Endark, Enlight II
 Shiva.Kienasia
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-02-18 17:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »

Any job that subs /drk can do a +22 stat absorb like a main Dark Knight.

Oh, didn't even know that part.. Well "that" does suck lol. Sorry sort of a casual dark and still learning a few things.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-18 17:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK has always had "absorbs" as its thing. To give it power to manipulate combat through these absorbs is not making it a "Red Mage".

If you are being serious it only highlights your lack of concepts fundamental to the job you are making snide remarks in regards to.

If the "main problem" problem as you said is something like ab-eva, ab-mdb, maybe your forgot drk is a dd, and dd "main problem" is hitting hard.

If your concern is having debufs that can be useful to party, should just go as rdm.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-18 17:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay I guess the ENTIRE SPELL LIST AND 1000+ MP I HAVE DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING THEN.

INT is my one of highest stats.
The job is one of the few that gets native Enfeebling, Elemental, and Dark Magic.

Our main problem actually is surviving. Hitting hard is not really/ever/will it be/ a problem.

M concern is my job making sense in relation to the traits, spells, and motif behind it. All I can say is I'm glad you aren't in charge of development.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-18 17:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Knight is born from a combination of Dark and Elemental Magic of black magic, and the attack aspect of Warrior.

Paladin is born from the Divine/Healing Magic of white magic, and the defensive aspect of Warrior.

Both jobs should be fairly utilizing their spells as necessary.

In Dark Knight's case, it adds to their offense/defense, while lowering stats of the mob for party benefit in a way that differs from red magic enfeebling/enhancing magic.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-18 17:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

All I can say is I'm glad you aren't in charge of development.

Well, if you were in charge of development, i guess thf would still be prefered over drk for some time still.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-18 17:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Rudras storm nonsense: No, I'd never let atrocious *** like that happen.

Urteil's THF Development Plan:

TH since the beginning of time would have increased the critical hit rate against the afflicted target for the THF. With the use of a JA the entire party would receive this benefit for a short time. (Magical and Physical) TH1 1%, TH11 12% etc.

No mainstream monster or event would ever have something immune to a particular type of damage. Or be so statically resistant that would depreciate the job.

Aura steal would be a much bigger deal for THF akin to Dungeon and Dragons 3.5: Spell Thief.
 Shiva.Kienasia
Server: Shiva
user: kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-02-18 17:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question, on absorb acc, how much acc do we usually gain? Was trying looking it up real quick and didn't find anything.(sorry a little derailed)
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-18 18:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

People pay millions for +1STR in gear, I think +22 STR is fine from absorbs, just remove the decay. DRK has equipment to boost potency/duration. If they got too many absorbs, ppl will expect DRK to maintain those which will slow their dps.

First off, lets say DRK got absorb evasion, no way is SE gonna let it be stronger than 35-40ish Evasion because then it'll encroach upon Distract/Distract II. Remember Distract/Distract II have limited durations of only like 90s-2min or so. If Absorb-eva drained like 60 eva and lasted 90smin, that's already as potent as Distract II. They would have to keep the potency of Absorb-Att/Eva/MAB/Meva very low like the same potency as base stats. So it would absorb 22att/22eva/22mab/22meva etc. Any higher, and Absorb Spells would superior to the corresponding debuff. DRK is primarily a DD, their absorb-secondarystat spells, should they ever get them, should never be better than Distract/Frazzle/Dia/Bio/Blind, because those spells only do one major thing, Absorbs not only lower stats but give them to you. Don't you think that's a legitimate point?
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-18 18:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

40 would be a dream.
No decay would be nice and fix quite a bit.

Being able to /drk and absorb as much as a 99 DRK is a problem. So nerf the sub I guess.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-18 18:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Absorbing 40 STR is pretty substantial I think, but warranted for base stat absorbs. Derived stats like att/eva/acc should be capped at like 20 or so unless Nether Void is used. Absorbing 40 eva is like slightly worse than Distract II, 20-25 would be fair, given it stacks with Distract and Absorb AGI. I think absorb-def/att should also be set values and not %. 20-25 att/def at best, because again, you can also absorb str/vit for another chunk of att/def. I think DRK should get absorb-def/att/meva etca, as long as they don't come anywhere near the potency of dedicated debuff spells.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-18 18:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. The decay is the primary problem.

Getting between 22-32 (Liberator expanding it) would be a good value range.

Dark Seal and Nethervoid need to be on lower timers. Dark Seal and Nethervoid being compatible with say Cure II (not only Dark Magic) is also an issue.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-18 18:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Being able to /drk and absorb as much as a 99 DRK is a problem. So nerf the sub I guess.

I'm down, as long as they nerf /WAR's berserk, and /RDM's Convert. Prety much anyone that subs WAR or RDM gets likem 90% of the benefit those jobs offer. I'm still salty over /RDM giving everyone Refresh Haste Convert FC2 Distract and Frazzle and 90% of our enfeebles, but /WHM gives no Afflatus or Esuna. Every job seems to get a strong nerf when subbed except /WAR and /RDM.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-18 18:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Dark Seal and Nethervoid need to be on lower timers. Dark Seal and Nethervoid being compatible with say Cure II (not only Dark Magic) is also an issue.

This is a problem with Elemental Seal and Burst Affinity too.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-18 18:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the issue is that it as strong as the main job. The absorb line has this unique deficiency.

I am nowhere near as proficient as a RDM subbing RDM.

The /whm stuff still bothers me.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-18 18:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Our main problem actually is surviving. Hitting hard is not really/ever/will it be/ a problem.
This is why I love any post that Urteil makes, they are just so entertaining.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-18 20:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply