Hitting the dog with a newspaper

[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-12 14:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So, these new Skirmish weapons... Unless something incredible comes from augments they don't look too impressive for 119s, as many people have noted.

But considering they come from Rala/Cirdas, would anyone really be surprised if the next phase of Skirmish is a new Alluvion Yorcia Weald, where you can upgrade 119 Alluvion weapons to +1? And potentially then a Ra'Kaz for +2 in the same model as original Skirmish? Possibly even end up with item levels higher than 119 by the time that happens...

In any case, I'm sure as hell not wasting gil on random augments (even if you can influence the augment for melee/ranged/magic/pet by type of stone) for gear that I'm very suspicious will be revamped in a few updates.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-12 14:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Checking the weapons, seems like a sidegrade from skirmish, being the only advantage (suposing augments have same range, what isnt by any mean verified, just speculation) the fact you can avoid some augments, so reducing the randomness of the augment process.

That said, i dont expect yorcia alluvion will have +2 gear, and probably not even a better gear, but if anything, a similar gear but with more control of augmetns, what it seems to be the new skirmish premise, by adding several new stones.

So, odds are, if you have a perfect otronif or hagondes, most likely a possible yorcia alluvion wont obsolete that, but give other players a better chance of good augments.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-12 14:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I do think SE is done updating the Skirmish 1.0 weapons/armor, but this Alluvion Skirmish seems like a nice reset point to give new gear in the exact same sequence as original Skirmish.

Rala/Cirdas: Base weapons
Yorcia: Weapons +1, Base armor
Ra'Kaz: Weapons +2, Armor+1

Who knows, maybe these take us into 120s item levels in the coming months, along with reforged Empy armor and other new items.

As for appearance: if they do add new armor sets for future stages of Alluvion Skirmish, I've seen a theory that is pretty compelling to me. New Skirmish armors could use the model from the black set of the old Ebur/Ebon/Furia (White/Black/Red) models. Legion points armor reused the white set, Skirmish 1.0 armor used the red set. The black set showing up again fits with the kind of logical progression the current dev team seems to like, and with the planned re-use of existing resources.

They also might have learned some lessons from the original Skirmish/Delve/Bayld release about staggering content to make us progress on the devs' intended "path" through content levels...
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-08-12 14:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Trying to figure out what to do with the golden gun within my mog house firearm collection

:/

Last WKR augment system was done pretty well, this time is screwed IMO(unless something better pop later)

fixed pictures.

What happened to my pic? O.O It doesn't work?
You were copying the url that links the pictures, but not the url that shows the pictures.

Next time, right click the pic, select "Copy image URL" and paste it between [img] brackets

That's weird cuz I can see it on my end ;/

While the pic in your post doesn't show the full pic, idk why ;/
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-12 14:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I got broken pics on my end.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-12 14:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know what im supposed to give arciela after i trade ygnas resolve to castle gates?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-08-12 14:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Trying to figure out what to do with the golden gun within my mog house firearm collection

Last WKR augment system was done pretty well, this time is screwed IMO(unless something better pop later)

fixed pictures.

Were you using cheap stones?
Also, old skirmish weapons had at least 3 slot of stats, so i dont see why the new skirmish would be limited to only one.
I bet there is a way to maintain more than an augment.

I didn't copy the name, but the macc+15 one is snow something +2, rattk+1 one is something NQ. Rest are +1. I think the name affects the type of the augment, NQ/HQ affects augment potency.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-12 14:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
anyone know what im supposed to give arciela after i trade ygnas resolve to castle gates?
Book from the library.
 Siren.Ulicaura
Server: Siren
user: danblend
By Siren.Ulicaura 2014-08-12 15:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

fixed pictures.

Were you using cheap stones?
Also, old skirmish weapons had at least 3 slot of stats, so i dont see why the new skirmish would be limited to only one.
I bet there is a way to maintain more than an augment.

I didn't copy the name, but the macc+15 one is snow something +2, rattk+1 one is something NQ. Rest are +1. I think the name affects the type of the augment, NQ/HQ affects augment potency.

