Get 3 out of the 12 rings for completing SoA
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-09 17:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
I mean, that's the logical way to do it. Pick one, then do some ridiculous grind to obtain a second. and third etc.

That'd keep me and probably quite a few others actually interested for a while. A tanagable reward, equal to the effort put into it.

But, this is square, logic has no place in these conversations.

The logic is there, story reward has been "pick one item only" since DM. All the story rewards are. If you make 2nd ring very time consuming to get, ppl would complain again anyways....."I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PLAY TIME TO GET MY 2ND RING"
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-09 17:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'm not going to argue with you, you're just annoying. And clearly didn't read what has been said up to that post. I already mentioned DM and the unlikelyness of getting more than 1 ring.

The logic statement is "business logic" not "game logic". Keeping people interested > following arbitrary rules. And having some long drawn out grind would keep me interested for a second ring.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-11-09 17:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe 6-8 months from now they'll have a SoA revisited like Apoc Nigh for CoP and you can get another ring!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-11-09 17:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe SE will make some iLVL 145 ring, that comes from a mission/quest fight that ties together COP, SOA, and Abyssea, where you have to fight an über hard Promethia riding Shinryu, with whatever the final boss of SOA telling him what to do.
[+]
By cervelo84 2014-11-09 19:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

WOW PEOPLE ARE BASHING HIM AND SAYING THIS SHOULD NOT BE. WHY NOT SUPPORT IT AND IF IT DOESN'T PAN OUT THEN OK FINE. YOU PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-09 19:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »
WOW PEOPLE ARE BASHING HIM AND SAYING THIS SHOULD NOT BE. WHY NOT SUPPORT IT AND IF IT DOESN'T PAN OUT THEN OK FINE. YOU PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID.

Exactly. The stupidity is STRONG on this topic. Arguing against something that would improve everyone. May as well stop asking for reforged empyrean too.

Well versed how stupid humans can be, but even I'm capable of being amazed on occasion. This level of stupidity certainly amazes.
 Cerberus.Drklighter
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Drklighter 2014-11-09 19:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Cerberus.Drklighter said: »
I see a follow-up quest line to get a 13th ring out of this.

This ring would be the most powerful of all the rings and would have all the stats of all the other rings on it. It would be able to rule and control those who wear the other rings. The quest line would lead you into none other than Mount Doom to either get the ring or destroy it. But we all know we would choose the one ring to rule them all, the one ring to find them, the one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

And thus, we discover that the colonization in SoA was how middle earth was formed, and the worlds of final fantasy and lord of the rings are merged.
So then they will have to make FFXI-2 and we'll be the bad guys?

Exactly, what a great twist and draw to bring in more subs to both FFXI and LOTRO. Lets make this happen people
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-11-09 19:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly. The stupidity is STRONG on this topic. Arguing against something that would improve everyone. May as well stop asking for reforged empyrean too.

Well versed how stupid humans can be, but even I'm capable of being amazed on occasion. This level of stupidity certainly amazes.

The problem is those that these rings are strong and they are only that because you can only get 1. Asking for this makes all the players that support it look like whiners and stupid.
 Sylph.Malphius
Server: Sylph
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2014-11-09 21:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

^ This x 100
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-11-10 13:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you are quite stupid, we all agree.

When you start getting everything in a game, it ceases to be fun. Sure, like Abyssean- god mode it is fun at first. But then you realize there is no challenge. That is why some of us with the forethought are trying to stop people like you from making us overpowered. And don't take what I just said to the extreme. Obviously having an additional ring isn't going to make you ZOMG Uber, but what it will do is take away from having to make a strategic decision in a game. Making strategic decisions is what makes games more enjoyable and separates those who are good at games from those that are there just for a bit of entertainment.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-10 14:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

No actually it doesn't do any of that.

There's no strategy in picking a ring. None whatsoever. You pick the best one. Period.

The only thing strategic is deciding how to hide the fact that you made a stupid decision and picked an inferior ring.

Absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a second or 12th ring. They should be grateful that we consider more than one ring worth obtaining. I WISH they would've let the stupid people who picked Tamas/Sattva rings @ COP have multiple, that way, while they were still stupid, they'd have still gotten the right ring as well.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-11-10 14:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

@ OP
just pick one, you greedy ***
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-11-10 15:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
@ OP
just pick one, you greedy ***

I want a second third fourth ring please. Yes I'm greedy.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-10 15:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-11-10 15:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-11-10 15:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
LOL first moron found!
Idk why you're so shocked; if someone has beastmaster the only movement + they can get is 8% shantotto legs. 18% is a nice increase for dynamis running between TEs and anything else you'd need to run during.

I can't blame someone for choosing the only time that gives them a 10-18% boost from all other options.
skadi feet +1
[+]
By cervelo84 2014-11-10 15:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »

LOL

Post deleted by User.
By gdiShun 2014-11-10 15:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If he's just a WAR/Melee DD, then what else would he pick? Adoulin is a QD/fodder nuking piece. Karieyh is just an inventory/money saver except for a handful of WS. If he has a good Dark Ring, Vocane out. DW WAR hasn't been relevant since '07. Thurandaut for when he's /PUP?

These options are pretty lackluster/situational unless you're RNG, COR or a mage.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-11-10 16:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

gdiShun said: »

If he's just a WAR/Melee DD, then what else would he pick? Adoulin is a QD/fodder nuking piece. Karieyh is just an inventory/money saver except for a handful of WS. If he has a good Dark Ring, Vocane out. DW WAR hasn't been relevant since '07. Thurandaut for when he's /PUP?

These options are pretty lackluster/situational unless you're RNG, COR or a mage.

Crafter!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-10 16:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm honestly somewhat interested in the movement speed ring. Be nice if my chars both moved at the same speed regardless of what job they were on and 12% is the max on most jobs. 18 is a significant improvement on the jobs I usually play. I don't use movement speed hacks so it's fairly valuable for me.

But I haven't yet decided.