Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Get 3 out of the 12 rings for completing SoA
Get 3 out of the 12 rings for completing SoA
By Lizk 2014-11-08 16:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Get 3 but they are random, this guy is going to make a petition again saying that is not fair and that he would be happy just with the one he chooses.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-08 16:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
It's called pipedreams, sweetie.
Some of us are educated/experienced enough to recognize them.
Especially when they are so based in greed and lack of decision making skills.

EDIT: these rings are good, but they aren't your children, and you aren't Sophie. So stop being greedy and make a decision based on the job/s you most care to help and/or that are most helped by one of these rings.
(Eg: my choice is the DT2 one. Sure my WHM would love 55% cure potency, but RUN benefits from the PDT more than WHM needs that 5% overcap cure potency.)

The DT2 ring is a potential mistranslation. The JPS ring says DT-7%
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-11-08 16:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Having to choose between sidegrades is one thing, having to choose between best-in-slot options is another. Do I think SE should just give us more than one ring for going through the relatively easy (so far) storyline? No. Giving people the chance to earn more than one through another method would be nice, though.

This. Give it a few months after this update, add a quest that requires you to do multiple WKRs, Skirmish, Delve, reives, etc. Essentially a grind fest designed to earn another ring with time. I do hope they stay away from requiring Bayld, each further use they add is just more potential HPBs out of the system.

I could kinda sorta support 3 if one was automatically Orvail. Seems kinda silly to put a crafting enhancing item along side battle improving items.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-08 16:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly kinda liked when they got away from these choices. One of the key aspects to XI is being able to level all the jobs and forcing us to pick kinda disappoints me.

The rings are not so epic that you can't live with out them but as someone who really likes to maximize anything I play on it does annoy me a bit.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-11-08 17:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Movement+ gear never stacked afair.
some does. I can't remember what did and didn't though.

edit: don't kid yourselves, excluding dring and perhaps eponas, these rings are in a league of their own.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-11-08 17:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really like that they put utility rings in with offensive rings. Having to chose between crafting/movespeed/TH and the other ones is a little lame.

Making a new category and having them all be unique-equipped so you can't equip more than one at a time would get around being op by being able to equip more than one.

IMO there should've been three categories, Mage - Melee - Utility. Unique equipped so you can't equip more than one at a time.

Deciding which to pick is going to be hard Q______Q
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-11-08 18:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Sylph.Malphius
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2014-11-08 22:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually staggering the number of people that would rather advocate against their own best interest than for it. Keep in mind there are 12 rings here. There is a simple way to keep the balance while still letting you choose three rings. Categorize them into something like "Physical", "Magic" and "Misc". That would let you get ONE ring for your DD, ONE ring for your mage and ONE ring for crafting or running fast or whatever. That still leaves NINE other rings you can't have. It's pretty reasonable to me to ask for more. Square is pretty good about listening to player requests now and even if they only offered an additional ring, that's a win.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-11-08 22:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i like that we only get one ring. you can go around and see the choices people make and you know they care particularly about certain jobs based on that choice (or they just make really bad choices, lol).
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-09 00:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if the TH ring would bump Bounty Shot up to TH5 instantly if you macro it, Chaac Belt, and Emp Gloves +2.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-09 00:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
you can go around and see the choices people make and you know they care particularly about certain jobs based on that choice (or they just make really bad choices, lol).

This is what I always say. Seeing what you picked shows me how bad you are. But, having 12 choices, is a bit excessive... I mean come on... 2 would/should/is totally reasonable.

All other reward scenarios the most you can choose from is 5, being Divine Might.

WotG has "options" still only having 8 per section.

The Add-on's do have a massive variety though... even though most of them aren't real options, they do exist. So... don't count on a second ring, sadly.
 Lakshmi.Minivict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2014-11-09 02:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the dmt2 ring stack with Burtgang? 71% pdt :0
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-09 02:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Minivict said: »

DT2 ring is a potential mistranslation. The JP picture shows it having Damage Taken -7%, not Damage Taken II -3%

By Pantafernando 2014-11-09 02:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

DT2 ring is a potential mistranslation. The JP picture shows it having Damage Taken -7%, not Damage Taken II -3%

Though mistranslating dt-7 for dtii-3 is a major mistake...
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2014-11-09 02:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh dam SE
 Bahamut.Greebo
user: greebo
By Bahamut.Greebo 2014-11-09 03:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaeviathan said: »

Overused meme aside, 3 would be stupid OP. Everyone excels at some jobs, others not so much, so make a decision based on what you prefer to play. And for pity's sake, it's not like 300k Bayld is hard to come by.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-09 03:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Greebo said: »
Cerberus.Kaeviathan said: »

Overused meme aside, 3 would be stupid OP. Everyone excels at some jobs, others not so much, so make a decision based on what you prefer to play. And for pity's sake, it's not like 300k Bayld is hard to come by.

