New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Stellar Fulcrum strategy on D
Stellar Fulcrum strategy on D
By Kooljack 2014-11-09 17:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

phew, i can cancel meikyo after falling below 1000 tp^^

@ systematiccao: thank you for retracting ur dps loss statement; even I, someone who doesn't care to learn the quirks of DD asap, knew something was fishy.
what is this moderate haste situation you speak of? XD
why would anyone build a pt that doesn't have near max magic haste capabilities

yes i don't know much about job abilities, im not an elitist. although I am very good at what i do.*think comeat status of play.* I've been slow playing the game, which is why I'm not bored with it like everyone else. don't act like everyone is trash because their not a die hard DD elitist. change jobs and learn the mechanics as they go. I've accomplished whatever I've set my mind too, I'm a big picture player. mage fatigue is so much more important then knowing every little quirk about said dd jobs. Saving the best for last. my focus is on my mages first and foremost. at some point there will be nothing I can't kill or don't know about DD jobs. I'm not in a race. I'm a scenic player. surprised much?

There are actually quite a few players that have this mindset but the communities attitude keeps them away from conversing with you all
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-09 17:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They also don't converse in the construction of strategies with a serious lack of knowledge on basic mechanics. Well, one does, apparently.
By Kooljack 2014-11-09 18:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

you have a serious pissing problem homie. good grief. I'm honest with who I am, and how I accomplish things. I've done 1 single attempt at D rating and nearly won; without giving a damn about picture perfect gear or being a know it all. to top it off i never activated berserk or cancelled meikyo when i stopped getting tp, and I didnt have optimal brd songs either. And i didnt even dia2/lightshot/debuff. And with a positioning error.

I know I'm not perfect my first time around the block but if my first attempt is a near win without even doing anything near optimal, imagine when i get it down. I always do eventually.

want me to post my 1min video when i get it down to show the strategy works just as good as any?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-09 18:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
yes i don't know much about job abilities

Quote:
although I am very good at what i do.

Quote:
I'm honest with who I am

k
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-09 18:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
want me to post my 1min video when i get it down to show the strategy works just as good as any?

Allow me to reiterate.

3rd post in thread:
Quote:
if you dont have friends or mules at hand for outside buffs 3xDD WAR or SAM, BRD, WHM, SMN works aswell for D.

SAM's wait till PD wears with their sp2, WAR's can go all out from start, BRD and SMN need to keep scherzo+EA up full time. use fenrir buffs to try and avoid dispel from taking important buffs.

'your' 'strategy' (i need to accentuate both words because it's neither unique to you nor a proper strategy):

Quote:
3sam/war, brd, whm, cor.
Replaced one job, hurray.

Quote:
meditated to max TP, waited untill my cor hit an XI roll on hunter's, hit lucky#4 roll for chaos, ate sushi, entered BC:

poped brd1hrs and 4songed it with minuet5,4,3 and Victory march. (future runs will opt to do double marches instead, because haste spell reapplication was difficult) ((remember: soul voiced double marches allows you to forgo haste spell and just focus on erase/curaga bombing)) A wise trade off for this fight imo.

normal buff spread, auspice, boost-str, shell/pro, haste

poped every sam ja except berserk (although for future runs I might opt to pop berserk i think sense you are hoping to have yaegasumi+aslyum up twice)

Yaegasumi+aslyum right before engage.

ws. ws. meditate. ws. meiko.
Jobs using their normal abilities as normal, using sub-optimal buffs, how is this a strategy?

Quote:
Cor runs in and wildcards.

sams pop Yaegasumi and meiko again. I forgot to aslyum again till late. positioning mishap at the very beginning of the fight otherwise i think i might of had him.
So you got yaeg and asylum back, that means you wild carded a 6...

Quote:
either way only my first attempt on difficult rating and got him to 11% with this strategy.
And on top of that, you STILL lost.

Quote:
I would argue a cor hitting wildcard midfight for double meiko/yaegasumi/aslyum(very comparable to PD)and you will have 60seconds of it, if all goes well. imo is much better then PD. and consolidates your annoyance/fatigue of other people's time to just your single 6.
Already went over the high probability of wild card not resetting 1hs, so this is pure stupidity.

Quote:
cheers mates. good luck. I know I'l be stomping all over this BC on difficult with my 6 crew in no time
Shout groups stomp all over this BC on difficult with 6. I don't doubt you'll win, I've won VD after forgetting to buy a KI on SMN and going in with 5. That said, your entire post was just an attempt to brag, you brought nothing new to the table and made a mockery of your own intelligence.

(sorry for beating a dead horse, he PMed me crying for me to come back and respond)
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-11-09 19:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

kooljack: hey guys here's my idea/poem i think its special.
everyone else: it sucks or has already been done, its not special.
kooljack: well your stupid, here's more words to make you feel stupid while also re-enforcing my idea that I am awesome.
everyone else: huh? are you dumb or what?
kooljack: (no response, crying in the corner)

ok done with the derail. now how about those strats that dont involve whms!
By Pantafernando 2014-11-09 20:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys keep getting worse everyday.
By Zoltar 2014-11-10 08:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Slightly off-topic, what jobs can solo this on VE? Will BST work?
 Phoenix.Kaoriasada
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kaoriasada 2014-11-10 08:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend and I do SAM, SAM, SMN, WHM, RDM, COR, BRD. Have a BRD buff party outside, then drop party. Invite the summoner. COR does Allies and Chaos. SAMs zergs. RDM kills the geomancy elementals. SMN keeps up earthen armor and does perfect defense in the beginning. Works for us and we get it done before NITRO songs wear off.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-11-10 10:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Slightly off-topic, what jobs can solo this on VE? Will BST work?
I know there's someone on Odin that's been soloing it on VE on BST, but I don't play that job at all so I can't offer any advice myself.