How Would You Balance The Jobs?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How would you balance the jobs?
How would you balance the jobs?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-09-22 06:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Then again we're debating which handicapped kid can run the fastest.
When we go from theory to practics there's another difference you forgot to consider.
+enmity.
Atm PLD has much better and wider choice of +enmity gear, some are really awesome pieces in general and not just for +enmity.
RUN has a very very small amount of options, most of which you can just macro and cannot fulltime.
With the recent changes to cap I'm sure this gotta factor in, and while I agree RUN's damage is likely higher than PLD's, when you factor additional average +enmity gear and other JAs which reduce enmity lost, I think PLD is still on a better position atm.
What gives an edge to RUN is inspiration, allowing for far better spell spammage under certain setups/circumstances, and that might generate a better enmity flow than PLD.

Quote:
So at this point in time RUN can tank anything PLD can.
Thinking about something simple as VD AA fights I'm a bit skeptic about this line of yours.
Or at least, while I see it maybe possible in theory, I think it would be much harder/less efficient than with a PLD.
Which is what other people have been trying to say so far.
It's not a matter of it being possible or not, it's a matter of being easier with PLD.

It's kinda the same type of core-thought that drives the game in many other aspects too.
Many other setups are viable for AA fights, yet people tend to prefer the Tank + RNGs one. Why? Because it's easier, it's more reliable, and this grants you more freedom to bring in PUGs or people who you don't know well, whereas with other setups you have less space for errors and need competent people.
To a certain degree it's the same for DDs and the "current bandwagon one", which changes from time to time.
DD Y and Z were probably very viable alternative to the bandwagon DD X, but why bother when with X you have it much easier?

I think it's exactely the same type of thing, and players tend to choose the most efficient/easier setup to do stuff, unless the difference becomes so negligible than at that point nobody really cares, I guess.
[+]
By Nazrious 2014-09-23 17:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The real issue is that SE has a "just level another Job mentality." Which spurs on crappy geared underskilled players. Pimped out anything can do well problem is a lot of people think its ok to %50 a Job and take it to do Delve 2.0 and higher. Especially seeing this with SAMs right now, Pimped Blu shouldn't be outparsing SAMs n monk that are 80% BIS for all sets.

Even in content like incursion.

But bandwagon will be bandwagon.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-23 23:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
The real issue is that SE has a "just level another Job mentality." Which spurs on crappy geared underskilled players. Pimped out anything can do well problem is a lot of people think its ok to %50 a Job and take it to do Delve 2.0 and higher. Especially seeing this with SAMs right now, Pimped Blu shouldn't be outparsing SAMs n monk that are 80% BIS for all sets.

This really depend on how good the stunner and supports are in incursion. My blu 0 119af, I parsed around the same(1-5 percent difference) as ls SAM full of 119 and much better gears. I almost always outparse PUG SAM.

If all moves are perfectly stunned I suppose SAM should win, but gl getting PUG to do that. The ability to erase slow attack down, rehaste2 asap, and turtle less with harden shell just increases output more than how it looks on paper.
By Highwynd 2014-09-24 00:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They could theoretically reduce JA delay, they did it for ranged attacks which they said are actually an ability (which was why they said they can never implement a ranged auto attack). But it would cause weird animation overlap which SE said they don't like. What about a buff to steps that makes DNC main proc lv3 daze on first step then +1 level with each subsequently, so most dnc would only need to use is 1 and if they want lv 6, they'd only have to use steps 3-4x instead of 5-6. Also give dnc like 3-4 more tiers of conserve tp, starting at level 5, and let them work on dances/steps. Also i think nobody would mind if dnc got auto-regain, but allow the trait to only kick in while engaged and with enmity.
By Highwynd 2014-09-24 00:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually forget the auto-regain, they'll give it to SAMs -_-
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-09-24 00:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK should receive a new SP1. Blood Weapon is a poor excuse.
Blood weapon's recast should be made 6 minutes.
Souleater's recast should be reduced to 4 minutes.
DRK parrying raised to A- or A+. It is currently Rank E.
(To make the Job Trait of Tactical Parry at 95+ make sense...)
Give DRK Inquartata I.
Occult Acumen effect as a DRK main drastically improved.
Raise DRK Marksmanship to C+ or B-
Give DRK actual shield skill. (B- B)
Give DRK Elemental Celerity I.
Give DRK Magic Attack Bonus III or IV.
Give DRK Zied's Abyssal Strike.
Give DRK Zied's Abyssal Drain.
Give DRK Dark Magic Fast Cast.
(Give BLM a lesser version.)
Give DRK resist silence II.
Give DRK resist paralyze VI.
Increase Dark Knight base HP to rank B or B+
Drain and Aspir cast times reduced to .5 seconds like absorbs.
Dark Seal only activates when a Dark Magic spell is cast.
Nethervoid only activates when an appropriate spell is cast.
Reduce the recast of Dark Seal and Nethervoid to three minutes.
Dread Spikes should last five minutes and mitigate 15-25% of the incoming melee damage (perhaps scaling with dark magic) as opposed to 100% for one minute.
(Give Dreadspikes to Black Mage.)
Endark should no longer decay. (Enlight too.)

