Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-24 09:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
If you want to advocate X sub is optimal, at least advocate it with reasons
And you accuse others of not reading. What a joke. I never said rdm is the best.

You said it's "excellent option" if main RDM isn't present, but you ignore the fact that other mages can /RDM too. If you say "excellent option when no other mages can flurry" I'd have agree with you.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-24 09:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

And you accuse others of not reading. What a joke. I never said rdm is the best.

You said it's "excellent option" if main RDM isn't present, but you ignore the fact that other mages can /RDM too. If you say "excellent option when no other mages can flurry" I'd have agree with you.

You'd have a point, if it wasn't necessary for those jobs to sub something else.

Chances are, brd is already subbing whm for additional /na spells, not many groups use GEO as it is, and even fewer have them properly geared, WHM is already often subbing /sch due to a lack of RDM, and for the use of accession, among other stratagems.

Perhaps if you pulled your head out of the sand for a bit, you could stop putting words into people's mouths long enough, to stop, oh I dunno, SUCKING HARD.

COR/RDM is an excellent option, as Seha stated. For the many various reasons that other mage jobs CAN'T sub /RDM.

Didn't say it was the most 100% fantastical ZOMGWTFBBQSAUCE optimal subjob at all times, the way you seem to be inferring it is from being called "an excellent option"
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-24 09:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, but the only one continually missing the point, and advocating the wrong subjob, is you.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-24 09:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

You'd have a point, if it wasn't necessary for those jobs to sub something else.

Chances are, brd is already subbing whm for additional /na spells, not many groups use GEO as it is, and even fewer have them properly geared, WHM is already often subbing /sch due to a lack of RDM, and for the use of accession, among other stratagems.

Perhaps if you pulled your head out of the sand for a bit, you could stop putting words into people's mouths long enough, to stop, oh I dunno, SUCKING HARD.

COR/RDM is an excellent option, as Seha stated. For the many various reasons that other mage jobs CAN'T sub /RDM.

Didn't say it was the most 100% fantastical ZOMGWTFBBQSAUCE optimal subjob at all times, the way you seem to be inferring it is from being called "an excellent option"

In RNG strat, the only person you really need to heal is PLD. So it's less likely to need /WHM from BRD and /SCH from WHM.

WHM subbing RDM gets distract, refresh and dispel. I don't see how it's a bad SJ for WHM at all.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-24 10:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, but the only one continually missing the point, and advocating the wrong subjob, is you.

<Reflect> <argument>
I feel like arguing with a 10 year old after reading this D:

I'm more interested in hearing your reasoning rather than all that pointless personal attack and copy/paste of what I said. All that "SUCK" "DERPY" after failing to win an internet argument is giving me a headache.

That's why I said you're missing the point. I'm well aware that Seha meant RDM isn't the only sj choice, but the SJ choice when there's no mage /RDM(which is quite unlikely). I just pointed out the flaw in her above statement. The correct statement was "excellent sub when no other mage can /RDM" not "excellent sub when there's no RDM main".
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-24 10:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

As sad as it is, cor, brd and geo are the ones with the most sacrificable sub. It's the buffer's life.

Otherwise you could say the same about melee: someone else can sub dnc or bring a main dnc, I wanna sub nin so I have a better dualwield and higher dps.
 Fenrir.Lade
Server: Fenrir
user: Lade
By Fenrir.Lade 2014-07-24 10:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Use good gear instead of +2 and +3 instruments.

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: ยป
you know bards that try to land enfeebles with Legato? God I would smack the hell out of my friends if they tried that lol

Legato is actually preferred over your standard 119 staff when you're under T/N since it increases the duration of Elegy/Lullaby.

I think the brd mules of the world need to stop giving brd advice. That's my two cents.

If u even think of not useing +2 or +3 instruments u need to NOT play BRD. its extra time + better songs
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-24 10:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

As sad as it is, cor, brd and geo are the ones with the most sacrificable sub. It's the buffer's life.

Otherwise you could say the same about melee: someone else can sub dnc or bring a main dnc, I wanna sub nin so I have a better dualwield and higher dps.

I don't mind sacrifice for /RDM, I just think there's a priority for /RDM, while /DNC isn't replaceable unless you want BRD to do it.....technically they can, but it's a burden to support in melee burn pt. On the other hand you don't really need a lot of support for RNG strat.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-24 10:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Tip Number 49 on sucking less:

Play to a style that fits the situation - Even if it means subbing a job combination that you need to practice getting used to.

