2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » White History Month
White History Month
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
By Ramyrez 2015-03-06 11:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Ramyrez is Wheeler, an over-confident, cocky, know it all American who wants to be seen as cool by the hot foreign girl with blond hair and blue eyes.

Also, the only Ginger that didn't get beaten as a step child.

...I have to be him, huh?

I didn't consider this angle.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 11:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gracias sometimes I *** up when posting from phone lol
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 11:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
fixed

Also, wtf.

The greatest portrayal of captain planet ever is wtf that is
[+]
By Enuyasha 2015-03-06 14:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Ramyrez said: »
From experience however, whenever someone white goes down the road of 'i was made fun of by black people' as a means to counter racism and equate it as all the same, I see it as disingenuous and missing the point of what institutionalized racism is.

While I generally disagree with you, as so-called "reverse racism" (damn I hate that phrase) does exist and can be quite detrimental in its own right, leading to lifetimes of negative mindsets over a few isolated instances...in this case, given the source, I see your point. Then again, it's quite possible it's part of what made Saev the jerk he is, sooooo....

Never said it didn't exist. I've seen enough racist religious blacks in my lifetime. However by and large they don't hold much power. Same goes for most racist brown people. Also they're being fed by the animosity heaped upon them.

Whites dominate institutions and make policy based on their ideas. The pervasive one is that brown people are less than simply based on skin color and what a wonder that self-fulfilling prophecy has done for Americans in the legal system.
On the contrary, most if not largely the reason we have hyper religious minorities is associated with European ("White") influence. That isnt to say Africa,Mexico, India, or China wouldntve found Jesus without Europe's help (They wouldve already found Islam anyway [thanks Persia!]) but it does help when the slavers brought missionaries to teach the heathens about white Jesus and the mighty hand of white God and then getting drowned in the bible by southern american slave holders as justification for their slavery and associated whipping practices (where white slaves [which existed, thought for extremely systemically different reasons] were exempt because systemic reasons).

<insert relevant "Uncle Tom" references here>
By palladin9479 2015-03-06 15:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Racism today is as much a function of socioeconomic issues as much as actual race.

There is very little actual racism in the USA. It's gotta to be so little that people have to invent some invisible, coordinated and ever present amount of it in order to still claim protected victim status. SJW's everywhere seethe when I refuse to accept their version of the world, doubly so because I'm vocal about it and refuse to allow them to silence me. The best part is I don't even need to try that hard, just get Sparth & friends spun up and you'll do all the work for me. What seems like SJW reason to you looks like plain discrimination and bat sh!t crazy reasoning to everyone else.

What you people call racism is just class strife which has been around since one human was better at hording food then another. Trying to package it as "racism" just serves to lose focus and make one set of people immune to criticism. If a rich white person discriminates against a poor black man, it's racism. If that same rich white douche discriminates against a poor white man, well they are just an a$$hole. It's ridiculous.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-03-06 15:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

palladin9479 said: »
Quote:
Racism today is as much a function of socioeconomic issues as much as actual race.

There is very little actual racism in the USA.
If you actually believe that... that's wonderful for you. It's just not true though lol.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-06 15:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Consider my mind blown that Saevel doesn't agree with me. I could call you a red piller as you've called me a SJW, but by own admission I'm probably not extreme enough for your Tumblr types. I just can't sustain the high levels of rage needed for that theater.

If anything we've learned here is that Saevel talks with authority and expects us to believe everything he says by fiat. Cue the newest statement "the USA isn't that racist" because "people want to coordinate some invisible force to collect privleged victim status." Because lemme tell you, being a black male in America is SO rewarding. Jesus, you've reminded me the human ego really has no bounds.

'Tis ok, I think you and I are destined to this forever.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-06 15:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

There is very little actual racism in the USA. It's gotta to be so little that people have to invent some invisible, coordinated and ever present amount of it in order to still claim protected victim status. SJW's everywhere seethe when I refuse to accept their version of the world, doubly so because I'm vocal about it and refuse to allow them to silence me. The best part is I don't even need to try that hard, just get Sparth & friends spun up and you'll do all the work for me. What seems like SJW reason to you looks like plain discrimination and bat sh!t crazy reasoning to everyone else.

