2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 80 81 82
By Darksparksnot 2016-12-09 11:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
You might do less DPS than a BLU, but you do more than him when he's dead.

You make it sound like blu is some kind of paper armor job when in fact is one of the sturdiest, stop reading right here to avoid brain damage.
By Zyx1337 2016-12-09 12:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Very thorough response and I truly appreciate it. You've made me excited to play DNC and build its mythic. Thanks a ton for the input.

Only one question? The offhand as blurred +1 is it worth it ? I saw some math the the day where it actually on equates to about 8% DA or something very unimpressive. (I put my blurred axe +1 on AH when I saw the math)

What other off hanf do you suggest ? Twash III or a taming sari til then?

Get yourself a good -DT set, on a panic button. Between that, Fan Dance, and Waltzes, you should have amazing survivability. You might do less DPS than a BLU, but you do more than him when he's dead. The number one issue I see with DDs is a lack of survivability due to not wanting to use -DT gear because "it hurts my DPS".

In parties with decently geared BLU, you'll want to hold Pyrrhic Kleos for every other Chant du Cygne, so that you're getting your WS off between his Light skillchains. The odds of doing Darkness with a BLU in the party are low outside of stuff where you specifically need one of those damage types.

DNC can put out a significant amount of DPS. Kleos does a good deal of damage. The problem with doing DNC in most content is a) people want BLUs, even if the BLU in question is actually worse than you, because "it's the best" and/or they can't do anything but specific strategies due to poor gearing, skill, or stubbornness; b) unless everyone is just spamming WSes as soon as they get TP and not caring about chaining, you'll often find yourself either having to WS between Light skillchains or relegated to closing Double Darkness with Rudra's Storm with Building Flourish and Climactic Flourish, when Flourish III is off cooldown; c) having to use Waltzes, at all, in any capacity, will lower your DPS. If ***is going so south that you must Waltz like everyone's lives depend on it, there are enough people who only care about parses to give you ***over your low DPS (since healing is something a lot don't consider, since they have a very narrow, stunted view of things); d) Tanking falls under the same reasons as c, but I feel like noting in a separate point.

The mythic is the better choice over the empyrean dagger, in my opinion. Not only does having to perform fewer job abilities to cap Finishing Moves have a significant impact, given how much JA Lock screws you in both DPS and eating up time when you could be doing other things -- 2 Steps and a Reverse Flourish versus 3 Steps and then a Reverse Flourish can be the difference between getting a Waltz off in time or not -- the Occasionally Attacks Twice or Thrice means higher TP income, which means more frequent weapon skills, and more TP for Waltzes. It also means that you lose less DPS if you're forced to swap out DD gear for -DT gear, because the up to .8 additional attacks per round on that hand, on average, make up for it. It also makes low accuracy situations less stressful, as you retain more TP income. This is also why I recommend Blurred +1 or Atoyac as offhands, especially if you find yourself tanking, and I apologize for my advice, as I spent years as the tank/DD out of a DNC, WHM, and GEO trio, so most of my view on DNC is as a highly survivable DD, or a tank that's expected to put out good damage, depending on how you want to look at it.

Having 2.8 or 3.2 attacks per round, on average, without any DA/TA/QA gear, is very, very nice. A good set of herculean with -%DT on it means you can keep high attack average, while getting a good chunk of -DT, while keeping a good hit rate. Throw on a Defending Ring, and you're at up to 30% DT without major accuracy loss. Or a Twilight Torque instead, and that's up to 25%. With Fan Dance up,with a good set of herculean, or other comparable DT gear you can get -40% PDT with the Torque, -44% PDT with a Defending Ring, or up to -48% PDT with both of them. Depending on how much accuracy you need, and how much support you have, you might not even need the Herculean.

Your role as a Dancer, from my recent experience in the last year, is to deal damage, either via white damage, or skillchains, particularly closing a Double Darkness, while being able to contribute to the survivability of others. Your Waltzes mean the White Mage can focus more on healing the Tank, if the rest of the party is taking little damage, or you can use Divine Waltzes to help top off the party to help save MP. With a good enmity set, and /WAR you can be a back up or off tank. Depending on what the fight is, you can actually tank just fine, as long as people are willing to meter their DPS.

