First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 80 81 82
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-08-10 18:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I already have a perfect Samnuha coat. I will probably just keep the vests as they are and toss them into storage until I want to play one of those other jobs.
 Asura.Nazantia
Server: Asura
user: Nazantia
By Asura.Nazantia 2016-08-31 04:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I just started playing again, trying to catch up to my usual NQ level of DNC gear. I'm still using Ipetam/Atoyac(or Polyhymnia for extreme acc). I leveled GEO and collected 900 skill so I could get invites to collect stuff I want.

I made a Rudra Senuna Cape (30 DEX 20Acc 20Att 10WSD), now I'm trying to decide on a TP cape. I'm getting the best numbers from 30DEX 20Acc 20Att 10STP (vs Apex Crab, STR is better vs weaker mobs, but I figure harder is what's important here). What kinda surprised me is that STP is better than Double Attack. I guess it makes sense with the Triple Attack gear, I just kinda wanted confirmation from someone that this is the best choice.
By minikomby 2016-09-09 14:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello guys

I need some help to modify a couple rules on my dnc lua.

Im using kinnematics and look like that is a bit old on haste rules for dnc so i need upgrade; lua doesnt have Might Guard, Haste II and Geo/indi haste stuff.

do you mind someone helping me out:

first part is this:

-- Called when a player gains or loses a buff.
-- buff == buff gained or lost
-- gain == true if the buff was gained, false if it was lost.
function job_buff_change(buff,gain)
-- If we gain or lose any haste buffs, adjust which gear set we target.
if S{'haste','march','embrava','haste samba'}:contains(buff:lower()) then
determine_haste_group()
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
elseif buff == 'Saber Dance' or buff == 'Climactic Flourish' then
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
end
end

second part is this:

function determine_haste_group()
-- We have three groups of DW in gear: Charis body, Charis neck + DW earrings, and Patentia Sash.

-- For high haste, we want to be able to drop one of the 10% groups (body, preferably).
-- High haste buffs:
-- 2x Marches + Haste
-- 2x Marches + Haste Samba
-- 1x March + Haste + Haste Samba
-- Embrava + any other haste buff

-- For max haste, we probably need to consider dropping all DW gear.
-- Max haste buffs:
-- Embrava + Haste/March + Haste Samba
-- 2x March + Haste + Haste Samba

classes.CustomMeleeGroups:clear()

if buffactive.embrava and (buffactive.haste or buffactive.march) and buffactive['haste samba'] then
classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('MaxHaste')
elseif buffactive.march == 2 and buffactive.haste and buffactive['haste samba'] then
classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('MaxHaste')
elseif buffactive.embrava and (buffactive.haste or buffactive.march or buffactive['haste samba']) then
classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('HighHaste')
elseif buffactive.march == 1 and buffactive.haste and buffactive['haste samba'] then
elseif buffactive.march == 2 and (buffactive.haste or buffactive['haste samba']) then
end
end
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-09-09 17:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This might cover what you are looking for:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48760/gearswap-lua/#3104073

(seems like the reason for the HasteMode is that there's no way for GS to tell between Haste and Haste II active buffs)
By Sockfoot 2016-09-19 15:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a good sTP number to be aiming for?

Edit: assuming capping delay with Haste I and merited HS (so 31% DW), and then again at max Haste effects (1% DW needed)

Edit 2: I may have figured out the formulas..

If Wpn1 delay = 220, Wpn2 delay = 183, 36% DW currently, with 27 sTP that should be 66 TP/hit needing >= 16 attacks to WS. If I add 2 sTP (29), that should be 67 TP/hit allowing me to WS in 15 attacks. I think?
By Sockfoot 2016-09-20 16:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sockfoot said: »
Is there a good sTP number to be aiming for?

Edit: assuming capping delay with Haste I and merited HS (so 31% DW), and then again at max Haste effects (1% DW needed)

Edit 2: I may have figured out the formulas..

If Wpn1 delay = 220, Wpn2 delay = 183, 36% DW currently, with 27 sTP that should be 66 TP/hit needing >= 16 attacks to WS. If I add 2 sTP (29), that should be 67 TP/hit allowing me to WS in 15 attacks. I think?

Answered my own question after some making a spreadsheet and figuring out how all the formulas work and mix in together!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-09-25 14:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

After hundreds of runs without getting capped Samnuha tights, today I got two pairs within 3 runs

on my mule.
[+]
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2016-10-03 18:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone happen to have the stats for Maju? I am looking to make a custom set for that level of content.
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2016-10-12 05:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
So in order to make Skinflayer into a 210 delay Taming Sari, you'd want:
18 <= Base Damage + STR/2
21~22 <= Acc + DEX*3/4
21/26~27 <= Atk + STR*3/4
1% <= TA

Edit: Thinking about it some more, Skinflayer will necessarily lose out on potential crit rate from dDEX and additional WS mods (STR, DEX, maybe AGI, etc.) You probably want to get one a bit better than the minimum listed above before you feel comfortable without a perfect Taming Sari.

I got a skinflayer, and the max Skinflayer augments are something more similar to:
10 STR or 10 DEX (up to 15 with Taupe)
20 Acc (up to 25 with Pellucid)
20 Atk (up to 25 with Pellucid)
3% TA (up to 4% with Fern? Did not see it in 250 attempts)
1~20 Base damage

That substantially constrains the ways to make it better than a perfect Sari. I spent 250 stones and got something that's lower base damage, lower acc, lower attack, and 2% higher TA than a Sari. It's probably worse than my Sari-1.

My skinflayer has 12dmg, 3TA, 15DEX, Att/acc~5. I'm assuming perf sari is still a better main hand? I've been lucky enough to get 2 perf sari's so I plan to DW them for the time being.

Also, how does aeonic rate as a mainhand for dancer? Is it worth making a twast or terps from scratch at this point if you have aeonic/perf sari?

Thanks in advance!
By BlaTheTaru 2016-10-27 02:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So we completed my wife's Terpischore and after glowed it this past week. She is proud, I'm proud, everyone is super proud. I think its the only one on the server(yay!). Here is the problem... I don't know much about gearing dnc. I'm a mythic blu that really only plays blu, and dabbles in cor. She is semi casual so there are a few things she is missing like Fotia neck, and Herc vest that we need to get in the future. When I play her char it feels like her tp gain is so slow even with capped acc/haste/AM3 up. I know dnc is capable of awesome things, but I need help getting her there. I'm going to post her current gearsets and any help would be appreciated.

Samnuha tights are perfect. She is offhanding a perfect taming also.
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-04 04:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Are steps a DPS loss unless you need steps for climactic/building flourish?
Is reverse flourish a DPS loss?

If a DPS loss, are they at least not a TP loss?
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-11-04 05:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

In theory, any action you take will affect your over all DPS of course but...
There are few hints and tweaks you can do to minimize the lost time of animation and JA for steps or DNC Ja in general.

Always try to use [presto+step] at start and during the animation of any WS like Rudra Storm. you have a small window during WS activation to squeeze in your steps always and minimize the lost attack rounds.
You just need to practice how to time your steps right and if you're an [EMA] holder you can build all your steps during 3k TP accumulation prior AM activation if debuffs is all you want or build a 3-4 step climactic.

Also try your best to accommodate Saber Dance+Haste Samba into your play style to minimize the gap between Ja's and white damage before the battle starts.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-11-04 07:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »
When I play her char it feels like her tp gain is so slow even with capped acc/haste/AM3 up.

Sorry for the late reply.

Are you making sure her she's delay capped under all levels of haste? Your engaged set would work fine under full magic haste, but under any other scenario, you should be adjusting dual wield levels to optimize attack speed.

The other thing you have to realize is you're coming from (assuming 1200+) BLU... you're likely used to the feel of STP5/DW5/TA traits. DNC gets DW4 (then an extra 5% DW from gifts) and that's about it. You could try to shave off a hit or two off of your x-build by borrowing some pieces from a set like this:

ItemSet 347565
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-11-04 10:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been saying this a lot in other threads, but I feel it's most applicable to DNC because Haste Samba. Has anybody considered single wielding in capped haste situations? I'm sure white damage + TP rate will go up. Pyrrhic Kleos will take a hit, so I'm not sure if it's worth it.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-11-04 10:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »
So we completed my wife's Terpischore and after glowed it this past week. She is proud, I'm proud, everyone is super proud. I think its the only one on the server(yay!). Here is the problem... I don't know much about gearing dnc. I'm a mythic blu that really only plays blu, and dabbles in cor. She is semi casual so there are a few things she is missing like Fotia neck, and Herc vest that we need to get in the future. When I play her char it feels like her tp gain is so slow even with capped acc/haste/AM3 up. I know dnc is capable of awesome things, but I need help getting her there. I'm going to post her current gearsets and any help would be appreciated.

Samnuha tights are perfect. She is offhanding a perfect taming also.

By quickly looking at TP sets I have few questions to ask:
How many JP does DNC have?
If its not master or above 550 you will most definitely need more DW with your current TP set.
This is a balanced set excluding Adhemar +1 of course and other neck, earring options.
All Herculean must have TA4 with minimum 10 DEX 15 ACC, ATTK
Its also plausible to use STP set with Mythic Weapons since their AM will take care of the multi hit gear easily if it was maintained at level 3 [Terp give ± 70 per hit so you might need to hit 80 STP in gear but personally i stay away from STP set]

ItemSet 347569

These questions revolve around the Playstyle, whats the frequency of steps during white damage phase (building TP)?
if you keep spamming steps and Ja in general during TP phase then you will suffer from DPS loss.

Does she incorporate NFR, Striking or Ternary Flourish in the process of multi sc build with Pyrrhic Kleos or Evi?
Dancer power revolves mainly around using multi sc outputs, any dancer should exploit that feature to boost DPS.
The same way climactic forces Rudra to be critical with the help of Empy head, Teranry and Striking applies DA on multi hit ws like PK and EV.

This will have a major impact on the damage output in general.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-11-22 03:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

@Snaps
This stance was tested by Byrth before:
Okay, various Twashtar combos re-jiggered for Rudra's TP:

/NIN:
AM3 Twashtar/Taming : 1550 TP optimal (2600 -5% DPS) : 3254 DPS
AM1 Twashtar/Taming : 1550 TP optimal (2600 -6% DPS) : 3071 DPS
AM3 Twashtar/Airy : ~Flat from 1700 to 2600 TP : 3570 DPS
AM1 Twashtar/Airy : 1700 TP optimal (2600 TP -1% DPS) : 3220 DPS

/WAR:
AM3 Twashtar/Taming : 1550 TP optimal (2600 -5% DPS) : 3262 DPS
AM1 Twashtar/Taming : 1550 TP optimal (2600 -6% DPS) : 3085 DPS
AM3 Twashtar/Airy : 2550 TP optimal (1600 -0.5% DPS) : 3642 DPS
AM1 Twashtar/Airy : 1650 TP optimal (2550 -1% DPS) : 3278 DPS

/SAM:
AM3 Twashtar/Taming : 1550 TP optimal (2600 -5% DPS) : 3345 DPS
AM1 Twashtar/Taming : 1550 TP optimal (2600 -6% DPS): 3172 DPS
AM3 Twashtar/Airy : 2600 TP optimal (1550 -0.5% DPS) : 3642 DPS
AM1 Twashtar/Airy : 1650 TP optimal (2600 -1% DPS) : 3295 DPS

So if you can't Berserk or you're attack capped, /SAM is better than /WAR with Twashtar single wield. Yet again, /NIN is a 2% DPS hit.

It is very interesting how flat most of these distributions are, which indicates that holding TP for skillchain (or just general overage) has essentially no downside. For comparison, the /NIN AM3 Terpsichore/Twashtar minimum TP : DPS relationship
1000 TP : 3761 DPS (optimal)
1120 TP : 3559 DPS (approximate /NIN AM3 Twashtar/Airy parity)
1500 TP : 3133 DPS
2000 TP : 2761 DPS
2500 TP : 2520 DPS
3000 TP : 2348 DPS

So if you're not being super efficient with your TP usage, it's possible that Terpsi/Twashtar is worse than Twashtar/Airy. I don't know how I feel about losing the extra FMs from Terpsi, but I think this is a high potential playstyle that might be worth messing around with.

And this:
Upgraded Terpsichore quickly after maint (1 Beitetsu) and finished Twashtar this morning (10,000 Boulders). Thanks go out to Lenus, Kathee, Tye, Miang, and not Stepth.

Terpsichore / Twashtar has about the same DPS as Terpsichore/Taming Sari (perfect augments) with the below conditions, but has consistent Acc on both hands and doesn't require uncapped fSTR. For this reason, I didn't consider Taming as an offhand to Terpsi.

Spreadsheet conditions:
WSs: Terpsi mainhand spams PK, Twash spams Rudra's
Capped Acc (Favors Taming Sari combos)
Capped Attack (No particular WS or combo favored)
Uncapped fSTR (Favors Taming Sari combos)

For DNC/NIN:
* AM3 Terpsichore/Twashtar (3761)
* AM3 Terpsichore/Airy (3476)
* Terpsichore/Twashtar (3341)
* AM3 Twashtar/Airy (3231)
* AM3 Twashtar/Taming (3123)
* AM1 Twashtar/Taming (2969)
* AM1 Twashtar/Airy (2933)
* Terpsichore/Airy (2929)

For DNC/WAR:
* AM3 Terpsichore/Twashtar (3774)
* AM3 Terpsichore/Airy (3508)
* AM3 Twashtar/Airy (3360)
* Terpsichore/Twashtar (3353)
* AM3 Twashtar/Taming (3130)
* AM1 Twashtar/Airy (2998)
* AM1 Twashtar/Taming (2975)
* Terpsichore/Airy (2958)

For DNC/SAM:
* AM3 Terpsichore/Twashtar (3865)
* AM3 Terpsichore/Airy (3561)
* Terpsichore/Twashtar (3433)
* AM3 Twashtar/Airy (3251)
* AM3 Twashtar/Taming (3202)
* AM1 Twashtar/Taming (3052)
* AM1 Twashtar/Airy (2966)
* Terpsichore/Airy (2985)

So Shield is really only good if you have AM3 up (for both weapons), and it's better to be using both weapons with AM3 than Weapon + shield if you have both. Twashtar/Airy combos are slightly underestimated on /WAR because they would have more impressive CF Rudra's due to Fencer (and DDing in FFXI isn't really a constant DPS race as much as a race to make the most impressive skillchains possible).

Consistent with every time I've looked at a spreadsheet forever, our subjob choice has a minor effect on our parse at best. Up to you whether the 3% increase in DPS from changing your subjob from NIN to SAM is worth losing shadows.

pDIF has changed, but it's unlikely that the changes will have any real effect on this hierarchy because both WS sets have approximately the same Attack.

Edit: Also, all the Twashtar combos are slightly underestimated because I didn't optimize TP overage for Rudra's. It looks like it's optimal to use Rudra's around 1500 TP when using Twashtar/Taming with AM1 /SAM, for instance. I had it at 1000 3170 DPS vs. 3052 above). 3345 vs. 3202 for AM3.

Edit2: Twashtar/Airy with AM3 has DPS so high that you should be using Rudra's at 2600 TP when /SAM+NIN or 2550 TP when /WAR (all ~3642DPS). This actually has the potential to be a really interesting and collaborative playstyle, because it substantially decreases your optimal WS frequency (but not TP gain frequency) and should make skillchaining easier as a result. Indefinitely holding TP (except for AM activation) would result in 2507 DPS. There's only a 2% increase in DPS moving from WSing at 1500 to WSing at 2600 TP, which means you have substantial latitude for skillchaining.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-11-22 05:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll note that for whatever reason single wielding always seems to do worse in practice than it should on paper.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-22 05:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean you parse lower than expected from the spreadsheet?
Is this because of something missing in the model used in the spreadsheet? Where do you think the mistake could be?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-11-22 06:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, in theory Twashtar/Airy is a more forgiving build playstyle-wise.

The last time I did it, I had two guesses:
1) My Rudra's set wasn't perfect yet.
2) Haste Samba doesn't apply to the attack round after a WS.

I have kind of suspected the second one for quite a while, but not tested it.
 Bahamut.Flareon
Server: Bahamut
user: Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2016-11-22 17:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain me the sense behind Airy?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-11-22 17:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf else are you going to use?
 Bahamut.Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2016-11-23 16:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta rephrase it... what's the reason to single wield Twashtar?
Preventing TP gain penalty from dual wield?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-11-24 06:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. 100% of your hits get AM, you almost still cap delay, and you get more TP/hit. Rudra's also benefits from Fencer if you /War.
[+]
 Bahamut.Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2016-11-24 18:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... that's a due answer... ty Byrth
By Sidra 2016-11-26 11:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, new to DNC and getting a .lua working, as of now I am using Byrth's example one that came in the Gearswap examples folder. In the below Gearswap for dummies thread, I found a few lines to auto-presto on step use, but I pasted it in and it isn't doing anything. Does anyone have working code for this feature?
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2016-11-28 11:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I use.

Code
function job_pretarget(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.type == 'Step' then
        local allRecasts = windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts()
        local prestoCooldown = allRecasts[236]
        local under5FMs = not buffactive['Finishing Move 6'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 7']

if player.main_job_level >= 77 and prestoCooldown < 1 and under5FMs then
            cast_delay(1.1)
            send_command('input /ja "Presto" <me>')
        end
    end
end
By Sidra 2016-11-28 18:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So put this in...not doing anything. What are the other reqs for this to work? Perhaps my lua is missing other required pieces? Using Byrth's that comes in the examples folder. Added these things in 458.
Code
function get_sets()
    -------------------  JA Sets  ----------------------
    sets.JA = {}
    sets.JA.Precast_Waltz = {legs="Desultor Tassets"}