Additionally, I've played with Corsairs that DD and WS without the need for /DRG, without pulling hate.

/DRG is not necessary in the slightest, so using /RDM is fine.

You CAN avoid pulling hate without /DRG, if don't DD :D. But you either have to do event that kills the NM fast enough, or hold back on dmg, or stuck even more enmity- in gears.

/DRG just allows the COR push further with output, with additional attack bonus and acc bonus. Saying "you're fine without subbing DRG" is the same as saying "MNK is fine subbing RUN in tojil". Of course you can do it, it's just not as optimal.
What kind of derpy-*** corsair do you have to be, to require the use of /DRG to not pull hate, or to have to not DD to not pull hate without the use of /DRG?

And no, it's not even remotely close to the same thing. Only an idiot would believe such ***, let alone try to place such words in another's mouth. And only people who SUCK do that.

I don't know about /DRG, but corsair is a hate magnet. My linkhshell has a fantastic mythic cor, and in ranger-centric fights he is the first to pull hate a majority of the time. Corsair just doesn't have the -enmity on gear, or the hate control tools that ranger has. On the other hand, do you really need your COR's damage to clear content? If that's the difference between a win and a loss, you might want to look at your setup and strategy IMO.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-24 10:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor dmg is not a necessity but sure makes it much faster.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-24 10:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

<Reflect> <argument>

I'm more interested in hearing your reasoning rather than all that pointless personal attack and copy/paste of what I said.
Your ability to create arguments that aren't there are astounding.

You were the one to initially claim that I was advocating the *wrong* subjob and completely missing the point (which was to point out that there are ultimately beneficial reasons to use cor/rdm, and that not every scenario was RNG strat only, and that mage/rdm wasn't always feasible, and therefore cor/rdm was indeed an excellent option), where-as reasons to use /RDM on corsair as equally plentiful for differing reasons, that makes it an excellent choice, when there are many scenarios that whm/rdm would not be adequate, let alone recommended, over whm/sch.

You can feel the way you want, however long you want. My assessment of those rangers you are comparing yourself too, for being relic wielders, for all intended purposes, suck hardcore, and the fact you need to advocate /DRG as the be-all/end-all of corsair subs for dealing damage, shows such a limited scope, that any reasonably intelligent player, would have to call you on your complete and utter ***.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-24 10:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

Play to a style that fits the situation - Even if it means subbing a job combination that you need to practice getting used to.

Additionally, I've played with Corsairs that DD and WS without the need for /DRG, without pulling hate.

You CAN avoid pulling hate without /DRG, if don't DD :D. But you either have to do event that kills the NM fast enough, or hold back on dmg, or stuck even more enmity- in gears.

/DRG just allows the COR push further with output, with additional attack bonus and acc bonus. Saying "you're fine without subbing DRG" is the same as saying "MNK is fine subbing RUN in tojil". Of course you can do it, it's just not as optimal.
What kind of derpy-*** corsair do you have to be, to require the use of /DRG to not pull hate, or to have to not DD to not pull hate without the use of /DRG?

And no, it's not even remotely close to the same thing. Only an idiot would believe such ***, let alone try to place such words in another's mouth. And only people who SUCK do that.

I don't know about /DRG, but corsair is a hate magnet. My linkhshell has a fantastic mythic cor, and in ranger-centric fights he is the first to pull hate a majority of the time. Corsair just doesn't have the -enmity on gear, or the hate control tools that ranger has. On the other hand, do you really need your COR's damage to clear content? If that's the difference between a win and a loss, you might want to look at your setup and strategy IMO.

Apparently Bloodrose's lv 79 awesome COR doesn't pull hate at all.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-24 10:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the
ITT You have to have the job to know the game mechanics
***stopped back in 2008
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-24 10:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

<Reflect> <argument>

I'm more interested in hearing your reasoning rather than all that pointless personal attack and copy/paste of what I said.
Your ability to create arguments that aren't there are astounding.

