Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 110 111 112
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-28 19:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG Spreadsheet Update!
Download it here!
(remember, the Download button is in the top-right corner, click on the ellipsis [...] for a little menu)

ADDED: NEW! Augments tab! Has four slots for Olyndicus and Reienkyo, four for Alluvion gear, six for Valorous, and twelve for Brigantia's Mantle. The Reisenjima stuff is all blank, but the rest have some pre-made augments. Currently doesn't support original Skirmish gear, Sinister Reign, Wildskeeper Reive gear, or Updraft Mantle, but these can be added if people actually care. There's a bunch of hidden columns that mostly just take up space but simplify my job, you shouldn't need to look at or care about them.

When adding or changing augments, go to the item of your choice and input the augments into the appropriate stat column. Don't include the base stats, those are handled automatically; you can see the summarized stats in Gear or Gear Lists. Note that changing the name under the Base Item column DOES change the item used for your augment. Handy for anyone with 14 pairs of Valorous Greaves, though it won't regroup items alphabetically or anything.

When downloading a new version of the spreadsheet from here on, you should be able to copy the entire page and paste it over in two seconds. More base items, slots, or a change in layout by popular demand.

ADDED: Fake Rhongomiants with STR/VIT split instead of pure VIT and Harpoon for funsies.
FIXED: Corrected a few items with seldom-used properties like Annealed Lance's Regain or 2H Delay grips.
FIXED: Peltast's Schynbalds/+1 TP Bonus to Spirit Jump.
FIXED: Peltast's/+1 set bonus to Melee DPS.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-10-30 05:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Braden for this spreadsheet!!

According to my current gear and augments it seems that (assuming AM3 up for all):

Target: Apex Bat Lv136

TRISHULA: 2565.71 DPS
RHONGOMIANT AG: 2406.789 DPS
GUNGNIR AG: 2026.002 DPS
RYUNOHIGE AG: 2010.332 DPS

I know we can't take this as a standard but it seems (from an investment point of view to my sets) that Empy or Aeonic will be best option due the the gap between them and the rest...

Any ideas will be highly appreciated.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-10-30 07:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Katriina you should post Your gear set for every pole
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2016-10-30 07:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

And thank you to Braden for his excellent work with SS
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-10-30 10:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »

According to my current gear and augments it seems that (assuming AM3 up for all):

I know we can't take this as a standard but it seems (from an investment point of view to my sets) that Empy or Aeonic will be best option due the the gap between them and the rest...

Umm, what? Did you turn off Mythic AM3 or something? I can't think of any other way to push Ryu so far behind.

Also, AM3 up Ryu gears differently than other polearms. The gearing priority changes, so if you're using the same sets for Ryu as the other polearms, then Ryu is taking a hit there as well. And like Braden mentioned, the use of Fighter's roll would favor other polearms, whereas Sam roll would favor Ryu.

Gonna work on getting my spreadsheet up to date so I can look at this myself.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-30 10:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

oop

I'm realizing I left a few zany settings in the uploaded spreadsheet from my own testing, notably +700 TP Bonus in WS Set 1. Should see if that's still active, anyone who's using this.

edit: Of course, this sheet doesn't show SC damage; your best option is usually going to revolve around working around the best SC available with your team (in which case even Gungnir can potentially be on top).
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-10-30 11:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Braden,

In the DPS sheet, Data sheet. spirit jump stuff.

Cell H 167(Set1) is:
=H91*H149*IF(AND(Setup!$F6=1, Setup!$F10=0),2,1)+ IF(H149>0, IF(Jump!$B41="Peltast's Schynbalds",60,IF(Jump!$B41="Peltast's Schynbalds +1",70,0)), 0)

whereas I 167(set2) is;
=I91*I149*IF(AND(Setup!$G6=1, Setup!G10=0),2,1)+ IF(I149>0, IF(Jump!$W41="Lancer +1",25,IF(Jump!$W41="Lancer +2",50,0)), 0)

Basically, Peltast's spirit jump bonus doesn't apply to set 2 right now.

