Share Your .dat Swaps!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Share your .dat swaps!
Share your .dat swaps!
By gdiShun 2014-08-01 02:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The blue looks really nice.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-01 12:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got around to taking a screen shot since I got new stuff today

For probably one of the least picked char models in the game, had the pony tail chopped off, earrings, hair rubber bands, and forehead tattoo removed.

and also a reskin of hachiryu haidate to match the tantra set

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2014-08-04 19:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said: »
Also, that pointed Aettir Jeanpaul posted is something I've always wanted. Does that come in Mithra?!

Edit: Just noticed that RUN AF recolor... I really like #5. Would love to see that done with the whole set. Though I could probably do that myself, I doubt it'd come out quite as nicely...
Ported the pointy Aettir to all races, and uploaded:
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=5057

As for the RUN armor recoloring, just to confirm that's the color you want? It seems awfully bright and saturated to me, I can keep that hue but adjust the brightness and saturation if you'd like. But if you prefer it just like that, then I'll whip it up in no time. I also gotta do that gold set for Sechs, so I'll do them both simultaneously.

edit: Just so you know what you're getting...
Yeah, I love that blue one just like it is. My favorite color~ and thanks for the Aettirs! I'm replacing it for all races; never liked that blunt end.
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-08-04 19:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Was there ever a luzaf set for Hume M? I liked that armour.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2014-08-04 21:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I often forget my Mog House is a custom dat, I've been using it for so long. XD
[+]
By gdiShun 2014-08-04 22:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice!
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-08-05 04:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

JeanPaul, ever thought about cooperating with Caradogg and Wildman for the FFXIview project? Some of the icons you designed are pretty neat and would be perfect to complement the ones already existing in the packet.

http://forums.windower.net/index.php?/topic/8-xi-view-v215-july-8th-2014-user-interface/

They are usually overflown with too much work, I'm sure having 2 more hands working on the project would help splitting the amount of work and getting a more enjoyable process for you devs and a more refined product for us users.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-08-05 14:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing about icon swaps is that there's only 1 dat file, which contains all the icons (for the English version, anyway, since they also store status descriptions, so there's another dat for Japanese). I can simply upload what icons I've made for anyone to use, including them and their project, if they're interested.

Anyway, here's a larger sample of what I've done for icons so far. I still need to do a lot of JA's, corsair rolls, and other buffs/debuffs like magic defense down, etc. I've blatantly stolen most of these icons from other games, some with a few edits. They're super blown up here so they look more pixely than they will in game.

Special Abilities:
Job Abilities:
Barspells:
Enspells:
Geomancy:
Bard Songs:
Debuffs:
Miscellaneous:

Haven't gotten around to finishing the Futhark armor, I've been pretty busy lately.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kiyoshi
Server: Carbuncle
user: KiyoshiFS
By Carbuncle.Kiyoshi 2014-08-25 20:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So I haven't done any DAT Editing in years and am looking for the programs to get back into it, along with Race Lists and the jazz. Where can I find the appropriate tools?

And a couple of things I've done back in 2007/8. Unfortunately, I do not have them anymore:

- Was a custom body piece with the Mooshywooshy ported Organization XIII jacket where I removed the sleeves and added the Lv. 55 body piece's shoulder sash and metal shoulder pad. Easier seen in this version of my old sig without the proper lighting... Kinda.

- Ayane DAT for Mithra from Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-08-26 08:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kiyoshi said: »
So I haven't done any DAT Editing in years and am looking for the programs to get back into it, along with Race Lists and the jazz. Where can I find the appropriate tools?
I've got all the tools uploaded here (minus Photoshop):
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1340
 Carbuncle.Kiyoshi
By Carbuncle.Kiyoshi 2014-08-26 15:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice. I remember using META back in the day over ChangeTex, so this will be different. :x

Thank you very much! I clearly have some work to do.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-08-26 16:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you get stuck and after searching can't find any tutorials or anything, lemme know. I've got a few projects I've been meaning to wrap up (the RUN armor recoloring, more custom icons) but I can spare a minute to explain some things.
 Carbuncle.Kiyoshi
By Carbuncle.Kiyoshi 2014-08-27 17:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Will do Jeanpaul. If anything, I just need to remember how to set up VRS again.
By dragomair 2014-08-27 18:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing about icon swaps is that there's only 1 dat file, which contains all the icons (for the English version, anyway, since they also store status descriptions, so there's another dat for Japanese). I can simply upload what icons I've made for anyone to use, including them and their project, if they're interested.

Anyway, here's a larger sample of what I've done for icons so far. I still need to do a lot of JA's, corsair rolls, and other buffs/debuffs like magic defense down, etc. I've blatantly stolen most of these icons from other games, some with a few edits. They're super blown up here so they look more pixely than they will in game.

Special Abilities:
Job Abilities:
Barspells:
Enspells:
Geomancy:
Bard Songs:
Debuffs:
Miscellaneous:

Haven't gotten around to finishing the Futhark armor, I've been pretty busy lately.

