What do you think they will do?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-17 14:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Make it good?

Probably not, since this is SE we are talking about.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-02-17 15:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at en-spells from rdm, Can assume similar results for any tier 2 of those en spells. higher damage but only on 1st hit more mp per cast but maybe longer duration.
 Shiva.Kienasia
Server: Shiva
user: kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-02-17 15:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had to guess, they'll probably just be improved versions of the 1st tier. And have a higher accuracy bonus for enlight; attack bonus for endark? Maybe also have the starting damage from 65+ or something?
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-17 16:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope it allows my Sangarius to bleed people dry while not overwriting the AE.

I hope they remove the decay.
By Lyncath 2015-02-17 16:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll be good for both jobs.

Enlight II means more accuracy for Paladin and Endark II means more attack for Dark Knight.

I'm very interested to see what Rune Fencer gets spell or ability-wise more than anything though.
[+]
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-02-17 16:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah would be nice if the decay was removed, I get tired of casting it in the middle of the fight(on paladin). Already have enough spells to cast as it is; flash, crusade, reprisal, cure. Not to mention other abilities with that.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-17 17:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Rune Fencer is already incredibly good. Most people in this game are too stupid to play it right.

Maybe they won't add accuracy or attack at all.

I'm also hoping for Reprisal II and Dread Spikes II.
[+]
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-02-17 18:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be something to look forward to, indeed. And it does seem like something they might do later on. I can't really think of too many other spells or abilities they could add though from a pld's view. Was thinking maybe another form of bash or maybe a flash II for more enmity? Dark; first thing that comes to mind is absorbs. Think they would add a stun II?

As for Runefencer, it might be too early to say, but maybe a foil II? It is sort of like reprisal and dread spikes in a way. In terms of defensive spells.
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-02-17 19:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I know enlight II was confirmed, has endark II been confirmed yet?

On either of them I would assume no more decay and roughly 65 added effect dmg, probably less resist on dmg for pld and stagnant attack bonus for drk.
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-02-17 19:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know of it hasn't been confirmed. Just mostly wishful thinking. Hehe
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-17 20:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kienasia said: »
That would be something to look forward to, indeed. And it does seem like something they might do later on. I can't really think of too many other spells or abilities they could add though from a pld's view. Was thinking maybe another form of bash or maybe a flash II for more enmity? Dark; first thing that comes to mind is absorbs. Think they would add a stun II?

As for Runefencer, it might be too early to say, but maybe a foil II? It is sort of like reprisal and dread spikes in a way. In terms of defensive spells.
flashgaflashgaflashga *ahem*. And flash II would be nice too.

I'd also like a foil-esque spell for PLD. In the enmity/recast/self targeted sense. No idea what the actual effect of the spell would be though. Reprisal is good defensively, but the recast and pitiable enmity(even after being adjusted! make it a sorry enmity spell.
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-02-17 20:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hehe, flashga. Would be nice to wipe shadows while blinding the enemy, I will give you that!

I do like that foil for paladin idea though.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-17 20:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD and RUN should get an Second Wind/Reprieve ability that lets you survive an attack that would otherwise reduce your HP to 0, but instead brings you to 1. Could be a 10min ability to prevent abuse, but could be a saver for bs TP moves that do more than your max HP like Ravenous Wail. Maybe RUN would be better off with since they're less durable than PLD.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-17 21:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

1 HP is kinda harsh. I can so easily see dying to spikes(avatar fights) or keeling over to a follow up melee before anyone can cure.

It'd just suck to survive the WS, only to get finished off a second later by something miniscule.

Also, a 10 min recast? With what kinda duration? This is kinda turning into a gamble for if the move will go off or not. Limiting the viability to this things that can be easily predicted.

NIN can full time Migawari and it completely negates the attack, rather than leaving you in a near death situation. Sure it has an activation requirement, but when talking about attacks that can one-shot you, that's hardly an issue.

I think your balancing factors are a bit too harsh compared to what SE has already allowed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-17 21:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kienasia said: »
As far as I know of it hasn't been confirmed. Just mostly wishful thinking. Hehe

If Enlight II comes out and Endark II doesn't. You should all quit now because the end is *** nigh.

/starts prepping lifeboats
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-17 23:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but Pld also has ochain/sentinel/reprisal for huge damage mitigation that NIN doesn't have. This would just be for the ridiculous one shot moves that do like 4-8k. PLD has tools for mitigating mundane damage, this would just be for extraoridnary damage. Note, that the kinds of attacks that migawari absorbs, 90% of them PLD shrugs off with just basic shield blocks. I'm talking CDC from Ark Angels when a NIN is caught without shadows, a PLD with ochain would take maybe 200-400 damage, the NIN likely one shotted. That's why i opted for a conservative 10min JA with maybe a 1min duration. For those Ravenous Wail/Bullsh*t moves that do tremendous damage. The long recast also prevents PLd from riding/cheesing the timers considering there's other tools. Would literally be a last resort and if you die from spikes, oh well. It was just a cherry on top JA, not meant to make you unkillable.

