2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » George Takei vs Hobby Lobby
George Takei vs Hobby Lobby
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15
By fonewear 2014-07-16 08:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Redherring said: »
or just Bush lied them that seems to make them more valid.

George Bush doesn't care about black people and birth control!

Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-30 09:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

interesting...
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-07-30 12:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
I'd like to know why the belief of when a pregnancy occurs rather than the medical defination of what constitutes a pregnancy was a valid argument for injury....
Five Catholic males....

But in the news today....

Hobby Lobby Allegedly Fired Employee Due to Pregnancy

Just in case you thought they were actually Christian. Or believed in anything other than profits.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 12:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
I'd like to know why the belief of when a pregnancy occurs rather than the medical defination of what constitutes a pregnancy was a valid argument for injury....
Five Catholic males....

But in the news today....

Hobby Lobby Allegedly Fired Employee Due to Pregnancy

Just in case you thought they were actually Christian. Or believed in anything other than profits.

I'm pretty sure that we all knew this was happening and going to continue to happen.

Because "Christian business" is a crock of ***phrase. It offends me and I don't even *** believe in divinity.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-30 12:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe you are just offended too easily.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 12:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
maybe you are just offended too easily.

Maybe businesses who want to be considered Christian should partake in Christian acts of charity, not secular acts of greed.

Oh wait. Christianity in the American context was never about Christ's teachings, was it?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-30 12:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

what did jesus ever do to you, man?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 12:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

what did jesus ever do to you, man?

My problem isn't with Jesus.

I simply don't believe in his divine nature.

As I've said numerous times, I believe in the teachings attributed to him. I believe in them deeply, in fact, because I view them not as a religious thing, but as a fundamentally appropriate way for humans to treat each other in order to attain a peaceful society in which people can live without fear of being harmed or ostracized.

And we have concrete evidence that these supposed "Christian" business do not behave in a fashion commensurate to what Jesus expected of people.

For ***'s sake. Most churches that claim to be Christian don't believe -- or, at least, don't practice the beliefs -- of Jesus. You see that every time some evangelical minister opens his fat white mouth to denounce gays or other groups that "aren't living by god's will". In the meantime, that *** has been divorced twice and he's cheating on his third wife.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-30 12:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
You see that every time some evangelical minister opens his fat white mouth to denounce gays or other groups that "aren't living by god's will". In the meantime, that *** has been divorced twice and he's cheating on his third wife.

if you expect your fellow citizens to not be hypocrites or idiots, you're gonna have a bad time.

It wasn't all that serious of a question on my end, sorry, a bit bored over here.

you just make me laugh sometimes with how venomous you feel towards organized religion. I'm slightly jealous I guess, I don't get worked up about anything.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 12:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You see that every time some evangelical minister opens his fat white mouth to denounce gays or other groups that "aren't living by god's will". In the meantime, that *** has been divorced twice and he's cheating on his third wife.

if you expect your fellow citizens to not be hypocrites or idiots, you're gonna have a bad time.

It wasn't all that serious of a question on my end, sorry, a bit bored over here.

you just make me laugh sometimes with how venomous you feel towards organized religion. I'm slightly jealous I guess, I don't get worked up about anything.

In moments of levity I'm myself amused with how angry they make me. Or, rather, I'm amused at how exactly un-Christian these religious organizations and establishments behave.

I'll never say that religion hasn't brought the world many beautiful things, because it has. And there are lessons of value to be learned from all of the holy teachings in the world, not just Christianity. Because many of them started with good intentions at heart.

But cultures rarely use religions as a means of peace or cohesion. They use them as divisive wedges to seperate people into "us and them". They use them to excuse things like slavery, bigotry, theft, rape, and murder. They use them as an excuse to send children off to war to kill other children.

And, oh. Yeah. They use it as a method to make money.

Religion has never been anything more than a business and a tool for the obtainment and maintenance of power, even when there are valuable lessons within.

I just feel it's time -- as a human race -- we seperate the valuable parables of religion from the useless dogma and separatist claptrap.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-30 12:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I just feel it's time -- as a human race -- we seperate the valuable parables of religion from the useless dogma and separatist claptrap.

give it a few millennium.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 12:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

give it a few millennium.

I don't believe in an afterlife and I want to see it happen.

So I'm impatient.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-30 12:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm impatient.

well....

we should find you a new goal then, I could see that one as being aggravating...
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 12:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm impatient.

well....

we should find you a new goal then, I could see that one as being aggravating...

Clearly.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-07-30 13:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

How will they make any money then?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-30 13:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

How will they make any money then?

Yeah, well.

That's the crux of the problem, apparently.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-07-30 15:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not just about money you know.

Its about power and control as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15