What you people call racism is just class strife which has been around since one human was better at hording food then another. Trying to package it as "racism" just serves to lose focus and make one set of people immune to criticism. If a rich white person discriminates against a poor black man, it's racism. If that same rich white douche discriminates against a poor white man, well they are just an a$$hole. It's ridiculous.
Perhaps thou would likest to understand the reasons for discriminating against a poor black man (based on the color of his skin) and the discrimination of a poor white man (for his economic and financial stability) before making such a ludicrous and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE comment.
 Asura.Alexandero
Server: Asura
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-03-06 15:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Perhaps thou would likest to understand the reasons for discriminating against a poor black man (based on the color of his skin) and the discrimination of a poor white man (for his economic and financial stability) before making such a ludicrous and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE comment.
I agree with Blood here. I disagree with those that think it doesn't exist. Racism exists because we humans have issues with accepting anything that is different than we are. Oh, you don't believe the same thing I do? You're bad. Oh, you have more money that me? Your'e greedy. You have little money? You're lazy. Why would we think that this doesn't also apply to the color of someones skin. People are goofy and view anything that is different as negative. We are trained to conform. Anything that doesn't conform is bad. Ergo, racism is just as real as any other form of rejection because of differences.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-06 15:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If I see a white guy wearing dirty clothes and swaggering around a low income area, I'm checking that my windows are rolled up and my doors are locked because he looks like a criminal and it makes me feel unsafe.

If I see a black guy wearing dirty clothes and swaggering around a low income area, I'm checking that my windows are rolled up and my doors are locked because he looks like a criminal and it makes me feel unsafe. because I'm a racist.

tldr; in a SJW's eyes racism perceived is racism received
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-06 16:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If I see a white guy wearing dirty clothes and swaggering around a low income area, I'm checking that my windows are rolled up and my doors are locked because he looks like a criminal and it makes me feel unsafe.

If I see a black guy wearing dirty clothes and swaggering around a low income area, I'm checking that my windows are rolled up and my doors are locked because he looks like a criminal and it makes me feel unsafe. because I'm a racist.

tldr; in a SJW's eyes racism perceived is racism received
The main difference in this argument over Saevel's is that you're not actively discriminating a person based on race, but on perceived actions, and are doing so to keep yourself reasonably safe.

Which, would arguably put the people calling you racist, as racist.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-06 16:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The main difference in this argument over Saevel's is that you're not actively discriminating a person based on race, but on perceived actions, and are doing so to keep yourself reasonably safe.

Which, would arguably put the people calling you racist, as racist.

I'm profiling someone based on appearance. If it's acceptable for said profile to only include location/clothing/strut, then why are procedures since as stop-and-frisk under such scrutiny? The selection could as easily be attributed to the aforementioned attributes as race.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-06 16:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry folks we are almost to page nine keep on keeping on !
By Bloodrose 2015-03-06 16:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You would need a legitimate reason to include race as a reason to pat someone down in Stop and Frisk.

And you are only profiling someone based on observable behavior - not the color of their skin.

The reason Stop and Frisk is under such scrutiny right now, is because they have had a bad reputation among certain groups of cops for *only* stopping and frisking people of different color when an equally acceptable Caucasian person is right there, and they let him go.

Often times, the SJW (hello, I was once pegged as one, incorrectly) will ignore certain statistics simply to cry out "RACISM!" as a means to divert the fact that many of them are being racist.

If a larger portion of say, Native people were in crapshack Missouri than black people (avoiding the inevitable white person comparison), it would be understandable and logical that more native people who carried themselves in a possibly dangerous manner would be frisked.

However, applying that localization into a generalization and stating quite falsely that all, or most native people act that way, would be basing discrimination upon them as a race, rather than a localization.
By fonewear 2015-03-06 16:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

#endracism

Did it work ?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 16:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

In my country racism exists and it is most definetely not only about socioeconomic status, but often about race itself.

I take the train everyday(bar weekend)and inspectors rarely bother checking tickets(which is a bad thing, but anyway). The inspector could be sitting there all day not caring, but as soon as an african person gets on the train he rushes to him to ask if he has the ticket. And it's not just the poor ones, a guy could be dressed with perfectly normal well kept clothes but if he's moroccan it's automatically assumed he's a bad person.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-06 16:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The only racism I see is when people don't buy black and white cookies at the bakery.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2015-03-06 16:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Racism ended in 2008 when we elected Obama.

Now back to electing white people for the next 40 years !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-06 16:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

#socialjustice.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-06 16:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You would need a legitimate reason to include race as a reason to pat someone down in Stop and Frisk.

And you are only profiling someone based on observable behavior - not the color of their skin.
The way you carry yourself and the way you dress are observable behaviors, we agree there I believe. I don't see how it's a stretch to imply there are many more black people who 'fit the profile' in that sense than white people. While I lack statistics, it's very easy to observe in many neighborhoods.

Quote:
The reason Stop and Frisk is under such scrutiny right now, is because they have had a bad reputation among certain groups of cops for *only* stopping and frisking people of different color when an equally acceptable Caucasian person is right there, and they let him go.
Equally acceptable based on what? This sounds like an anecdote stretched into a blanket, unless you have a study to link.

Quote:
Often times, the SJW (hello, I was once pegged as one, incorrectly) will ignore certain statistics simply to cry out "RACISM!" as a means to divert the fact that many of them are being racist.