Remove the boost HP effect from Drain II.
Remove Critical Attack Bonus I and II.

Stun II (BLM too.)
Stunga (BLM too.)
Drainga (BLM too.)
Aspirga (BLM too.)
Impact (BLM too.)
Sleepga I
Dispel I
Blind I
Bio III (Most DRK monsters in the game have this.)
Drain III/IV Give BLM up to III.
Aspir III/IV Give BLM up to III.
Absorb-TP II/Absorb Attri II.
Absorb-ATK/DEF/EVA/MEVA/MATK/MDEF
Absorbs need their base value drastically increased and should not decay.

Scarlet Delirium needs an entire rework. I don't have any suggestions this ability is pure garbage. Anything would be better.

Diabolic Eye needs an entire rework:
Diabolic Eye - Grants the Dark Knight increased magic accuracy, absorb, drain, and aspir potency. Remove HP reduction entirely.

Muted soul should reduce incoming damage by 50% during souleater exceeding the 50% cap as opposed to reducing enmity by 50.

Weapon Bash should be lowered to a 30/45 second timer and meritable down to 20/35 and should use the base damage of the weapon for the damage calculation. (Shield bash too except the DEF value.)
DRK's weapon bash should plague or inflict a status ailment in addition to stun.

Make the liberator augments actually worth a crap and function with spells such as Absorb-Attri.

All circle abilities should be reworked to be useful in a wider variety of situations:

Arcane Circle - Grants resistance to arcana etc, and absorbs incoming damage 15% of the time.

Holy Circle - Grants resistance to undead etc. and increases blocking power, tp gained through blocking and grants enmity over time.

Warding Circle - Grants resistance to demons etc. and increases weaponskill damage.

Ancient Circle - Grants resistance to dragons etc, and increases jump damage, wyvern breath/restoration damage.

All crest abilities should be reworked on all jobs that have them so they can be used on any target.

Arcane Crest - Lowers accuracy, evasion, magic accuracy, magic evasion, and increases all physical/magical damage dealt to target.

Sepulcher - Lowers, Accuracy Lowers Evasion, Magic accuracy, magic evasion, and increases the paladin's block rate.

Hamanoha - Lowers accuracy, evasion, magic accuracy, magic evasion, and increases the Samurai's TP gain.

Dragon Breaker - Lowers accuracy, evasion, magic accuracy, magic evasion, and increases Wyvern breath damage, breath damage and Dragoon Weaponskill damage.
[+]
By Highwynd 2014-09-24 00:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering SMN has Stunga II and BLU has a single target and aoe Stun II, I don't see why DRK and BLM can't.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-24 01:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Scarlet Delirium is good but hard to use, maybe they should up the duration of the dmg boost to 3min.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-09-24 01:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It is most likely one of the worst abilities I've seen in any MMO I have played produced by a non indi entity.

You more often than not lose DPS (if it is even noticeable) by hitting the button. The only reason I hit it is for a drinking game I developed with my LS.

Most people would to themselves a favor by not even macroing it.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-24 02:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you know how it work/when to use it if you lose dps using it.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-09-24 03:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Haaahahahha.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-24 03:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, here a few of the use since clearly you don't know, use it between/before pull in Incursion/delve how could that possibly lose dps?

Ouryu, Stellar; any merit bcnm/delve boss use it before pull/engage how could that possibly lose dps too?

Coupled with diabolic eye, you get an even bigger dmg boost.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-24 05:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never really understood how it works. I hear conflicting explanations all the time.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2014-09-24 06:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

With 3 jobs needed (maybe 4) I don't see any room for balance.
Should as well delete everything that is not SAM BRD WHM and SCH.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-24 06:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah totally delete Geo, that job sucks.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-24 07:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I've never really understood how it works. I hear conflicting explanations all the time.

After you activate the JA, you gain X% of dmg boost to the dmg you do based on on 1/2% of HP you lost of the first hit you take, the dmg boost stay one minute; it's quite good specially in incursion where nothing can one shot you.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-24 07:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Id press the delete button on sam mnk and rng.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-24 07:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

After you activate the JA, you gain X% of dmg boost to the dmg you do based on on 1/2% of HP you lost of the first hit you take, the dmg boost stay one minute; it's quite good specially in incursion where nothing can one shot you.

