Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-07 13:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tehshiarua said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Crevox said: »
Entrust allows a second indi on a party member, allowing you to run: Indi, Entrust-Indi, GEO ...all at the same time. Also, you can use Entrust, pop an indi on someone, and then leave party. They will keep it. I can only imagine the fun out of party strats people are going to do like they already do with bard.
If you got lucky with Random Deal I wonder if you could do another Entrust-Indi on another person in the same party.
Man, idk if this would work. Can someone from the GEO community test this? Cant play FFXI for a bit, so I'd really like to see how effective this could be. It would essentially allow CORs + GEOs to cheat, by prebuffing with Bolster/2 Indis, and then WC for an additional (and new bolster). That would indeed be game breaking imo, but would make GEO a REALLY good prebuffer. One could Bolster > EntrIndi (COR RD) > EntrIndi and then drop party before someone enters battlefield. Yes I know its only 3minutes, but for those 2:30 or so, you're a demigod.
According to the Dev Tracker it was stated Bolster and Geomancy+ skill gear doesn't work on entrusted colures, though it does state that JA refreshment will let you entrust more than one.

Link please? Tried looking for it, can't find it. Need to update notes.
 Ragnarok.Cheweh
Server: Ragnarok
user: cheweh
By Ragnarok.Cheweh 2014-10-07 13:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Ninja badass now?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-07 13:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tehshiarua said: »
Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Crevox said: »
Entrust allows a second indi on a party member, allowing you to run: Indi, Entrust-Indi, GEO ...all at the same time. Also, you can use Entrust, pop an indi on someone, and then leave party. They will keep it. I can only imagine the fun out of party strats people are going to do like they already do with bard.
If you got lucky with Random Deal I wonder if you could do another Entrust-Indi on another person in the same party.
Man, idk if this would work. Can someone from the GEO community test this? Cant play FFXI for a bit, so I'd really like to see how effective this could be. It would essentially allow CORs + GEOs to cheat, by prebuffing with Bolster/2 Indis, and then WC for an additional (and new bolster). That would indeed be game breaking imo, but would make GEO a REALLY good prebuffer. One could Bolster > EntrIndi (COR RD) > EntrIndi and then drop party before someone enters battlefield. Yes I know its only 3minutes, but for those 2:30 or so, you're a demigod.
According to the Dev Tracker it was stated Bolster and Geomancy+ skill gear doesn't work on entrusted colures, though it does state that JA refreshment will let you entrust more than one.

Link please? Tried looking for it, can't find it. Need to update notes.

It wasn't in an NA post, but part of a JP post or interview about this last update.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-07 13:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Cheweh said: »
Is Ninja badass now?

Haven't tested in a group setting, but it's pretty nice. With trust haste/songs, I was able to self SKillchain fairly reliably.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-07 14:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I see. Send me the verbiage or the link to the comment, so I can translate it in Google. I want to see what was said about these Entrust-ed buffs.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-10-07 14:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kincard said:
Entrust (10/3)
I will talk a little bit about the new Geomancer ability, Entrust.
This ability allows you to cast Indi spells on party member, but each character is limited to one Indi spell. This means if you use Entrust, you will be able to simultaneously use spells for the Geomancer, the Luopan, and a party member, for a total of 3 Colures.
If you have a corsair in the party using Random Deal or Wild Card, you can create even more colures!
(It should be noted that there is a limit in that Bolster cannot be used for Indi spells casted on Party Members, and the effect "Geomancy +" will also not apply to members given Indi spells through Entrust)
We think this is a very effective and versatile ability, and we hope players experiment with it in various ways!

I don't think you're going to get a better translation out of googlefish, but if you really want to look at it yourself you can search the dev tracker for 10-3-14.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-07 15:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mhakaracca said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
"Cherukiki's alter ego will not use Haste when fighting an enemy with incredibly high fire resistance."

How does this even happen lol

Welcome to goofy *** automaton AI, now retrofitted for the rest of FFXI so you can feel the 2006-present PUP community's pain LOL.

This is classic PUP Scanner (which is also built into the BLM automaton head even without attachment) behavior. Basically, the Scanner AI routine forces the automaton - or trust in this case - to not cast a spell on a mob that has a very high chance of resisting that element. It's intended to prevent wasted cast cycles and MP on spells that are highly likely to be resisted. Always led to some weird behavior by puppets, like not casting ANYTHING in some fights against highly magic resistant mobs. Standard PUP advice has basically always been DON'T EQUIP SCANNER to avoid this kind of nonsense.

