Summoner End-Game/High-Tier Solo's
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-15 15:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just curious to see what today's end-game summoner's are soloing. I'm particularly interested to see if it's possible to solo the high-tier Avatar fights.

Has anyone attempted those yet?
By Cleric 2014-12-15 16:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

They're possible on Very Easy. Not sure about Normal. Need to be exceptionally geared with a Pet -%dmg taken setup (preferably), a refresh (/RDM typically preferred because of convert and cure4, but Shiva would probably need /sch for paralyna).

The trick is to stay like 50 yalms away. I've soloed Shiva and Titan this way. No luck on drops, though. It's just easier to get 4-5 other SMNs and a COR together.
 Asura.Prophecyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Prophecyy 2014-12-15 16:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lately been burning a lot of merits on soloing Shiva on Easy. It usually takes me 16-20 mins to solo. Never once had to convert, I tend to use siphon when its available. I keep refresh, barbliz, barpara and stoneskin up full time. No food required, and only meds I use is remedy for para. After BP, I switch to Avatar -DT set, which does help cuz Rush really hurts.

I tried Shiva on normal with a COR friend...it was a waste of time and merits. Time limit is an issue. Out of all those fights, not a single drop. Maybe you'll have better luck than me!
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-15 16:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cleric said: »
They're possible on Very Easy. Not sure about Normal. Need to be exceptionally geared with a Pet -%dmg taken setup (preferably), a refresh (/RDM typically preferred because of convert and cure4, but Shiva would probably need /sch for paralyna).

The trick is to stay like 50 yalms away. I've soloed Shiva and Titan this way. No luck on drops, though. It's just easier to get 4-5 other SMNs and a COR together.

What were your clear times on VE just out of curiosity?
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-15 16:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Prophecyy said: »
Lately been burning a lot of merits on soloing Shiva on Easy. It usually takes me 16-20 mins to solo. Never once had to convert, I tend to use siphon when its available. I keep refresh, barbliz, barpara and stoneskin up full time. No food required, and only meds I use is remedy for para. After BP, I switch to Avatar -DT set, which does help cuz Rush really hurts.

I tried Shiva on normal with a COR friend...it was a waste of time and merits. Time limit is an issue. Out of all those fights, not a single drop. Maybe you'll have better luck than me!

Thanks for the feedback. So Easy with a clear time of around 16-20 minutes. That seems quite doable at the obvious expense of bad drop rates. Have you tried Normal yet?
By Cleric 2014-12-15 16:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Like 15~20 minutes on VE. I don't have nirvana. :\
 Phoenix.Rumblepakk
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rumblepakk 2014-12-18 13:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time I tried soloing was leviathan and that was my first mistake. I did it on normal which was my second mistake. VE, possibly. But the issue with avatars like leviathan ( and garuda ) is that they tend to cure themselves alot..

I dont want to constantly waste merits to fail, so once i get the DRG feet from Garuda ill whip out the Nirvana and try soloing Shiva on Easy
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-01-08 11:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've obtained the Ostro Greaves from Garuda so far. I really want the ring, but I wouldn't say no to the dagger and belt as well. She drops enough items to keep me coming back to say hi regularly.

Clear time on Easy is around 10-15 minutes, but I'm going to try Normal later today and see how things fare.

Ramuh is also on my radar, but that being said, I'm not looking forward to being on the business end of Thunderspark.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [144 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-06-01 11:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the high-tier avatars use their 1hr BP's only once during the fight at around 50% HP like the original avatar fights? Or do they use them multiple times?

I just reactivated my account recently and haven't had a chance to try the fights for myself.
By Chyula 2015-06-01 11:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

aegis pld
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-01 11:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Do the high-tier avatars use their 1hr BP's only once during the fight at around 50% HP like the original avatar fights? Or do they use them multiple times?

I just reactivated my account recently and haven't had a chance to try the fights for myself.

Just once.

Regular BP's and spells are constant throughout the fight, though. That being said, they're easy to proc and stun.
 Ragnarok.Shupyrg
Server: Ragnarok
user: Shupyrg
By Ragnarok.Shupyrg 2015-06-01 12:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

They can use their 1h multiple times throughout fight, which also resets hate (or partially resets it).
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-01 12:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Shupyrg said: »
They can use their 1h multiple times throughout fight, which also resets hate (or partially resets it).

I've soloed many times and have never seen their 1 hour more than once per fight. I guess I've just been lucky.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [113 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-09-22 10:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a while since I posted in this thread but SMN does fairly well in the new Promathia and Omega/Ultima BC's (solo). I'm going to give the run a shot on Difficult later today and see how things pan out since Normal is more or less a push-over.

Also, as mentioned in other threads, SMN make short work of most (if not all) of the new Warder NM's. I've already soloed my Speaker's Ring and Vatic Byrnie.

EDIT: I had THF for Temperance for Treasure Hunter, so that technically wasn't a solo.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-09-22 15:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Temperance just takes awhile...and he's stingy ><
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-09-22 16:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I'm just not sure how ppl are saying they fought Temperance 15 times already, how long are you farming in sky for them? Wiki says it's 1 in 50 chance if you have 4/4 rare monster... and I have 3/3 (and don't know what to do to get 4/4) and I spent two hours in there with no pop before AoEing down tons of mobs with thunderspark. Seems a long grind to get their items to me or even all 10 KI but I guess that's the point :| I agree Temperance is a very non threatening fight, 1 hour'd him when slashing was up mostly cuz I got tired of fighting him so long.

