Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-09-24 03:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Elizabet said: »
It is darksday. Does the bonus not apply all the time?
Only with obis, which unfortunately do not work with Blood pacts.

As for my GS situation, I'll keep using it the way I do now.
I've spent too much time modifying it to just shove it aside for another.

Besides, I've gotten quite used to the macros again.
By Aeyela 2015-09-24 03:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
I'd say it's more likely an issue with Mote's includes, because I haven't had any issues whatsoever landing my BPs in the correct gear with a home-grown Lua.

I wrote my own Lua for SMN and I don't have any issues either, so chalk another vote up to Motes.
By Elizabet 2015-09-24 03:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting bit, can someone else try this:

Eschan Zdei. I run up to one, cast netherblast from the menu or using macros but sending the command once. Doing this I get 5233 dmg without fault. However, if I spam either the menu or the macro I'll start getting inconsistencies sometimes lucking out and getting 5233 dmg but mostly seeing 2843 poping out.

So far I can repro this quite easily spamming the menu with mote based lua. Yet, I can't seems to get this issue spamming the menu with Byrth's template.
By Aeyela 2015-09-24 03:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is Motes is missing something that interrupts a gearswap if your pet is in the middle of doing something. Bryth's Lua has the following on midcast and aftercast:
Code
    if pet_midaction() then
        return
    end

Which harmlessly prevents a gearswap if your pet is using a blood pact. Check the Lua you are using and see if any such mechanism exists. Try adding the above to midcast() and aftercast() on your Lua and see if it fixes it. You may have another issue after of not switching back to perp gear, but that's because pet_aftercast() needs to be added for that purpose.
By Elizabet 2015-09-24 04:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's got this in mine:
Code
-- Set eventArgs.handled to true if we don't want any automatic gear equipping to be done.
-- Set eventArgs.useMidcastGear to true if we want midcast gear equipped on precast.
function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if state.Buff['Astral Conduit'] and pet_midaction() then
        eventArgs.handled = true
    end
end

function job_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if state.Buff['Astral Conduit'] and pet_midaction() then
        eventArgs.handled = true
    end
end

I added an aftercast but its almost always failing if i am spamming the menu... We're getting closer I feel...
By Aeyela 2015-09-24 04:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That only stops gear swapping if you have Astral Conduit active and your pet is hitting something. Outright changing it to OR would not work either, as it'd be impossible to swap gear so long as Astral Conduit is up.

Remove those two parts, and add the version I posted, and see if it works.
By Elizabet 2015-09-24 04:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried this:
Code
-- Set eventArgs.handled to true if we don't want any automatic gear equipping to be done.
-- Set eventArgs.useMidcastGear to true if we want midcast gear equipped on precast.
function job_precast(spell)
    if pet_midaction() then
        return
    end
end

function job_midcast(spell)
    if pet_midaction() then
        return
    end
end
function job_aftercast(spell)
    if pet_midaction() then
        return
    end
end

Seems it fixed the spamming from menu. But not the macro. (I'm using a //gs c pact [pactname] format) type of command to cast BP in an avatar agnostic way but that has issues as well.
By Aeyela 2015-09-24 04:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no logical or programmatic reason to handle blood pacts as custom commands. The only caveat is the delay but it's a delay that pet_midcast is specifically there to handle. Could you perchance paste the pact [pactname] command function so I can see what it does upon receiving the command? I'll wager copious gils that this is the issue that not only you but dozens of Summoners have been having with this Lua; definitely so if it works fine using the menus.

The menus are sending /pet "Blood Pact" <t> to gearswap which it is interpreting correctly. Using //gs c pact...etc is sending a custom command which the function exclusively handles. Likely, it's overwriting your pet_midaction return rule, and doing what it's programmed to do anyway. I trust GS's ability to handle blood pacts more than somebody's custom function, regardless of the author.

Try changing your macros to /pet "Blood Pact" <t>, rather than //gs c pact etc, and let's see how that works.
By Elizabet 2015-09-24 04:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The custom function to call the bp basically is just a windower input function to write the blood pact name in the " " in the /pet "Blood Pact" <t> as if you were typing it in the chat box....

Funny part is... I have the same issue spamming that custom macro or spamming the vanilla macro.

So there is something fishy about the functions themselves. (midcast and stuff).

Menu -or- vanilla style macros have no problems of the sort with Byrths original GS...

Think imma just give up on mote stuff...

At least for now it's fixed if i don't spam and take an extra second to let the thing breathe...
By Aeyela 2015-09-24 05:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That's... peculiar. Sending a macro or using the menu should be the same from GS's perspective. Since the problem seems to be exclusive to spamming the macro, let's try something else. Add the following to precast, midcast and aftercast:
Code
if midaction() and (spell.type == 'BloodPactRage' or spell.type == 'BloodPactWard') then
return
end

This will stop GW doing any swaps when you're already doing something, so the first time the command is acknowledged by GS it shouldn't be interrupted. A small caveat is that this will prevent gear swaps whilst you're in the middle of anything - but I can't think of a situation where you'd want to change anyway. Edited so this only applies to blood pacts.

