Bahamut.Aquatic
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2014-11-06 10:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

COR, BRD, WHM, SMN, SAM or DRK x4

Buffing and Prepping:
We do this regularly as an LS event. COR and BRD buff the SMN and WHM outside with refresh and fast cast. Then Have the COR and BRD drop to the DD PT and buff the DRKs and SAMs (chaos roll, samurai roll, Soul voice marches and atk songs). Have the COR and BRD drop, DDs pick up the SMN and WHM.

Inside:
SMN uses Fenrir's Howl for bonuses, then Astral Flow and Perfect defense with alexander. DDs Rush him once perfect defense is up. Once PD wears, SMN starts slamming Shock Squall until DDs murder him.

*Careful with w/e aura he has up, on one occasion Light SCs were curing him from Tachi: Fudo Spam

*As DRK I went in with TP drain 1 Hour ability, then Souleater+Blood Weapon after PD is down. (Huge resolution damage with soul eater up)

*We hold the record with like 2 mins or so... it's extremely fast if the DDs are competent.

*Reset 1 hours and abyssea (ulegrand zoneboss is fastest) and go again.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-11-06 10:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aquatic said: »
Reset 1 hours and abyssea (ulegrand zoneboss is fastest) and go again.
*** that. MMM all the way.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-11-06 11:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aquatic said: »
COR, BRD, WHM, SMN, SAM or DRK x4

Buffing and Prepping:
We do this regularly as an LS event. COR and BRD buff the SMN and WHM outside with refresh and fast cast. Then Have the COR and BRD drop to the DD PT and buff the DRKs and SAMs (chaos roll, samurai roll, Soul voice marches and atk songs). Have the COR and BRD drop, DDs pick up the SMN and WHM.

Inside:
SMN uses Fenrir's Howl for bonuses, then Astral Flow and Perfect defense with alexander. DDs Rush him once perfect defense is up. Once PD wears, SMN starts slamming Shock Squall until DDs murder him.

*Careful with w/e aura he has up, on one occasion Light SCs were curing him from Tachi: Fudo Spam

*As DRK I went in with TP drain 1 Hour ability, then Souleater+Blood Weapon after PD is down. (Huge resolution damage with soul eater up)

*We hold the record with like 2 mins or so... it's extremely fast if the DDs are competent.

*Reset 1 hours and abyssea (ulegrand zoneboss is fastest) and go again.
More optimized is using war over drks and sams. Bring a thf since drops are what you are after and three WARs doing mighty strikes resolution. On VD it will be dead within PD wearing off. Bonus points if your thf can land new acid bolts with feint up.
And if you are abusing outside buffs, get a geo to entrust right before entering.

The amount of people that don't even know of the awesomeness that is MMM revit is quite staggering.
 Asura.Tarquine
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tarquine 2014-11-07 10:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The amount of people that don't even know of the awesomeness that is MMM revit is quite staggering.

Please elaborate. Thanks.
By Kooljack 2014-11-09 03:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

my first two attempts on this BC were normal. which were both won. second time melted it quite quickly.

3rd attempt ever...difficult rating: got him down to 11%. no outside pt buffs whatsoever.

3sam/war, brd, whm, cor.

meditated to max TP, waited untill my cor hit an XI roll on hunter's, hit lucky#4 roll for chaos, ate sushi, entered BC:

poped brd1hrs and 4songed it with minuet5,4,3 and Victory march. (future runs will opt to do double marches instead, because haste spell reapplication was difficult) ((remember: soul voiced double marches allows you to forgo haste spell and just focus on erase/curaga bombing)) A wise trade off for this fight imo.

normal buff spread, auspice, boost-str, shell/pro, haste

poped every sam ja except berserk (although for future runs I might opt to pop berserk i think sense you are hoping to have yaegasumi+aslyum up twice)

Yaegasumi+aslyum right before engage.

ws. ws. meditate. ws. meiko.

Cor runs in and wildcards.

sams pop Yaegasumi and meiko again. I forgot to aslyum again till late. positioning mishap at the very beginning of the fight otherwise i think i might of had him.

either way only my first attempt on difficult rating and got him to 11% with this strategy.

I would argue a cor hitting wildcard midfight for double meiko/yaegasumi/aslyum(very comparable to PD)and you will have 60seconds of it, if all goes well. imo is much better then PD. and consolidates your annoyance/fatigue of other people's time to just your single 6.

cheers mates. good luck. I know I'l be stomping all over this BC on difficult with my 6 crew in no time
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-09 03:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure your point, people have been winning with that strategy since well before WS patch.. not even worth mentioning now, there are a dozen ways to easily win on D.

Quote:
I would argue a cor hitting wildcard midfight for double meiko/yaegasumi is much better then PD. and consolidates your annoyance/fatigue of other people's time to just your single 6.
only a 5+ resets meikyo and only a 6 resets yaeg, so you only have a 14/36 chance of getting meikyo back and a 7/36 chance of getting yaeg with augmented feet

not that you even need PD, scherzo and earthen armor is enough to guarantee it won't one shot you(and standing at max range is likely to keep you alive as well)
By Kooljack 2014-11-09 03:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

good to know about cor reset for meikyo/yaeg; did not know. just starting to actually get quirky with everything every job has to offer. my crew hasnt even fully beaten VW or Bee delve, or kahmir/marjami. I'm behind on quite a few things; nor have anywhere near picture perfect armor

just thought it was relevent info concerning the thread's posts were not but just a few days ago and didn't notice many; if any, strat's pertaining to a pure 6man.

Comeat: i know your on a different level then most, but given the thread content of talk, i thought it was relevent, no big tho. I'm not claiming I win. just that I had a really good shot at beating difficult rating for my only firs attempt at D without any 6+2man buffing strategies is all
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-09 03:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
Comeat: i know your on a different level then most, but given the thread content of talk, i thought it was relevent, no big tho. I'm not claiming I win. just that I had a really good shot at beating difficult rating for my only firs attempt at D without any 6+2man buffing strategies is all

3rd post in thread:
Quote:
if you dont have friends or mules at hand for outside buffs 3xDD WAR or SAM, BRD, WHM, SMN works aswell for D.

SAM's wait till PD wears with their sp2, WAR's can go all out from start, BRD and SMN need to keep scherzo+EA up full time. use fenrir buffs to try and avoid dispel from taking important buffs.

4th post in thread:
Quote:
2 Nin/run 1 Run/Nin Whm, BRD, SCH or BLM.

That's if you don't want to zerg it down. Also knowing the distance:accuracy gimmick on Light Blade helps immensely.

Setup works for D/VD if you don't feel like zerging.

~10th post in thread:
Quote:
If you don't have friends or mules for outside buffs you can still zerg it easily with War Sam Geo Cor Smn Brd.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-09 07:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

my first two attempts on this BC were normal. which were both won. second time melted it quite quickly.

3rd attempt ever...difficult rating: got him down to 11%. no outside pt buffs whatsoever.

3sam/war, brd, whm, cor.

meditated to max TP, waited untill my cor hit an XI roll on hunter's, hit lucky#4 roll for chaos, ate sushi, entered BC:

poped brd1hrs and 4songed it with minuet5,4,3 and Victory march. (future runs will opt to do double marches instead, because haste spell reapplication was difficult) ((remember: soul voiced double marches allows you to forgo haste spell and just focus on erase/curaga bombing)) A wise trade off for this fight imo.

normal buff spread, auspice, boost-str, shell/pro, haste

poped every sam ja except berserk (although for future runs I might opt to pop berserk i think sense you are hoping to have yaegasumi+aslyum up twice)

Yaegasumi+aslyum right before engage.

ws. ws. meditate. ws. meiko.

Cor runs in and wildcards.

sams pop Yaegasumi and meiko again. I forgot to aslyum again till late. positioning mishap at the very beginning of the fight otherwise i think i might of had him.

either way only my first attempt on difficult rating and got him to 11% with this strategy.

I would argue a cor hitting wildcard midfight for double meiko/yaegasumi/aslyum(very comparable to PD)and you will have 60seconds of it, if all goes well. imo is much better then PD. and consolidates your annoyance/fatigue of other people's time to just your single 6.

cheers mates. good luck. I know I'l be stomping all over this BC on difficult with my 6 crew in no time

lol

You were better with making poems than coming up with strategies for battles. And you were not good at making poems.

Many good strategies were put up before this post, then you offer this mess.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-09 08:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like his goatee had an effect on you.
By Kooljack 2014-11-09 11:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

@ COMEMEATME

i c.

Are those strats anything like the one i posted? i dont think so. DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP

mine is so much more straight forward as far as setup goes.

--2xnin run/nin setup doesn't look zergy enough, and will strain your mages if a certain threshold is not obtained quick enough

--2dd+4support, has no whm. which is fine. again lacks zerg power, which can and will have a higher probability of over-straining your mage's more then necessary i'd think? comparing it to my strat.>_>

these setups are trying to hard. mine is straight up none gimmickish.

God forbid i contribute to a thread with a different view, and get shunned down for contributing to OP's question with something other then what's all-ready been posted. Was I repeating information? no. so in my view your being a kinda harsh over the point your making for no good reason especially if I'm posting something that is not rehashed.

=======

can we get some class up in here please? groupies understand something. and let this be a lesson learned.

@kenrusai

many good strategies eh? like 2, or 3 ? man post something that has some real balls to it eh?
really again with the poem thread? your just flailing now. your a tag poster who's doesn't think about context and posts based on emotions. it's kinda trashy; step up your game if you gonna tango. let me guess a cute gif or political correctness of my spelling and grammar now?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-09 12:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

--2xnin run/nin setup doesn't look zergy enough, and will strain your mages if a certain threshold is not obtained quick enough

Um no, your NIN's must suck then, NINJA can dish out a ***ton of damage and HUGELY MITIGATES DAMAGE.

if your WHM is pushed on this get a new WHM, cos that's appalling.

--2dd+4support, has no whm. which is fine. again lacks zerg power, which can and will have a higher probability of over-straining your mage's more then necessary i'd think? comparing it to my strat.>_>

I assume this is your strat? Because the 2nd comment from Comeatmebro stipulated 3 DD 2 support 1 WHM... Think you may have lost something there with reading or w.e....

these setups are trying to hard. mine is straight up none gimmickish.

Go Hard or go Home, your strats are no Different but you're trying to make them sound different.

@kenrusai

many good strategies eh? like 2, or 3 ? man post something that has some real balls to it eh?
really again with the poem thread? your just flailing now

Balls aye, in case you forgot this is a game, people go to it for a win, people don't go to it for a lol flop.

To Define Many, as this seems to escape you completely.
Code
many
ˈmɛni/
determiner, pronoun, & adjective
determiner: many; pronoun: many; adjective: many; comparative adjective: more; superlative adjective: most

a large number of.
    "many people agreed with her"

I don't see a number stipulated anywhere so it's down to Semantics.. here's a definition so you can keep up.
Code
semantic
sɪˈmantɪk/
adjective
adjective: semantic

relating to meaning in language or logic.

Relating to how limited the game is, 3 could be considered many, but I guess the logic part may have been a tad much to impose on you.
By Kooljack 2014-11-09 12:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

oh... please... could you post a bigger wall of text to get your point across? You gotta bring in dictionary definitions at this point to fill half your post up? i thought we were beyond this sillyness. a trashy act. live it up (((dictionary definition posts are about being politically correct towards grammar))) called it! surprise me with some substantial context please

the strat with no whm is at the bottom of his post;

again was i rehashing a strategy or contributing to the OP's question? I had something different and unique to post in regards to strategies. grow up please.

groupie fan boy of someone i humiliated. go away. come back when you can stop giggling at your own profound self-professed dictionary wisdom

I didn't even get a chance to drop a, dia2 - lightshot, my first attempt at D rating. I had a positioning mishap and got him down to 11% with him standing next to my mages the whole time. hardly a flop
By Fasaga 2014-11-09 12:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Two top tier DD's that highly buffed provides more than enough DD power to zerg this BC before PD wears off.
By Kooljack 2014-11-09 13:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

ok ok big deal, i posted a different strategy no need to have 5 groupies being emo over it

groupie fanboy kenrusai below, with rhetoric about an inferior strategy that works just as good as any. good work. good day. humiliation deserved.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-09 13:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

oh... please... could you post a bigger wall of text to get your point across? You gotta bring in dictionary definitions at this point to fill half your post up? i thought we were beyond this sillyness. a trashy act. live it up

the strat with no whm is at the bottom of his post;

again was i rehashing a strategy or contributing to the OP's question? I had something different and unique to post in regards to strategies. grow up please.

groupie fan boy of someone i humiliated. go away. come back when you can stop giggling at your own profound self-professed dictionary wisdom

I didn't even get a chance to drop a, dia2 - lightshot, my first attempt at D rating. I had a positioning mishap and got him down to 11% with him standing next to my mages the whole time. hardly a flop

You're correct, what you offered up is different and unique. In that, it's the only strategy here that is terrible. Every other strategy offered up in this thread is better.

Don't advocate bad strategies when better ones were already posted, we don't care if it's "unique" or "different", if it's overall inferior--which it is, then it belongs in the trash. Much like your poem.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-11-09 13:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, popping meikyo is a pretty terrible idea in moderate to high haste situations. You lower your damage by using it.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-09 13:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we move to next battlefield?
By Kooljack 2014-11-09 13:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I by no means claim to know much about XI math

moderate to high haste situations hmmm wouldn't that be all situations? sense lv 75 era you didn't go start an xp pt without capped magic/gear haste. first lesson learned about forming a pt of any kind, you don't never not give yourself max haste.

someone chime in here, why would you not have a high haste situation 100% of the time? its a staple. capped magic haste is the first rule to PT formation is it not?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-09 13:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Can we move to next battlefield?

no, shut up
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-11-09 13:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I by no means claim to know much about XI math

moderate to high haste situations hmmm wouldn't that be all situations?

Pretty much when you are not solo, even then if you have bard trust out you probably have too much haste to use meikyo.
By Kooljack 2014-11-09 13:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't even understand at all. so a samurai with max haste is pointless to use meikyo? i don't even... is there anyone else able to substantiate this claim? sense when is hitting 10 more times much more important then wsing another 5 times

Max haste compliments meikyo.. sam relic feet augment tp used down to 750. haste is complimenting your ability to get back to another 5-7k dmg spike. sense when is doing 5 hits for 2k dmg more important
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-11-09 13:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't even understand at all. so a samurai with max haste is pointless to use meikyo? i don't even... is there anyone else able to substantiate this claim? sense when is hitting 10 more times much more important then wsing another 5 times

You're telling me you don't sit there without TP while meikyo is still up, swinging and gaining 0 TP? I guess if you turn around with your back to the mob you don't have that problem.
By Kooljack 2014-11-09 13:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't know. why would i be swinging and gaining 0 tp? someone help please, this has to be a crazy ?

honestly i've only started to do AA fights and actually start popping meiyko recently. i am no expert. infact I'm what you call someone who knows very little on game mechanics. i only truely question you for understanding. honestly

break this one down to me on a stupid level so i can improve my gaming knowledge ((not trolling, i honestly want to know what he is talking about))

he's talking about non max haste situations which i have no experience about. And meikyo is less dps when max hasted on sam? really??? groupies please chime in here
By Fasaga 2014-11-09 13:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't know. why would i be swinging and gaining 0 tp? someone help please, this has to be a crazy ?

