Bayld Campaign That Actually Provides Nothing.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Bayld Campaign that actually provides nothing.
Bayld Campaign that actually provides nothing.
 Phoenix.Skyfire
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2014-12-02 15:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

While I agree H-P bayld can be tedious to obtain, I think that making Aged Boxes a 100% drop from WKR would make completing the ergon weapons extremely easy.

An LS(with 18 members or more) could just farm all 6 once per day and complete the objective in less then two weeks ideally. If you have perfect luck and obtained 15 HPB per box with 18 people you would receive 270 per wkr. Now do all 6 WKR that would be 1620.

Getting 15 from all would never happen, but just saying that getting an aged box from every wkr would be very easy.

Just making the WKR campaign a permanent thing would be the best way to keep interest while slowly farming the HPB.

Just my two cents.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-02 15:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on the fence with this one. I don't want there to be too much of a supply of HPBs. I think introducing monthly campaigns to encourage reives, and by adding bayld as a reward for other things, is a good way to build up server supply.

Aged boxes-go-round can either be a really cool, or a really crappy idea. The better alternative would be just making those aged boxes drop from the delve bosses and not the WKRs, as that wouldn't really harm much of the supply by flooding it, nor would it allow too many people to be able to finish an Ergon.

As it stands, You still need to get Legend in all coalitions, and, assuming you've never cared about coalition assignments before (like me before starting my ergon), it will take several months MINIMUM to farm up the fame for Legend in all 6.

But I do think there should be more outlets for obtaining HPB quicker as a group. Having each person getting an aged boxed will encourage nothing but me making 18 mules, entering wkr with all of them, cure a few targets, and i'll have my drops by the end. It can be abused too easily.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-02 15:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

its more accurate to say one person with 4 mules vs actually getting people in a ls to give you ***like that.

I do agree that wkr should be more relevant to everyday playing. There's lots of people who still need gear/wins from it.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-02 15:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The only good it'll do is if you're in a Reive with a bunch of people and you can't cap bayld because the walls/nests don't have enough HP for you to do enough damage.

Pretty sure they're trying to limit the amount of HP Bayld out there, as if to say they don't want people getting Ergon weapons easily. I'm not too surprised since the other requirements are well within any dedicated player's reach, but I kinda feel like there ought to have been a means for farming HP Bayld that's time-limited but higher yield. Maybe something like a Coalition Assignment for capped ranks that would be similar to the Campaign Op BCs.
 Phoenix.Skyfire
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2014-12-02 16:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Add Bayld to drops from Velkk.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-02 17:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Be it legitime or not, i wont enter this discussion, but in odin, hp bayld isnt even near to low supply. Just looking ffxiah bazaar function (that dont cover all bazaar available) today, you can simply build an ergon from nothing in a day (hp bayld-wise), so at least here, and ignorating the non legitime way this is farmed, hp bayld supply isnt an issue, and shouldnt be addressed.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-12-02 17:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about 100% drop but upping the drop rate of boxes would be nice. I have never gotten a box. During the last 3k entrance campaign alone I went 0/22.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-12-02 17:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The Campaign

is doing the BCNM bonus drops as well. Anyone notice any interesting ",and more" items worth spamming?

/curious

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-12-02 17:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Its been awhile since I last did these during campaign. I did Taurassic Park and was surprised to see a Faithful Torso III, curious if IV's or V's are possible, or anything or interest, hmmmmm
By Pantafernando 2014-12-02 17:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The more were always abjurations for kc 30-50, hmp/alex/currency for mob'in bcnm and cursed items for big bcnm. The hkc arent worth spamming, due to currency being more rare than anything else, same to currency in moblin.

