New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do you think of the August 2014 Update
What do you think of the August 2014 Update
First Page 2 3 4 5
By gdiShun 2014-08-06 15:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I just couldn't live in your shadow any longer...

lol. I don't know. Felt kind of meh. :p Not really feeling this one much either though. I suck at picking avatars. lol.
By Enuyasha 2014-08-06 15:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

gdiShun said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
If I had to guess the order of ***

-New skirmish is 119 and rala cirdas next week
-New delve comes out 124 weapons
-yorcia new skirmish makes them +1 into 124
-final delve comes out 6 months later, 129 weapons
-final skirmish 4 months later outer ra'k makes skirmish weapons +2, 129
What about REM upgrades?

They'll worry about that months later.
Actually they said that this would be the last time they ever upgraded the relics because it would be a waste of resources to infinitely update them every patch? Or did i imagine that? Cause i mean...technically speaking, wouldnt it be flawed design to release new 124 weapons if they were going to be obsoleted in a few days/weeks hours later? Besides like, all the community butthurt of "You dont want to upgrade my golden weapon it took me two years to make!!1" would happen again, but i dont see the sense it makes to continuously make new content slightly less relevant outside of new gear.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-06 15:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »

What about REM upgrades?

Actually they said that this would be the last time they ever upgraded the relics because it would be a waste of resources to infinitely update them every patch? Or did i imagine that? Cause i mean...technically speaking, wouldnt it be flawed design to release new 124 weapons if they were going to be obsoleted in a few days/weeks hours later? Besides like, all the community butthurt of "You dont want to upgrade my golden weapon it took me two years to make!!1" would happen again, but i dont see the sense it makes to continuously make new content slightly less relevant outside of new gear.
Well, if they upgraded ilvl gear past 119 every update, I would agree with you.

When did we get 119 weapons again though?
By Sieha1 2014-08-06 15:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It is kind of funny. Most people consider Delve to be elite endgame stuff and skirmish to be the casuals play ground.

However its the other way around. Few casuals will screw with a random augment system or an event that is too hard. Skirmish is random and you dont always get something out of it making it often times a waste of time, just like the old days.

Delve you get points, you get the ability to buy what you want with those points. There isnt a situation where you cant get something until it drops.

Oh well this update seems kind of iffy. I liked the part about getting more hate thru non damage means. I hope this means some improvement on the pld vs dd situation.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-08-06 16:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What do you think of the August 2014 Update

If they add new fish to Inside the Belly, I'd be very much looking forward to the update, otherwise i'll go back to staring at my moogle spin and spin and spin
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-08-06 16:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

lol. I don't know. Felt kind of meh. :p Not really feeling this one much either though. I suck at picking avatars. lol.

There is a limit in "sucking at picking avatar", and you just surpassed it now.

Tbh, i thought kind sexy your previous avatar (suposing its a girl lol).
By gdiShun 2014-08-06 16:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

There is a limit in "sucking at picking avatar", and you just surpassed it now.

Tbh, i thought kind sexy your previous avatar (suposing its a girl lol).

Totally a dude. You freak.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-08-06 20:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

yes but the difference is this, ANYONE of any job of any gear can do a skirmish. not so on delve, you must play a job you hate in a style you dont want to play it, the typical eleitism ideal of end game content, sky was this way, limbus was this way, dyna.... was alil more open but not much.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-06 21:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If the new Skirmish dagger is Delay: 150 I'll be sold this update. We haven't had a good Delay: 150 dagger for THF since pugiunculus. ; ;
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-06 22:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
yes but the difference is this, ANYONE of any job of any gear can do a skirmish. not so on delve, you must play a job you hate in a style you dont want to play it, the typical eleitism ideal of end game content, sky was this way, limbus was this way, dyna.... was alil more open but not much.

Early Sky was elite? The only job that got consistently ***on was DRG and even MNK was up there boosting their way to Chi Blast victory. Limbus was generally easy enough that unless you were doing a boss any good DD could participate.