You're front-line support, with less focus on the support and more on the front-line part. It's a fun job, it's a varied job, and it can deal damage. It's just not must-have BLU, doesn't have any magic damage outside of skillchains, has to be in range of AoE attacks and auras to function, and even with a really good MAB set, you still have poor AoE damage with Aeolian Edge.

That was rambling, probably often redundant, and possibly less then you wanted in the actual advice department. Byrth and Skudo will correct me and provide a better perspective, I'm sure.
By hobo 2016-12-09 14:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Capped Taming Sari is amazing offhand, if you have the gil to throw at at twash III then yes get it.

Blurred +1 stuff is mostly a gil sink and trap except for very specific situations like melee cor offhand
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-12-09 16:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Get yourself a good -DT set, on a panic button. Between that, Fan Dance, and Waltzes, you should have amazing survivability. You might do less DPS than a BLU, but you do more than him when he's dead. The number one issue I see with DDs is a lack of survivability due to not wanting to use -DT gear because "it hurts my DPS".

In parties with decently geared BLU, you'll want to hold Pyrrhic Kleos for every other Chant du Cygne, so that you're getting your WS off between his Light skillchains. The odds of doing Darkness with a BLU in the party are low outside of stuff where you specifically need one of those damage types.

DNC can put out a significant amount of DPS. Kleos does a good deal of damage. The problem with doing DNC in most content is a) people want BLUs, even if the BLU in question is actually worse than you, because "it's the best" and/or they can't do anything but specific strategies due to poor gearing, skill, or stubbornness; b) unless everyone is just spamming WSes as soon as they get TP and not caring about chaining, you'll often find yourself either having to WS between Light skillchains or relegated to closing Double Darkness with Rudra's Storm with Building Flourish and Climactic Flourish, when Flourish III is off cooldown; c) having to use Waltzes, at all, in any capacity, will lower your DPS. If ***is going so south that you must Waltz like everyone's lives depend on it, there are enough people who only care about parses to give you ***over your low DPS (since healing is something a lot don't consider, since they have a very narrow, stunted view of things); d) Tanking falls under the same reasons as c, but I feel like noting in a separate point.

The mythic is the better choice over the empyrean dagger, in my opinion. Not only does having to perform fewer job abilities to cap Finishing Moves have a significant impact, given how much JA Lock screws you in both DPS and eating up time when you could be doing other things -- 2 Steps and a Reverse Flourish versus 3 Steps and then a Reverse Flourish can be the difference between getting a Waltz off in time or not -- the Occasionally Attacks Twice or Thrice means higher TP income, which means more frequent weapon skills, and more TP for Waltzes. It also means that you lose less DPS if you're forced to swap out DD gear for -DT gear, because the up to .8 additional attacks per round on that hand, on average, make up for it. It also makes low accuracy situations less stressful, as you retain more TP income. This is also why I recommend Blurred +1 or Atoyac as offhands, especially if you find yourself tanking, and I apologize for my advice, as I spent years as the tank/DD out of a DNC, WHM, and GEO trio, so most of my view on DNC is as a highly survivable DD, or a tank that's expected to put out good damage, depending on how you want to look at it.

Having 2.8 or 3.2 attacks per round, on average, without any DA/TA/QA gear, is very, very nice. A good set of herculean with -%DT on it means you can keep high attack average, while getting a good chunk of -DT, while keeping a good hit rate. Throw on a Defending Ring, and you're at up to 30% DT without major accuracy loss. Or a Twilight Torque instead, and that's up to 25%. With Fan Dance up,with a good set of herculean, or other comparable DT gear you can get -40% PDT with the Torque, -44% PDT with a Defending Ring, or up to -48% PDT with both of them. Depending on how much accuracy you need, and how much support you have, you might not even need the Herculean.

