New FFXIV Scans
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-08-05 07:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I post when i please fruittart. Anyway I asked where is the source that it is not part of vana'diel. Do you understand now retard?
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 07:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if you'd learn to type in English, I'd have understood wtf you were talking about.

Here's your source, retard:

"Eorzea will differ from Vana'diel in a number of ways. First, Eorzea is but a region within the full world of Final Fantasy XIV, which will be named ハイデリン (ha-i-de-ri-n). This land will be blessed with high technology, but not to the point of more sci-fi themed worlds found in Final Fantasy XIII or Final Fantasy X. This new MMO will stay true to the fantasy-style roots of the series, while setting itself apart as a completely different world than Vana'diel."

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=18309
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-08-05 08:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Additional to Blazzas source:

http://wiki.eorzeapedia.com/E3_2009_Q%26A

and

http://www.gamersinfo.net/articles/2631-final-fantasy-xiv#comment-form

there are thousands of other links out there.. it took me 2 mins to get it.. guess you got a job as seriousretard, don't you? >.>

Quote:

Q: What are the ties to Final Fantasy XI, if any?

* A: While you may have noticed that some of the same type of races appeared in the trailer, the world of FFXIV is different from FFXI. The reason that we made the races similar to the FFXI races is so FFXI players could choose a similar type of race in the new game. For example, in movies, you might have an actor that plays many different roles. Please, think of it that way.

Next time if ur to dumb to read infos that have been out longer than a month try google. Don't worry, even my 3 year old little sis can do that. If your even to dumb for that i hope you remembered breathing just now, if not... well it's not a loss rly. xD
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-08-05 08:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
I'd be turned on if I wasn't pretty damn sure that you were a guy.

playing hard to get i like that :P
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 08:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Segaia said:
If your even to dumb for that i hope you remembered breathing just now, if not... well it's not a loss rly. xD

I lol'd
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-05 08:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cardinalgate said:
Blazza said:
I'd be turned on if I wasn't pretty damn sure that you were a guy.

playing hard to get i like that :P

lol card you naughty little..
 Gilgamesh.Phalon
user: patience
By Gilgamesh.Phalon 2009-08-05 08:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably been asked but I missed it: Any word/hint that Game Migration might be available?

Would hate to leave years of work behind.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 08:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thankfully no, they're working on making /flist transferrable, and possibly allowing you to keep your name (preventing others from taking it first somehow I guess), but characters are NOT transferrable.

I don't know why you'd want to anyway, it's a completely different game, you'd ruin most of the fun if you started as 75 (or the equivalent to).
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-05 08:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phalon said:
Probably been asked but I missed it: Any word/hint that Game Migration might be available?

You really think SE would just make it so everyone is uber the second they start over? >.>;

That wouldn't be a new game, just a huge expansion pack.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-08-05 08:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phalon said:

What is the point of buying a new game you have already beaten?

If you don't want to "leave years of work behind," don't.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-08-05 09:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Maybe if you'd learn to type in English, I'd have understood wtf you were talking about.

Here's your source, retard:

"Eorzea will differ from Vana'diel in a number of ways. First, Eorzea is but a region within the full world of Final Fantasy XIV, which will be named ハイデリン (ha-i-de-ri-n). This land will be blessed with high technology, but not to the point of more sci-fi themed worlds found in Final Fantasy XIII or Final Fantasy X. This new MMO will stay true to the fantasy-style roots of the series, while setting itself apart as a completely different world than Vana'diel."

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=18309

Thats all i needed retard and i speak english fine... come up with a better insult beyond pre-school level.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 09:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanker said:
source it ain't part of current vana'diel...? retard

I'm assuming now, that what you meant here was "Can you please provide me with the source that states that Eorzia isn't a part of current Vana'diel?"

What you actually said is far form a properly structured English sentence, and doesn't actually ask the question that you were trying to ask.

I'm far from HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, you on the other hand...
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-05 09:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you are but what am I?
A retard!
A retard!
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-08-05 09:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Stanflame said:

Thats all i needed retard and i speak english fine... come up with a better insult beyond pre-school level.

Translates in:

Stanflame said:

I.. NEED.. ATTENTION!!!! RETARD!!