Let me know how the (D) solo's go would love to see some of your sets if it works out :)

It took a while to pop the Warders each time. If someone gets a fast spawn it's due to lottery luck.
By Elizabet 2015-09-23 08:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't seem to get around killing temperance.. I run into issues where my trust tank dies horrible deaths as Kupipi cant keep any of them up. My BP are doing 4k-5k dmg on it once every so often but getting a lot of BP hitting for 300ish as well... its Like mountain buster of all things, 300 dmg ish.. then 4k dmg.. then a string of 300ish.. (no rings)

Starting to wonder if I am being boned by GearSwap swapping to perp too fast or something.

:/
[+]
By breadedfish 2015-09-23 10:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Your Trusts stats change dynamically with the gear as it changes, if the ilvl on your perp gear is low your trust tank will suffer if you keep avatar out, also apururu unity trust is a much better healer than kupipi
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-09-23 10:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you even using Mountain Buster? Use Chaotic Strike or Volt Strike for blunt. Piercing is our only really weak one, but even Crescent Fang was doing 3k for me. Have you purchased all your vorseals? They can help (and yes they do affect avatars).

As far as luck popping, I've heard mixed results. I've personally never had it take longer than 5-10 minutes to see a pop (whether the pop is mine or someone else's is another story). If you can't get it to pop quickly it usually means someone else is camping the same NM.

That said, my friend Galahadx spent many hours before he got Warder of Love and said he never once saw another person camping, but those yovra are also spread across the map so he wouldn't necessarily know for sure.
By Supa 2015-09-23 11:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Elizabet said: »
Starting to wonder if I am being boned by GearSwap swapping to perp too fast or something

Its been an issue for a while, with random dmg spikes, use in game macros sets for bp swaps, you will see more consistent dmg
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-09-23 18:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say it's more likely an issue with Mote's includes, because I haven't had any issues whatsoever landing my BPs in the correct gear with a home-grown Lua.
[+]
By Elizabet 2015-09-24 00:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I might have to redo my lua then I was resetting my 2hr on cactuar nm in abyssea and seeing 4k crushes followed by 30k crushes...

On temperance my crescent fangs were doing less than 1k, I was referring mountain busters cause I was trying to find what the issue is and 300 dmg to 4-5k dmg gap on a single hit BP is a bit of a variance... really starting to think its a lua issue.

My perp gear averages me out at i117. So i dont think it was that much an issue.

On the plus side, I got myself the ring with a newly met friend's help.
By Draylo 2015-09-24 00:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I use mote lua too for SMN and always notice those drop offs. People never seem to wanna post any of theirs though lol, so I was stuck with it for the time being. Any good ones anyone wants to post go for it.
By Elizabet 2015-09-24 00:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious as to what numbers is Shirai seeing as his lua is very similar to mine and from it, I can see his helios set is equiv or slightly worse than mine.
By Supa 2015-09-24 01:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
I'd say it's more likely an issue with Mote's includes

That could well be the cause, I leave the lua things to Shirai, I am not great with them.

I would be interested in trying yours or someone else's "home-grown" lua if anyone wants to post a link or pm me
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-09-24 02:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I too have noticed variating Blood pact damage ever since SE shortened the activation time of the Blood pacts from 5 to 1.25 seconds.
Several people, including Byrth, have taken a look at this issue and I don't think a permanent sollution has ever been found.

I have however found workaround for it, by using old fashioned macros with gearsets for the rage pacts I've been getting consistent damage again.
I've reserved a macro set for every avatar with the exception of Carby and Sith as they share one.
With the summoning of each avatar I switch the macro set of the avatar.

The macro setup is as followed:
Code
/equipset xx (Delay set)
/raw /pet "Blood pact" <t> <wait 1>
/equipset xx (Blood pact specific set)

Observation:
- The third line possibly isn't needed as I have noticed that it reverts to my GS set at the exact point of BP execution.
(Aka, also keep your LUA up to date.)

And there's one other thing to keep in mind if you use multiple Helios sets like me.
Gearset macros cannot distinguish between different augmented items, a workaround for this is to keep one augmented set in your wardrobe and the other one in your inventory and build your gearsets from there.
By Elizabet 2015-09-24 02:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I went out to kill a few tigers near the home point in Khamir Drifts. Using Nether Blast I got a lot of 5136 and 30% of the time about i'd get 5656.... :/

With my current lua.

I'll try to get Byrth's lua and try the same.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-09-24 02:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Elizabet said: »
I went out to kill a few tigers near the home point in Khamir Drifts. Using Nether Blast I got a lot of 5136 and 30% of the time about i'd get 5656.... :/

Can you see what day you did those tests, it looks to me like you got the darksday bonus on those high ones.
By Elizabet 2015-09-24 03:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It is darksday. Does the bonus not apply all the time?

Took raw Byrth's erased every sets in there to be empty except the BP timer, BP dmg and perp set. Copied my sets in there.. and I got 4936 Nether Blasts... Then I removed all set_combine() functions and just actually copied the same sets for magic BP all over the with or without TP options and I started getting the 5136 numbers again...

I *THINK* there might be a delay issue with the set_combine() function.
First Page 2 3