You were the one to initially claim that I was advocating the *wrong* subjob and completely missing the point (which was to point out that there are ultimately beneficial reasons to use cor/rdm, and that not every scenario was RNG strat only, and that mage/rdm wasn't always feasible, and therefore cor/rdm was indeed an excellent option), where-as reasons to use /RDM on corsair as equally plentiful for differing reasons, that makes it an excellent choice, when there are many scenarios that whm/rdm would not be adequate, let alone recommended, over whm/sch.

You can feel the way you want, however long you want. My assessment of those rangers you are comparing yourself too, for being relic wielders, for all intended purposes, suck hardcore, and the fact you need to advocate /DRG as the be-all/end-all of corsair subs for dealing damage, shows such a limited scope, that any reasonably intelligent player, would have to call you on your complete and utter ***.

You're missing the point because I was pointing out the flaw in "RDM is an excellent sub when there's no RDM main", which is just logically incorrect. I didn't say RDM isn't situationally excellent sub.

I'm not sure why RNG suck hard core is even relevant in this discussion. It doesn't matter if the RNG in your pt is pro or ***, the optimal SJ in given situation shouldn't change much.

It's more like you just pull random statement everywhere to defend for yourself.

Also, I advocate /WAR and /BLM when not pulling hate, stop putting words in my month about /DRG being the best SJ ever.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-24 10:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

I thought the
ITT You have to have the job to game mechanics
***stopped back in 2008

Huh? I didn't say anything about bloodrose's knowledge of game mechanics. I only said he doesn't pull hate because he claimed so, I just repeated exactly what he said. Why do you put words in my month :(
By Crevox 2014-07-24 10:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked this thread better when I was learning things
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-24 10:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There are 3-4 extremely well geared corsairs in my LS, none of which have ever pulled hate without the use of /DRG. We do a lot of AA and DM content. They sub RDM, and have no reason to hold back. Then again, our corsairs know what they are doing.

The level of my corsair is irrelevant to the conversation, as we are talking about the job itself. But, if you want to be the one to go that route... a 79 corsair isn't even allowed in content that requires one to be level 95+ to enter. Something only someone who was unremarkably inept would attempt to use as their only counter argument, as a cheap jab at another, for disproving the misinformation about "sucking less" they provided.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-24 10:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

There are 3-4 extremely well geared corsairs in my LS, none of which have ever pulled hate without the use of /DRG. We do a lot of AA and DM content. They sub RDM, and have no reason to hold back. Then again, our corsairs know what they are doing.

The level of my corsair is irrelevant to the conversation, as we are talking about the job itself. But, if you want to be the one to go that route... a 79 corsair isn't even allowed in content that requires one to be level 95+ to enter. Something only someone who was unremarkably inept would attempt to use as their only counter argument, as a cheap jab at another, for disproving the misinformation about "sucking less" they provided.

So it's only "cheap" when I use it, and it's not "cheap" when you used it in your own argument? Ok.

I use it in the counter argument because you completely missed the point, every post. But you probably used it more often than me anyways.

Your lv of COR is as irrelevant to the discussion, as the gimp lv of RNG in my pt. You're allowed to use irrelevant point, but I can't. Some logic.

I also have to point out, several ppl pointed out hate issue in this discussion, not just me. By your logic everyone suck except your LS COR.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-07-24 10:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guiz, I really like the direction that the thread is going. I think this constructive debate is worthwhile.

[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-24 10:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What point did I miss? I posted the point, which was in conjunction with Seha's argument, and not once did I mention the level of your jobs, or subjobs, because it was completely irrelevant.

I mentioned the performance of those you are competing with, that you seem to claim to parse over, because it IS relevant, when the only argument you can come up with, is in fact, "RNG ONRY" as a scenario, versus the all encompassing content and varied situations, which make /RDM a viable, and excellent subjob for support, for various reasons.

To which you replied that if one is not subbing DRG, they should not be DDing. Which is the complete and utter ***, and proves that if one can not, or should not DD without the use of /DRG for enmity mitigation, should suck less at what they do.

And nice attempt at ninja-editing your comments to fit your arguments. And they still don't fit or work.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-24 10:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's actual good info about playing cor:

Do your gambling based on situations, but do gamble.

Can your party wait for buffs?
NO
--- be content with what you get
YES
--- 7 is a low number, double it

Use Snake to reduce risk when you can, but not if you know the next number is unlucky(don't snake a 7 on chaos or hunter).

Never sit on an unlucky or a 6. I can only forgive you for staying on 6 if all of your ja are down and you already have a bust on yourself, but that's some shitty luck son, better not leave your house that day.