Besides and back to topic, this weekend a new magazine will be released, with some luck there are more pics and information to come :D
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-05 09:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Some more info (from FFXIVcore.com) [Copy/Pasted from Here ]

Eorzea Region

The region of Eorzea has three big cities, Rimsa-Rominsa at the sea side, Gridania is in the forest and Uldaha in the desert. There's pirates at the seaside town and Square Enix promise a storyline for each city.

The currency of Final Fantasy XIV will be "gil" like in Final Fantasy XI.

The Weather and Time
The weather in Final Fantasy XIV will change
One day in Eorzea is 1 hour of real-life time
There's a Day to night cycle

Armory System

Very flexible and easy to change your lifestyle and jobs on the go.

If you change your weapon, you are basically changing jobs and you can do this anywhere and almost at any time.
Getting invited to a group which has too many of your current class? No problem, switch to a healer or whatever class they lack numbers in. After the adventure is over, switch back to your previous class, gardener for instance.

Weapons and your equipment has their own "levels". You need to coordinate your equipment to reach whatever goal and power you're aiming at.
In Final Fantasy XIV there's a larger focus on the level of your item you're using, instead of your own levels and skills.
You're able to switch from warrior to a healer on your own, when solo playing - soloing becomes a whole lot more fun and easier
Changing your "job" is as simple as switching your weapon, you can relax and not feel a lot of stress
The "holy trinity" type of jobs have been avoided, the jobs of FFXIV are more neutral
Square Soft promises a lot of freedom in Eorzea. Almost unrestricted.
The core system of Final Fantasy XIV will be the so-called "Armory System" (might be renamed later). It's focused on your character's equipment. In order to change a play style, you change your equipment parts. Something which is done in real-time.

An example is the following: let's say you join a group of adventurers and you're fighting enemies, if you wear the corresponding equipment you are ready. When said group has disbanded, you change gear and you'll return to becoming a fisherman or a gardener, etc.

This will allow for a lot more freedom and it'll make FFXIV quite solo friendly. A warrior who wants to be cured of poison can easily change into a healer by himself. So, having plenty of inventory room is far more important than it was in Final Fantasy XI.

In order to increase in specific areas, Square Soft recommend to balance your equipment parts between the inventory slots. The level of your equipment is essential in Final Fantasy XIV, its more important than your character's "level" itself. Square Enix mention the freedom of the system yet again and that it becomes a lot more flexible and fun having such a system in place. The team behind FFXIV has deliberately chosen to avoid the usual job classes, instead chosing much more neutral names.

Battles

The fights in FFXIV are in real-life, although they wont be as action-packed as some might be used to from other MMORPGS. There will be more strategic elements in place. Check the trailer for certain speculations.

Items will degrade in durability (resistance?) depending on how much they're being used.

Guild System
Passes of "trust" exists that you get from guilds
There's something called a "Leave", it isn't a quest, it's a card
Mixing your own Leaves with other players Leaves is possible
Visiting the Adventurers Guild you can obtain Guild Leaves
Even when your skill is low you can get Leaves
The approx time of completing a Leave is around 30 to 40 minutes
You're able to set who and how many can do a Leave
Even if only one player carries a Leave, other players can join regardless if they have the Leave or not
Contests of the Leave changes every week
You can carry as many Leave cards as you want
Apperently the Guild Leaves are quite beautiful, designed like tarot cards
FFXIV sports a complex, advanced and interesting guild system. There are so called permits/licenses in the form of illustrated cards that match missions that your character has to complete. You can share these licenses, i.e having the card or not having it and also decide on how many that can be part of a mission.

The level of each player is mostly non-relevent, but some licenses has a certain level requirement. These wont take longer than 40 minutes to complete approx. Oh and you can carry several licenses at the same time.

Some of the goals of the licenses are:

Killing monsters, skilling up, raids and more. These are called "etherites" (spelling) and will let you get instantly teleported to said area.