Cherukiki obviously uses the Scanner AI routines, so she's choosing not to cast fire-based spells when there's a mob that strongly resists fire. And Haste is associated with fire. Obviously it's dumb that there's even a check for a PARTY targeted spell (as opposed to a mob-targeted nuke or enfeeble), but hey, S-E.

Haste is of the wind element.

Absorb MND inflicts a Thunder base Status on you but is dark based in spell it self. Don't assume the effect on the person is WInd based because the spell is wind based, the effect of attacking faster may be fire based.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-07 15:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jackieolivas said: »
Skjalfeirdotter said: »

That seems about as close to a "full-time" piece as BRD can get. Definitely my first target from this update.

just no lol.

Where do we begin....

"Bihu slippers" All your precast requirement's right there, these other feet provide nothing easily obtainable gear can't do for you (plus augment which is useful negating the relevance of those feet entirely).

WS? Battlecaster's Gaiter's better imo, STP for WS nice on a job with no STP and better WS stats.

Debuff?

Quote:
[Feet] All Races
DEF:64 HP+13 MP+14 STR+7 DEX+8 VIT+7 AGI+30 INT+14 MND+16 CHR+24 Magic Accuracy+10 Evasion+55 Magic Evasion+107 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+3% Avatar perpetuation cost -3
LV 99 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH GEO

These still win, this is before augment, augment is +20 Macc making these a good +15 better (minus CHR : macc ratio which is presummed to be 1:1 at this time).

Duration? No...
Quote:
[Feet] All Races
DEF:46 HP+36 MP+42 STR+4 DEX+7 VIT+4 AGI+21 INT+11 MND+11 CHR+24 Evasion+26 Magic Evasion+73 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Wind instrument skill +10 Haste+3% Increases song effect duration
LV 99 BRD

10% duration right there... Not look great plus extra skill for higher tier Minuets etcs.

Set bonus gear? I won't post the AF3+2 feet but they add +1 STR to minuets and +1 DEX to Marches.

Conclusion: These new brd feet are inferior to every other piece we have had for months.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-07 15:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I see. Send me the verbiage or the link to the comment, so I can translate it in Google. I want to see what was said about these Entrust-ed buffs.

It's true I checked this yesterday, can't find the link anymore however.

Easy to confirm in game now though
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-07 15:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So for the new items based on names most of them are seeming obvious.

Weird one though, the Neritic Earring would be from Leviathan. Anyone got one yet?
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-10-07 16:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Alot of these new items are trash.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-07 16:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mckeag said: »
As is standard, working as intended, standard operating procedure etc. It's like you forgot the entire previous update was junk too, except for windbuffet. And the one before that... etc.

I know, I know, someone will argue marginal valueless sidegrade situational non-sense, not listening.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-07 16:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
As is standard, working as intended, standard operating procedure etc. It's like you forgot the entire previous update was junk too, except for windbuffet. And the one before that... etc.
Huh? There were tons of decent upgrades that the last update added. This update is pretty terrible when comparing items.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mckeag
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-10-07 16:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Quote:
Huh? There were tons of decent upgrades that the last update added. This update is pretty terrible when comparing items.

Thank you..
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-07 16:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Leviathan.Mhakaracca said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
"Cherukiki's alter ego will not use Haste when fighting an enemy with incredibly high fire resistance."

How does this even happen lol

Welcome to goofy *** automaton AI, now retrofitted for the rest of FFXI so you can feel the 2006-present PUP community's pain LOL.

This is classic PUP Scanner (which is also built into the BLM automaton head even without attachment) behavior. Basically, the Scanner AI routine forces the automaton - or trust in this case - to not cast a spell on a mob that has a very high chance of resisting that element. It's intended to prevent wasted cast cycles and MP on spells that are highly likely to be resisted. Always led to some weird behavior by puppets, like not casting ANYTHING in some fights against highly magic resistant mobs. Standard PUP advice has basically always been DON'T EQUIP SCANNER to avoid this kind of nonsense.

Cherukiki obviously uses the Scanner AI routines, so she's choosing not to cast fire-based spells when there's a mob that strongly resists fire. And Haste is associated with fire. Obviously it's dumb that there's even a check for a PARTY targeted spell (as opposed to a mob-targeted nuke or enfeeble), but hey, S-E.

Haste is of the wind element.

Absorb MND inflicts a Thunder base Status on you but is dark based in spell it self. Don't assume the effect on the person is WInd based because the spell is wind based, the effect of attacking faster may be fire based.

