious
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-26 15:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It had no ready message so it was completely unavoidable. But still exploitable by pets since they have no buffs.

Survivable with zero buffs yeah, even just haste could put you in the one shot zone.

(lol a job for mnks! no buffs they might do decent)
By clearlyamule 2017-08-26 16:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No I mean from what I remember certain job combos locked it. Old strat page says something about melee main jobs only.

Also even zero buffs could one shot. Think I mananged to take a 10k no buff once. But the page says something about number of "mages" so that might be part of it. Or maybe it was counting the buffs of the people out of range not getting hit.

Also definitely had a ready message but also had a decent range... well the aoe was the targeting was smaller
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-08-26 21:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

was doing it without gravity by doing RS > RS, mewing & kite, RS > RS, dead.. thfs get tp from sam roll and don't melee it so it'll never get a chance to ws anyway

kite thf thf geo cor/smn, 6th slot unnecessary but i think i used brd
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-27 00:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You know that Rudras inflicts gravity making the kiting possible... right? (maybe?)

Had "more than" a few epic fails the second gravity wore off or failed to land. It's one thing with intelligent people, it's a whole different game with a shout kite.

I heard about it being done that way, shout thfs aren't going to happen, it'll be 100% smn onry.
By clearlyamule 2017-08-27 01:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Psh pup onry!

Edit: not seen in screenshot is the buffless cor who ran in close enough to get dmg logs and got hit for 20k lol
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-28 04:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

From their announcement I would dare to say that the "new event" they've been working on has been furtherly delayed yet again and won't make it for september.

If things were otherwise surely they would've mentioned it?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-08-28 05:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
From their announcement I would dare to say that the "new event" they've been working on has been furtherly delayed yet again and won't make it for september.

If things were otherwise surely they would've mentioned it?

No doubt it's likely a delay for that, probably why they're holding another Omen campaign to keep everyone busy stocking up on job cards before releasing new content in either October or November... but hard to imagine from SE's eyes to reforged relic armor up to +2/3 using omen's job cards
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-28 06:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait to see the absolutely ri-god-damn-diculous amount of things needed for the next tier of shields.

New Craftable gear.... Can't possibly be an Su4 so soon so what then...

Relic+3 HAS to use job cards, and it CANT use job cards at the same time. Interesting problem. Omen is a shitty event so either re-use cards or give up on omen as cared about content.
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-08-28 09:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You know that Rudras inflicts gravity making the kiting possible... right? (maybe?)

Had "more than" a few epic fails the second gravity wore off or failed to land. It's one thing with intelligent people, it's a whole different game with a shout kite.

I heard about it being done that way, shout thfs aren't going to happen, it'll be 100% smn onry.

You do realize that Rudra's Storm Gravity is 1 minute?~
DNC,THF combo or SMNs or both will be needed most definitely if they bring it back.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-08-28 10:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic+3 HAS to use job cards, and it CANT use job cards at the same time. Interesting problem. Omen is a shitty event so either re-use cards or give up on omen as cared about content.

SE is way too lazy/not caring lately to provide a full-fetched system for relic +2/3 (beside the whole 'no major content' as of last year). I think that just like reforged 109/119 gear shares chapters, +2/3 will share cards and they will simply add a new battlefield with drops for the relic upgrade. Given how long it takes to get cards outside campaign, this will be enough to have players grinding for a while
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-08-28 11:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They could just add in an extra item that has to be used with the omen cards that you can only get from the relic omen runs.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-28 11:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
They could just add in an extra item that has to be used with the omen cards that you can only get from the relic omen runs.
Probably a Crafting mat, like Vagary does with their upgrades.
Could be an existing one, or new but I'd wager existing and perhaps KI access.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-28 14:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »

SE is way too lazy/not caring lately to provide a full-fetched system for relic +2/3 (beside the whole 'no major content' as of last year). I think that just like reforged 109/119 gear shares chapters, +2/3 will share cards and they will simply add a new battlefield with drops for the relic upgrade. Given how long it takes to get cards outside campaign, this will be enough to have players grinding for a while
I dunno, I don't think the comparison with the old 119 reforge stands either, they had 2 very different approaches.

For reforged AFs the real cockblock was Cards and nothing else. The rest was expensive but it was "just" gil.
If they decide to keep using Omen cards for Relic Reforge then expect 2-3x the amount needed for Relic reforge.

I would probably love Relic reforge to keep using omen cards but realistically I think they gonna release a completely different system alas =/
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-28 14:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch it be HMP and Dross/Cinder, or Sealord Skin, or petrifacts
By afheal 2017-08-28 14:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If it uses those God forsaken things, I will transfer back to levi just to slap you :P
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-28 14:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh, if that is what it takes to get some 1 back to Leviathan, Come one come all Slap away!

Could be worse... a Series number of Items with bayld/plasm and cruor

Just think You need to turn in 1000 HP Bayld, 5 Plasm crystals and idk 25m cruor per piece "It could always be worse"
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-08-28 14:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless, both CC and GS shall be done.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-28 15:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a Dragon in the post for Next version update right?
Spike Flail party go!
By Pantafernando 2017-08-28 15:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update (08/28/2017)

The next Version Update is scheduled for mid-September.

Taking the main stage this month is the fourth installment of the Escutcheon questline!

Other features include new synthesizable equipment and the monthly updates to Ambuscade.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-28 15:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

The next Version Update is scheduled for mid-Whatever.

Taking the main stage this month is an item to grind on your mules.

Other features include waiting for a worthwhile reason to re-sub your mains and... Uh... Look! A dragon!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-28 16:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I can do that too, I can do that too! Look:

Quote:

Other features include waiting for a worthwhile reason to re-sub your mains and... Uh... Look! A dragon!
By clearlyamule 2017-08-28 16:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I hope it's skins. Still got like 12 stacks from last VW campaign. Petrifacts are super feels bad though after turning in hundreds. People would be clamoring to exchange them back lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-28 16:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I realllllllllllly expected petrifacts to be used in the 119 forging, and interestingly they weren't. I'll be kind of amazed if they aren't used for the +3ing though they cost zero gil, so not -that- amazed.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-28 17:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I can do that too, I can do that too! Look:

Quote:

Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-28 17:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I hope it's skins. Still got like 12 stacks from last VW campaign. Petrifacts are super feels bad though after turning in hundreds. People would be clamoring to exchange them back lol

Speaking of this, SE always gives up a Campaign before a Big F.U> update. So Vagary = need mats for some reason, Omen maybe needs VW items so watch for a quarterly VW campaign Vagary, or even "Incursion" since they updated it to HQ coffers only could also be Those! Hell could just be HQ crafted mats from each Guild, new item Quested or existing will be a mad rush to get it done once found.
By anik 2017-08-28 18:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of this, SE always gives up a Campaign before a Big F.U> update. So Vagary = need mats for some reason, Omen maybe needs VW items so watch for a quarterly VW campaign Vagary, or even "Incursion" since they updated it to HQ coffers only could also be Those! Hell could just be HQ crafted mats from each Guild, new item Quested or existing will be a mad rush to get it done once found.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Omgwhy
By Asura.Omgwhy 2017-08-28 22:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 162 163 164 ... 201 202 203