Only thing worth are abjurations, or if youre lacking kupons seals. Even arise and meteor, the biggest bonus in those, are so cheap nowaday thats not worth.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-02 17:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Its been awhile since I last did these during campaign. I did Taurassic Park and was surprised to see a Faithful Torso III, curious if IV's or V's are possible, or anything or interest, hmmmmm

Well, torso is new one, so maybe new drops? Its worth checking.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-12-02 17:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxidb isn't showing anything new as far as I can find. suppose them abj are worth a shot eh

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-12-02 18:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like it?

http://ffxidb.com/zones/31/gullinkambi

0.08% chance? lol
By Lyncath 2014-12-02 18:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Be it legitime or not, i wont enter this discussion, but in odin, hp bayld isnt even near to low supply. Just looking ffxiah bazaar function (that dont cover all bazaar available) today, you can simply build an ergon from nothing in a day (hp bayld-wise), so at least here, and ignorating the non legitime way this is farmed, hp bayld supply isnt an issue, and shouldnt be addressed.

The people you see with 1000+ in Bazaars got them from botting Lair Reives in Outer Raz. If the best way to farm them is to not only pay-to-win but to also violate the game mechanics then there's something very wrong with the requirements.

Supply is an issue, otherwise it would not cost over 400m to finish the final stage alone. That's at least two mythics to 119.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-12-02 19:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyncath said: »

The people you see with 1000+ in Bazaars got them from botting Lair Reives in Outer Raz. If the best way to farm them is to not only pay-to-win but to also violate the game mechanics then there's something very wrong with the requirements.

Supply is an issue, otherwise it would not cost over 400m to finish the final stage alone. That's at least two mythics to 119.

I already said i wont discuss how legitime its to bot bayld.

Be It cheat or not, the actual scenario today is that bayld offee issue was so so supplied by those bot, and that behaviour created an illusion that this issue shouldnt be addresses, as ot seems with this change of rules from SE in this new campaign. I agree with what someone said before, that probably SE thought doubling bay'd earning in reives could break something so they ninja fixed and nerfed the campaign to this ridiculous one currently.

About costs, thats silly. If someone want the best, they must pay high.

There is no rule to determine a rem cost.
 Siren.Lordgrim
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-03 00:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Zoltar said: »
Yeah I just noticed I wasn't getting extra bayld.

Wtf?

I said Gimps.. I meant "player's who didn't keep up with content, who didn't even get 117 sparks gear or dont have a Level 90 Empyrean Weapon or equiv damage wise" Because you can cap ANY DAMN REIVE WITH JUST THOSE.

Seriously Pissed at SE, why even bother *** making this

This is nothing to be outraged over you could technically stay a a revie for a very long time if you turn down the epic damage your doing to destroy this stuff and benefit what they are giving everyone not a select few. Don't forget we was all lvl 1 at one point.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-03 00:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Be It cheat or not, the actual scenario today is that bayld offee issue was so so supplied by those bot, and that behaviour created an illusion that this issue shouldnt be addresses, as ot seems with this change of rules from SE in this new campaign. I agree with what someone said before, that probably SE thought doubling bay'd earning in reives could break something so they ninja fixed and nerfed the campaign to this ridiculous one currently.

I disagree about the cost of ergon when you can do it by not spending a single gil by gathering the hpb just doing revie or just doing coalition quests for bayld. Is it super fast ? No but it can be done.

Your right about there is no rule to determine rem costs but relics and mythics do require gil at one point.

For relics you must buy a permanent ki that cost I think 50k that is a one time fee. For the craft materials you could lvl the crafts to get what you need also not spending any gil.

For mythics you must buy a 60k lamp each time to gather ampoules from einherjar. That is if your fronting the lamp fee yourself.

It is all realistic.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-12-03 01:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »

I disagree about the cost of ergon when you can do it by not spending a single gil by gathering the hpb just doing revie or just doing coalition quests for bayld. Is it super fast ? No but it can be done.

Your right about there is no rule to determine rem costs but relics and mythics do require gil at one point.

For relics you must buy a permanent ki that cost I think 50k that is a one time fee. For the craft materials you could lvl the crafts to get what you need also not spending any gil.

For mythics you must buy a 60k lamp each time to gather ampoules from einherjar. That is if your fronting the lamp fee yourself.

It is all realistic.

