Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-07 07:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
gdiShun said: »
I have no problem with never being done. Just don't make everything I currently have worthless after a major update. I came back briefly in February. Got NQ Hachiya Body. Quit. Came back recently looked at Mochizuki. They literally copy-pasted the statvomit, one-upped Hachiya in the other stats, and added 8-10% -Utsu casting. Like *** you, Matsui. lol. Because that's exactly what he's saying to us when he does that ***. It's a complete disrespect of the player and the time/effort they put in. I know it's not a lot of time/effort to do them but that's irrelevant to the point. There's no reason they couldn't have made one of them a good WS piece and the other a good TP or some ***like that.

Yup. And I don't mind the occasional new gear piece that comes along that outdoes what I currently have, but it gets depressing when it comes in large, gear-obsoleting waves. Skirmish gear is a prime example of this, which forced resets on augments for each upgrade. I'm lucky enough to have a good LS that makes getting some of the other gear fun, but a lot of people don't have that privilege.

This, pretty much dead on.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-08-07 08:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye up until recently it was all sidegrades rather than upgrades and if you have been on a break it makes it extremely hard to get back into it. I think they are following XIVs and WoWs gear progression too closely where gear is out for a patch then its trash the next. We had patch 2.3 out not so long ago and patch 2.4 is coming up which will make 2.3 gear easier to obtain but its outdated by 20 levels. Im used to it now on XIV but I so wish they would have followed XIs gear progression a little closer.
 Lakshmi.Minivict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2014-08-07 08:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Aye up until recently it was all sidegrades rather than upgrades and if you have been on a break it makes it extremely hard to get back into it. I think they are following XIVs and WoWs gear progression too closely where gear is out for a patch then its trash the next. We had patch 2.3 out not so long ago and patch 2.4 is coming up which will make 2.3 gear easier to obtain but its outdated by 20 levels. Im used to it now on XIV but I so wish they would have followed XIs gear progression a little closer.
Hey man nice opinion
 Ragnarok.Exavion
Server: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-08-07 09:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Having played a ton of MMORPG after leaving 11 in the past, it was downright shocking to me how fast my gear would become obsolete. Even pieces similar to "Relic weapon" upgrades just getting left behind for good. It took a very long time to get used to the idea that my hard earned gear would soon be trash or town pieces.

I think FFXI is doing it right by introducing new Ilvls but doing it much slower and using sidegrades to fill the time. In my opinion, the only reason we were able to sit at 75 for so long was because of how ridiculously time consuming it was to acquire all the pieces you needed. That and unlike most other RPG there is a large number of stats to play with. Listening to people in FFXIV argue over gearsets using 1 main stat and 2-3 secondary stats was a complete joke by comparison. They have no choice but to just add +2 to a new item and make it so groups fail 95% of their attempts.

I think i'll stick with the way things go here.
[+]
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
Server: Leviathan
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2014-08-07 09:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
gdiShun said: »
I have no problem with never being done. Just don't make everything I currently have worthless after a major update. I came back briefly in February. Got NQ Hachiya Body. Quit. Came back recently looked at Mochizuki. They literally copy-pasted the statvomit, one-upped Hachiya in the other stats, and added 8-10% -Utsu casting. Like *** you, Matsui. lol. Because that's exactly what he's saying to us when he does that ***. It's a complete disrespect of the player and the time/effort they put in. I know it's not a lot of time/effort to do them but that's irrelevant to the point. There's no reason they couldn't have made one of them a good WS piece and the other a good TP or some ***like that.

Yup. And I don't mind the occasional new gear piece that comes along that outdoes what I currently have, but it gets depressing when it comes in large, gear-obsoleting waves. Skirmish gear is a prime example of this, which forced resets on augments for each upgrade. I'm lucky enough to have a good LS that makes getting some of the other gear fun, but a lot of people don't have that privilege.

This, pretty much dead on.

I agree skirmish is the biggest *** ive ever seen. I understand longevity but making a system this way is more frustrating then not. First by making the augments the way they did. They upgrading the gear, and erasing things people have spent millions on months later. And implement the same exact system with more options! Its sickening to me sometimes when divainy the cheap *** me over on augments, or gives me the same augment 3 stones ago. I generally hate to complain but I felt like that must be said.

