Server Merge For The People!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Server Merge for the People!
Server Merge for the People!
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-02-02 10:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
fonewear said: »
They added additions to Mog Gardens what more could you possibly want ?

I don't think I've even entered my mog garden in like four months.

Holy ***, it just ocurred to me what's going on.

They're transitioning XI from a solid MMO into Farmville + a social network for Japanese players.

/conspiracytheorygo
I use my mog garden to change jobs since you have your own personal porter moogle in there it's more convenient.

Haven't use it for actual gardening in months though.
 Cerberus.Halticus
Server: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2015-02-02 10:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Odin.Blazeoffury said: »
Neo Sea

I will completely rage quit.

I. ***. hated. CoP endgame. A lot of it is personally circumstantial so I can let that go, but just...the colors alone. All those pastel colors and bright lights in Sea...it's, as I've always said, like Easter in Hell.™

Was also the worse effort v reward system.
Worst effort v reward system? pfft... Voidwatch says hi lol
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 10:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Halticus said: »

Pardon me a bad meme, but...

"Bro, did you even CoP?"

Voidwatch has nothing on Sea.

Nothing.

Voidwatch is random, sure, but it was easy-peasy and you at least got a decent hunk of gil from NPC'able trash and a metric ***-ton of exp/merits. Especially useful to this day for the purpose of merit-needing BCs.

Sea was lots of time spent running around actually doing nothing for little reward and usually a loss of experience when you inevitably died to some mob's *** TP move.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Baek
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Baek 2015-02-02 10:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be better than a server merger is a total upgraded UI that updates the freaking graphics but they won't do that because people for some odd reason still play on playstation 2.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-02 10:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Baek said: »
What would be better than a server merger is a total upgraded UI that updates the freaking graphics but they won't do that because people for some odd reason still play on playstation 2.
It would take way more than dropping PS2 support, like it would cost more than making a whole new game.

A server merge wouldn't solve anything either.
[+]
By Heimdel 2015-02-02 10:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

PS2 is still mainly used in Japan to play ia why.

Problem with gettign them to do a server merge is they are looking at peak times what are jp prime times for server counts. For instance on my server during jp primetime the count can still hit double or triple na primetimes/ You also then have all the dual boxers and 24/7 afk mules throwing off the counts even more.
 Lakshmi.Baek
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Baek 2015-02-02 10:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, since we have been paying and playing for years it would be a very nice gesture even though we know money drives business and they won't use the money we have given them and put it back into the game.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-02 11:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, since we have been paying and playing for years it would be a very nice gesture even though we know money drives business and they won't use the money we have given them and put it back into the game.
You mean actually give the people who make them money what they want, and make even more money while doing it, just not potentially as much as a riskier project?

no, why would they do such a thing.

I mean if the PS3 FF7 HD trailer, and the PS4 rerelease isn't a cue that they don't give a *** about their fans, just look at XIII, and what they're doing to XV. The only fanservice I've seen of theirs of late is in XIV (and I don't mean plot).
 Cerberus.Halticus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2015-02-02 11:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pardon me a bad meme, but...

"Bro, did you even CoP?"

Voidwatch has nothing on Sea.

Nothing.

Voidwatch is random, sure, but it was easy-peasy and you at least got a decent hunk of gil from NPC'able trash and a metric ***-ton of exp/merits. Especially useful to this day for the purpose of merit-needing BCs.

Sea was lots of time spent running around actually doing nothing for little reward and usually a loss of experience when you inevitably died to some mob's *** TP move.
Yes, I did CoP. Completed it well before 75 lvl cap raise. For me though, CoP had its reward waiting at the end (Rajas ring), all I had to do was complete the expansion. In terms of farming sea for AV pops, Torque drops etc... I don't think it was too terribly bad. VW on the other hand, upon its release was a horrendous effort/reward ratio experience. Killing Akvan 300 times before a hekas dropped vs- the guy who hopped in a PUG for his 1st VW experience ever , who has no mage job, low and behold ... Hekas in the chest. Yeah, VW sucked, it was a farm grind everyone detested vs- an expansion full of running around with people watching day long CS's. My personal opinion though.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-02 11:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

everyone detested
I liked VW. Fast, repeatable as many times as you want with the only requirement being to talk to a npc for more stones.

vs- an expansion full of running around with people watching day long CS's.
You don't have to compare VW to an expansion, sigh. Ramyrez was talking of sea specifically, an endgame event like VW. Which btw I wonder why to this day those mobs have longass respawn times.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 11:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Killing Akvan 300 times before a hekas dropped vs- the guy who hopped in a PUG for his 1st VW experience ever , who has no mage job, low and behold ... Hekas in the chest. Yeah, VW sucked, it was a farm grind everyone detested vs- an expansion full of running around with people watching day long CS's. My personal opinion though.

You're comparing story missions to repeatable endgame content.

=\=

Voidwatch was infinitely more rewarding than Jailer farming.

I loved the CoP missions too. And I did them as they released.

Pretty sure there aren't many people who can claim they were screwed by Voidwatch's luck-of-the-draw drops as much as I was, but even then I'll take Voidwatch all day, every day, compared to Sea grinding back at 75.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-02-02 11:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

make all servers into 1

\( '3')/ Problem fixed

[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-02 11:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

leo said: »
Asura.Taidis said: »
leo said: »
Before I stopped playing I was making a million gil per month with four mules and main char.
But you wanna hear what blew my top with FFXI?

Was the feeling of "duty" with the mog gardens shores.

