Server Merge For The People!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Server Merge for the People!
Server Merge for the People!
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-16 13:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
That'd be kinda nice... world wide auction house. Wouldn't solve the issues that most people complain about. They simply want new faces to do things with. It gets old doing things with the same people.

Speak for yourself. I enjoy kicking it with the crew that I know can communicate well and understands others' playstyles and what is generally expected. A bunch of new people would mean I would have to get on skype with a bunch of.... weirdos. I don't wanna have to hurt anybody's feelings.

PM me I'll jump in Skype and hurt their feelings for you/me because I'd prolly enjoy it.

Is this what WHM's turn into after too many party wipes blamed on them?

My groups don't wipe.

And No in any respect, I'm just an *** when people screw up simple ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-16 13:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
but having a larger player base just means more immersion and just means the community is more enjoyable to be around

Who told you this lie?
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-01-16 14:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Maximos said: »
Honestly guys I just want the community back to normal levels. I know content is meant now to be low manned, I know trusts are here to be our .Hack MMO Simulator buddies, I know long lines aren't fun, but having a larger player base just means more immersion and just means the community is more enjoyable to be around. As for server transferring, I did transfer to Odin, but it is full of JPs which are fun to play with but are no better than Trusts when it comes to communication at times. IDK I know they aren't going to anytime soon, would just like to see the next expansion announced around summer with the reduction of servers to like what 8 or 10?

you're one of those people. I hear there is a taru looking to be adopted for role play.
 Asura.Maximos
Server: Asura
user: UryuAsura
By Asura.Maximos 2015-01-16 14:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
Honestly guys I just want the community back to normal levels. I know content is meant now to be low manned, I know trusts are here to be our .Hack MMO Simulator buddies, I know long lines aren't fun, but having a larger player base just means more immersion and just means the community is more enjoyable to be around. As for server transferring, I did transfer to Odin, but it is full of JPs which are fun to play with but are no better than Trusts when it comes to communication at times. IDK I know they aren't going to anytime soon, would just like to see the next expansion announced around summer with the reduction of servers to like what 8 or 10?

you're one of those people. I hear there is a taru looking to be adopted for role play.

Lol, plenty of friends outside of FFXI, its just a game offers more immersion if the community is fuller. Plain and simple. Filling it with green npcs chasing around everyone doesn't exactly fill the void.
By Goltana101 2015-01-16 16:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »

Lol, plenty of friends outside of FFXI, its just a game offers more immersion if the community is fuller. Plain and simple. Filling it with green npcs chasing around everyone doesn't exactly fill the void.

You have no idea how quickly I would replace half of you players in a PUG if Lion Had Rudra's and had Ayame-type SC senses. Those green players are oftentimes more reliable than some humans. Joachim is a faithful Bard. Never an idle moment where he lets me go songless. Could I say the same about some of you? Not likely!
Server: Odin
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-16 18:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Server merge would be nice. What we lose in dynamis we'd make up for in delve spam / skirmish / vw 10 fold. The problem was that there was no new content so many quit. But whoever is here now is just gonna complain but they aren't going no where. Server merges would be awesome.
By Refia1 2015-01-16 18:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

we need contents... any1 agree?? more events to do cuz these we do them for almost a year already.
By Lizk 2015-01-16 18:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP FFXI

What are you guys going to play when the game dies this year?
Server: Odin
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-16 19:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lizk said: »
uote | Reply  | Report | Score: 0 +

Neo Sky and Neo Sea will give us a few more years of life.

Neo abysea. Just neo everything again.
By Blazed1979 2015-01-16 19:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazeoffury said: »
uote | Reply  | Report | Score: 0 +

Neo Sky and Neo Sea will give us a few more years of life.

Neo abysea. Just neo everything again.

Neo Ballista and I'm in.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-01-16 19:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP FFXI

Nothing . Explore the world.
 Siren.Dilandu
Server: Siren
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2015-01-16 23:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Server merge would be nice. What we lose in dynamis we'd make up for in delve spam / skirmish / vw 10 fold. The problem was that there was no new content so many quit. But whoever is here now is just gonna complain but they aren't going no where. Server merges would be awesome.

Some people may like the idea while others don't.

Refia1 said: »
we need contents... any1 agree?? more events to do cuz these we do them for almost a year already.

This is the problem with FF11. Adding new unity NMs that are just higher level of a normal monster is not new content. I'm at the point why do I even bother to play anymore. Good timing my sub ended today. No more login points or grinding for more mythics.