EDIT: Speaking of zany settings. There's also DA-4% and STP+5 in the soul jump set 1 custom fields.
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-30 11:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, that was my solution to augments before the augments tab came around. Fixed em both. The rest of my personal settings should be gone, but keep an eye out for anything odd or any other math errors.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-10-30 12:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Umm, what? Did you turn off Mythic AM3 or something? I can't think of any other way to push Ryu so far behind.

Also, AM3 up Ryu gears differently than other polearms. The gearing priority changes, so if you're using the same sets for Ryu as the other polearms, then Ryu is taking a hit there as well. And like Braden mentioned, the use of Fighter's roll would favor other polearms, whereas Sam roll would favor Ryu.

Gonna work on getting my spreadsheet up to date so I can look at this myself.

AM was up for all.
I will post the gear set as soon as I'm near the file, but to highlight more things, Ryu set was mainly STP (94 STP in gear with /SAM) build and others were more multi-hit sets (49% DA and 2% QA)and capes were STP for Ryu and DA for the rest.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-10-30 12:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
Yep, that was my solution to augments before the augments tab came around. Fixed em both. The rest of my personal settings should be gone, but keep an eye out for anything odd or any other math errors.
The jump thing was pretty noticeable. Change to Peltast's+1 and dps doesn't go up? wut? Clearly something wrong there.

Now I think any other calculation issues are probably going to be a bit more subtle. I doubt I'd catch anything else. But if I do, I'll post it.

AM was up for all.
I will post the gear set as soon as I'm near the file, but to highlight more things, Ryu set was mainly STP (94 STP in gear with /SAM) build and others were more multi-hit sets (49% DA and 2% QA)and capes were STP for Ryu and DA for the rest.
You'll also want to include buffs and def-%.

Or if you prefer less typing, you could upload your adjusted version of the sheet somewhere for viewing.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-30 12:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just noticed regular Jump doesn't have the VIT bonus applied. I'm too lazy to test to see if Spirit Surge JPs are added before or after the VIT bonus, but I'm gonna put it as before until someone proves otherwise.

edit:
AM was up for all.

my money says Ryu is undercapped on haste and the others aren't (Kentarch vs. Ioskeha)
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-10-30 12:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok here is the breakdown:
DEF -40%
Set 1: Trishula
DPS:4869.653
Rolls: Fighter, Chaos
Songs: MadrigalX2 Honor March
Haste 2
Geo-Furry (Blazed)

Gear:
Skill 274, Str 188, Dex 123, Agi 90, Vit 147, Att 130, Acc 130, DA 46%, QA 2%, C.Rate 2%,Haste 28%, Zanshin 10%, Regain 3, STP 52

Head, Hands, Legs are all Valorous with DA 5% Augments.

Set 2: Ryunohige AG with AM3 Up
DPS:4452.638
Rolls: Samurai, Chaos
Songs: MadrigalX2 Honor March
Haste 2
Geo-Furry (Blazed)

Gear:
Skill 274, Str 167, Dex 127, Agi 89, Vit 133, Att 112, Acc 174, DA 11%, QA 2%,C.Rate 2%, C.Rate 2%, Haste 29%, Regain 3, STP 94

Head, Legs and Feet are all Valorous with STP 9,8,7 Augments.

Even if i Switch to Ioske Belt on Ryu Set Im still lower by 400

Now if i Swap Trishula with RHONGOMIANT AG with AM3 up it gets 5305.907 DPS
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-30 12:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using /WAR? edit: no, you said /SAM earlier

Huh, well there might be some other thing goin on that isn't being mentioned. My current sets with the same buffs have:
Ryu at 4536.398
Rhongo at 4526.925
Trish at 4135.073
Gungnir at 3804.366

With the bottom three using a mult-hit set and Ryu using an STP set.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-10-30 12:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe its because of that 48% multi-hit rate in set 1 since it can proc on AM3?