honestly i've only started to do AA fights and actually start popping meiyko recently. i am no expert. infact I'm what you call someone who knows very little on game mechanics. i only truely question you for understanding. honestly

break this one down to me on a stupid level so i can improve my gaming knowledge ((not trolling, i honestly want to know what he is talking about))
During meiyko your swings do not generate TP, while it is not advised to use the ability at the start of a fight, if you can time it correctly, I.E. NM 15-25% and you know it will be dead within 5 weaponskills, then you are better off using it than not.
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-11-09 13:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »

You're telling me you don't sit there without TP while meikyo is still up, swinging and gaining 0 TP? I guess if you turn around with your back to the mob you don't have that problem.

when you pop meikyo, you use meditate after 2 ws. Also sometimes yaeg might still be up and you also get tp this way.
By Kooljack 2014-11-09 13:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

holy ***, i did not know that. samurai just lost big brownie points from me.

um so can I cancel meikyo after getting my ws's out if it though possibly?
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-09 14:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You play SAM but didn't know how its SP1 works?

lulz

Yeah I'm going to listen to you about any strategy about the game when a job you play you don't know one of it's main level 1 JA.

Sp1 btw gives you some 300 tp effect on intitial ws.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Meikyo_Shisui

Quote:
Unlike with Sekkanoki, the TP modifier of the WS performed will be based on the amount of TP the player had prior to performing the WS, despite only using 100% TP. For example, if a player uses Meikyo Shisui and then uses Tachi: Enpi three times, the first use will have a 300% TP modifier, the second will have 200%, and the third will have 100%.

Take into account you use Max Haste : You would be losing 1 ws (1200+ to) to use the JA due to Animation delay etc so you lose 1 ws but gain a 3000 TP ws, This in itself isn't terrible, as if you poped meditate during or after the first ws on SP1 you get to us 300 tp ws > 240 tp ws > 180 ~ etc etc etc, this can make it very strong and not a DPS loss really.

And yes you can cancel SP1, if on a keyboard hit the f key without anychat log open and you can cycle through your buffs (if you're fast on xbox using Y button you can cancel this in less than half a second, if not then you suck.)

The cancel addon allow this also with this Macro:

/console cancel 54
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-11-09 14:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ok ok big deal, i posted a different strategy no need to have 5 groupies being emo over it

groupie fanboy kenrusai below, with rhetoric about an inferior strategy that works just as good as any. good work. good day. humiliation deserved.

you get way to defensive when someone poopoo's on your thoughts. I dont think its healthy to post if you cant handle the ***you might get for it.

kind of seems like you arent very mature in the ways of the internet yet and you still have pretty soft skin.

also being dumb and emotional at the same time isnt helping you much either.
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-11-09 15:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

You play SAM but didn't know how its SP1 works?

lulz

Yeah I'm going to listen to you about any strategy about the game when a job you play you don't know one of it's main level 1 JA.

Sp1 btw gives you some 300 tp effect on intitial ws.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Meikyo_Shisui

Quote:
Unlike with Sekkanoki, the TP modifier of the WS performed will be based on the amount of TP the player had prior to performing the WS, despite only using 100% TP. For example, if a player uses Meikyo Shisui and then uses Tachi: Enpi three times, the first use will have a 300% TP modifier, the second will have 200%, and the third will have 100%.

Take into account you use Max Haste : You would be losing 1 ws (1200+ to) to use the JA due to Animation delay etc so you lose 1 ws but gain a 3000 TP ws, This in itself isn't terrible, as if you poped meditate during or after the first ws on SP1 you get to us 300 tp ws > 240 tp ws > 180 ~ etc etc etc, this can make it very strong and not a DPS loss really.

And yes you can cancel SP1, if on a keyboard hit the f key without anychat log open and you can cycle through your buffs (if you're fast on xbox using Y button you can cancel this in less than half a second, if not then you suck.)

The cancel addon allow this also with this Macro:

/console cancel 54

Yeah, I forgot about the buff to WS being based on current TP, so in moderate haste situations it's probably still worth using.