Share Your .dat Swaps!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Share your .dat swaps!
Share your .dat swaps!
First Page 2 3 4
By tarupowa 2014-07-29 18:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So i figured it would be cool to see what people do with their characters, whether it be with plastic surgeon for windower or changing gear and hair with .dats! i guess ill start it off by showing one i found on this site, i currently use it for my tinhaspa's.
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=3278.0

ill post a screenshot of me with them on later, i was thinking maybe people could let eachother use their .dats if they liked them in this threat. i like seeing them and wearing them :P but ive never made one, nor do i know how yet :( i might get into it though!
By Hinamori 2014-07-29 19:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I like it, do they glow constantly or just when you engage?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2014-07-29 19:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The one I'm "known" for (lol) is my hair dat, which I've been using since prolly early 2005 or so? I don't remeber exactly.

I also... have Lilisette modded a bit. <_< >_>

Also used these elemental dat swaps for a few years, been meaning to put them back in after my last reinstall but been too lazy...
By tarupowa 2014-07-29 19:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

They glow constantly, its slightly off on one hand(raised a little) but its still really cool. btw, how do i post a screenshot? lol ive never done it before.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-07-29 19:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use or make/use a lot of dats anymore, but I still always make sure this is installed on my ffxi:

http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=276

Basically, just a different idle stance for Mithra. Looks much more natural and nice than the normal version.
By tarupowa 2014-07-29 20:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
I don't use or make/use a lot of dats anymore, but I still always make sure this is installed on my ffxi: http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=276 Basically, just a different idle stance for Mithra. Looks much more natural and nice than the normal version.
thats not bad o.o i just started switching them..... those h2h are my first ones, and i had a hard enough time setting that up :( it'd be epic if someone could help me setup some of the others that i downloaded that would be awesome lol
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-07-29 21:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Meow :3
By tarupowa 2014-07-29 22:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skjalf said: »
cool o.o. how do you post a screenshot to the forums?
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-07-29 22:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

AltanaView, Print Screen, IrfanView, upload image, Picture [Ctrl+P]...

Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-29 23:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a bunch of stuff I've made...

Hume Female 1A with darkened hair:Hume Male 4A with brown hair and a less boyish face:Pointed Aettir (all races): http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=5057The sword Roy uses in Smash Bros Melee, as a great sword (all races): http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=5055Some customized icons:
I've also replaced a large number of the game's songs with music from other games. Among my favorite uses include:
Ark Angel Fight --> Asterisk Boss Battle (Bravely Default)
Norg --> Theme of the Dog (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
Adoulin Outdoor Areas --> Guar Plains (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Ru'Aun Gardens --> Corridors of Time (Chrono Trigger)
WotG BC/Walk of Echoes --> Ruined Castle Corridor (Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow)
[+]
By tarupowa 2014-07-29 23:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Here's a bunch of stuff I've made... Hume Female 1A with darkened hair: Hume Male 4A with brown hair and a less boyish face: Pointed Aettir: The sword Roy uses in Smash Bros Melee, which I've since updated to have the blade appear much sharper and fixed the lighting. Please submit any criticisms so that I can improve this model before sharing the .DAT: Some customized icons:
I've also replaced a large number of the game's songs with music from other games. Among my favorite uses include: Ark Angel Fight --> Asterisk Boss Battle (Bravely Default) Norg --> Theme of the Dog (Kid Icarus: Uprising) Adoulin Outdoor Areas --> Guar Plains (Xenoblade Chronicles) Ru'Aun Gardens --> Corridors of Time (Chrono Trigger) WotG BC/Walk of Echoes --> Ruined Castle Corridor (Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow)
nice sword! i'd like it if at all possible when your finished for a tarutaru o.o
By tarupowa 2014-07-29 23:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

so heres the screenshot of the glowing fists! (i hope this works)
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-07-29 23:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

tarupowa said: »

This ?
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-07-30 00:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use or make/use a lot of dats anymore, but I still always make sure this is installed on my ffxi: http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=276 Basically, just a different idle stance for Mithra. Looks much more natural and nice than the normal version.
thats not bad o.o i just started switching them..... those h2h are my first ones, and i had a hard enough time setting that up :( it'd be epic if someone could help me setup some of the others that i downloaded that would be awesome lol