Summary from the interview (some of this is known since before)

The difference between the races in FFXIV isnt as big as it is in FFXI
There is a difference between females and males. What exactly is not yet known.
Cities in Eorzea are not all connected through one landmass. So its quite different than how its in FFXI.
The character creation allows you to adjust the skin, eye color, hair color, face and much more
Battles are in real-time, but a lot of focus is on strategy and execution, instead of just pure action
The main system is not to target an enemy and just attack it like in most MMOs on the market.. Much more will play into the fight than just that.
Due to how the Armory System will work out, you'll be able to carry around on tons of stuff, mules anyone?
Character growth is based on your weapon. Use a weapon to increase your power and skills.
Square Enix is working on customization so you can arrange your windows exactly the way you want them
Weapons will lose durability/power when used
Master everything or not - well, Square Enix is still debating if you'll be able to do this or not. Perhaps the same approach used in FFXI will be used here (see-saw approach).
The Guild Leaves include everything from leveling up your skills to hunting monsters.
Leave runs are easy to get to instantly by using a "ethelite".
Rimsa-Rominsa the city by the seaside has pirates
You'll begin your adventure / the game from your home city.
Even if you can only play one hour per day, you'll be able to have a lot of fun
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-08-05 09:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

umm... ok that sounds awesome Oo

would've written a lot of things quoting stuff but atm i dunno where to begin lol.

Thanks for the info!!
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 09:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That all sounds pretty good to me actually. No idea wtf they're talking about with leaves, a little bit of it made me think it has something to do with instanced battles, so that'd be good if it is.

Seems to lack a whole world of context though O_O
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-08-05 10:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I sense gear swaps with all this changing weapon to change job/class or whatever it is lol.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-05 10:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's different, since gear swaping will completely change the way you battle. Can't just buy armor and swap it, since the armor will be a different level (by the sounds of things).
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 10:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually the bit where it says gear swaps will happen in real time makes me think otherwise. Also "If you change your weapon, you are basically changing jobs and you can do this anywhere and almost at any time."

So it might be that they've gone the other way and done something to prevent swapping gear 3000 times per fight.
 Kujata.Slayerdna
user: SlayerDNA
By Kujata.Slayerdna 2009-08-05 10:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Actually the bit where it says gear swaps will happen in real time makes me think otherwise. Also "If you change your weapon, you are basically changing jobs and you can do this anywhere and almost at any time."

So it might be that they've gone the other way and done something to prevent swapping gear 3000 times per fight.

Well not only that but you must remember that the weapon skills are also a big part of the mmo. You cant just switch and be a really good "WHM", you have to have the skill for said weapon. I really like what the new system can bring to the table.... I'm really exited about it actually
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-05 10:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like FFX-2 where you can just switch Dresspheres (jobs) at will on the grid. That would be so sick. :D
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-05 10:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, 'leaves' sound a lot like WoW's system of raids and such with being ported to the area.

Quote:
The difference between the races in FFXIV isnt as big as it is in FFXI
There is a difference between females and males. What exactly is not yet known.
Cities in Eorzea are not all connected through one landmass. So its quite different than how its in FFXI.
The character creation allows you to adjust the skin, eye color, hair color, face and much more

This interests me most, tbh. No more huge amounts of the SAME face/hair. @.@

I dunno if I like the whole, races are closer in stats part though... The small race should hit a LOT LESS hard in a melee fight than the large races...
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-05 10:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so making a black Lalafell named Gary now.
User submitted image
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-05 10:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

lol.... And I'm going to punt you....
 Bahamut.Kosaka
user:
By Bahamut.Kosaka 2009-08-05 10:30:17
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:

Well the real time thing makes it seem like a large time delay before anything can activate. So lets say we change armor now while doing a ws in FFXI but if it was real time and we did it the weapon delay would reset and the tp move will not go off, or even burn up as a misactivation. So maybe while your switching armor you can't do abilities of either job, and or take more damage so you will have to pull out of front line to switch.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-08-05 11:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithra will still be purrrfect, Galka will still be slaves, Elvaan willstill be ***, Tarutaru will still be cowardly.
Nobody will use the new names for the races.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-05 11:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I will too use the new names.... I'm gonna be an Elf, not an Elvaan.
By Odin.Joeofalltrades 2009-08-05 12:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe the equipment system will be more like espers/magicite of FF3 (FF6 if ur JP onry)
and the only way to learn spells and abilities is with that piece equipped. hmmmmm
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-05 13:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Joeofalltrades said:
maybe the equipment system will be more like espers/magicite of FF3 (FF6 if ur JP onry)
and the only way to learn spells and abilities is with that piece equipped. hmmmmm

Yeah that's what I was assuming, an AP system. Every fight with a certain weapon would be like 1AP towards Provoke, which is like 400 AP, like breaking a latent or something.