Absorb type spells fall into a weird category because it's one element, but negatively impacting a different one. Absorb-MND is thunder based, because it overpowers the MND element(water). Thunder>Water.

But, just because a spell or JA is based in a certain element, that doesn't mean that it can be influenced by a different one or protected against via element specific bar-spells.
By kujataseraphi13 2014-10-07 16:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lololol

Entrust: 10 minute recast time, duration all of 60 seconds.

Then a cor will Wildcard (That is a one hour ability for those of you drooling) and "maybe" you can use Entrust again. So according to what people are all excited about... only 2 people "maybe" will have an extra bubble for 1 minute.....

Show of hands, how many people have completed a DM2 or a Delve run in 1 minute?

I will save my excitement for something not pointless. You people disappoint me wasting wildcard before a run even begins. GET REAL.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-07 16:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

kujataseraphi13 said: »
Lololol

Then a cor will Wildcard (That is a one hour ability for those of you drooling) and "maybe" you can use Entrust again. So according to what people are all excited about... only 2 people "maybe" will have an extra bubble for 1 minute.....

I will save my excitement for something not pointless. You people disappoint me wasting wildcard before a run even begins. GET REAL.

Entrust carries over duration so the uptimes really like 3.5minutes or so. It's a powerful as *** JA any way you slice it.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-10-07 16:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lololol

Congratulations! You've won "Dumbass of the Day" award for one of the stupidest posts I've seen in a very long time!

Entrust does only last 60 seconds, yes. That's 60 seconds for me to place an Indi spell on a party member. The indi spell itself lasts for the full duration of 3 minutes + is affected by Indi+ gear.

If you don't place an Indi spell on a party member in that 60 seconds, then yes, you wasted the job ability.

A little research goes a long way. Congratulations on making yourself look like a complete nimrod.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-07 16:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

While it is pretty lackluster, you could save it towards the end, and use Entrust, Cor uses Random Deal, use Entrust, Cor uses Wild card, use Entrust, Cor uses Random Deal, use Entrust. That would give your DD an extra bubble for 4 minutes, and all Random Deals and Wild Cards would give your DD some resets on other JAs also.

Edit:: I don't play GEO, so I also assumed that the extra bubble was only active for 60 secs, and not the full base duration.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-07 16:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuja super lol at his post
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-07 16:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Kincard said:
Entrust (10/3) I will talk a little bit about the new Geomancer ability, Entrust. This ability allows you to cast Indi spells on party member, but each character is limited to one Indi spell. This means if you use Entrust, you will be able to simultaneously use spells for the Geomancer, the Luopan, and a party member, for a total of 3 Colures. If you have a corsair in the party using Random Deal or Wild Card, you can create even more colures! (It should be noted that there is a limit in that Bolster cannot be used for Indi spells casted on Party Members, and the effect "Geomancy +" will also not apply to members given Indi spells through Entrust) We think this is a very effective and versatile ability, and we hope players experiment with it in various ways!
I don't think you're going to get a better translation out of googlefish, but if you really want to look at it yourself you can search the dev tracker for 10-3-14.

No, this is good. And what I was looking for. Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-07 16:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That guy doesn't play GEO, so we kind of just ignored him.
By Lizk 2014-10-07 17:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lololol

Butthurt bard who is about to lose his spot on the static detected.
By kujataseraphi13 2014-10-07 17:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol. Strawman argument as an answer. You sound like a dumbass who just realized you got trolled by SE.

Have fun failing on runs when you realize this Entrust thing is bs.

I will continue to play GEO as I have been and not counting on SE bs abilities.
By Lizk 2014-10-07 17:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol. Strawman argument as an answer. You sound like a dumbass who just realized you got trolled by SE.

You sound like a dumbass who just realized you got trolled by everyone.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-07 17:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Leviathan.Mckeag said: »

I know, I know, someone will argue marginal valueless sidegrade situational non-sense, not listening.

Same people who cry when something gets outdated by a new item. Do you even know what you want? lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-07 17:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll accept this as you having no idea what the fk you were talking about.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-07 17:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not getting how entrust is "BS"... It's a free bubble every ten minutes.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-07 17:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not getting how entrust is "BS"... It's a free bubble every ten minutes.

Every 7 or so minutes.

It's also powerful as *** and makes Corsairs the sads.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-10-07 17:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're saying rather than embrace the fact SE has given you the option of a third buff for your party, no matter the strength of it, you're going to completely ignore it and gimp not only yourself but also your party?
[+]