waltz_mode = 0
    sets.JA.Waltz = {}
    sets.JA.Waltz[0] = {body="Maxixi Casaque +1",feet="Maxixi Shoes"}

sets.JA.Waltz[1] = {body="Maxixi Casaque +1",feet="Maxixi Shoes"}

sets.JA.Samba = {head="Maxixi Tiara +1"}

sets.JA.Jig = {feet="Maxixi Shoes"}

sets.JA.Step = {}

sets.JA['Feather Step'] = {}

sets.JA['No Foot Rise'] = {}

sets.JA['Climactic Flourish'] = {}

sets.JA['Striking Flourish'] = {}

sets.JA['Reverse Flourish'] = {}

sets.JA['Violent Flourish'] = {}

sets.JA.Trance = {}

------------------  Idle Sets  ---------------------
    sets.Idle = {}
    sets.Idle.index = {'Normal','MP','MDT'}
    Idle_ind = 1
    sets.Idle.Normal = {ammo="Ginsen",
    head="Meghanada Visor",
    body="Meghanada Cuirie",
    hands={ name="Adhemar Wristbands", augments={'STR+10','DEX+10','Attack+15',}},
    legs={ name="Samnuha Tights", augments={'STR+8','DEX+9','"Dbl.Atk."+3','"Triple Atk."+2',}},
    feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Accuracy+23 Attack+23','Crit. hit damage +2%','DEX+6',}},
    neck="Lissome Necklace",
    waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
    left_ear="Steelflash Earring",
    right_ear="Bladeborn Earring",
    left_ring="Warp Ring",
    right_ring="Shneddick Ring",
    back={ name="Senuna's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Crit.hit rate+10',}},}

sets.Idle.MP = {ammo="Ginsen",
    head="Meghanada Visor",
    body="Meghanada Cuirie",
    legs={ name="Samnuha Tights", augments={'STR+8','DEX+9','"Dbl.Atk."+3','"Triple Atk."+2',}},
    feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Accuracy+23 Attack+23','Crit. hit damage +2%','DEX+6',}},
    neck="Lissome Necklace",
    waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
    left_ring="Warp Ring",
    back={ name="Senuna's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Crit.hit rate+10',}},}

sets.Idle.MDT={ammo="Ginsen",
    head="Meghanada Visor",
    body="Meghanada Cuirie",
    neck="Lissome Necklace",
    waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
    left_ring="Warp Ring",

-------------------  TP Sets  ----------------------
    sets.TP={}
    sets.TP.index = {'Normal','Acc','DT','Eva'}
    TP_ind = 1

sets.TP.Normal = {ammo="Ginsen",
    head="Meghanada Visor",
    body="Meghanada Cuirie",
    neck="Subtlety Spec.",
    waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
    left_ring="Chirich Ring",
    right_ring="Petrov Ring",

sets.TP.Acc = {ammo="Ginsen",
    head="Meghanada Visor",
    body="Meghanada Cuirie",
    neck="Subtlety Spec.",
    waist="Sailfi Belt +1",

sets.TP.DT = {ammo="Ginsen",
    head="Meghanada Visor",
    body="Meghanada Cuirie",
    neck="Subtlety Spec.",
    waist="Sailfi Belt +1",

sets.TP.Eva = {ammo="Ginsen",
    head="Meghanada Visor",
    body="Meghanada Cuirie",
    neck="Subtlety Spec.",
    waist="Sailfi Belt +1",

sets.TP['Haste Cap'] = {ammo="Ginsen",
    head="Meghanada Visor",
    body="Meghanada Cuirie",
    neck="Subtlety Spec.",
    waist="Sailfi Belt +1",

-------------------  WS Sets  ----------------------
    sets.WS={}

sets.WS.Exenterator = {Moonshade=false}

sets.WS.Exenterator[0] = {}

sets.WS.Exenterator[1] = }

sets.WS.Exenterator[2] = {}

sets.WS.Evisceration = {Moonshade=true}

sets.WS.Evisceration[0] = {}

sets.WS.Evisceration[1] = {}

sets.WS.Evisceration[2] = {}

sets.WS['Pyrrhic Kleos'] = {Moonshade=false}

sets.WS['Pyrrhic Kleos'][0] = {main={ name="Taming Sari", augments={'STR+9','DEX+8','DMG:+14',}},
    sub={ name="Enchufla", augments={'DMG:+15','STR+15','Accuracy+10',}},
    ammo="Ginsen",
    head="Meghanada Visor",
    body="Meghanada Cuirie",
    neck="Soil Gorget",
    waist="Fotia Belt",
    left_ring="Apate Ring",
    right_ring="Rajas Ring",