RIP FFXI

Plenty of games to play in the backlog. Playing Labyrinth of Touhou 2 right now. Still haven't finished Valkyria Chronicles for PC and The Legend of Heroes ***.
By Zackan 2015-02-02 09:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh the trusts leave a lot to be desired but they're alot better than nothing! Been lvling with my gf and the blm trusts won't even start casting spells unless you go melee a worm. Like wat.

Coffin is the best long term healer but he won't even cast protect and shell you have to summoner another whm for that...

Joachim will cast melee buffs unless he is low mana. Which is pointless if you're a mage.

At best they seem to speed up leveling which is great, and let you solo things that you would've had to duo or expend meds to solo. So that's good too. But it's not a replacement for players, even moderately bad ones. I consider all 3 about 1.5 players.

Sorry but I disagree. Kupipi is actually the best 'long term' healer. I will take Kupipi's STARLIGHT over F Coffins pathetic attempt at refresh any day. Not to mention Kupipi actually does what you mentioned F. Coffin doesnt do... She casts protect and shell. The trade off? No haste for you!

---
i develop this opinion based on skilling up from Uragnites in C Battlegrounds. I always do much better with Kupipi keeping me alive vs F Coffin doing it.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 09:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want a merge, as I don't think the problem is lack of players to do things with as much as lack of content.

The past few months, for the first time in all my years of playing, I've actually been really, really bored with nothing consequential to do. I'm not grinding any more REMs. I made a mythic finally, I've got several relics. I don't need another weapon to keep doing the same content.

We need new, interesting content with rewards that are more than sidegrades or dickhair-thin upgrades.
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 09:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Neo Sea

I will completely rage quit.

I. ***. hated. CoP endgame. A lot of it is personally circumstantial so I can let that go, but just...the colors alone. All those pastel colors and bright lights in Sea...it's, as I've always said, like Easter in Hell.™
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-02 09:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree they need more content released quicker, story content. Places. Etc. But each expansion is gonna take a lot of time to develop.

They had expansions in:
Three in 2010

we're about due for another one and people know it. There's also a lot of people who WANT the old content or versions of it to be hard again, but I realize that won't please everyone.

Lets be honest the Abyssea content isn't really an expansion. It really was the designed end game content of WoTG's storyline that got piecemealed in 3 easy installments. It was essentially a cash grab in an era of game development that was focused on maximizing profits.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-02 09:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Neo Sea

I will completely rage quit.

I. ***. hated. CoP endgame. A lot of it is personally circumstantial so I can let that go, but just...the colors alone. All those pastel colors and bright lights in Sea...it's, as I've always said, like Easter in Hell.™

Was also the worse effort v reward system.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-02 09:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

They added additions to Mog Gardens what more could you possibly want ?
By Ramyrez 2015-02-02 09:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
They added additions to Mog Gardens what more could you possibly want ?

I don't think I've even entered my mog garden in like four months.

Holy ***, it just ocurred to me what's going on.

They're transitioning XI from a solid MMO into Farmville + a social network for Japanese players.

/conspiracytheorygo
 leo
By leo 2015-02-02 10:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Before I stopped playing I was making a million gil per month with four mules and main char.
But you wanna hear what blew my top with FFXI?

Was the feeling of "duty" with the mog gardens shores.

I just said "screw you. I'm done." and froze the account. lol
[+]
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-02 10:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

leo said: »
Before I stopped playing I was making a million gil per month with four mules and main char.

At worst you have to get it to rank 7 as part of getting the silver shovel cordon then you can ignore it forever, I know I have. Very odd reason to quit! I will say 1m/month across 5 characters is absolutely terrible though considering you make more than double that off 1 Dynamis run.
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
Server: Leviathan
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2015-02-02 10:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How about them Mog Garden furrows!? Killing me
 leo
By leo 2015-02-02 10:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taidis said: »
leo said: »

At worst you have to get it to rank 7 as part of getting the silver shovel cordon then you can ignore it forever, I know I have. Very odd reason to quit! I will say 1m/month across 5 characters is absolutely terrible though considering you make more than double that off 1 Dynamis run.

Mog garden is something you attend for a fraction of your daily time. You add that to other activities and it's "another million" you make per month.

Obviously I was not doing it 100% of my time but the repetition was so brutal it added up to my burnout.