I am disappoint
By Highwynd 2014-08-12 15:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I seriously doubt those necks will lose the Reive restriction without taking a mega nerf, especially because you can solo SoA from start to finish in like a day and solo all the BCNMs with trusts, even the new one. Also don't you think having WS DMG+25% would be a little ridiculous? Especially for jobs where it would benefit most, like SAM with their Overwhelm traits and 1-hit WS whereas jobs with multihits wouldn't benefit much with it only working on the first hit.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-12 15:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Highwynd said: »
I seriously doubt those necks will lose the Reive restriction without taking a mega nerf, especially because you can solo SoA from start to finish in like a day and solo all the BCNMs with trusts, even the new one. Also don't you think having WS DMG+25% would be a little ridiculous? Especially for jobs where it would benefit most, like SAM with their Overwhelm traits and 1-hit WS whereas jobs with multihits wouldn't benefit much with it only working on the first hit.

If it benefits SAM, it'll probably get buffed.
[+]
By gdiShun 2014-08-12 15:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Might see +5% WSD or something like that and in Reives 25%. etc.
 Siren.Ulicaura
Server: Siren
user: danblend
By Siren.Ulicaura 2014-08-12 16:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This avatar reversal has me all out of sorts.
By Vavaud 2014-08-12 17:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Based purely on the description for Alluvion Skirmishes provided by the SE version update post, is anyone else reminded of Nyzul Isle?

Randomly generated floors
Random objective to clear the floor
Return to the start of the floor to proceed to next floor
etc...

Like I said, based purely on their own description of the event. I hope it feels vastly different though.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-12 17:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Highwynd said: »
I seriously doubt those necks will lose the Reive restriction without taking a mega nerf, especially because you can solo SoA from start to finish in like a day and solo all the BCNMs with trusts, even the new one. Also don't you think having WS DMG+25% would be a little ridiculous?

I agree... WotG final reward is STILL the best WS earring for most jobs and that's just TP bonus +250. These buffs will stay reive only.

With stuff like these necks and the excellent reive stats on Bayld 117 weapons, that does help ease WKR difficulty as less people do the event and players get better gear, making it consistent with S-E's intent of making content more accessible over time.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-12 17:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So far, no comments about the new swapping system.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-08-12 17:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So what combo do you need to make the skirmish enterence? i got sach and shield yesterday

can it be solod with trusts well?
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2014-08-12 18:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
So what combo do you need to make the skirmish enterence? i got sach and shield yesterday

can it be solod with trusts well?

Just speculation at this point, but considering the gear gained from the new Skirmishes start at iLvl 119 (meaning they are likely the stepping stone to higher levels of gear), I highly doubt they could be soloed just yet. And the update notes said you add the new skirmish parts (sword, etc) to old ones (visage, etc) to make the new KIs.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-08-12 18:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

because the idea isn't new ;) and console players aren't on this site, for the most part ;)
 Phoenix.Felixia
user: Felixia
By Phoenix.Felixia 2014-08-12 19:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

each stone has different uses is what i found it. someone posted it on BG wiki too.

here is what he posted, my tests are also making this sound valid.
Keraunos

Snowslit Stone +1
Attack +16
Attack +8
DEF +7
Attack +9
DEF +14
Attack +8
Accuracy +2
Attack +14
Accuracy +7
Attack +9
DEF +10
Accuracy +5

Leafslit Stone +1
Waltz potency +4%

Snowtip stone +1
Evasion +18
Rng.Atk.+15
Rng.Atk.+6
Evasion +14
Evasion +1
Rng.Acc.+7 & Rng.Atk.+7
DEF +2
Rng.Acc.+7 & Rng.Atk.+7

Leaftip Stone +1
Rapid Shot +5
Snapshot +5
Store TP +3

Snowdim Stone +1
MAB +10
MAcc +3
Macc +13
Attack +2
Rng.Atk.+3
MAB +3
Rng.Atk.+1
MAB +3

Snowdim Stone +2
MAcc +14 & MAB +14
DEF +16

Snoworb Stone +1
Pet: M.Eva+2
Pet: DEF+1

Leaforb Stone +1
Pet: Haste+4
Pet: Haste+1

I theorize:
- that you can only stack 1 snow and 1 leaf set of augments on any give weapon
- that snow- augments are main stats like acc/atk/racc/ratk/mab
- that leaf- augments are more unique stats like waltz/da/haste/fc
- each set of slit/tip/dim/orb have a higher chance to target the augment you want (slit=melee,tip=ranged,dim=mage,orb=pet) but can give you augments from any other pool at a low % as well
 Valefor.Xerus
Server: Valefor
user: Xerus
By Valefor.Xerus 2014-08-12 19:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It saves me 2-3 times of hitting macros, so I'm digging it. The thing about it equipping from all the locations (but only actually from your main inventories while in the field) is kind of stupid though.