sets.WS['Pyrrhic Kleos'][1] = {main={ name="Taming Sari", augments={'STR+9','DEX+8','DMG:+14',}},
    ammo="Ginsen",
    head="Meghanada Visor",
    body="Meghanada Cuirie",
    neck="Soil Gorget",
    waist="Fotia Belt",
    left_ring="Apate Ring",
    right_ring="Rajas Ring",

sets.WS['Pyrrhic Kleos'][2] = {main={ name="Taming Sari", augments={'STR+9','DEX+8','DMG:+14',}},
    ammo="Ginsen",
    head="Meghanada Visor",
    body="Meghanada Cuirie",
    neck="Soil Gorget",
    waist="Fotia Belt",
    left_ring="Apate Ring",
    right_ring="Rajas Ring",

sets.WS['Dancing Edge'] = {Moonshade=false}

sets.WS['Dancing Edge'][0] = {}

sets.WS['Aeolian Edge'] = {Moonshade=nil}

sets.WS['Aeolian Edge'][0] = {}

sets.WS["Rudra's Storm"] = {Moonshade=true}

sets.WS["Rudra's Storm"][0] = {    }

sets.WS.Mad_w_moon = {}
    sets.WS.Mad_wo_moon = {}

-------------------  MA Sets  ----------------------
    sets.MA={}

sets.MA.Utsusemi = {}

sets.MA.FastCast = {}

sets.tengu = {}

end

function precast(spell)
    if spell.action_type == 'Magic' then
        equip(sets.MA.FastCast)
        if string.find(spell.name,'Utsusemi') then
            equip({neck="Magoraga Beads"})
        end
    elseif spell.type == 'Waltz' then
        if buffactive['saber dance'] then
            windower.ffxi.cancel_buff(410)
        end
        equip(sets.JA.Precast_Waltz)
    elseif spell.type == 'Samba' and buffactive['fan dance'] then
        windower.ffxi.cancel_buff(411)
    elseif spell.name == 'Spectral Jig' and buffactive.sneak then
        windower.ffxi.cancel_buff(71)
    end
end

function filtered_action(spell)
    cancel_spell()
end

function midcast(spell)
    if sets.JA[spell.name] then
        equip(sets.JA[spell.name])
        if spell.name == "Feather Step" then
            tengu_handler()
        end
    elseif sets.WS[spell.name] then
        if sets.WS[spell.name][atk_lvl] then
            equip(sets.WS[spell.name][atk_lvl])
        elseif sets.WS[spell.name][0] then
            equip(sets.WS[spell.name][0])
        end
        if spell.name == 'Exenterator' or spell.name == "Pyrrhic Kleos" then
            tengu_handler()
        end
        if buffactive['Madrigal'] and sets.WS[spell.name].Moonshade == true then
            equip(sets.WS.Mad_w_moon)
        elseif buffactive['Madrigal'] and sets.WS[spell.name].Moonshade == false then
            equip(sets.WS.Mad_wo_moon)
        end
    elseif spell.type=='Jig' then
        equip(sets.JA.Jig)
    elseif spell.type=='Samba' then
        equip(sets.JA.Samba)
    elseif spell.type=='Waltz' then
        equip(sets.JA.Waltz[waltz_mode])
    elseif spell.type=='Step' then
        equip(sets.JA.Step)
        tengu_handler()
    elseif string.find(spell.name,'Utsusemi') then
        equip(sets.MA.Utsusemi)
    elseif string.find(spell.name,'Monomi') then
        send_command('@wait 1.7;cancel 71')
    end

if spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' then
        if buffactive['climactic flourish'] then
            equip(sets.JA['Climactic Flourish'])
        elseif buffactive['striking flourish'] then
            equip(sets.JA['Striking Flourish'])
        end
    end
end

function tengu_handler()
    if world.time >= 360 and world.time < 1080 then -- 6~18
        equip(sets.tengu)
    end
end