I just said "screw you. I'm done." and froze the account. lol
At worst you have to get it to rank 7 as part of getting the silver shovel cordon then you can ignore it forever, I know I have. Very odd reason to quit! I will say 1m/month across 5 characters is absolutely terrible though considering you make more than double that off 1 Dynamis run.

Mog garden is something you attend for a fraction of your daily time. You add that to other activities and it's "another million" you make per month.

Obviously I was not doing it 100% of my time but the repetition was so brutal it added up to my burnout.

Im feeling burned after doing daily stuffs for mythic. Everyday:

2h dynamis for cash
1h doing nyzul
30 min doing einherjar
1h each 5 days to upgrade my campaign medal
30m each 4 days to burn my imprimateurs

only thing ive been doing aside daily is ark angels when i manage to get 45 merits by RoE.

And im feeling so frustrated that ichor will hold my mythic for more 15-20 days...
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 12:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
make all servers into 1

\( '3')/ Problem fixed

We won't hurt you, as long as you realize you deserve that *** whoopin' even if it's not forthcoming.
By Damane 2015-02-02 12:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lilkat said: »
The problem with this is that FFXIV needs merges too, do you expect them to merge servers on 2 games at a time when they are trying to make everything look positive? I don't know if you read the latest end of year report but things aren't going that well for Square's MMOs.

Server merges really aren't needed honestly though, the content is all low-man these days and server peak times are still quite a bit higher than US peak. Most people only want merges because they are comparing numbers now with numbers years ago, not because they are actually needed.

If endgame was the same now as it was 4 years ago I would agree but not today.

Also the one sub fee is an awful idea, they would make less money. They don't want more players on the servers, they want more money.
i dont know where you pulling this info from, but when you have queues logging in then there definitly isnt a need for server merges ¬.¬ in FF14. just sayin
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-02 12:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

server merge brought dankdragon along with the rest of diabolos. siren was a quiet place before that even with our ironic name. no server merges, if you dont like the server pop then transfer.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-02-02 13:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Server merge would never fix NA issues when every server is dominated by JP. It's either Mega Server where Dyn is split up like groups entering Delve and fix waiting times for BCNMs/Salvage and/or pop NMs or an NA onry server where the vast majority of JP would be most satisfied.
I agree tho none of this is even remotely necessary atm w/ SE giving us all this lowman too weak content of late. Takes a whole three ppl to do UC wanted... lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
Server: Leviathan
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2015-02-02 13:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hah i've been doing alot of events, and things with the JP lately. Hasn't really been a problem as most seem to know what they're doing.
By Brolli 2015-02-02 22:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lilkat said: »
The problem with this is that FFXIV needs merges too, do you expect them to merge servers on 2 games at a time when they are trying to make everything look positive? I don't know if you read the latest end of year report but things aren't going that well for Square's MMOs.

Server merges really aren't needed honestly though, the content is all low-man these days and server peak times are still quite a bit higher than US peak. Most people only want merges because they are comparing numbers now with numbers years ago, not because they are actually needed.

If endgame was the same now as it was 4 years ago I would agree but not today.

Also the one sub fee is an awful idea, they would make less money. They don't want more players on the servers, they want more money.
FFXIV doesn't need merge, the servers always gets full/almost impossible to get online on NA prime time. You just got butthurt.
By fillerbunny9 2015-02-02 22:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

why on earth would XIV need a merge? so much of the game is done cross-server that unless you're doing coil, you're likely not playing with people on your own server to begin with.
 Leviathan.Siratus
By Leviathan.Siratus 2015-02-03 00:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I like cheese.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-02-03 02:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Lets be honest the Abyssea content isn't really an expansion. It really was the designed end game content of WoTG's storyline that got piecemealed in 3 easy installments. It was essentially a cash grab in an era of game development that was focused on maximizing profits.

Abyssea story is based on the alternative reality where Promathia won the fight in the Empyreal Paradox. Abyssea areas aren't actually a part of the alternative Crystal War aftermath where Shadow Lord had won. I got your point though. They could have been a single addon. But at least, they still had pretty huge content compared to the 3 addons...
 Asura.Devdas
user: Lerouge
By Asura.Devdas 2015-02-03 03:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

First and foremost, trusts are irrelevant in this discussion in any because the events that you need trusts in are not events that matter anyway.

I can't see how a server merge would be anything but healthy for the smaller servers to merge with one another. I am on a larger server myself and while I don't farm dynamis anymore I still see long stretches of days where the zones are empty or have 1 person in them. If Qufim is full then go to another zone, I can assure you that you will find a zone with minimal people in that you can farm.

Asides from that it brings nothing but more activity for people who don't have large linkshells AND boosts larger linkshells. Merge two small servers together and bring life into the population, I assure you that will make more people willing to play since their options of servers aren't... Asura and like 2 others. The having to wait for people to enter an instance would be my main concern, but since I am not suggesting adding servers to one that is healthy population wise, I can't see it causing much of an issue.

The only reason I can see anyone being opposed to a server merge is a. They have a small knit group of people they run all events with and have no issues finding members for content b. Have an active linkshell and aren't affected (Division I'm in) c. Don't play this game and are posting to whine cause they can't get enough whining over a game they don't play or d. Are crazy/Don't want to do incursion reliably
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [682 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2016-12-16 01:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

just came back to carby man thats a mistake its dead dead dead /time to move to asura
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-16 09:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy necro batman.
[+]
 Asura.Delcius
user: Delcius
By Asura.Delcius 2016-12-18 12:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arcksan said: »
Don't care about FFXIV, let this MMO die, then SE can focus on FFXI once again <3
I second this. FFXIV wil never be what FFXI is.