If a larger portion of say, Native people were in crapshack Missouri than black people (avoiding the inevitable white person comparison), it would be understandable and logical that more native people who carried themselves in a possibly dangerous manner would be frisked.

However, applying that localization into a generalization and stating quite falsely that all, or most native people act that way, would be basing discrimination upon them as a race, rather than a localization.
This is where the grey area exists. We have crime statistics, we know that person for person blacks commit more crimes than whites. This is correlation, the cause could very well be income disparity or any of a number of other things. It's not a topic we'll even be able to approach objectively here, nor is it an acceptable reason to target blacks across the board for anything and that's fine.

However, certain behaviors(dressing poorly, walking like you own the city, showing disdain for policemen) may be more popular among the black population for cultural reasons. I say may be because we're severely lacking data concerning it. The statistics for stop-and-frisk don't have summaries of reason for stop.

You can say a disproportionate portion of stop-and-frisks are targeting black individuals, but you can't say they were racist without accounting for the myriad of variables that may cause it. Is it such a stretch to think that blacks in certain areas may appear threatening for reasons aside from their skin color?

I can assure you that very few well-groomed and well-dressed individuals are going to ever get stopped, regardless of race.
By fonewear 2015-03-06 16:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

#peacebewithyou
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 16:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't random pr.
By fonewear 2015-03-06 16:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad anyways racism is not going to be solved here continue if you must though !
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 16:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn. I thought we were close.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-06 16:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

See the key to ending racism is to not care about it. Ignore it and it will go away just like Kim Kardashian.

That or march in Selma. It couldn't hurt for lazy Americans to get some exercise !
By Bloodrose 2015-03-06 16:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

The way you carry yourself and the way you dress are observable behaviors, we agree there I believe. I don't see how it's a stretch to imply there are many more black people who 'fit the profile' in that sense than white people. While I lack statistics, it's very easy to observe in many neighborhoods.

Quote:
Equally acceptable based on what? This sounds like an anecdote stretched into a blanket, unless you have a study to link.

Quote:

This is where the grey area exists. We have crime statistics, we know that person for person blacks commit more crimes than whites. This is correlation, the cause could very well be income disparity or any of a number of other things. It's not a topic we'll even be able to approach objectively here, nor is it an acceptable reason to target blacks across the board for anything and that's fine.

However, certain behaviors(dressing poorly, walking like you own the city, showing disdain for policemen) may be more popular among the black population for cultural reasons. I say may be because we're severely lacking data concerning it. The statistics for stop-and-frisk don't have summaries of reason for stop.

You can say a disproportionate portion of stop-and-frisks are targeting black individuals, but you can't say they were racist without accounting for the myriad of variables that may cause it. Is it such a stretch to think that blacks in certain areas may appear threatening for reasons aside from their skin color?

I can assure you that very few well-groomed and well-dressed individuals are going to ever get stopped, regardless of race.

The bolded is the point I was alluding to. Although skin color alone should be not construed as threatening to anyone. Carrying one's demeanor, regardless of color, grants logical reason to believe someone might be dangerous, and that protective action via locking car doors, is more in tune with what should be practiced.

Between Canada and the US, Canada has just as much reason to be afraid of anything that moves that isn't us. However, even in many disparate and low income areas, many houses are left unlocked, and racism does run rampant, even if you don't hear about it (because Canada's the land of Maple Syrup, we never exhibit any kind of strife to the world). Most often times though, if you look or listen, the most prominent amount of racism comes from the Social Justice Warriors.
By fonewear 2015-03-06 16:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never been to Canada but I"m assuming you are overwhelmed by black people !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-06 17:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Hahaha, thank you for confirming your innate biases. And from that spawns your prejudice.

Dressing poorly? Elaborate.
Walking like you own the city? Elaborate.
Disdain for policemen? Oh, you mean those guys proven to escalate force when you're black cause your black?

As if white people don't 'dress poorly', 'walk like they own the city' (ha, yuppies) and show equal disdain when they're pulled over at the local traffic stop. All you've proven is that you have the same caricature of black people that so many more do in America and rest upon it for your flawed conclusions.
By fonewear 2015-03-06 17:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't make me do it !

Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Cecilia Charl 2015-03-06 17:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dressing poorly? Elaborate.
Walking like you own the city? Elaborate.
Disdain for policemen? Oh, you mean those guys proven to escalate force when you're black cause your black?

Dressing Poorly: having their pants hanging off of their *** and walking around with wife beaters that have unknown stains in them when they go out in public.

Walking around like they own the city: Acting like complete thugs to common strangers, taking videos of beating the ever loving ***out of some bystander (See: Slap cam)

Disdain towards police: This is really self-explanatory when you have a media that sensationalizes tragedies and small examples of police brutality. Now everyone thinks it is socially acceptable to be disrespectful to a police officer, thus causing the situation to escalate.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10