function aftercast(spell)
    local dur,id
    if not spell or not spell.name then windower.add_to_chat(8,'Not spell') return end
    if spell.name:sub(1,11) == 'Chocobo Jig' and (not dur_table['Chocobo Jig'] or not dur_table['Chocobo Jig'] == 190) then
        id = 176
        dur = 190
    elseif spell.name == 'Spectral Jig' and (not dur_table['Spectral Jig'] or not dur_table['Spectral Jig'] == 270) then
        id = 69
        dur = 270
        send_command('st setduration 71 269;')
    elseif spell.name:sub(7,11) == 'Samba' then
        if spell.name:sub(1,11) == 'Drain Samba' then
            id = 368
            if #spell.name == 11 and (not dur_table['Drain Samba'] or not dur_table['Drain Samba'] == 165) then
                dur = 165
                dur_table['Drain Samba'] = 165
            elseif not dur['Drain Samba'] or not dur['Drain Samba'] == 135 then
                dur = 135
                dur_table['Drain Samba'] = 135
            end
        elseif spell.name:sub(1,11) == 'Aspir Samba' then
            id = 369
            if #spell.name == 11 and (not dur_table['Aspir Samba'] or not dur_table['Aspir Samba'] == 165) then
                dur = 165
                dur_table['Aspir Samba'] = 165
            elseif not dur['Aspir Samba'] or not dur['Aspir Samba'] == 135 then
                dur = 135
                dur_table['Aspir Samba'] = 135
            end
        elseif spell.name == 'Haste Samba' and (not dur_table['Haste Samba'] or not dur_table['Haste Samba'] == 135) then
            id = 370
            dur = 135
            dur_table['Haste Samba'] = 135
        end

--        if buffactive['saber dance'] then
--            dur = math.floor(dur*1.2)
--        end
    elseif spell.name == 'Trance' and (not dur_table['Trance'] or not dur_table['Trance'] == 80) then
        id = 376
        dur = 80
        dur_table['Trance'] = 165
--    elseif spell.name == 'Grand Pas' then
--        id = 507
--        dur = 60
--    elseif spell.name == 'Presto' then
--        id = 442
--        dur = 30
    end
    if id then
        send_command('st setduration '..id..' '..(dur-1)..';')
    end

if player.status=='Engaged' then
        equip_TP_set()
    else
        equip(sets.Idle[sets.Idle.index[Idle_ind]])
    end
end

function status_change(new,old)
    if new == 'Engaged' then
        equip_TP_set()
    else
    end
end

function equip_TP_set()
    if TP_ind == 1 and ( (buffactive['march'] == 2 and buffactive['haste']) or (buffactive['march'] and buffactive['embrava'] and buffactive['haste']) ) then
        sets.TP.index = {'Normal','Acc','DT','Eva','Haste Cap'}
        TP_ind = 5
    else
        sets.TP.index = {'Normal','Acc','DT','Eva'}
        if TP_ind == 5 then TP_ind = 1 end
    end
    equip(sets.TP[sets.TP.index[TP_ind]])
    tengu_handler()
end

function buff_change(buff,gain)
    if gain and not midaction() and TP_ind == 1 and ( (buffactive['march'] == 2 and buffactive['haste']) or (buffactive['march'] and buffactive['embrava'] and buffactive['haste']) ) then
        equip_TP_set()
    end
end

-- Automatically use Presto for steps when it's available and we have less than 3 finishing moves
function job_pretarget(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.type == 'Step' then
        local allRecasts = windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts()
        local prestoCooldown = allRecasts[236]
        local under5FMs = not buffactive['Finishing Move 6'] and not buffactive['Finishing Move 7']

if player.main_job_level >= 77 and prestoCooldown < 1 and under5FMs then
            cast_delay(1.1)
            send_command('input /ja "Presto" <me>')
        end
    end
end

function self_command(command)
    if command == 'toggle TP set' then
        TP_ind = TP_ind +1
        if TP_ind > #sets.TP.index then TP_ind = 1 end
        windower.add_to_chat(8,'----- TP Set changed to '..sets.TP.index[TP_ind]..' -----')
    elseif command == 'toggle TP set back' then
        TP_ind = TP_ind -1
        if TP_ind < 1 then TP_ind = #sets.TP.index end
        windower.add_to_chat(8,'----- TP Set changed to '..sets.TP.index[TP_ind]..' -----')
    elseif command == 'toggle Idle set' then
        Idle_ind = Idle_ind +1
        if Idle_ind > #sets.Idle.index then Idle_ind = 1 end
        windower.add_to_chat(8,'----- Idle Set changed to '..sets.Idle.index[Idle_ind]..' -----')
    elseif command == 'equip TP set' then
        equip_TP_set()
    elseif command == 'waltz_mode' then
        waltz_mode = (waltz_mode + 1)%2
        if waltz_mode == 1 then
            windower.add_to_chat(8,'----- Waltz Efficiency Setting -----')
        else
            windower.add_to_chat(8,'----- Waltz Recast Setting (Default) -----')
        end
    end
end
By Zyx1337 2016-12-09 07:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

How's DNC these days? I'm seriously considering building its mythic. I've been playing BST and have 90% of what's needed to turn in to complete a mythic but really feeling the itch to play a melee class that has DW. As much as I want to melee BST I know it's not super effective.

