First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 201 202 203
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-16 03:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Footwork was pretty useless before so the change should make it at least useful.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-16 04:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Searing Tempest / Blinding Fulgor / Spectral Floe / Scouring Spate /
Anvil Lightning / Silent Storm / Entomb / Tenebral Crush / Saurian Slide /
Palling Salvo

More Blue mage spells!?

:O

*hyped*

Ok so that's spells from... let's see:

Searing Tempest: Baelfyr elemental (Fire / Light) NM only
Blinding Fulgor: Baelfyr elemental (Fire / Light) NM only
Spectral Floe: Gefyrst elemental (Water / Ice) NM only
Scouring Plate: Gefyrst elemental (Water / Ice) NM only
Anvil Lightning: Ungeweder elemental (Thunder / Wind) NM only
Silent Storm: Ungeweder elemental (Thunder / Wind) NM only
Entomb: Byrgen elemental (Dark / Earth) NM only
Tenebral Crush: Byrgen elemental (Dark / Earth) NM only
Saurian Slide: Velkk
Palling Salvo: Is that from a Mosquito? Only fought a few. No info about this ws on wiki or bg.

Wait, where do you even fight dual elemental NM's consistently? I've only fought a handful through quests that actually used weaponskills.

Some of these could be really useful though. And I wonder how many of these will be Unbridled spells...
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-16 04:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You fight plenty of dual elementals in Yorcia Alluvion Skirmish.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-06-16 04:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Salvo is from the Fluturinis. Pixie things
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-06-16 05:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Wait, where do you even fight dual elemental NM's consistently? I've only fought a handful through quests that actually used weaponskills.

Skirmish or some WoE zones have them in plenty. They also exist in various caverns just not in great numbers.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-06-16 07:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Heroes of Abyssea zones also have dual elementals as regular pops, though not in groups.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-16 07:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Isiolia said: »
Heroes of Abyssea zones also have dual elementals as regular pops, though not in groups.
I don't believe those do the tp moves
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2015-06-16 08:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

IIRC they do use the TP move in abyssea.

but to learn them i'd probably spam the WOE #15 since you get 3 of each kind.
they also pop during weather in adoulin zones, some at least. like marjami or yorcea.

i'd hate to spend yorcea aluuvion pops just for that though
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-16 08:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ajirha said: »
IIRC they do use the TP move in abyssea.

but to learn them i'd probably spam the WOE #15 since you get 3 of each kind.
they also pop during weather in adoulin zones, some at least. like marjami or yorcea.

WoE 15 might be alright but does it have to be a Surge walk?
 Gilgamesh.Leeroyjay
Server: Gilgamesh
user: leeroyjay
By Gilgamesh.Leeroyjay 2015-06-16 09:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Quote:

Skirmish or some WoE zones have them in plenty. They also exist in various caverns just not in great numbers.

Vagary - Duskbrood Gate has every dual elemental in it.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-06-16 09:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

There still are 111 trashpops. They still have 3 floors.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-06-16 09:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

so mostly some magical dmg spells for blu? seems abit disappointing
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-06-16 09:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a good chunk of those are also enfeebles? It's not as though BLU is in a bad place right now anyway, and they might wind up having great traits attached.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-06-16 10:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I got my hopes high for a moment when i read "MONK" in job adjustment, but i felt kinda of disapointed with this. Honestly i never used footwork, so i dont know if that ability was good, or if this change will have an impact in mnk way to play.
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Footwork was pretty useless before so the change should make it at least useful.
Given how Daken was Kick Attacks for NIN.... And given the terribad English wording on the OF... I wonder if Footwork is going to be Sange for MNK?
(Cause the way it reads makes it basically do nothing...)
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-06-16 10:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Isiolia said: »
I think a good chunk of those are also enfeebles? It's not as though BLU is in a bad place right now anyway, and they might wind up having great traits attached.

Gonna bet one of those spells will grant Auto Refresh by itself
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-06-16 11:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
I got my hopes high for a moment when i read "MONK" in job adjustment, but i felt kinda of disapointed with this. Honestly i never used footwork, so i dont know if that ability was good, or if this change will have an impact in mnk way to play.
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Given how Daken was Kick Attacks for NIN.... And given the terribad English wording on the OF... I wonder if Footwork is going to be Sange for MNK?
(Cause the way it reads makes it basically do nothing...)

I'm wondering if it just increases kick attack rate, hopefully above cap. Otherwise, yeah, will be useless...
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-16 11:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Spectral Floe terrors.
Entomb causes petrification.
Scouring Spate is a dispel, I think.
Palling Salvo is used by the Eschan Mosquito.

All of the elementals in Yorcia Alluvion have access to these TP moves. Failing that, the NM for Rune Fencer AF spams both Spate and Floe like a bazillion times.