Your role as a Dancer, from my recent experience in the last year, is to deal damage, either via white damage, or skillchains, particularly closing a Double Darkness, while being able to contribute to the survivability of others. Your Waltzes mean the White Mage can focus more on healing the Tank, if the rest of the party is taking little damage, or you can use Divine Waltzes to help top off the party to help save MP. With a good enmity set, and /WAR you can be a back up or off tank. Depending on what the fight is, you can actually tank just fine, as long as people are willing to meter their DPS.

You're front-line support, with less focus on the support and more on the front-line part. It's a fun job, it's a varied job, and it can deal damage. It's just not must-have BLU, doesn't have any magic damage outside of skillchains, has to be in range of AoE attacks and auras to function, and even with a really good MAB set, you still have poor AoE damage with Aeolian Edge.

That was rambling, probably often redundant, and possibly less then you wanted in the actual advice department. Byrth and Skudo will correct me and provide a better perspective, I'm sure.

Great way to put it, but I would most definitely debate main hand Twashtar over Terp; for shorter fights Twashtar always wins no matter what you do.

[Most fights these days dont even last that long for maintenance issues]

• Terp requires a TP set focused mainly on STP rather than Multi-Hit in order not to offset the OAT AM3 from it, your play style will also be way different when utilizing a Mythic over Empy.

• You have to choose which [WS] you want to utilize and by looking at Rudra's Mods and the core Attributes of DNC [DEX], its safe to assume that building a DEX based DNC and utilizing Empy will yield a better over all DPS especially with smart DD partners who understand the devastating power of climactic double dark and the 5% Critical Boost from AG.

• If you play solo on the other hand, Terp will push a head, less steps ==> more slots for waltz and other JA's to stay alive and tank efficiently.[Maintenance achieved]

The beauty of Dancer comes from its insane skillchain damage output and how [Gifts and DEX]are the building blocks of Criticals, its also extremely versatile and can fit in pure DPS or hybrid roles in end content.

If you partner up with smart DD's you most definitely will appreciate Twashtar over Terp and use it for THF too, but if its lolSPamBrainless DD WSga and/or ForeverAloneSolo then Terp is your best choice.
By Zyx1337 2016-12-09 20:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, I'll just build both to try and get a feel for it. Terp I'll build first though since I've got the means to complete it quickly.

I'll probably be duoing with my brother mostly so I do appreciate the utility it offers.

Thanks for the deep input guys, it looks like the new amubcade body might offer some Crit hit rate and be useful!
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-09 22:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

It's really great when you have competent team mates, no matter what the job, but not everyone is competent. And even competent people have their off days.

And I would reiterate that it's gonna be rare for you to be skillchaining in any content where there are BLUs with you unless you're specifically closing a double darkness. Even if you're pumping out 15k Kleos, it could well be a reduction in total DPS, and if you're timing them so that you do it immediately after the second Chant, you could easily be at 2k/+ TP.

Something to keep in mind, though, is that Kleos is superior to non-Climactic Rudra's until the 1750~2000 TP range, iirc. Rudra's should never be used except when closing a double darkness. A 1000 TP on the money Kleos will be five attacks, base, including offhand, at 1.95fTP, after belt/gorget, with fTP transferred to all attacks, and Kleos can scale off of STR as well, which contributes to your fSTR and you ATT. With high hit rates and decent multiattack and/or Mythic AM3, it's not uncommon to get 7 or 8 hits off. And then there's the Mythic +30% damage modifier.

Even once you get to the point where your average damage from your Rudra's Storm is comparable to a Kleos, you have to consider how many Kleos you could have gotten off in the time it took to build that TP up, especially if you're spamming WSes.

That and I'm under the impression the +DEX on Twash still applies even if Twash is in the offhand, and Kleos will benefit from that DEX as well. I would suggest going for Terpsichore first, and then Twashtar if you're insane...ly dedicated.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-12-10 05:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

It's really great when you have competent team mates, no matter what the job, but not everyone is competent. And even competent people have their off days.