Basically, you wanna just stick them in the appropriate /Rom folder wherever your FFXI installation is. So when you download something and it has numbers like 51-92 on it, 51 is the folder name(FINAL FANTASY XI/ROM/51) and 92 is the dat you're replacing. Highly recommended to make copies and backup any dats you're replacing in case you break something.
By tarupowa 2014-07-30 01:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
This ?

yeah, how'd you find it!? i keep messing up how to post them in the forums :(
Basically, you wanna just stick them in the appropriate /Rom folder wherever your FFXI installation is. So when you download something and it has numbers like 51-92 on it, 51 is the folder name(FINAL FANTASY XI/ROM/51) and 92 is the dat you're replacing. Highly recommended to make copies and backup any dats you're replacing in case you break something.
yeah i have a few i wanna do, but i dont know the .dats for the weapons im replacing :( like i wanted to change the wkr 115 sword to one of the ones i downloaded but idk which .dat that one is in.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-07-30 01:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooooooh. You need to download atlanaviewer (or there was another similar one I forget the name), and when you scroll through your gear it shows you what the dat name is somewhere on the screen.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33722/altana-viewer/

Looks like the dat number shows up in the bottom left.

Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-07-30 03:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody ever created a recolour for RUN AF2? (Futhark Attire)
I'd love to see a different colour, Gold would be awesome, but anything different from Salmon would be nice lol
[+]
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-07-30 03:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hume Female 1A with darkened hair:Hume Male 4A with brown hair and a less boyish face:Pointed Aettir:The sword Roy uses in Smash Bros Melee, which I've since updated to have the blade appear much sharper and fixed the lighting. Please submit any criticisms so that I can improve this model before sharing the .DAT:Some customized icons:
I've also replaced a large number of the game's songs with music from other games. Among my favorite uses include:

Very nice ^^

Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-30 06:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody ever realized a recolour for RUN AF2? (Futhark Attire)
I'd love to see a different colour, Gold would be awesome, but anything different from Salmon would be nice lol

Whipped these up real fast:

Gold is a tricky color. I'm colorblind, so if you have a more specific color preference, give me a RGB or something and I'll be able to work from there.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-07-30 06:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

1-4 appear a lot like shneddick tabard.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-30 06:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember i saw once a burning oats. Those are very cool.

Edit: here. Supercool

I dont have a clue how this is done, but here the link of the topic:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/40763/oatixur-dat-file/
[+]
By Yuukari 2014-07-30 07:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hume Female 1A with darkened hair:Hume Male 4A with brown hair and a less boyish face:Pointed Aettir:The sword Roy uses in Smash Bros Melee, which I've since updated to have the blade appear much sharper and fixed the lighting. Please submit any criticisms so that I can improve this model before sharing the .DAT:Some customized icons:

The icons alone make me drool. You sir are very good at this
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2014-07-30 07:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The extremely flat a$$/toothpick mithra
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-07-30 08:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeanpaul you've motivated me to do some music .dat swaps I haven't done for a long time including

Nier - Hills of Radiant Wind (For some outdoor zone)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNZmzLzvJo8
And
Bravely Default - You are my hope (For when I 2hour!) I'll just take it into Audition and cut it down to 1 minute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCa17qVOTNM

This also reminds me of how much Mooshywooshy has contributed to the .dats of FFXI. Mooshy if you read this, thank you!
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-07-30 10:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cledant said: »

Hey watch it! No need for insults. :(
Skjalf assures you its the angle/pose. Besides, the vast majority of female native SE DATs do not have large breasts/buttocks (which is okay).
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-07-30 10:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
This ?

yeah, how'd you find it!? i keep messing up how to post them in the forums :(

Click the facebook link, click the picture with right button and copy the picture URL.

Not good url: (not a picture)
facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=429835290488548&set=pb.100003862423448.-2207520000.1406693313.&type=3&theater

Good one:
https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/10577059_429835290488548_2554196633825331062_n.jpg
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-07-30 10:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody ever realized a recolour for RUN AF2?
this is why I lockstyle Runeist body and legs[/spoiler]
Damn they're all incredibly awesome! Gonna have a hard time making up my mind! Wow!
1, 3, 8 and 10 in particular got me stuck in awe.
Do I have to pick only one lol?! Then 1 I guess.

Thanks so much! <3
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 11:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cledant said: »

If you've got to get your jollies from looking at female models in a 12-year-old game, you've got problems.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4