Thats the issue of augmented gear, the ones I have now favor Rho then Trishula over Ryu.

It looks like I have to wait for more testing to check whats best for my sets.

But Rho seems like a legit weapon to AG anyway.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-10-30 13:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really. You don't seem to be taking opportunity cost for maintaining AM3 into considering or the increased skill chain damage from Trishula.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-10-30 13:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Maintaining AM3 up (for any weapon) is never an issue on DRG, also fights don't even last that long to keep re-applying it anyway.
And in regards to ultimate skill chains its highly dependable on the cooperation of other party members, you will most definitely be right if you were solo/due.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-10-30 13:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. My results are mostly like Braden's. Although Trish never got that close to Ryu in mine. Trish never got ahead of Ryu at all, much less 400 DPS ahead.

I'm pretty sure I'm not matching your config/gear exactly. It's a lot harder to match a list of stats than it is to put the same gear + augs in. But even then, I really can't think of any potential differences that could account for such a massive discrepancy in dps.

I think in order to figure this out, we'll need to see your sheet. And by We, I mean Braden. Since he'd be much more likely to spot the issue than me. Not that I wouldn't look it over if you post it.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-30 13:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Chriscoffey said: »
I believe that and it still remains to be said that for essentially a free weapon by just killing NMs Trish is by far a good choice .

Oh definitely. Umbra Stardiver is way too useful, and there's really no excuse not to make one sooner or later if you have an Aeonic group.

Maybe its because of that 48% multi-hit rate in set 1 since it can proc on AM3?

Thats the issue of augmented gear, the ones I have now favor Rho then Trishula over Ryu.

It looks like I have to wait for more testing to check whats best for my sets.

Yeah, your own gear selection should be more of a factor than what's theoretically possible.

On that note, if people do end up making Rhongomiants, they should be making separate builds for AM3 just like with Ryunohige. It largely favors multi-hits over STP, whereas Trishula and Gungnir benefit primarily from a mix of both.

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Not really. You don't seem to be taking opportunity cost for maintaining AM3 into considering or the increased skill chain damage from Trishula.

SC damage aside (which doesn't necessarily favor Trishula), DRG has a negligibly short AM3 downtime even from 0 TP.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-10-30 13:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure thing I uploaded it here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Xue_1qEzpJUU9mQThHYnNBVFU
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-30 13:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yep, you've got the custom TP Bonus I left in by accident still going on WS Set 1. Also the DA-4 STP+5 on Soul Jump 1 and probably some other crap I fixed just today. You'll want the updated spreadsheet at some point for corrected mechanics, but for now you can just remove any stupid custom modifiers I left in.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-10-30 13:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh thats incredible, Thanks haha!
Yet, should I invest in Rho anyway?
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-30 13:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want, sure. It has a lot of potential in terms of physical damage, but it won't always be the best. Probably the worst in terms of SC damage potential. It'll basically come down to how you tend to play, who you play with, and your patience for farming Chloris buds.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-10-30 14:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thats Great! thanks for the advice ~

I Will Build it :)
By Sidra 2016-11-01 05:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Braden - a few pages ago you posted a basic DRG lua. I am trying to make a few edits to it so that instead of 1 weaponskill set, it includes a different set for StarDiver, Camlann's, and Drakesbane. I am not a programmer, and my attempt at eyeballing it and adding in what I would assume would work is failing miserably. Any chance you can add a few lines of code into it, or just put them here and I can paste them in?

Thanks for all of the DRG work you do.

Also - Smiting Breath - does anyone use this on CD? I have been afraid to because I don't like the animation lock and am worried about swapping battle gear out, even for a second mid battle. But as I add gear and JP - the CD is lower and the breath is getting stronger and stronger to where I am wondering if not using it may be a mistake. Righy now, I pretty much use it if something perfect dodges or invincibles, or sometimes to try and MB.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-11-01 08:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My brain is made of poop right now but I put out an update.