Liking the TP display for pets more. After years of incorporating a <pettp> into my tactical switch macro though, it'll take me some time to get used to not hitting that. Kept using it after changing it when the one thing i want to know is just staring at me now. :I

Also the new auto translate for "Tactics: Please use a weak weapon to attack."
By Pantafernando 2014-08-12 19:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Felixia said: »

each stone has different uses is what i found it. someone posted it on BG wiki too.

here is what he posted, my tests are also making this sound valid.
Keraunos

Snowslit Stone +1
Attack +16
Attack +8
DEF +7
Attack +9
DEF +14
Attack +8
Accuracy +2
Attack +14
Accuracy +7
Attack +9
DEF +10
Accuracy +5

Leafslit Stone +1
Waltz potency +4%

Snowtip stone +1
Evasion +18
Rng.Atk.+15
Rng.Atk.+6
Evasion +14
Evasion +1
Rng.Acc.+7 & Rng.Atk.+7
DEF +2
Rng.Acc.+7 & Rng.Atk.+7

Leaftip Stone +1
Rapid Shot +5
Snapshot +5
Store TP +3

Snowdim Stone +1
MAB +10
MAcc +3
Macc +13
Attack +2
Rng.Atk.+3
MAB +3
Rng.Atk.+1
MAB +3

Snowdim Stone +2
MAcc +14 & MAB +14
DEF +16

Snoworb Stone +1
Pet: M.Eva+2
Pet: DEF+1

Leaforb Stone +1
Pet: Haste+4
Pet: Haste+1

I theorize:
- that you can only stack 1 snow and 1 leaf set of augments on any give weapon
- that snow- augments are main stats like acc/atk/racc/ratk/mab
- that leaf- augments are more unique stats like waltz/da/haste/fc
- each set of slit/tip/dim/orb have a higher chance to target the augment you want (slit=melee,tip=ranged,dim=mage,orb=pet) but can give you augments from any other pool at a low % as well

So so.
Maybe if one can max out a pair of augments the weapon can be apealing, but for sure, if one stay in halfway to top, prob it will remain lackluster.
And maxing out an augment=rivers of cash.
So far, pretty bad this new weapons. Just waiting for shields or instrument to bring anhthing new to table.
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-08-12 20:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Izuna Katana:

Leaftip NQ - Store TP 2
Leaftip +1 - Store TP 4

Snowtip NQ - Evasion +3
Snowtip +1 - Racc 3

Leafdim +1 - Store TP 1
Snowdim +1 - Macc 3

Snowslit +1 - Attack 2

Snoworb +2 - Pet: Att 18, Ratt 18
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-08-13 00:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i think weapons pretty bad *** myself, being able to control what type aug is awesome waiting a +2 stone on Pet mab on a armor that cant use pet jobs is stupid whe you want straight up mab.

same for pup being able to get pet aug instead of magic acc or some other deal
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-13 00:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to see unique art assets are still being wasted on shitty weapons. I guess FFXI hasn't changed all that much.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-08-13 01:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't decide between Adoulin's Refuge or Ygnas's Resolve +1.
Torn between that -8DT and 25%WSD mainly with respect to WKRs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-13 01:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Twilight torque already has 5% DT on it... 25% WSD is *** insane
[+]
 Shiva.Devrom
Server: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-08-13 02:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

so no -delay augment found yet? very disappointing...
[+]
By Xijaah 2014-08-13 03:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Glad to see unique art assets are still being wasted on shitty weapons. I guess FFXI hasn't changed all that much.
My opinion is that they were gonna use those models for new rem-like weapons, but somehow they gave up on that.
I remember reading an official post stating that they were trying to get rid of the rem paradigma, so maybe that's why.
Or perhaps they are getting upgrades that will bring them to rem levels, we'll see.