So how's DNC damage and end game? Also it appears mythic is BIS with twash off hand?

Thanks for any input / info.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-09 10:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Get yourself a good -DT set, on a panic button. Between that, Fan Dance, and Waltzes, you should have amazing survivability. You might do less DPS than a BLU, but you do more than him when he's dead. The number one issue I see with DDs is a lack of survivability due to not wanting to use -DT gear because "it hurts my DPS".

In parties with decently geared BLU, you'll want to hold Pyrrhic Kleos for every other Chant du Cygne, so that you're getting your WS off between his Light skillchains. The odds of doing Darkness with a BLU in the party are low outside of stuff where you specifically need one of those damage types.

DNC can put out a significant amount of DPS. Kleos does a good deal of damage. The problem with doing DNC in most content is a) people want BLUs, even if the BLU in question is actually worse than you, because "it's the best" and/or they can't do anything but specific strategies due to poor gearing, skill, or stubbornness; b) unless everyone is just spamming WSes as soon as they get TP and not caring about chaining, you'll often find yourself either having to WS between Light skillchains or relegated to closing Double Darkness with Rudra's Storm with Building Flourish and Climactic Flourish, when Flourish III is off cooldown; c) having to use Waltzes, at all, in any capacity, will lower your DPS. If ***is going so south that you must Waltz like everyone's lives depend on it, there are enough people who only care about parses to give you ***over your low DPS (since healing is something a lot don't consider, since they have a very narrow, stunted view of things); d) Tanking falls under the same reasons as c, but I feel like noting in a separate point.

The mythic is the better choice over the empyrean dagger, in my opinion. Not only does having to perform fewer job abilities to cap Finishing Moves have a significant impact, given how much JA Lock screws you in both DPS and eating up time when you could be doing other things -- 2 Steps and a Reverse Flourish versus 3 Steps and then a Reverse Flourish can be the difference between getting a Waltz off in time or not -- the Occasionally Attacks Twice or Thrice means higher TP income, which means more frequent weapon skills, and more TP for Waltzes. It also means that you lose less DPS if you're forced to swap out DD gear for -DT gear, because the up to .8 additional attacks per round on that hand, on average, make up for it. It also makes low accuracy situations less stressful, as you retain more TP income. This is also why I recommend Blurred +1 or Atoyac as offhands, especially if you find yourself tanking, and I apologize for my advice, as I spent years as the tank/DD out of a DNC, WHM, and GEO trio, so most of my view on DNC is as a highly survivable DD, or a tank that's expected to put out good damage, depending on how you want to look at it.

Having 2.8 or 3.2 attacks per round, on average, without any DA/TA/QA gear, is very, very nice. A good set of herculean with -%DT on it means you can keep high attack average, while getting a good chunk of -DT, while keeping a good hit rate. Throw on a Defending Ring, and you're at up to 30% DT without major accuracy loss. Or a Twilight Torque instead, and that's up to 25%. With Fan Dance up,with a good set of herculean, or other comparable DT gear you can get -40% PDT with the Torque, -44% PDT with a Defending Ring, or up to -48% PDT with both of them. Depending on how much accuracy you need, and how much support you have, you might not even need the Herculean.

Your role as a Dancer, from my recent experience in the last year, is to deal damage, either via white damage, or skillchains, particularly closing a Double Darkness, while being able to contribute to the survivability of others. Your Waltzes mean the White Mage can focus more on healing the Tank, if the rest of the party is taking little damage, or you can use Divine Waltzes to help top off the party to help save MP. With a good enmity set, and /WAR you can be a back up or off tank. Depending on what the fight is, you can actually tank just fine, as long as people are willing to meter their DPS.

You're front-line support, with less focus on the support and more on the front-line part. It's a fun job, it's a varied job, and it can deal damage. It's just not must-have BLU, doesn't have any magic damage outside of skillchains, has to be in range of AoE attacks and auras to function, and even with a really good MAB set, you still have poor AoE damage with Aeolian Edge.

That was rambling, probably often redundant, and possibly less then you wanted in the actual advice department. Byrth and Skudo will correct me and provide a better perspective, I'm sure.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-09 10:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Evisceration -> CDC is Darkness, so intelligent BLUs can do twice as many skillchains if they go off Evisc and neither of you have to hold TP. If you ever want to trade positions with them, use Rudra's to double darkness off that and then go back to using Evisceration.
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 80 81 82