Have you released the icons for public use?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-08-27 19:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like I should finish up the icons before releasing the .dat for it, though I have had some people requesting it for the time being. Here are a few more I've made:

RNG JA's:
THF JA's:
Circles:
More Miscellaneous:

I still have a sizable list of icons to think up and then implement, if anyone has any good ideas for these, lemme know!
- Defense Up/Down
- Magic Defense Up/Down
- Evasion Up/Down
- Magic Evasion Up/Down
- Avoidance Down (reduced parry/shield/guard rate)
- Store TP
- Subtle Blow (probably make a boxing glove or something)
- Crit Rate Up
- Most JA's and some spell effects, too many to list
By dragomair 2014-08-27 19:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

More Miscellaneous:
Spoiler Alert! Click to view.
Do you have weakness?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-08-27 20:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't do one for weakness. If anything, I'd replace the other status's that use a similar skull icon (petrify, paralyze, etc).

I also forgot to include that I made ones for Troubadour, Nightingale, and Formless Strikes.
 Bismarck.Ranthozyk
Server: Bismarck
user: Ranthozyk
By Bismarck.Ranthozyk 2014-08-27 22:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Whipped these up real fast:

Gold is a tricky color. I'm colorblind, so if you have a more specific color preference, give me a RGB or something and I'll be able to work from there.

These recolors are really nice; have you thought about releasing these as a pack? I quite like 8 and 9/10, and I think a darker more forest green color would look pretty good as well.

Awesome Sword of Seals too by the way! You're really talented to pull that model off in XI, have you ever thought about possibly doing an Alondite or Ragnell?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-08-27 23:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing about the recolors is that each race/gender has a different texture file, so to create a bunch of them (especially as full sets) would take a long time. The other issue is that the textures look different in Photoshop than they do in game, so it can be hard to tell how they're going to look when you're working on them. If there's enough demand for them, however, I'll probably do more colors and for more races/genders.

I'm making Ragnell next, which will look exactly as it does in Brawl.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-08-30 01:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to double post, but I've finished a few things:

Mithra Blue Futhark for Kyrial:
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=5094.msg9551#msg9551
Galka Gold Futhark for Sechs:
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=5095.msg9552#msg9552
Hume Male 4 with a more mature face (and a bonus hair color) for Gavran:
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=5093.msg9550#msg9550
Just a few more icons:

Nightingale, Troubadour, Formless Strikes, Sange, Addle

That's it for today. Lately I've been looking at more music to implement, and start uploading song collections by category (towns, outdoor/dungeons, battles). No one here has commented much on replacing music files, but I'd like to think there are some lurkers who'd like to have songs from other games (like Bravely Default, Xenoblade, other Final Fantasies, etc).
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-30 06:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to double post, but I've finished a few things:

Mithra Blue Futhark for Kyrial:
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=5094.msg9551#msg9551
Galka Gold Futhark for Sechs:
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=5095.msg9552#msg9552
Hume Male 4 with a more mature face (and a bonus hair color) for Gavran:
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=5093.msg9550#msg9550
Just a few more icons:

Nightingale, Troubadour, Formless Strikes, Sange, Addle

That's it for today. Lately I've been looking at more music to implement, and start uploading song collections by category (towns, outdoor/dungeons, battles). No one here has commented much on replacing music files, but I'd like to think there are some lurkers who'd like to have songs from other games (like Bravely Default, Xenoblade, other Final Fantasies, etc).

WHere are these song files?!?
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-08-30 06:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

No one here has commented much on replacing music files, but I'd like to think there are some lurkers who'd like to have songs from other games (like Bravely Default, Xenoblade, other Final Fantasies, etc).

That would be awesome! Is there any way to put music in the zones that don't have any?
By Essenceivis 2014-08-30 07:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Good call, Mefuki. I have changed a lot of my .dat music files for FFXI, a majority of the music in FFXI I like, but I changed Jeuno's music to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpRtJFsHUxQ

and my Mog House music to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HxWDW6G6l8
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-08-30 07:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg thanks Jeanpaul! <3
 Odin.Rendra
Server: Odin
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2014-08-30 07:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone good with the motion editing and able to fix the lax idle for mithra? Created by Korith? Kyuna tried to fix it... but it causes the running motion to be awkward.

*edit* for the new trust animation.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-08-30 18:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried uploading the music I've got to ffxidats, but it didn't seem to work, possibly because I was uploading collections rather than single files. I've got over 30 songs and some of them are extended so they can include their intros, but without having to hear them restart constantly. Does anyone know a good place to upload them?

Songs I've imported so far:
DUNGEON/WILDERNESS SONGS
TOWN SONGS
FIGHTIN' SONGS
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-09-02 05:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Femina Subligar with Healer's Pantaloons DAT from Spats Set by FallenDarkAngel
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-09-02 21:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's one for all you Ike fans
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1347
[+]
 Bismarck.Ranthozyk
Server: Bismarck
user: Ranthozyk
By Bismarck.Ranthozyk 2014-09-03 16:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Really awesome, Jeanpaul! I'll definitely be using that Ragnell, and maybe the Sword of Seals as well when I finally get around to acquiring a Macbain. Any plans for any other Fire Emblem related weapons? Those icons look pretty fantastic too.. I have no idea why SE re-used so many icons for so many different buffs/debuffs. Would you still take a request for Futhark re-coloring, or do you have a lot of projects going on currently (I imagine the icons is quite time consuming)?