The duals in Flux 15 WoE also use them but I don't think you can learn blue magic in WoE.
 Bahamut.Aramachus
user: Aramachus
By Bahamut.Aramachus 2015-06-16 12:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

all I read in the dev tracker posts is
"make xxxx easier.... ease xxx ... make xxx easier... "

the "remove level restrictions" stuff is really really dangerous. why, because: if something is hard for a group of 6 at level 30 (take promyvions for example) it is boring solo at 99. Its just boring. increasing the caps a bit? yes please, preferrably so that its hard but if you got good gear and play good you can do it solo or duo (I mean, hey this is a mmorpg, you should have at least ONE friend to play with right? ).

when I read on the official forums about what ppl suggest SE to do with the game, I get dizzy, "make trusts much more powerful and allow them everywhere", "allow us to get - everything - much easier and make it more powerful"...
its hard for the kids I guess but people need to realize easier does NOT equal more fun. overcoming challenges is gaming fun and will always be so things need to be scaled from impossible to challenging, not from impossible to easy or even to mind numbing boring.
why not make a npc that sells every mythic/relic/empy weapon and armor for 1 gil? a npc that gives you every item in the game you want? because its so easy it would kill the fun. if you would still go out there trying to do ANYTHING you would think after 5 min "why am I doing this there is that npc I can click where I get it for free"

when I read the changes SE made to the game basically since the adoulin addon (there are a few awesome things there, dont get me wrong), I think they are trying to make the game so easy, everyone will be bored by the end of the year and leave so they can shut down the servers.
good example is exp, exp increase from oldschool ffxi? yes please because it was stupidly hard back then. so we get about a factor 10, Id say thats a lot but ok. then we get a 1 charge 10min recast +150% exp ring for free on top of that. and then another like 90% more exp with rhapsodies KI? on top of the eminence boni and all... does anyone even realize that levelling is part of the game and part of what makes the game fun? not the grinding back in the day, but actually being in a party, playing your job, be excited about getting new spells/JAs and use them, see your skills increase, equip your character with gear for the level. at the exp rate you can get in the game now, why bother getting equipment prior to 99 it will be outdated in 30min.

sorry about this semi-rant but whenever I see a post from SE recently all I think is "please do not give us any more simplifications" back in the day, I was excited about updates, nowadays Im scared of them. One day, they will make the game so easy playing will be redundant.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-16 13:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
so mostly some magical dmg spells for blu? seems abit disappointing

If you're using spells as a primary damage source, it's typically in a setting where you're using magical nukes.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-16 14:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure the 8 of those spells coming from the hybrid elementals cover the spread of all 8 elements, which I imagine is handy since BLU spells are lacking in certain elements.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-06-16 14:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Due to the enfeebles that are attached to most of these I suspect that they will cost far too much MP. To be honest, it's going to be hard to beat Subduction. It's already an enormously powerful magic attack that is resisted by very little targets; those that do resist it we already have counters for. Most interesting one for me is actually Palling Salvo, we've been lacking a Bio/Dia spell since the dawn of time. Granted, it's the much less useful of the two that we're getting, but still.

Hopefully the traits are nice at least. But even then, blue magic points and slots aren't infinite. Will be hard to fit them in most cases.

Would've liked to see spells from things like Yovra, but oh well.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-16 15:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

People talked a lot of ***about Subduction before it came out, too. I'm willing to suspend any real judgment.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-16 15:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It will definitely be nice to get a decent ice spell finally.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-16 18:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted Caturae spells dammit!

Meh, I can deal with having better nukes. I hope the traits work well. I don't expect a spell as efficient as Subduction, but hopefully they won't be overcosted garbage like most of the SoA spells were.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-17 03:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
[dev1273] Alter Ego Adjustments

• New alter egos will be added.

• Alter egos will be able to be called forth in the following content:
    Delve / Incursion

• Certain alter ego action logic will be adjusted to make them prioritize curing the following status ailments:
    Doom / Sleep

• Tenzen and Gadalar's action logic will undergo adjustments.

Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-17 04:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The picture on the POL website showed one of the Mithra from CoP =)
Shikaree Z I believe? (the dragoon with blue armor)
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-17 07:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
[dev1273] Alter Ego Adjustments

• New alter egos will be added.

• Alter egos will be able to be called forth in the following content:
    Delve / Incursion

• Certain alter ego action logic will be adjusted to make them prioritize curing the following status ailments:
    Doom / Sleep

• Tenzen and Gadalar's action logic will undergo adjustments.

Sorta pointless if it still takes three people to enter. And if it doesn't, this really has become Solo Fantasy XI.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-17 10:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't say the required amount of people to enter Delve or Incursion will be reduced to 1. And I don't think it ever will.

Being able to call Trusts does make the content slightly easier. Passive regen and refresh are always nice or having a dedicated Stunner (Zeid II or Adelheid).
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2015-06-17 13:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont see how they will help much in thes events. Those who can 3 man already dont need them. Guess, yeah for some passive buffs. The stunner trusts wont stun all tp moves, healers will eventually be in AOE range, and DD trusts are DD trusts lol. Parties will still need true stunner or geo or healer or whatever real person job. Even as filler, noy much use for them without major AI changes and trusts with access to all that a job can do.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-17 14:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ganlere said: »
I dont see how they will help much in thes events. Those who can 3 man already dont need them. Guess, yeah for some passive buffs. The stunner trusts wont stun all tp moves, healers will eventually be in AOE range, and DD trusts are DD trusts lol. Parties will still need true stunner or geo or healer or whatever real person job. Even as filler, noy much use for them without major AI changes and trusts with access to all that a job can do.

This was pretty much my point. If I can enter solo, great. I can already solo certain delves anyway. I don't need the trusts, who honestly will probably just mess up the strategies for most of the NMs in there anyway. I just want to be able to enter solo so I can do stupid stuff like clear Ceizak with BST/RNG. I don't want to waste other people's time on stuff like that.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 201 202 203