And I would reiterate that it's gonna be rare for you to be skillchaining in any content where there are BLUs with you unless you're specifically closing a double darkness. Even if you're pumping out 15k Kleos, it could well be a reduction in total DPS, and if you're timing them so that you do it immediately after the second Chant, you could easily be at 2k/+ TP.

Something to keep in mind, though, is that Kleos is superior to non-Climactic Rudra's until the 1750~2000 TP range, iirc. Rudra's should never be used except when closing a double darkness. A 1000 TP on the money Kleos will be five attacks, base, including offhand, at 1.95fTP, after belt/gorget, with fTP transferred to all attacks, and Kleos can scale off of STR as well, which contributes to your fSTR and you ATT. With high hit rates and decent multiattack and/or Mythic AM3, it's not uncommon to get 7 or 8 hits off. And then there's the Mythic +30% damage modifier.

Even once you get to the point where your average damage from your Rudra's Storm is comparable to a Kleos, you have to consider how many Kleos you could have gotten off in the time it took to build that TP up, especially if you're spamming WSes.

That and I'm under the impression the +DEX on Twash still applies even if Twash is in the offhand, and Kleos will benefit from that DEX as well. I would suggest going for Terpsichore first, and then Twashtar if you're insane...ly dedicated.

Smart thinking outweighs being "Safe"

Disregarding the best mechanics of team play and always assume the worst is the core reason why many players get bored already from this game, MMO's are about connection between team members remember? if you can't coordinate the strategy of DPS with your DD's then don't even bother to Team up and just Solo your way up.

• The core concept of Dancer revolves around utilizing DEX, the more you have of it the more competent you become at DPS and effortlessly conquer anything you want.

• I'm not quite sure on what level you assumed that PK will surpass Rudra at 1k TP, this case almost never happens, and if you have Aeonic offhand, Samurai Roll and Moonshade this becomes even impossible to occur.

• If you can finish a 3 min [high-end fight] with 10 CDC/PK spam then by all means do it and play "Safe", but I can assure you that with proper simple order of WS's that takes no downtime at all you can finish in 1-2 minutes by exploiting skillchain property of dancer.

And for the record, a [DRG DNC] or [DNC DNC/THF] alliance proved to be far more devastating than two BLU's or BLU DNC DPS team.

• I don't want to make it a long argument about Terp vs. Twashtar, both are extremely strong weapons and any aspiring dancer should definitely make both. but personally I would not equip both of them at the same time and I will use them according to what I'm fighting, with whome Im collaborating and what is my role in Party, AKA (Exploiting my Class for the betterment of the situation).

@Zyx1337:
Since you stated that you're more likely to build Terp due to resources then its a good choice already and no need to be worried about your performance in party/solo as a dancer but you must learn how to exploit this Job and minimize your lost DPS with JA's.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-10 06:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought they'd unbanned me from the OF when I read this:

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
  • The core concept of Dancer revolves around utilizing DEX, the more you have of it the more competent you become at DPS and effortlessly conquer anything you want.

Other notes:

PK is better than unstacked Rudra's at least up to 2500 TP with Terpsichore (PK damage +30%), and Rudra's might honestly never catch up.

Offhanding Aeneas negates its TP bonus+500 (due to the typical offhand-ultimate weapon rules), so it doesn't particularly benefit Rudra's. Aeonic is a great Aeolian Edge weapon, but I haven't found much of a use for it apart from that.

Terpsichore/Twashtar is the best dagger combination we have access to, with Twashtar/Airy Buckler being its nearest competition that for some reason doesn't quite keep up.