Short of this, I'm at a loss. Mote's Lua is a classic victim of public over complication - the logic behind it is that because I'm writing this for public use, I either need to make it super complicated to seem smart (less likely given his altruistic intentions in sharing them) or I need to make it super complicated to cover every possible scenario (more likely.) In either event, there is heaps of superfluous code in Mote's SMN and include Luas that you wouldn't even notice were gone.

On the subject of the macros, were they (//gs c etc macros) part of Mote's documentation? I am really struggling to see the logic in having to send a command to GearSwap when its only purpose is to then send the command to chat.

Anyways. I'd dare to imply that it'd be quicker for you to write your own Lua, or morph someone else's simplified Lua, into something functioning for your needs than debug the Mote's Lua. There's been a plethora of issues with it the past couple updates, largely because of said over complications earlier. With all that redundant and superfluous code there's so many potential functions causing these problems. I've personally never used Motes for that reason.
By Elizabet 2015-09-24 05:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Also mote's not updated for about a year... Would you be so kind to share your own?
By Aeyela 2015-09-24 05:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Also mote's not updated for about a year... Would you be so kind to share your own?

Yeah, give me some time to add comments and tidy it up a bit.
[+]
By Elizabet 2015-09-24 05:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you sir!
By Aeyela 2015-09-24 08:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47412/barebones-summoner-gearswap/#2973925
By Zubis 2015-09-27 09:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we get back on track with the high-tier solos?

What are the best ones to solo, are they worth doing for drops or just Rem's Tales?
By Elizabet 2015-09-28 07:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What BP has been working out best for you on Azure-tooth? Grape Daifuku + Diamond Storm and ifrit still misses Crush like a mofo...

Shiva's HS is 5/5 for me and doing about 3.5-5k dmg on it. Is it my job points that is lacking? (@160ish)

How are you guys soloing this?
 Asura.Prophecyy
By Asura.Prophecyy 2015-09-28 09:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What BP has been working out best for you on Azure-tooth? Grape Daifuku + Diamond Storm and ifrit still misses Crush like a mofo...

Shiva's HS is 5/5 for me and doing about 3.5-5k dmg on it.

How are you guys soloing this?
I used Ifrit full time for Azure-Tooth using shiromochi. I fully buffed ahead of time with protect/shell/hastegaII etc on the trusts so that when I engage, Koru tends to use Dia III and Distract II.

I merited Avatar ACC 5/5 and my job points were Astral Flow/Astral Conduit/Avatar ACC 10/10 (this was before they bumped it up to 15). I open with Astral Flow, Apogee, pop NM, Shattersoul > FC > FC > Astral Conduit, spam FC macro til dead. Reason to zerg this and not waste time is to prevent the evasion+ TP moves tonberry family uses. If I recall, I think the move is called Sigh that gives an evasion boost. Maybe that's impacting your solo.

I have to also add that this was done with Nirvana, but I'm convinced a non-nirvana SMN can accomplish this.
By Elizabet 2015-09-28 09:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, i totally forgot about acc merits... Mine are currently 5/5 atk and 5/5 Matk.. oups.. Guess I should change that around... I wonder if it would be worth to go 5/5 in both type of acc considering the amount of mab we get these days..
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-09-28 10:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, i totally forgot about acc merits... Mine are currently 5/5 atk and 5/5 Matk.. oups.. Guess I should change that around... I wonder if it would be worth to go 5/5 in both type of acc considering the amount of mab we get these days..
I don't think MAcc is worth meriting over other options, avatar magic accuracy is generally pretty high. I can't remember the last time I failed to land a debuff BP.

It's also rare to see much variation in merit BPs, they tend to be consistently unresisted or consistently completely resisted, which tells me it's rare for us to fall in the area where a few points of magic acc would make any difference.

So that's my reasoning for thinking it's not really worthwhile. I guess it could be if you use a lot of merit BPs outside of magic bursts? Let's face it though, you can never have too much magic attack. :)
By Elizabet 2015-09-28 12:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

2 post ago, I was at 151 JP. Now I am 251 JP... Gonna give it another go hopefully it works better.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-09-28 17:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Another factor could be astral flow job points. I've done this guy too, actually Rakshaka and I duo'd him, using one Conduit per fight (so 2 fights before we have to go reset Conduit). We were both able to knock him down in a 2-person party with just our own Conduit, and in fact I didn't bother with melee at all on mine. No skillchain, no aftermath, no debuff pacts like Impact or Diamond Storm. I think maybe we cast Dia 2 and that's it.

However, we both have astral flow job points, and it sounds like others reporting solo success also have them. So it's possible that it's a pretty big factor. Of course, accuracy merits, job points, and food will also help. Also, summoning skill merits. And Thurandaut Ring. Just trying to list everything I can think of that you might've overlooked.
 Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon 2015-09-28 19:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Capping Astral flow and Astral conduit job points is a huge boost to output.
By Elizabet 2015-09-28 20:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a thurandaut, and food and all of that, from what you guys a reporting it looks like a job point issue where my astral flow and conduit categories are still a bit low. Didn't realized they were that much a factor.