As far as endark2 goes, it should be very nice for drk if it works like rdm enspell2's. With capped haste, you'll surpass endark1's cap within a few seconds and then be on your way to even higher attack. Only downside is it wouldnt proc on extra hits, but its not the dark damage that matters to drk dps its the extra attack on top of berserk/lr.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-17 23:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I really want Drain III.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-17 23:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Noctohelix/Breakga please.
Would really dig a convert style mechanic that swaps HP <-> TP
Need more occult acumen tp bonus too
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-18 00:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Occult Acumen needs to get some steroids.
HP -> TP like sublimation.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-02-18 02:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Yeah but Pld also has ochain/sentinel/reprisal for huge damage mitigation that NIN doesn't have. This would just be for the ridiculous one shot moves that do like 4-8k. PLD has tools for mitigating mundane damage, this would just be for extraoridnary damage. Note, that the kinds of attacks that migawari absorbs, 90% of them PLD shrugs off with just basic shield blocks. I'm talking CDC from Ark Angels when a NIN is caught without shadows, a PLD with ochain would take maybe 200-400 damage, the NIN likely one shotted. That's why i opted for a conservative 10min JA with maybe a 1min duration. For those Ravenous Wail/Bullsh*t moves that do tremendous damage. The long recast also prevents PLd from riding/cheesing the timers considering there's other tools. Would literally be a last resort and if you die from spikes, oh well. It was just a cherry on top JA, not meant to make you unkillable.
Migawari hardly makes a NIN unkillable. But it is pretty effective protection against high dmg cheap shots.

I would assume that such a JA would wear off upon blocking an attack? If this is the case, why not have a longer duration? With a 10 min recast you'd still be limited to one saving roll per use, even if the duration was 10 mins as well. This way you could use it, and be fairly certain that it'll at least be up when the attack comes.

This removes the luck factor in actually getting use outta the JA. But should the mob decide to spam(hello wail) or dispel, you're still gonna die. But at least it'd save you once per JA use with reasonable certainty.

If a JA isn't going to be at least reasonably useful, then SE can please kindly leave it out and and add something more beneficial to PLD in general.

EDIT:
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Noctohelix/Breakga please.
Would really dig a convert style mechanic that swaps HP <-> TP
Need more occult acumen tp bonus too
I... kinda want that on DRG... Like, bad. lol. On a 3 min timer please.

~2.3k HP. pop JA, ~2.3k TP, itty bitty HP. Use restoring breath, hp+1200~. And AM3 TP nearly ready. A bit risky, but at the very least it'd be amazing pre-fight.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-18 02:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to have a lot of my useless JA's taken away.
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-02-18 02:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just saying it as it is. But we'll see(which I'm confident endark II will be it as well.) lol By the way, if things do go south.. can I have one of the life boats?

How about a spell that increases tp gain for dark, like ninja?(store tp)

Edit: Still a bit of a rookie on how quoting stuff works on this sight. > >;
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-18 13:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish absorb-TP worked well yes.
I think another Tier of it would be grand.

In fact, it would be amazing if absorbs didn't you know, suck.

If Liberator affected Absorb-Attri that would be....god there is so much ***broken ***.
[+]
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-02-18 15:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed, that I wish they would improve them. Maybe it's possible they might have an improved absorb potency under the job point category later?
And I actually meant maybe a spell/ability that facilitates your tp per hit, like a hasso, or kakka ichi. I like absorb-tp and all but it's sort of annoying when casting - then omg monster ws's...

All this talk about dark is making me want to gear it up again, haven't really touched it since adoulin came out. Mostly a fan of apocalypse.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-18 17:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The main problem is the lack of:

Absorb-atk
Absorb-def
Absorb-macc
Absorb-meva
Absorb-matk
Absorb-mdef
Absorb-eva

Any job that subs /drk can do a +22 stat absorb like a main Dark Knight. They need to greatly increase their power and remove decay.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-18 17:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Absorb-eva
Now you know that SE will never give that away.

It would A) Make DRKs useful, and this game is SAM onry, and B) be either broken or useless.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-18 17:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 DRK the new RDM.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-18 17:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK has always had "absorbs" as its thing. To give it power to manipulate combat through these absorbs is not making it a "Red Mage".

If you are being serious it only highlights your lack of concepts fundamental to the job you are making snide remarks in regards to.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-18 17:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Absorb-eva
Now you know that SE will never give that away.

It would A) Make DRKs useful, and this game is SAM onry, and B) be either broken or useless.

That one would be grand. But meva, macc, matk, mdef would all be wonderful.
First Page 2