Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-14 12:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Cook your steak right and don't ruin it with sauces!

we're talking a filet here, not a ribeye.

we should be enemies.

I stand my ground. Any well-cooked, properly-seasoned prime cut shouldn't need post-cooking saucing!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-14 12:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cook your steak right and don't ruin it with sauces!

we're talking a filet here, not a ribeye.

we should be enemies.

I stand my ground. Any well-cooked, properly-seasoned prime cut shouldn't need post-cooking saucing!

How is seasoning any different than sauce in that context? You're still adding artificial flavors to what is supposed to be the pinnacle of carnivorous indulgence.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-14 12:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

does salt & pepper count?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-14 12:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Raw salt would be ok because it has functions outside of its flavor, pepper is a gray area, I guess.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-14 13:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't give a damn. Eat your steak how you want. XD

I just figured a good food debate should be at least potentially more constructive than where this thread has otherwise gone.

Not a fan of post-cooking sauces because they tend to be heavy and overpower the taste of the meat, where as proper pre-cooking seasoning enhances and compliments said flavor.

And Hollandaise sauce just overpowers the hell out of everything, coating your tongue in fat and deadening flavor.

Have your sauce, though.

Do not, however, overcook a prime cut. If you want beef jerky, buy it in the first place.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-14 13:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe we're splitting hairs over the difference between "abortion" which is the termination of pregnancy and "an abortion" meaning the medical procedure people frequently seek out to induce the termination of their pregnancy (abortion).

Either way, these medications are abortive, because they are capable of terminating pregnancy at it's earliest stages.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-14 13:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I just figured a good food debate should be at least potentially more constructive than where this thread has otherwise gone.

Not a fan of post-cooking sauces because they tend to be heavy and overpower the taste of the meat, where as proper pre-cooking seasoning enhances and compliments said flavor.

And Hollandaise sauce just overpowers the hell out of everything, coating your tongue in fat and deadening flavor.

Have your sauce, though.

Do not, however, overcook a prime cut. If you want beef jerky, buy it in the first place.

Showing your libertarian tendencies more and more Ray
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-14 13:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Maybe we're splitting hairs over the difference between "abortion" which is the termination of pregnancy and "an abortion" meaning the medical procedure people frequently seek out to induce the termination of their pregnancy (abortion).

Either way, these medications are abortive in nature, because they are capable of terminating pregnancy at it's earliest stages.

Those medications aren't aborting anything, they aren't pregnant if the embryo doesn't implant, they PREVENT pregnancy. You ambiguous use of "abortion" and misreading of the article you link are only the smallest part of your logical fallacy. A spontaneous abortion of pregnancy is called a miscarriage, your article confirms that. This is just like your misuse of infanticide and foeticide.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-14 13:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll add to the confusion: in my language there is no word for miscarriage, it's called abortion too(spontaneous)!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-14 13:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Have your sauce, though.

Showing your libertarian tendencies more and more Ray

Please. I am clearly a fascist.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-14 13:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'll add to the confusion: in my language there is no word for miscarriage, it's called abortion too(spontaneous)!

I'll throw my vote in with muddying the water. I've read medical documents that refer to miscarriages as "spontaenous abortions" as well.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-14 13:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Now we just need to have a debate about the meaning of spontaneous!
By Jetackuu 2014-07-14 13:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll throw my vote in with muddying the water. I've read medical documents that refer to miscarriages as "spontaenous abortions" as well.
maybe there was some "legitimate rape" going on.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-14 13:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way, these medications are abortive in nature, because they are capable of terminating pregnancy at it's earliest stages.

Those medications aren't aborting anything, they aren't pregnant if the embryo doesn't implant, they PREVENT pregnancy. You ambiguous use of "abortion" and misreading of the article you link are only the smallest part of your logical fallacy. A spontaneous abortion of pregnancy is called a miscarriage, your article confirms that. This is just like your misuse of infanticide and foeticide.

No! You are incorrect, if the medication alters the uterus so that the egg isn't capable of being implanted, they abort the pregnancy.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-14 13:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's sad because in American law, the result of that debate is the difference between 1st Degree murder and 2nd Degree murder. (Basically execution and life in prison)
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-14 13:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Old but relevant to abortion and food :D
Taco Bell Launches New 'Morning After' Burrito
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-14 13:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No! You are incorrect, if the medication alters the uterus so that the egg isn't capable of being implanted, they abort the pregnancy.

Again, in order for it to be an "abortion" the egg has to already be implanted. Nobody besides you cares about your incredible misunderstanding of basic time scales, either, adios.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-14 13:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »

It's sad because in American law, the result of that debate is the difference between 1st Degree murder and 2nd Degree murder. (Basically execution and life in prison)

Ehhh. More like life in prison with or without parole.

We kill so few people on death row anymore.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-14 13:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehhh. More like life in prison with or without parole.

We kill so few people on death row anymore.

I can't say that's a bad thing, look how many of the people on death row were proven innocent after they were executed.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2014-07-14 13:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I like medium chunky salsa on my steaks. De-friggin-licious! Sorry, Ramyrez. But the power of salsa compels me!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-14 13:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, in order for it to be an "abortion" the egg has to already be implanted. Nobody besides you cares about your incredible misunderstanding of basic time scales, either, adios.

In order to perform the procedure commonly refereed to as "an abortion" there must be an implanted egg to remove, but "abortion" is the termination of pregnancy either induced or spontaneous, and the egg does not need to be implanted for someone to be pregnant.
By fonewear 2014-07-14 13:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I like my eggs scrambled (insert terrible joke here)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-14 13:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

In order to perform the procedure commonly refereed to as "an abortion" there must be an implanted egg to remove, but "abortion" is the termination of pregnancy either induced or spontaneous, and the egg does not need to be implanted for someone to be pregnant.

Yes, actually, the embryo does have to be implanted for it to be a pregnancy. When will you bother to learn the most basic parts of the debates you enter?

edit: terminology, an egg cannot implant regardless of medicine.
[+]
 Leviathan.Redherring
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-14 13:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

that depends on on what your definition of word is is.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-14 13:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Redherring said: »

that depends on on what your definition of word is is.

Bill Clinton is that you ?

YouTube Video Placeholder
By driderk 2014-07-14 13:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

EVOO, Maldon's smoked sea salt flakes, and fresh cracked pepper. That is all.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-14 13:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-14 13:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread depends on the definition of the word definition.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-14 13:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't like the meaning of words Pleebo? Just change em...

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-14 13:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you abort hysteric pregnancy?
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15