Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 110 111 112
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-11 13:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Yes not even once, and it was done across two days.
Intimidation is enhanced with Ja's
TP moves can't be intimidated, and the majority of TP gain comes from you hitting it. So, no, it doesn't make a large difference.

Thats exactly what I did:

Cam was used to control TP return and to balance the erratic outcomes from Stardiver/Drake.
Cam was used to weaken Trishula. TP return is a much smaller concern than maximum damage, and everyone here knows that it's a terrible choice of skillchain for Trishula.

Quote:
Minimum buffs were used (capped Haste/angon only) to remove any
possible alterations with Skillchains from buffs.
Guiding Light - Nearby party members gain increased attack, defense, magic attack, and magic defense for a short duration.

Phototrophic Wrath is an AoE Haste II, attack +25%, MAB, and 23 damage Enlight (decays by 1 each hit) for 60 seconds

Both of these are incredibly inconsistant. Furthermore, with Horrid Roar, your haste buff uptime is not guaranteed. You could not have designed a worse test.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-11 13:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Guiding Light - Nearby party members gain increased attack, defense, magic attack, and magic defense for a short duration.

Phototrophic Wrath is an AoE Haste II, attack +25%, MAB, and 23 damage Enlight (decays by 1 each hit) for 60 seconds

Both of these are incredibly inconsistant. Furthermore, with Horrid Roar, your haste buff uptime is not guaranteed. You could not have designed a worse test.

Debatble, since her moves are TP based and she has constant Regain so technically you can still predict her actions and factor all of them from the curve but I digress.

Could switch her with a real BRD then and get capped haste next time, can you offer one?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-11 13:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cam was used to weaken Trishula. TP return is a much smaller concern than maximum damage, and everyone here knows that it's a terrible choice of skillchain for Trishula.
No, No and No "if for the sake of testing astable skill chain outcome".
Cam is capped!!!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-11 13:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we only use stardiver on Rhongomiant for the sake of testing a stable WS damage outcome? Nobody needs AM3, right?

You don't even believe what you're posting, come on.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-11 13:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, Stardiver is used on Trish... AM is always active in every cycle!!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-11 13:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Using a radiance SC instead of ending with stardiver on Trishula is comparable to blindly spamming Stardiver without ever applying AM3 on Rhongomiant.

You know the correct way to use both weapons, why intentionally mess up Trish..?
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-11 13:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

intentionally
Never intentionally, I showed the full breakdown why I picked Cam/Rad cycle.

AND I mentioned I don't mind doing Umbra Path
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-11 13:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is that you biased the 'test'. We have no reason to believe a further 'test' would be any less biased. Personally, I think the only way to incorporate gameplay testing on something like that would be to use someone very far removed from the argument.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-11 13:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously?
Okay then you do it.
If you don't accept my methodical breakdown, go ahead and create your own and stop accusing me of being biased.

Also I asked you to join, I asked anyone to do the test and share.
I don't have any reason to be biased ffs this is BS.

Is that how debates go? the moment you disagree with someone you start with this nonsense.
Do you even care about DRG?

/clap
way to share knowledge.

Im off to LS event.
 Asura.Umopepisdn
Server: Asura
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2017-11-11 14:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The hell is going on in here, all this posting and sims, and you all just came to the same conclusion that was stated like 5-6 pages ago? Why do you perpetuate this nonsense instead just taking it to PMs if you want to argue?

It's like you have to have the last word or are just desperate for validation. I don't get it...
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-11 14:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't need anything from this, my point was very clear.
BG Rho description is incredibly discouraging to anyone to make and its compelety irrelevant, its not even on any other Guide.

I believe I made my case here and no longer interested to point out anything, do as you wish and stay oblivious/closed minded and vulgar.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-11 17:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

didn't get a chance to answer earlier but zanshin (along with a lot of other things) will be added when I do my overhaul to support the new UI i have coming.

zanshin is an incredibly small boost in the first place and not a priority like it is for SAM.
[+]
 Bismarck.Darcain
Server: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2017-11-12 01:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate your work and dedication to DRG Katriina it's been my main job since day one. I have both Trish and Ryunohige and was thinking about completing Rhongomiant. I look forward to any further testing data you may have.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-13 03:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What gives the moderator the right to delete a post that is related directly to the thread and explains why there is a lot of issues related to Guide?

Without explanation what so ever.

There was no violation to any of forum rules and I demand it to be put back on to show others the evidence.

This silencing of opinions is extremely boring.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-11-13 03:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, if you want to dig on Carrot and Spicy, do it on BG-Wiki or in PMs(which you should check, by the way). Blatant digs and harassment are indeed against the rules, and moderators simply enforce rules.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-13 03:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I checked PM nothing is there, want a screen shot? you can send it again if you like.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-13 08:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicy wrote the guide ==> Spicy must update it in accordance with findings and discussions here or any other platform to ensure transparency without any narrative/feelings or other biases.
he's not required to do anything to the guide

And you are helping with spreading misinformation FYI.
less so than your "skillchain test." even your friend was telling you it didn't prove anything because it was extremely biased. on top of that saying that skillchain damage is erratic means ws are as well since SC damage is proportionate to that. it also means QA valorous most certainly is, so we should avoid that too.

if you want to measure skillchain damage as a factor you can do so with just a piece of paper.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-13 08:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
he's not required to do anything to the guide

Yes he is when all the highlighted "bold" statements are not accurate or proven or even peer reviewed:

[[Aside from even the fact that Farsha receives STR for it's split property weaponskill and Rhongomiant does not, this is still a great weapon, and comes in at #2 in the ranks.
Unfortunately while it wins on spreadsheet paper it doesn't beat a Trishula in reality or via the simulator unless some uncommon or unrealistic situations occur:
If you are maintaining AM3, but are getting amnesiaed.
If you are underbuffed against serious targets with no COR rolls, especially Samurai roll.
This is generally only a slight win of ~1-2% and is easily negated by any skillchaining in a fight, even if you aren't attempting to create any.
No, the 50 VIT doesn't "count for something" as people who really want to like this may grasp at, and no the Afterglow really doesn't help anyone unless they use a critical hit weaponskill with no AM of their own overwriting it. This weapon has a wider variance in it's final DPS than Trishula due to the AM3 so a tie is ultimately a loss in those two ways. Stardiver is also far easier to gear up in strength than Camlann's as well since it relies heavily on 4/5 augmented pieces of Valorous for WSD+.
The only real reason to make this weapon is if you were somehow gated from an Aeonic or buying wins for one. This obviously is almost our best weapon, but there is no solid reason to invest such a good deal of time and money into what is at best an "almost" and for most a "nope" in performance.

Favors a 5-hit Double Attack build. Requires Aftermath level 3 active to be a real contender, but luckily Jump makes this easy.
With this weapon I wouldn't use jump for anything besides gaining AM3 while you are in a haste capped situation]]

t also means QA valorous most certainly is, so we should avoid that too.
I said it right there I can do it with DA5 set and I think QA should factor in if people managed to get it, why hold information from them when they can clearly see the buff to Rho? thats miss information right there.

if you want to measure skillchain damage as a factor you can do so with just a piece of paper.
Do it, and I will keep doing the human induced testes "in game" because thats what counts.

None of your tests factor in human error so why even debate?
Who will benefit from a system that disregards "players input" from using these two weapons.
And for the million times, I don't mind if ANYONE does the test.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-13 08:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

#2 in the ranks

Use QA and almost always Rho #1, Period. and even Perfect DA5 /shrug
Also while you're at it can you activate Torpor in your Sim please when you do your "tests"?

doesn't beat a Trishula in reality or via the simulator

In both cases it did and I provided the information and you can do The same and post yours to validate it or let a third "unbiased" member do it. maybe your bot "carrot"?

especially Samurai roll

When did this ever happen in any fight ever.

No, the 50 VIT doesn't "count for something"
It does matter and I explained it many times you are literally having half a Miso with Rho.

no the Afterglow really doesn't help anyone
Is he assuming that you only pair up with an MS (full-time) WAR?
or Empy AG is almost always crap?
because last time I checked he can pair up with 8 other jobs.
Also: lololololol

it relies heavily on 4/5 augmented pieces of Valorous for WSD+

This is total BS and everyone knows that, also doesn't this apply to SAM? why its not there on SAM guide lol ffs.

time and money
lolololol?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-11-13 08:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

you’re claiming the skillchain you used was because any other would be erratic, which means you think ws damage is since skillchain damage is directly proportional to the closing ws damage. and if you think erratic things should be avoided then qa valorous should be ignored as well.

if only in game counts then stop using the spreadsheet too.

as for who benefits from zero human error? that would be rho.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-13 08:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The guide seems to be a completely accurate assessment to me. If it were me, I wouldn't have wasted all the time outlining the differences just to cater to your ridiculous ranting. If anything, Spicy deserves a medal for his patience.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-11-13 09:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypothesis:

Skillchains are erratic in nature and get affected by many factors.
Problem: Isolate Skillchains to check the performance of Rho vs Trish.

Methodology: introduce stabilizers to isolate this erratic element.

SD>Cam>Drake>Cam>CAM

60% stable with fixed TP return and a constant curve.

Skillchain from Cam will almost always be constant due to the nature of its design.

Gather Data > construct the curve > overlay both curves from each weapon.

Time of kill has enough samples to factor in for percentages.

Divid AVG clear times and check %

Now try to apply this with:

SD>Sonic>SD>SD

Not a single stable element there but its okay
generate your curves and get back to me if they are uniform and don't affect clear times erratically to the point the AVG will look hilarious.

The End

Umbra Path will be done eventually.. Are you willing do it? No okay then I rest my case.
Why? because someone will come say I am biased.
Dogma at its finest.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-13 09:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Goal
Prove rhongomiant is better than trishula in some circumstances to justify my investment.

Methodology
Test both of them, while limiting the influence of trishula's aftermath by using a much weaker skillchain.

Error Assessment
People realized that ending in double camlann's with trishula is terrible. Quickly backpedal, fill many more pages with useless arguments.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-13 09:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Still curious how you fought over 6 hours of Quetz without getting terrored once though, because in a typical fight I would expect to be terrored 3-4 times. The math says you have a better chance of winning the lottery, if every tp move is evenly distributed.
[+]
 Asura.Umopepisdn
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2017-11-13 09:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you just qoute the BG guide, then yourself quoting the guide to argue about it? Am i reading this right? Did that just happen?

Spicy's assesstment is as much about value as it is performance. Its a guide for all levels of play, and i think most of us feel he did pretty damn good job.
[+]
 Odin.Umopepisdn
Server: Odin
By Odin.Umopepisdn 2017-11-13 09:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Still curious how you fought over 6 hours of Quetz without getting terrored once though, because in a typical fight I would expect to be terrored 3-4 times. The math says you have a better chance of winning the lottery, if every tp move is evenly distributed.

Fight from behind.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-13 09:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

With trust healers? He didn't mention it, I'm guessing that the 'test' was never actually conducted and he just killed a few quetz and decided to throw some numbers out to support his argument.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 110 111 112