White History Month
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-03-05 11:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
We should have native american history month. Ok blacks suffered for a 200 hundred years or so, i get it. But when's the last time you saw a native american? We annihilated them. If any race deserves a history month in America, it's them.

It's called November.

Just *** wow.

For the slower people who think I am joking because of Thanksgiving or some stupid ***.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_American_Indian_Heritage_Month
 Bahamut.Aquatic
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2015-03-05 11:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey you know what, as a US Marine and as a Caribbean Island Latino with all sorts European, African, and native "American" backgrounds... I'll say this:

Everyone deserves to be proud of who they are, to every single detail. If a group of people want to celebrate who they are and invite everyone to constructively participate, have fun and share the culture, then there's NOTHING... absolutely NOTHING to criticize.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-05 12:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
God damn it flower-head.

This is not a political issue, this is a social issue.

Stop injecting your idiotic views in threads where it doesn't belong. Keep doing that and you will be banned from this website (and we will lose our main source of laughter and entertainment)

If there is a social division, it will always creep into politics if not completely encompass it. Division and unity are just buzzwords. What's important is how the issues manifest themselves on a microscopic level; everyday interactions.
I'm pretty sure you know exactly what I meant in my post. But you just want to nitpick anyway.

I'm not sure what you meant by your post. Social division isn't necessarily partisan, but it most definitely is political. And LG is right in that respect, racial divisions are just another manifestation of the "US v. THEM" mentality in this country.

But, like I said, division and unity are just buzzwords, everyday interactions between people are what's important, even on an internet forum. Large scale divisions are an extension of how people interact one on one.
You are giving him way too much credit. He interjected his "Everyone vs. him" rhetoric (hint: Look at how he claims that the Republicans and Democrats are creating fear and that he is the only one who can save us) in a topic where it wasn't brought up.
By fonewear 2015-03-05 13:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm waiting for a feminist awareness month. Make it happen Huff Post !
By palladin9479 2015-03-05 13:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Thing is when you are white it equates to being racist...even if you think the guy is dumb (it is)for doing this everyone will think he is racist.

If you disagree with a Democrat then your a racist homophobic corporate sh!t lord and don't deserve to have rights.

Or put another way, "You may freely express your opinion, as long as it agrees with our opinion" or “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

As for the topic, this is something that gets brought up quite a bit amongst myself and my friends. Most of my friends are not European-American, we are this giant ethnically diverse group that talks about all sorts of sh!t. There shouldn't be any "special" months highlighting anything of a particular ethnic groups because the USA is a diverse place any many people fall into multiple ethnic groups. People need to stop focusing on what makes them different and start focusing on what they have in common, it makes for far better social groups.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-05 13:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to have a black friend so I'm well versed in the struggle !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-05 13:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

March is Women's History Month bruh.
By fonewear 2015-03-05 13:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Damn they are always one step ahead of me !

Women's history okay I'll summarize:

19th amendment then nothing happened...Huff Post Jezebel Cosmo Daytime TV Lean In #yesallwomen and so on.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-05 13:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

By fonewear 2015-03-05 13:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Modern women:

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-05 13:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »

I can't tell if that's Ham or Bologna.
It's the FFXIAH sandwich.

It's in the code
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-05 13:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

History Months aren't much different than a rotating menu of options for people to partake in or ignore. It's like Grandparents Day or Mothers Day. A celebration of the institution. Be that famous Asians, Blacks or Hispanics. I feel that whites that all coiled up about this are either ignorant on history or want to rattle cages just to be heard.

Highlighting black contributions to America one month and then women another takes nothing away from Western European contributions to America. So partake in 'White' history month but it's a bit redundant when History class largely chronicles that for you.

As much as that Freeman video goes around, it misses the point. In the struggle to make everyone 'colorless' we miss out on the opportunity to explore and learn from each group of people who poured sweat/blood into America. We're not all the same and in that there is limitless possibility to become more well rounded people. It has nothing to do with superiority unless you want it to be.