Basically, to add a new set for any given WS, you'll make a set with a name like:
sets.WS["Penta Thrust"]
or
sets.WS["Leg Sweep"]

In other words: sets.WS["<WS Name>"]

If you successfully create a set for a WS and you didn't botch the spelling, the file will recognize it and throw that on for that WS specifically. Otherwise, it'll equip the set labeled "Default" (which mustn't be deleted).

If you want to use the same set between multiple WS, you can do this to simplify things:

sets.WS["Camlann's Torment"] = {blah blah blah, gears goes heres}
sets.WS["Sonic Thrust"] = sets.WS["Camlann's Torment"]

Lastly, note that all WS sets need to be defined AFTER the line that reads sets.WS = {}. Doing otherwise is like trying to put clothes inside a drawer that you never bought. Don't do that, go to IKEA already.

(sorry if you happen to know and understand some of this, but I'm hoping that I designed this file well enough that people can tell what they're looking at without knowing anything about programming)
By Sidra 2016-11-01 09:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks man! Yes even though I have never programmed anything, I can look at an existing one of these and generally follow the logic through. I just don't know the syntax and in some cases proper order things need to go in. Or occasionally I think something should work when in fact something somewhere else in the .lua I am not aware of is impacting it.

Thanks a ton!
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-11-01 14:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidra said: »
Also - Smiting Breath - does anyone use this on CD? I have been afraid to because I don't like the animation lock and am worried about swapping battle gear out, even for a second mid battle. But as I add gear and JP - the CD is lower and the breath is getting stronger and stronger to where I am wondering if not using it may be a mistake. Righy now, I pretty much use it if something perfect dodges or invincibles, or sometimes to try and MB.
This would probably be easier to address if I could figure out what you meant by "CD", in this case. I'm sure it should be obvious, but I've got nothing.

Some other points.

Getting caught meleeing in breath gear is not a concern if you use gearswap. Breaths have very short charge times now(about 1 sec), and the JA delay incurred by the use of the Smiting Breath is enough to have the breath fire then swap back before you melee again(2 sec JA delay.) Since gearswap reacts to the packet for the breath being read, it can snap you back into melee gear the second the breath fires.

This also applies to post WS breath. You can, and should gear for that. It's extra dmg, and you won't land a hit while the breath is firing due to the JA delay from the WS itself. You just have to make sure it's coded well.

As to whether or not Smiting breath is worth using. Again there's that question of what "CD" is in this case... but in general, probably not, unless your melee DPS is exceedingly low. Like physically resistant mobs, etc.

You have to consider the cost of JA delay. if you have 1k dps, and incur 2 seconds of JA delay, for a 1k dmg breath, you just lost 1k dmg. And 1k DPS is really low for a well geared highly buffed DRG. The higher the DPS gets, the more harmful using smiting breath would be.

The exception, as mentioned, being situations where you couldn't do any damage anyway, so nothing was being lost. Invincible, PD, any other form of physical invincibility.

Final note. Magic bursting a breath only affects the magic accuracy of the breath. It won't boost the damage over the unresisted base. If you were getting resisted w/o mb, then it can improve dmg via magic acc, but that's about it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-11-01 14:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Sidra said: »
Also - Smiting Breath - does anyone use this on CD?\
This would probably be easier to address if I could figure out what you meant by "CD", in this case. I'm sure it should be obvious, but I've got nothing.

Cooldown, essentially using the ability as soon as it is ready to be used.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-11-01 14:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhhh. Yeah, I've pretty much never seen anyone in game actually refer to a recast as a cool down in FFXI. And only very rarely in FFXI forums.

In fact.. I think I have a vague recollection of someone having to point this out to me before... Quite possibly on these forums.

In any case, the post stands. Thanks.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 110 111 112