Lets assume you make an ergon without spending a single gil. You would need to bot a lair reive in outer rakaznaar for 218 days straight to complete the weapon. That would be in addition to the three quarters of a year needed to rank all coalitions to legend. Playing legit you can gain 2 h-p bayld per mule per day from imp spam. Let's assume you have 10 slots on your account and are farming 20 h-p bayld a day that way. Let's also assume you have 3 additional hours of play time to farm bayld (we'll pick outer raaz again because that's probably the best return). You'll gain 7-9 h-p bayld a day that way. So on an average day you'll farm 28 h-p bayld. It will take 467 days to farm an ergon weapon that way.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-03 01:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

See it is all realistic. Even without a 3rd party program. You do not need to make it feel like a full time job either. I think that is why folks get discouraged about stuff they read on these forums because folks pop out 400m figures when it isn't needed. It just takes dedication and motivation much like everthing in the real world and knowing that you are doing something significant.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-12-03 01:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You can farm a mythic without spending a single gil in 231 days (people shout for free ein all the time). I don't find the two at all comparable. You would spend less time each of those 231 days making your mythic as well. Salvage shouldn't take you more than 45 to run. Nyzul will take 30 min per run. Assaults should be faster. Ein runs take maybe 10 min. The time is not at all comparable.
By Chyula 2014-12-03 04:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
You can farm a mythic without spending a single gil in 231 days (people shout for free ein all the time). I don't find the two at all comparable. You would spend less time each of those 231 days making your mythic as well. Salvage shouldn't take you more than 45 to run. Nyzul will take 30 min per run. Assaults should be faster. Ein runs take maybe 10 min. The time is not at all comparable.

***, I like to spend the maximum duration in Ein staring at preys. Then I get retards failing at lamp orders and cost us the run, Same story with assaults. I have to spend countless hours shouting for full party doing salvage, These all adds up you know.
[+]
 Phoenix.Phaeon
user: Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2014-12-03 10:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Skyfire said: »
While I agree H-P bayld can be tedious to obtain, I think that making Aged Boxes a 100% drop from WKR would make completing the ergon weapons extremely easy.

An LS(with 18 members or more) could just farm all 6 once per day and complete the objective in less then two weeks ideally. If you have perfect luck and obtained 15 HPB per box with 18 people you would receive 270 per wkr. Now do all 6 WKR that would be 1620.

Getting 15 from all would never happen, but just saying that getting an aged box from every wkr would be very easy.

Just making the WKR campaign a permanent thing would be the best way to keep interest while slowly farming the HPB.

Just my two cents.
That assumes you can convince an alliance of people to do all 6 WKR's, including Yumcax, every day, in a reasonable amount of time, and then still find the time to get the gil to buy all of those HPB's from those people (assuming you don't have a near-endless supply of it already, which I believe is a reasonable assumption).

And by that logic, you could get that same alliance of people to, individually, farm salvage whenever they get the chance and then sell you the alex. You'd probably even have time left over to play the game, or farm the money to buy more alex.

The point is, getting 100% drops of bayld boxes does not make ergons "easy", but would certainly increase the supply of HPB's, perhaps driving the price of making an ergon weapon down from the equivalent of 2 mythics to 1. Maybe.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-03 10:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair on Ergon price tag, though, there currently is NOT another Mythic in the game that compares to Idris. Epeolatry is really good too, but the price of Idris is really justified. I just don't know why Exudiation isn't buffed to hell with that club. I wouldn't say Idris is 2x as good as the best mythic, but for a job with limited Luopan options, it shines brightly.
By dustinfoley 2014-12-03 10:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you want to farm your own hp and grind lair/colonization, you can get about 21 hp / 8 hrs, or 9999 in just 476 days and it wont cost you anything!

Now if you can convince your whole ls to do it, and give you the H-P like in the old dynamis days were entire ls built 1 persons relic, then you could be done in as little as 30 days with 18 people farming form you.

GO my minions, spend 8 hours a day to get me my ergon bell!
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2014-12-03 10:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
GO my minions, spend 8 hours a day to get me my ergon bell!
Club

Fixed for truth :P
[+]
By dustinfoley 2014-12-03 10:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, same concept.