Are you Jewish? Great. Embrace that. Allow other people into your rich culture. Are you Moroccan? Great. I'd love to learn more about your culture. It's about open-minded. You just might learn something.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-03-05 13:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I filled out an application to join the KKK once in high school. When I got to the end, I saw where they wanted a printout of your photo ID :(

I ultimately did not mail in the application
By fonewear 2015-03-05 13:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

But I'm too old to learn ! This new world confuses me.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-05 13:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

But I'm too old to learn ! This new world confuses me.

Proceed to a processing plant where we'll grind you up into pink slime and feed you to cows destined for a McDonalds near you.

The circle of life is a harsh one. I hope to become part of someone's Taco Bell one day.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-05 13:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss the simpler times of dial up internet and no Facebook. Those were the days !
By fonewear 2015-03-05 13:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

History Months aren't much different than a rotating menu of options for people to partake in or ignore. It's like Grandparents Day or Mothers Day. A celebration of the institution. Be that famous Asians, Blacks or Hispanics. I feel that whites that all coiled up about this are either ignorant on history or want to rattle cages just to be heard.

Highlighting black contributions to America one month and then women another takes nothing away from Western European contributions to America. So partake in 'White' history month but it's a bit redundant when History class largely chronicles that for you.

As much as that Freeman video goes around, it misses the point. In the struggle to make everyone 'colorless' we miss out on the opportunity to explore and learn from each group of people who poured sweat/blood into America. We're not all the same and in that there is limitless possibility to become more well rounded people. It has nothing to do with superiority unless you want it to be.

Are you Jewish? Great. Embrace that. Allow other people into your rich culture. Are you Moroccan? Great. I'd love to learn more about your culture. It's about open-minded. You just might learn something.

I was with you till you mentioned the Jews !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-05 13:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Show me on this diagram where the Jews touched you. And no, clipping your penis doesn't count.

(Funniest thing I've seen from that Bibi speech to Congress was the caption: "If you like your foreskin, NO you can't keep it.")
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-05 13:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The Jews are my mortal enemy I'm 80% German. I come from a long line of Nazis.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-05 13:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Show me on this diagram where the Jews touched you.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-05 13:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Kidding me the Jews are why all of Hollywood movies are terrible !

That and people like to watch dumb movies.

Looking at you Adam Sandler Judd Apatow !
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-03-05 14:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This topic is an abortion.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-05 14:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

Speaking of that is a topic I rarely see discussed here
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-05 14:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Show me on this diagram where the Jews touched you.

You're all just mad because the master race is infact winning this round of Capitalism.
 Cerberus.Wonton
Server: Cerberus
user: WonTon
By Cerberus.Wonton 2015-03-05 14:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
I noticed that they sold a button that said "Proud to be Irish." And I could never understand that
I know that people like to quote George Carlin almost as much as other people like to quote the Bible, but on this count, he's dead wrong.

Irishmen, both at home and in the US, were subject to considerable hatred. At one point in the United States, during my grandparents' lives and even in Carlin's lifetime, being Irish was worse than being black, because not only were you as bad as those filthy, uppity ex-slaves, but you also had the audacity to wear pale skin, too.

You know what there isn't? A button that says "Proud to be English." And there's a reason for that. It's the same as why there shouldn't be buttons that say "Proud to be straight" (these do exist because people think they're clever). Pride is an important concept, especially when it's in reaction to being told that one should feel ashamed about some factor of birth. I'm sure there's a history of English pride amongst those Anglo-French living in France, though.

Context is relevant.

In your own post is a statement explaining why you're wrong about his being wrong. People should never be ashamed of something they had no control over, but it works the exact same way for pride. "Gay pride" is a misnomer. The celebration is about being able to express who you are without shame. It's understandable that after such a long period of oppression the pendulum would swing too far the other way, but there is no legitimate reason to be proud. It's just that "gay no-shame" is clumsy and possibly ambiguous. It's the same for racial pride. There is, however, an argument for cultural pride since you can choose to participate, or for national pride since you have some control over what country you live in.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-05 14:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

No no, that's Climate Change.

This thread is definitely a mass grave. Or perhaps Boko Haram.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-05 14:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I pointed out that the thread was ended with a post on page 1. Why is everyone still here? shoo.

You kidding me we are now just getting to the point !
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10