Also, again, Evisceration -> CDC is Darkness. You don't necessarily sacrifice any TP and contribute to skillchains if you swap to Evisceration. Evisc is a very strong WS with a dedicated set.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-12-10 06:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget the utility of Aeneas' Exenterator opening Light spam with CdC.
EDIT: You *could* close Light with Exenterator.... but with CdC as the alternative closer, you're more likely to get larger numbers by closing with CdC over Exenterator.
By Zyx1337 2016-12-10 07:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are pretty passionate about the job! It's nice to see people who have that love for a job. I notice the set lists aren't updated in the OP but it looks like herc with TA/ACC and a DT set are good choices for herc augs. Then a waltz potency set and wa sets.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-10 07:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Exenterator also blows and you can open/close darkness with Evisceration. Unless you specifically need to avoid Darkness and can't make it to the mog house, I'd recommend just using Evisceration.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-12-10 07:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Greetings Byrth and thanks for feedback, but I have few responses:

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

The core concept of Dancer revolves around utilizing DEX, the more you have of it the more competent you become at DPS and effortlessly conquer anything you want.

I honestly don't know what you mean by this, yet I will address my argument more clearly below.

PK is better than unstacked Rudra's at least up to 2500 TP with Terpsichore (PK damage +30%), and Rudra's might honestly never catch up.

There was no comparison between stacked or unstacked situations in my review of weapon skills so I will assume its addressed to [Ivlilla] , all I did was encouraging the utilization of skill chain damage by double dark scenarios with climactic Rudra.
If someone wants to keep spamming PK by all means do it and I won't even argue this "play style", I play differently and utilize skill chains in almost all my fights [except NM's that heal from it and/or immune to SC]

Offhanding Aeneas negates its TP bonus+500 (due to the typical offhand-ultimate weapon rules), so it doesn't particularly benefit Rudra's. Aeonic is a great Aeolian Edge weapon, but I haven't found much of a use for it apart from that.

Thanks for the clarification, but the assumption was 10STP does stack?. and I [ Wont bother making one, since I never saw the drastic need for it according to my spreadsheets]

Also, again, Evisceration -> CDC is Darkness. You don't necessarily sacrifice any TP and contribute to skillchains if you swap to Evisceration. Evisc is a very strong WS with a dedicated set.

100% Agree, usually with Mythic BLU we always go [Expiacion ==> Requiescat ==> Climactic Rudra] for [AM,AG] at the start of battle then we proceed with [Evisceration <=> CDC] which emphasis the main idea of skill chain utilization as stated before.

Thanks for the feedback as always!
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-10 08:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Greetings Byrth and thanks for feedback, but I have few responses:

The core concept of Dancer revolves around utilizing DEX, the more you have of it the more competent you become at DPS and effortlessly conquer anything you want.

I honestly don't know what you mean by this, yet I will address my argument more clearly below.

It's incorrect. Dancer does not revolve around utilizing dex, and having more of it does not make you more competent, and it's exactly that sort of thinking that makes bad Dancers.

This feels like an argument over Thaumas Coat.

The mere fact that you can't do the math to understand that Pyrrhic Kleos blows away Rudra's Storm at 1kTP makes me hope that no one would ever take your advice on Dancer.

Rudra's Storm has a 5.0fTP at 1kTP, and is a single hit. Assuming you're using a moonshade, at an effective 1250TP, it will have an fTP of 6.2975.

Pyrrhic Kleos has a 1.75 fTP which is transferred across all hits. The gorget and neck bring this up to 1.95 http://fTP. At four hits with the primary hand, this translates to 7.8 fTP of damage, effectively, if all the hits land. Not only is this more than Rudra's Storm, but Kleos also scales off of STR, which means you can gain ATT and fSTR in addition to gaining WSC from a stat.

Throw in the offhand hit and you're up to 9.75 effective http://fTP. This is compared to the 6.2975fTP Rudra's will have at the same TP amount. For Rudra's to reach an fTP of 9.75 should require approximately 1660 TP using Moonshade Earring. Which means that in the time you can do two Rudra's Storms that do the same damage as a Kleos, you could have instead gotten off three Kleoses, or an Evisceration, a Kleos, and then a Rudra's Storm, if you absolutely insist on using the weaponskill.

For someone like me with a mythic, that 30% modifier makes it an 'effective' 12.675 fTP, when using the weapon skill at 1kTP. Or any other TP level. Please keep this in mind.