I was slicing it up with the worst of 'em on BLU when Limbus was actually still a thing.
[+]
By aeronx 2014-08-06 22:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »

What about REM upgrades?

There was a recent post about this on the official forums about how they are going to continue increasing REM, however they don't know when they are going to implement it.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43625-Next-R-M-E-Update
By Sieha1 2014-08-06 23:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The low end skirmish only serve to get you the base items. I am talking about Outer or any thing new that comes along and more so the people who go crazy for it now so much what is required to run it. Elites will have multiple copies with different augments and spend 10s of millions on stones for it. Casuals probably dont even use nq stones because they can sell them to buy half and alex on that mythic they wont complete before they go back to playing wow.

also from your comments I take it that you were never allowed to come to delve on pup or some other ridiculous job. There are 2 options in this game, fit in to whatever mold is being used or make your own path. Also gearswapping ftw.
By gdiShun 2014-08-06 23:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The development team will be looking into upgrading R/M/E gear once they have implemented item level 120+. With that said, please understand that we have no concrete details to share in regards to when this (R/M/E upgrades & Item Level 120+) will be happening; just know that there are plans in the works!

In other words, after iLvl 120+ is in the game, they'll start working on it. SE: Learning from mistakes. lol.
By Sieha1 2014-08-06 23:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The development team will be looking into upgrading R/M/E gear once they have implemented item level 120+. With that said, please understand that we have no concrete details to share in regards to when this (R/M/E upgrades & Item Level 120+) will be happening; just know that there are plans in the works!

In other words, after iLvl 120+ is in the game, they'll start working on it. SE: Learning from mistakes. lol.

In the end its all gear chasing. they make non rem weapons stronger so we get them then they upgrade rem and we upgrade then they make more non rem strong etc...

They want to avoid the idea of being 'done' with gear for a job.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-06 23:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternatively, they could just make gear harder to get, but then a whole different set of people will complain.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-08-06 23:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Shetal stone is the one item that's made me excited to get since months.

Though, well, it's only one.

But...

Patentia Sash?
I'm a cor you ***! *slaps*

Meh. Can't remember the last time I got to melee on corsair.

Last time I tried to /dnc the entire linkshell gave me ***for not going /whm to help mages.

Which, frankly, is probably for the best anyhow because it's not like I get bard songs when I get swapped in and out of the same slot as the bard.

just lol.

your linkshell's choices.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-08-07 00:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Alternatively, they could just make gear harder to get, but then a whole different set of people will complain.

God forbid, it would be raining tears.
[+]
By gdiShun 2014-08-07 00:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sieha1 said: »
Quote:

In the end its all gear chasing. they make non rem weapons stronger so we get them then they upgrade rem and we upgrade then they make more non rem strong etc...

They want to avoid the idea of being 'done' with gear for a job.

XI players, if anyone, should know the treadmill isn't the only way. We spent around a decade without it. There was still gear progression but your old gear just didn't become worthless after an update. It just wasn't the best or as good anymore.

EDIT: The treadmill also fosters a "Why bother?" mindset from the players which is exactly what they don't want.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-07 00:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I kind of like the idea of being "done" with gear for a job for two reasons:
1. There are 22 jobs, it allows me to focus on the next one, or:
2. It allows me to save gil for gear that has lasting value, e.g. REMs.

Having to shell out millions of gear with every major update sucks, as once good jobs get left behind and/or gil reserves for REMs get sapped just so I can remain current. There are, what, a tiny handful of items from the early days of FFXI (like Defending Ring) that are still good? There needs to be incentive to fight hard for the most current gear, otherwise we'd all be better off farming dynamis and salvage and doing little else.
[+]
By gdiShun 2014-08-07 01:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no problem with never being done. Just don't make everything I currently have worthless after a major update. I came back briefly in February. Got NQ Hachiya Body. Quit. Came back recently looked at Mochizuki. They literally copy-pasted the statvomit, one-upped Hachiya in the other stats, and added 8-10% -Utsu casting. Like *** you, Matsui. lol. Because that's exactly what he's saying to us when he does that ***. It's a complete disrespect of the player and the time/effort they put in. I know it's not a lot of time/effort to do them but that's irrelevant to the point. There's no reason they couldn't have made one of them a good WS piece and the other a good TP or some ***like that.
[+]
By oldman 2014-08-07 01:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: The treadmill also fosters a "Why bother?" mindset from the players which is exactly what they don't want.