On an enemy's multihit tp movie, would it consider the total dmg taken or just the first hit?

Thanks for the reply. I'll be testing it out now that I properly understand it.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-24 07:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, here a few of the use since clearly you don't know, use it between/before pull in Incursion/delve how could that possibly lose dps?

Ouryu, Stellar; any merit bcnm/delve boss use it before pull/engage how could that possibly lose dps too?

Coupled with diabolic eye, you get an even bigger dmg boost.

Apart from a drk that is semi buffed doesnt really need the extra att you get from SD most likely with top end gear your att is going to be capped for the content. I know with songs, LR, food and gear im at around 2k+ attack and thats without chaos roll. Hell my cor with songs, food and roll was pushing 1500+ attack from daggers LOL ratt was much higher. So no SD is not a big damage boost no matter how you see it and coupled with DE if you have capped acc which you should you are losing hp for no gains.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-24 08:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No no no and no this is not how SD works you clearly dont understand it.

SD converts damage you take into att+ and matt+ it doesnt give you dmg+X% like what souleater does.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-24 08:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Apart from a drk that is semi buffed doesnt really need the extra att you get from SD most likely with top end gear your att is going to be capped for the content.
Which comes back to: fix Drk by changing caps. With how strong buffs are right now it becomes very easy to cap both attack and haste on many jobs. Drks power is almost 100% based around Last Resort granting huge amounts of attack and Haste, neither of these things matter much right now. If you don't want to fix caps, at least introduce gear options that have allow for dropping haste so that Drk can once again have LR up sets where they gain more DA/TA/QA for a loss of haste that they don't need.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-24 08:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »

No no no and no this is not how SD works you clearly dont understand it.

SD converts damage you take into att+ and matt+ it doesnt give you dmg+X% like what souleater does.

This is correct. If you activate it and the next attack does 400 points of damage, you get attack +200. I assume it gives you the same increase to MAB also.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-24 08:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It is not attack, it is damage how do you guys think we did 9k reso as drk on ig alima at 99?

I know how it work I abused it during vw era and everyone who played with me did the same.
[+]
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-24 09:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Its attack you can even see your attack going up when you get hit and your attack going back down when it wears off. The reason you were getting 9k resos on Iga is a combination of multi attack, att/acc boost, attribute boosts. It was not due to SD alone but rather the massive overkill buffs you were getting from temp items, songs and rolls.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-09-24 09:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

From the community rep:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/13779-dev1024-Job-Adjustments-Scarlet-Delirium?p=187492&viewfull=1#post187492

So yeah, it's Damage+%.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-24 09:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Its attack you can even see your attack going up when you get hit and your attack going back down when it wears off. The reason you were getting 9k resos on Iga is a combination of multi attack, att/acc boost, attribute boosts. It was not due to SD alone but rather the massive overkill buffs you were getting from temp items, songs and rolls.

You can math it all you want, 9k reso isn't possible at 99 on ig alima as drk if it's not dmg.

edit: thx byrth.
[+]
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-24 09:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well everywhere I read at the time it was released said it was att+ not dmg+ so either they changed it or they were just wrong. As far as that att increase I saw then must have been another buff I didnt realise I had on.

9k resos were more than possible hell I was getting 6k+ entropies at that time without SD so reso would be able to.
By Nazrious 2014-09-24 09:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Nazrious said: »

This really depend on how good the stunner and supports are in incursion. My blu 0 119af, I parsed around the same(1-5 percent difference) as ls SAM full of 119 and much better gears. I almost always outparse PUG SAM.

If all moves are perfectly stunned I suppose SAM should win, but gl getting PUG to do that. The ability to erase slow attack down, rehaste2 asap, and turtle less with harden shell just increases output more than how it looks on paper.

No, just No that was not a good SAM unless he was encumbered way way more then you the whole time. What was other DD? 6 man or Alliance?

An AF only blu should not be anywhere near SAM thats properly geared. Also a acc set on SAM goes a long way to help their white in incursion.

Still holds that SE avoids work by giving lame excuses, If they want me to level a minimum of 4 Jobs to cover my bases then give me 3 more wardrobes, or balance the Jobs.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-24 09:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You're missing the important point: Ig Alima, lvl 120; level correction and all that stuff you know? So no, 9k wasn't happening without it on ig alima, you were wrong, happen, we can move on now, this ability is ok and should never be a dps lose wich is my original point.

Also is it very good combined with with diabolic eye for stuff like ouryu/stellar/wopket since the fight doesn't last much longer than 1min, shorter for some(with a good whm, cancel shell on uproot if want screenshot dmg etc)
[+]
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-09-24 09:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SD is very underutilized. It's sad because the JA has an extremely potent potential of giving you up to +49% damage.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13