Unless you bot, it isnt hard but its very time consuming. A skirmish run is about 5k bayld in 111, a rakznar 555 is 12000, a 5 min reive is about 3-4k, a wk can have net profit if youre a dd, but you already start with minus 15k.

So, i would advise to make the choice with caution. This 300k fee is stupdly high just to change rings. Though i would say its likely to be nerfed in the future.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-09 03:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

if you cap courier, you can get 50k bayld in ~10 min doing 5x supply run to kamihr

repeat 6x, you have 300k bayld in 24 days with an hourish of effort expended

that's not any worse than CoP rings really

(and the people asking for multiple rings have some serious entitlement issues)
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-11-09 03:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Honestly kinda liked when they got away from these choices. One of the key aspects to XI is being able to level all the jobs and forcing us to pick kinda disappoints me.

The rings are not so epic that you can't live with out them but as someone who really likes to maximize anything I play on it does annoy me a bit.

SE has been going away from the whole every one can play every job idea for a while now. They want specialization and for people to pick a few jobs to gear
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-11-09 04:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Can just pick a ring toss it; pick a new one then ask for gm to refund!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-09 07:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

These rings aren't out yet, they may have changed it from -7% Tier 1 to -3% Tier 2.

Who knows, we will find out on Tuesday.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-09 09:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
SE has been going away from the whole every one can play every job idea for a while now. They want specialization and for people to pick a few jobs to gear

I don't really see much going on that requires you to go all or nothing for a few jobs. There were more before, like when Tamas ring was useful or when the mini-expansion gear was more relevant.

Merits are much more open now. They've increased the number you can do. Job points are a grind but there's no limit to how many you can get. Nearly all gear released can be obtained with no limits. They even took the rare tags off several items such as skirmish gear so you can have various choices. So this last move is honestly a 180 compared to how they have been going.

And really? It's bad for their own business model. Keeping us playing with things we can get but just take a lot of work. So for the rings, it is for a certainty better for them to make them all obtainable and simply put strict requirements, such as content completion or high expense, on obtaining multiples.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-09 09:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, that's the logical way to do it. Pick one, then do some ridiculous grind to obtain a second. and third etc.

That'd keep me and probably quite a few others actually interested for a while. A tanagable reward, equal to the effort put into it.

But, this is square, logic has no place in these conversations.
[+]
 Bahamut.Greebo
By Bahamut.Greebo 2014-11-09 12:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
if you cap courier, you can get 50k bayld in ~10 min doing 5x supply run to kamihr

Exactly, and that's ignoring every other piece of Adoulin content that yields Bayld (WKR, Skirmish, etc). I wouldn't argue with the 300k being reduced to 200/150k, but even as it stands it's not a terrible issue. Some folks just want everything for zero effort, a common mindset in the newer MMO generation I run into frequently across multiple games and platforms, sadly. SE releases some awesome rings, and people still find something to cry about.
 Fenrir.Backpain
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Backpain 2014-11-09 13:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

While SE is at it, I'd like to have my free cat's eye and 3-day ban, please.
[+]
 Sylph.Malphius
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2014-11-09 13:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Greebo said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

It's actually far worse. Straight from wiki: "Can be obtained again once every 27 earth days by discarding your previous ring reward and checking the door to Marble Bridge Eatery." is the requirement for getting a new CoP ring.

Spending 300k Bayld is incredibly excessive. If this is just a way to keep people in reives then they need to increase the amount of bayld boxes that drop or they need to let you buy additional rings for excessive amounts of points like others have suggested.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-11-09 13:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »

So that's why they're making all jobs useful in group play... oh wait...
[+]
 Cerberus.Drklighter
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Drklighter 2014-11-09 14:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a follow-up quest line to get a 13th ring out of this.

This ring would be the most powerful of all the rings and would have all the stats of all the other rings on it. It would be able to rule and control those who wear the other rings. The quest line would lead you into none other than Mount Doom to either get the ring or destroy it. But we all know we would choose the one ring to rule them all, the one ring to find them, the one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

And thus, we discover that the colonization in SoA was how middle earth was formed, and the worlds of final fantasy and lord of the rings are merged.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-09 15:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Drklighter said: »
I see a follow-up quest line to get a 13th ring out of this.

This ring would be the most powerful of all the rings and would have all the stats of all the other rings on it. It would be able to rule and control those who wear the other rings. The quest line would lead you into none other than Mount Doom to either get the ring or destroy it. But we all know we would choose the one ring to rule them all, the one ring to find them, the one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

And thus, we discover that the colonization in SoA was how middle earth was formed, and the worlds of final fantasy and lord of the rings are merged.
So then they will have to make FFXI-2 and we'll be the bad guys?
[+]
 Bahamut.Greebo
By Bahamut.Greebo 2014-11-09 15:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
ged.
So then they will have to make FFXI-2 and we'll be the bad guys?

And j-pop idol sensations?