been seeing alot mab +10 and + on NQ stones
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-08-13 09:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Can't decide between Adoulin's Refuge or Ygnas's Resolve +1.
Torn between that -8DT and 25%WSD mainly with respect to WKRs.

Auto RR is the best part of Adoulin's Refuge, the 8 DT doesn't change much.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-13 09:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »

Don't die in reives and you won't need it! Know your place, you don't have to fight the boss if you can't keep yourself alive on it. Just fight adds. Ygnas's Resolve +1 FTW!
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-08-13 09:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Don't die in reives and you won't need it! Know your place, you don't have to fight the boss if you can't keep yourself alive on it. Just fight adds. Ygnas's Resolve +1 FTW!

IDK, fighting the boss then running away to where the mages are for a bit seems like the best way to help. I mean you can go in again and do more damage and the worse that can happen is the tank dies and it follows you to the mages and weakened people.

if you have auto reraise, you dont have to worry about it.
[+]
 Asura.Meekriot
Server: Asura
user: Meekriot
By Asura.Meekriot 2014-08-13 11:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
So far, no comments about the new swapping system.

I cannot explain how happy this makes me. I've never enjoyed the whole gearswap system. I still use the old school macro system, so this update has completely changed my play experience.

Along with the warp ring...
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-13 11:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »

IDK, fighting the boss then running away to where the mages are for a bit seems like the best way to help. I mean you can go in again and do more damage and the worse that can happen is the tank dies and it follows you to the mages and weakened people.

So, you'd rather have it chase you over to the mages, MPK them with AoE, than die and RR over and over. That's much more helpful.

You're THAT GUY that people curse under there breath to move the *** mob away from the crowd...
By Pantafernando 2014-08-13 11:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meekriot said: »
Pantafernando said: »
So far, no comments about the new swapping system.

I cannot explain how happy this makes me. I've never enjoyed the whole gearswap system. I still use the old school macro system, so this update has completely changed my play experience.

Along with the warp ring...

I think i earned 10 levels after this update.
By greebo 2014-08-13 11:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »

So, you'd rather have it chase you over to the mages, MPK them with AoE, than die and RR over and over. That's much more helpful.

You're THAT GUY that people curse under there breath to move the *** mob away from the crowd...

Me thinks you misinterpreted his sarcasm. He pretty much said "dying w/ RR better than MPK'ing mages."

On the subject of gear sets vs gearswap, I'm esctatic. Im running FFXI on some Vista garbage (while I build my new PC) and current Windower versions seem to cause POL or FFXI to crash too much to be feasibly used. I've been suffering /equip macros and the new system makes everything super nice.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-08-13 12:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

saw someone say "the new macro system is too complicated for me" a bit ago. lol. is this even remotely complicated for anyone? there is no excuse for not changing gear at this point given how easy it really is. lol no one needs to say anything because its a success lol
By Presidentmerman 2014-08-13 12:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It took me a few minutes to figure it out once I did it was like eating pie. It was the best. Those who say it's hard are probably the same ones who don't change gear from WS TP so on. I'm on xbox btw.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-08-13 13:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

thats good to hear lol
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-08-13 13:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

greebo said: »

Me thinks you misinterpreted his sarcasm. He pretty much said "dying w/ RR better than MPK'ing mages."

On the subject of gear sets vs gearswap, I'm esctatic. Im running FFXI on some Vista garbage (while I build my new PC) and current Windower versions seem to cause POL or FFXI to crash too much to be feasibly used. I've been suffering /equip macros and the new system makes everything super nice.

The people who mpk the whole group like that arent sophisticated enough to use this site, except for a few non-gear changers.

A good tip is that if you see the name Sieha then assume sarcasm.
 Phoenix.Phaeon
Server: Phoenix
user: Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2014-08-13 13:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The only problem I've had so far with the equip sets is that there aren't enough slots. With only 20 available sets, you can really only make sets for 3 or 4 jobs, depending on what job and what sets you consider worth making. It's much more convenient than using individual /equip commands, but it's be really nice to have 100 or so instead of 20.

Also, Skirmish:
Did a few short runs yesterday, Rala version. Saw Uragnite twice, it dropped Axe both times. Other NM's and drops we encountered were Gallu (H2H), Gallu (Dagger), Dvergar (Sword), Corse (Great Sword). We got another Dagger, but I forgot what it dropped from.

I augmented my Dagger with a few stones:
-Snowslit: def +3
-Snowtip: ranged atk +3 ranged acc +3 (iirc)
-Leafslit: Magic damage taken -1%
-Leafdim: Magic burst damage +1%
-Snowslit +1: Atk +4 Acc +4
By greebo 2014-08-13 15:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Phaeon said: »
The only problem I've had so far with the equip sets is that there aren't enough slots. With only 20 available sets, you can really only make sets for 3 or 4 jobs, depending on what job and what sets you consider worth making. It's much more convenient than using individual /equip commands, but it's be really nice to have 100 or so instead of 20.

I'm still playing 'catch up' since I returned to FFXI a month ago, and even with the limited gear I have, I've used half my equip sets already for sammy. Lol...

At least it was mentioned in official dev posts they plan on adding more set slots, but 20 is pretty small, especially in light of the number of jobs available. I would have preferred each macro book slot have its own allotment of equip set slots, even if each was only 20 or even as low as 10 per.