Remember that the bust effect stays only on you, but the rest of the party loses the roll, keep it in mind if buffing before engaging and realize a so-so roll is better than no roll. If situation allows it you can then move away to change roll and then come back to redo the previous roll for your party hoping for better results.

Gamble with care.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-24 10:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless phamtom roll will be up again or I have a JA to force it up, I generally stop rolling after 6 if the pt is already swinging at ***.

Then again my cor is ***, but I'd prefer fulltime buffs than busting and having to wait a min on phantom roll. My friend makes fun of me for it lol, but then when he came on cor, first thing he did when the fight started was bust and since it was a zerg, fight was half over by the time he got another one up lol
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-24 10:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's why I mentioned the part about having time to do so. But if ja are up it's all good, can fold and rd and reroll instantly. RD always resets the ja with lowest recast first so PR is never missed.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-24 10:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What point did I miss? I posted the point, which was in conjunction with Seha's argument, and not once did I mention the level of your jobs, or subjobs, because it was completely irrelevant.

I mentioned the performance of those you are competing with, that you seem to claim to parse over, because it IS relevant, when the only argument you can come up with, is in fact, "RNG ONRY" as a scenario, versus the all encompassing content and varied situations, which make /RDM a viable, and excellent subjob for support, for various reasons.

So you said you didn't miss the point, and continue to miss more point.

The only post I said anything about a parse, it was saying "it is possible to DD without pulling hate". In that post I even mentioned that I wasn't subbing DRG. That was exactly the same thing you said, you can avoid pulling hate without /DRG.

I'm not sure why you continue to do personal attack when my point was the same as YOURS.

I didn't say /DRG is the end-all SJ at all, I only said it helps with enmity, while /WAR and /BLM is the best SJ when not pulling hate. But you continue to put words in my mouth as if I'm /DRG only player.

My opinion about /RDM was mainly targeting "/RDM when no RDM main" If your mages can't /RDM, by all means COR should do it. But that doesn't make the bolded statement logically correct. It is still possible that you don't need to /RDM when there's no RDM main.

It seems that every point I've made in my post, you just completely ignore what I tried to say and go on to to argue about something else.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-24 10:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu is better than blm, but anyway.
[+]
 Bismarck.Marmite
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-07-24 10:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor buff and afk, what is all this DD stuff about?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-24 10:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Marmite said: »
Cor buff and afk, what is all this DD stuff about?
Suck less.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-24 10:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Unless phamtom roll will be up again or I have a JA to force it up, I generally stop rolling after 6 if the pt is already swinging at ***.

Then again my cor is ***, but I'd prefer fulltime buffs than busting and having to wait a min on phantom roll. My friend makes fun of me for it lol, but then when he came on cor, first thing he did when the fight started was bust and since it was a zerg, fight was half over by the time he got another one up lol

I almost always double up on a No.6 and 7 chaos if my fold is up, because better number chaos roll can make a pretty noticeable difference.

You can double up when double-up effect almost gone. With PR recast- merit and pants, you can reroll ASAP right after your double up is gone. So you only lose buff for like 2 sec if you bust.
 Siren.Ulicaura
Server: Siren
user: danblend
By Siren.Ulicaura 2014-07-24 10:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's actual good info about playing cor:

Do your gambling based on situations, but do gamble.

Can your party wait for buffs?
NO
--- be content with what you get
YES
--- 7 is a low number, double it

Use Snake to reduce risk when you can, but not if you know the next number is unlucky(don't snake a 7 on chaos or hunter).

Never sit on an unlucky or a 6. I can only forgive you for staying on 6 if all of your ja are down and you already have a bust on yourself, but that's some shitty luck son, better not leave your house that day.

Remember that the bust effect stays only on you, but the rest of the party loses the roll, keep it in mind if buffing before engaging and realize a so-so roll is better than no roll. If situation allows it you can then move away to change roll and then come back to redo the previous roll for your party hoping for better results.

Gamble with care.

I'm so glad we're off the subjob debate XD

Useful info. I can't tell you how often I get stuck in that situation where I roll a 6 with a bust already on. My luck is far too poor to be a COR ; ;
 Bismarck.Marmite
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-07-24 10:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't play cor, but that's what they do, cor is a mule job.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14