Rudra's Storm has an fTP of 13 at 3kTP. Which means you're going to need roughly 2600 TP with a moonshade to bring it up to the same level. Which means in the time you do two Rudra's Storms that do the same damage as a mythic-holder's Kleos, they're going to get off five Kleoses.

This is all assuming five hits land. I think the last time I worked out my average number of hits for Kleos several months ago it was over 7. Which means at 1KTP I'm going to be pumping out something more than 3x as strong as a 1kTP Rudra's Storm, and it's still stronger than an unstacked, 3kTP Rudra's Storm.

The only time I have ever seen a Rudra's Storm do more damage than Kleos was when it was at 3kTP, Climactic, and even then, that's not a whole lot more.

I'd go on, but there's four screaming children I have to induce to not accidentally kill themselves. My math should be correct. I've had coffee. Again, if there's anything wrong in that, I'm sure Byrth will correct me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-10 08:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, and extra hits with PK likely also have 1.95 fTP as compared to Rudra's where they have 1 http://fTP. With PK AM3 up and a normal amount of multi-attack, you're looking at averaging about 1.4 additional hits per WS.

So PK is something like 16.2 effective fTP at 1000 TP with Mythic and AM3, while Rudra's is 15.6 at 3000 TP. Rudra's benefits from WSD more and a few other things, so I actually get that it should pull ahead a little before 3000 TP in theory but that hasn't been my experience in practice.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-10 08:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It does strike me as odd that they (seemingly- I don't know if it has been 100% verified but your anecdotal evidence suggests that it hasn't) didn't receive any fTP reduction when they made it subject to carrying.

Actual question: how do misses interact with Haste Samba? I would assume that they don't give you the delay reduction if you miss an entire attack round. If that's correct, do current models (i.e. spreadsheets) take that minor reduction in their effectiveness into account?
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-10 09:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not currently subbed, or I'd go test it, but relying on memory, I'm quite sure that Evisceration -> Pyrrhic Kleos back to back to back is more damage than Evisceration -> Pyrrhic Kleos -> Rudra's Storm.

5+1 Hits at 1.45fTP, then the 16.2fTP Byrth states, followed by a Darkness which will duplicate Kleos' damage. That comes out to a total of 41.1 for 2kTP, whereas Evisceration -> Kleos -> Rudra's would get you 56.85 for 3kTP.

So in the time you can do two self double darkness skill chains for an effective 114, you can do three self single darkness for an effective 123.

Rudra's Storm is almost only useful for doing a second Darkness at high TP values, preferably stacked, or for putting up AM for Empyrean Holders.

Those exact numbers assume 1kTP, and you're almost always going to be over TP, but you'd need to get roughly 2.3ish more fTP on your Rudra's. I'm already counting Mooshade in the above damage, so you'd need to be doing your Rudra's at roughly 1440 TP, which means you're now using ~6900 TP to do the same damage you'd do with ~6kTP just doing single darkness with Kleos.

So in the time/TP it would take you to perform four self double darknesses, you could have done seven self single darknesses. Now you need to stop and ask yourself "What am I fighting? How often am I paralyzed and missing attack rounds and losing TP generation? How frequently am I being stunned? How often am I being knocked back out of range?"

I don't recall reading anything in patch notes in the last couple of months that would put my math off, other than my own inherent sucking at math in general.

There's a maxim in Engineering: Keep It Simple, Stupid.

All other things being equal, if something is simpler and just as or more effective, you go with that.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-12-10 09:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Straw Man Fallacy at its best?

The mere fact that you can't do the math to understand that Pyrrhic Kleos blows away Rudra's Storm at 1kTP makes me hope that no one would ever take your advice on Dancer.

Rudra's Storm has a 5.0fTP at 1kTP, and is a single hit. Assuming you're using a moonshade, at an effective 1250TP, it will have an fTP of 6.2975.

Im not quite sure that you really understood my stance, my argument was never about "Spamming WS at 1k TP" it was about play style and the utilization of Climactic with multi SC.

Show me where I mentioned this comparison at 1k TP instead of calling out things and become a victim of Straw Man Fallacy.