It's not just the treadmill, it's the nature of it. Let's make large parts of it based on randomness. You might get what you want your first try, or it might take you 5 tries, 100 tries, or 500+ tries (if you math it out you will never reach a 100% chance of getting the augment or drop you want with a random system). The only reasonable response to such a system (assuming a player is trying to balance a full life outside the game with playing) is to tell the developers to go *** themselves and not participate in it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-07 01:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no problem with never being done. Just don't make everything I currently have worthless after a major update. I came back briefly in February. Got NQ Hachiya Body. Quit. Came back recently looked at Mochizuki. They literally copy-pasted the statvomit, one-upped Hachiya in the other stats, and added 8-10% -Utsu casting. Like *** you, Matsui. lol. Because that's exactly what he's saying to us when he does that ***. It's a complete disrespect of the player and the time/effort they put in. I know it's not a lot of time/effort to do them but that's irrelevant to the point. There's no reason they couldn't have made one of them a good WS piece and the other a good TP or some ***like that.

Yup. And I don't mind the occasional new gear piece that comes along that outdoes what I currently have, but it gets depressing when it comes in large, gear-obsoleting waves. Skirmish gear is a prime example of this, which forced resets on augments for each upgrade. I'm lucky enough to have a good LS that makes getting some of the other gear fun, but a lot of people don't have that privilege.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-08-07 03:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Liking the BLU adjustments, I wish there was an update to Monstrosity though.
I think you're the only one.

i would love a update on monstority.... my guess sis the next update will be a huge one rather then small lump updates.

Yup, still waiting on new Monstrosity stuff. And I think at least half of the Phoenix server as well. Every time I go fight stuff as monipulator I see at least several people in the 3 bellingery zones. No telling how many fight in normal zones but I'd say quite a few.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-08-07 04:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

^^ hell man id just like chance to be in party if nothing else..... im waiting for Bstmen mobs... i hope they dont just... leave it uncompleted....
By voiceless 2014-08-07 04:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

124 ILVL weapons i want!
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-07 05:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They said they didn't know when they were going to i120 so I highly doubt well go to 124 yet.

SE said it was in the mix but they don't have any concrete info about it.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-08-07 05:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

my guess is there would be some sort new content, area wise sicne there are no current 124 mobs/areas thats i know of, maybe ra'Z but im guess there gonna add more when they do that
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-07 07:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Monstrosity is a year old woohoo ..... and nothing for it.

Remember the page where they showed off all the cool stuff and at the end put this?

- Monipulator vs. Monipulator Combat
- Monstrosity Quests
- Additional Monster Families
- Monipulator Cooperative Play
- Additional Exclusive Content
- Greater Rewards
...and more!

We still don't have any of that ; ;
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-07 07:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
Shetal stone is the one item that's made me excited to get since months.

Though, well, it's only one.

But...

Patentia Sash?
I'm a cor you ***! *slaps*

Meh. Can't remember the last time I got to melee on corsair.

Last time I tried to /dnc the entire linkshell gave me ***for not going /whm to help mages.

Which, frankly, is probably for the best anyhow because it's not like I get bard songs when I get swapped in and out of the same slot as the bard.

just lol.

your linkshell's choices.

We reliably do every event in the game. In may result in me playing a support job in a slightly different fashion than I like, but we have consistent, reliable success. And we do it without having to admit people with bad attitudes or selfish personalities into our linkshell. The cost of that, however, is that sometimes people run their pocket whm/brd/geo in addition to their main and we've got to bend a little to help each other out.

I'm sorry the way we have such success doesn't conform to your sense of how things should be. But kindly *** off.