The fear of maxing out all this stuff for it to be obsolete troubles me too at times, its like im gonna max out this gear and then that gear, i feel like wont keep attention for too long. But we will see, I hope they figure it out. Theyve made great strides lately i hate for se to hit a wall.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-08-07 09:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The only groups that fail that much are people that are just plain bad. In 2.0 onwards theres only 4 stats on a piece of gear unless it can be melded with materia and each job has stats that suit its play style. Every job needs to hit the acc cap then its down to crit rate/determination and lastly skill/spell speed thats pretty much useless unless you are on mnk.
By Enuyasha 2014-08-07 11:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The only groups that fail that much are people that are just plain bad. In 2.0 onwards theres only 4 stats on a piece of gear unless it can be melded with materia and each job has stats that suit its play style. Every job needs to hit the acc cap then its down to crit rate/determination and lastly skill/spell speed thats pretty much useless unless you are on mnk.
Or WHM.Or BLM. Or Til you get SkS to 400 (which is the last value its useful at, since it is the perfect number that makes GL3+ Selene or just 400+Selene minutely bearable on your TP usage in fights where you should be using Selene for "More" Damage.

But you are right, with how simple the mechanics of the game are there should be no one failing 95% of the time unless they are just completely bad. They give you versions of the mechanics in BCoB and SBCoB in earlier content, so you cant say you dont know how to do these mechanics because you've already been exposed.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-07 11:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
Or WHM.Or BLM. Or Til you get SkS to 400 (which is the last value its useful at, since it is the perfect number that makes GL3+ Selene or just 400+Selene minutely bearable on your TP usage in fights where you should be using Selene for "More" Damage.

But you are right, with how simple the mechanics of the game are there should be no one failing 95% of the time unless they are just completely bad. They give you versions of the mechanics in BCoB and SBCoB in earlier content, so you cant say you dont know how to do these mechanics because you've already been exposed.

You guys do know this is a thread for FF11, not 14?
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-08-07 11:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

You guys do know this is a thread for FF11, not 14?
I replied to a reply of a reply :<

I havent played 11 in months. The new adjustments in this patch look nice, but ill prolly never return because i dont have any friends in that game anymore that play.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-07 11:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

August 2013 update made me take a break, august 2014 is on it's way to do just as good if not better!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-07 11:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This one got missions, better than last one for me.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-08-07 12:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

BTWER: are they FINALLY introducing TP numbers to the UI this update or will that be the next/future ones? Cause that seems juicy...and the funny thing is its in the exact position that the TP plugin put it :)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-07 12:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

BTWER: are they FINALLY introducing TP numbers to the UI this update or will that be the next/future ones? Cause that seems juicy...and the funny thing is its in the exact position that the TP plugin put it :)

They were put in for players in the June 17th update They are adding them for pets this update.

The command is listed at the bottom of the post, it's
/partyinfo showtp on/off
[+]
By Enuyasha 2014-08-07 13:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

They were put in for players in the June 17th update They are adding them for pets this update.

The command is listed at the bottom of the post, it's
/partyinfo showtp on/off
That alone right there...so good!
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-08-07 16:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i hope pup adjustmenta are hugely significant like the update to Lower WS was.
By Luvbunny1 2014-08-09 06:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The updates here at least is building off existing content and not completely render stuffs from delve 1 boss completely outdated and become total trash pieces. At least progression goes at much slower rate here. Compared to FF14, which right now is dealing with the total mesh of a toxic biles that is Hunt system lol
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-08-09 06:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say Skirmish is pretty good for the returning player, easy event to spam and you get to make some money on the side if you sell all +1 and +2 stones on the way from NQ to ilvl 119 :P
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-08-09 23:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja gets Max HP , good enough for me ^^
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-08-09 23:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja gets Max HP , good enough for me ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-10 02:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything thats good must have seconds.
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-08-10 02:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

kinda miffed pup doesnt have better one i mean Dues Ex recast seriously??? how about Pet magic attk or something...
 Quetzalcoatl.Vivivivi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Vivivivi
By Quetzalcoatl.Vivivivi 2014-08-16 20:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding the storyline:
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-08-16 20:52:36