The condition of spamming 1k naturally doesn't even occur because it never hits 1k exactly, its almost always higher than that. So your assumption from the start is false.

You argued that skill chains don't even occur in most fights and I had to counter that with the idea of collaborative work between DPS members, is this even wrong to assume? or just because it doesn't support your narrative you decided that its not a good advice? I would like to think its the latter....

You enjoy your Mythic PK spam, congratulations /clap but don't come and diss arguments that counter yours just because you want to feel like a special snowflake.
Run Spreadsheets and compare the two and apply the conditions yourself one will pull ahead in certain scenarios but if you designed your fight with skillchain climatic you will most defiantly find Twashtar on Top of DPS and [Time of Kill].

Again I challenge you to find one sentence where I encouraged spamming Rudra over PK.

I will no longer argue with you over this since you clearly lack any curtesy in debates.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-10 09:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not about spamming it at 1kTP. It's about comparing "amount of damage done for amount of TP consumed."

Furthermore, you're the one who said "I'm not quite sure on what level you assumed that PK will surpass Rudra at 1k TP, this case almost never happens, and if you have Aeonic offhand, Samurai Roll and Moonshade this becomes even impossible to occur."

It's quite, quite plain that Rudra's Storm is inferior to Pyrrhic Kleos at 1kTP, even if you're not a mythic holder.

If you don't want to argue this any further, that's fine, I don't particularly enjoy arguing with you over this any more than I enjoy arguing with people who want to piss all over their WHMs using Thaumas Coat.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-12-10 09:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Furthermore, you're the one who said "I'm not quite sure on what level you assumed that PK will surpass Rudra at 1k TP, this case almost never happens, and if you have Aeonic offhand, Samurai Roll and Moonshade this becomes even impossible to occur."

Its rather funny that you used my own text to prove that I did talk about 1k TP Spam when it says right there that I'm telling you this case will never ever happen to begin with.

The difference between us is that I call it debate and you call it argument.

I talked about play style and you talked about something completely different while addressing [Zyx1337] there is no winner here and definitely no need for one.

I enjoy arguing with people who want to piss all over their WHMs using Thaumas Coat.

Ok.? I'm glad for you I guess?
By Zyx1337 2016-12-10 09:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Watching great minds battle it out. And I have a front seat!

Does anyone mind posting some updated gear sets :)?!
By Zyx1337 2016-12-10 09:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you both have the right intention, your both just trying to optimize the job and play style. You should give each other a break ^^;

Why can't we be friends?!
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-12-10 09:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Disclaimer: this is my own set for Empy that I use currently and Im more than positive there are various variations between other players.

This was discussed in previous pages:

Twashtar/None Mythic TP:

If its not master or above 550 you will most definitely need more DW with this current TP set.
This is a balanced set excluding Adhemar +1 of course and other neck, earring options.
All Herculean must have TA4 with minimum 10 DEX 15 ACC, ATTK

ItemSet 347569

Terp Mythic TP SET:
Its plausible to use STP set with Mythic Weapons since their AM will take care of the multi hit gear easily if it was maintained at level 3 [Terp gives ± 70 per hit so you might need to hit 80 STP in gear and don't forget buffs and sub job STP values].

ItemSet 348205

I will generate other sets momentarily once I log on Kat.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-10 10:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly how much inventory space and time are you wanting to devote to Dancer, how much do you want to min-max, and how much money are you wanting to spend?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-12-10 10:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Climactic Rudra:
If you can't get +1 legs NQ will do just fine, Herculean Augmented with 10-15 DEX Acc Attk 15+ and WSD 5% Cape is WSD 10% and DEX 30

ItemSet 348197

Evisceration:
Herculean Augmented with DEX 10+ Acc Attk 15+ and Critical Hit rate 4%+
You can replace Neck easily with Fotia or elemental gorget. and cape is [WSD 10% or CritRate 10] and DEX 30

ItemSet 348198

Pyrrhic Kleos:
Im sure there are better sets out there but this is what I use:

ItemSet 348199

Herculean Head, Body and Hands with STR 10+ Acc Attck 15+ and TA 4
Herculean Feet, STR 10+ Acc attack 15+ and WSD 5%
Cape STR 30 and DA 10 [Apate will outperform Ifrit at attack cap]

For MDT:
All Herculean with DT 4%
ItemSet 348200

For DT:
All Herculean with DT 4%
ItemSet 348201
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-10 11:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Foetia neck beats the pants off Caro for Evisceration and PK.

Neither Evisc nor PK should be using Ishvara earring (but Rudra's should use it over Dominance +1).

Crit +10% on the cape is better for Evisceration than WSD+10%. DA+10% for PK is better than WSD+10%, but it doesn't matter that much.

Lustratio Leggings +1 Path D would probably be better than Herc boots in all 3 WS sets.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-12-10 11:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lustratio Leggings +1 Path D would probably be better than Herc boots in all 3 WS sets.

Lustratio Leggings +1 is never on Sale here at Levi, so I customized hercs for each one.
It would be great if there was any available to test it out.

Thanks for the info.
Also I will switch earrings in WS sets now.
By Zyx1337 2016-12-10 12:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the set posts.

As far as inventory space. I've got enough I've gotta pick up the mog wardrobes 3/4 BST took up 1/2. Have quite a lot of sets for that.

I'm a completion it's and having a goal to aim for is satisfying, helps save time by not collecting junk Thats easily replaced as well.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-12-10 13:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

first off helpful post Katriina, its going to help me gear my dnc up. However one correction....
about augments, its misleading and turns people off the aug system since they can never attain it.
you CANNOT get 15 stats AND augments like 5 wsd, 4TA, etc.

Taupe raises cap of 10 (fern/pellucid) on stats to 15
fern raises specials cap by 1 (aka 4 wsd MAX with taupe/pellucid, TA MAX of 3, with taupe/pellucid)
You cannot have benefits of both at once, unless a dark matter aug.

so with that said getting 10 of any stat with a 4 TA aug on fern is near to impossible. It can happen but odds of doing it are probably more expensive than a HQ set. A few correction I feel are more inline with reality are....

10-15 DEX Acc Attk 15+ and WSD 5%
10-15 DEX Acc Attk 15+ and WSD 3-4%
DEX 10+ Acc Attk 15+ and Critical Hit rate 4%+
This is is ok, just remove the + :D oddly on herc with taupe you get crit 4% a lot, hardest part if to get high acc with 10+ stat and 4%.
STR 10+ Acc Attck 15+ and TA 4
Two ways to look at this, 5 str or 1 TA? Depending on stone will result differently so you could say...
Fern : STR 0-10 Acc Attck 15+ and TA 4
Taupe : STR 8+ Acc Attck 15+ and TA 3
STR 10+ Acc attack 15+ and WSD 5%
same deal, is 5 stat or 1 wsd most important?
Taupe : STR 10+ Acc attack 15+ and WSD 3-4%
Fern : STR 0-10 Acc attack 15+ and WSD 5%

gl on the augs! they are a pain.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-10 13:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

A few notes on some of the sets posted:

- Rudra's is basically the best outside of absolutely perfect Herculean, so that's good to go.

- For Evis, a DEX/crit cape would be the best for it. Swapping Begrudging in for Apate would also help. Having that extra crit rate would also ease up on Herc needs and instead allow you to go for crit damage augments for better numbers.

- For PK, definitely consider Floestone in the ammo slot if you don't need the acc. Apate will outperform Ifrit at attack cap. Don't forget Samnuha Tights for this. They have a massive amount of STR and actually have a good amount of DEX on them, as well, which is rare to find on legs. This is on top of 3 DA, 3 TA, and 7 STP. They're just a fantastic piece. WSD is a pretty mediocre stat on multi-hit WSs, so I'd definitely suggest TA over it. Or as Byrth said, if you can find them, Lustratio Leggings +1 are fantastic when you don't need a lot of accuracy.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 80 81 82