New FFXIV Scans
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-08-05 00:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i have a question.

do you think ppl will try to have the same name as they do on ffxi?
 Bahamut.Atrithk
Server: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-08-05 00:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in that /v/ thread.
FOR I AM NOBLESSE OBLIGE.
Like I said,how they are going about this is making me skeptical of the end result.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-08-05 00:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cohan said:
i have a question.

do you think ppl will try to have the same name as they do on ffxi?

Good chance I will, most likely it'll be Eagleeye instead. (my first choice was taken)
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-08-05 00:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I will most likely Try! Also the same Char :3
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 00:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone able to translate the magic squiggle? Also that vid that someone posted is already gone... Any other sources for that anywhere?
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-08-05 00:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

be lucky you can see these things blaz, for i am at work and cant not view them lol. tho i have tried just about every proxy server to view, but no use ><;.
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-08-05 01:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok first to all dreamers that think FFXIV will take place in Vanadiel:

It won't. They stated it clearly. I think i read somewhere it would take place close to FFXII (gimme some time to find it, still at work and can't look it up).

Besides I dunno what you guys have with the tarus. I always hated their onionheads, i love how they look now, way cooler and more realistic (seriously when body = head evolution must hate you).

At all the armors shown are the quality i have expected, even if they are just preview-ish pics and most likely not ingame, they are detailed and nicely made, but still not overdone like in Aion where everything looks like an anime sahagin~, ergo perfect. August 18th will show us a lot more info and I'm looking forward to that.

Now i have to take the task.... Elvaan again or Taru... or a castrated galka without a tail? {Hmmm.}... Elvaan ftw ;P

Can some JP-EN dude translate the text in the scans? I would actually like to know the descriptions. :D
By Sylph.Pocoterremoto 2009-08-05 01:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
***, I wanted to be the new Galka dudes, but the Tarus got so much cuter. ; ;

i agree o.o
 Odin.Yakoo
user: Yakoo
By Odin.Yakoo 2009-08-05 01:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

2nd picture is Time Mage! hell yea!
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-08-05 01:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Segaia said:

It won't. They stated it clearly. I think i read somewhere it would take place close to FFXII (gimme some time to find it, still at work and can't look it up).

Ivalice? Theres already 4 games setted in Ivalice (FF Tactics (GBA and PSX) And FFXII and Revenant Wings).
 Garuda.Sheila
Server: Garuda
user: Valkyrie
By Garuda.Sheila 2009-08-05 01:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Game looks so nice! YAY :D I am going to pick Mithra this time around I think...:3
 Phoenix.Jovant
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2009-08-05 02:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i just hope game play is the same as picter/video trailer graphics.

side note:
1) new tarus look feaking scary, im sorry <.<
2) the new battle system they were talking about seems intersting.... no xp gain, charcter growth with quest you do, and weapons you use (wonders how this will wok)
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 02:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithra look like they might actually be fap worth this time around, rather than looking like they're hairy all over.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-05 02:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The second mithra picture looks alot more promising than the first. Much more mysterious and ethereal than the first Plain Jane looking one.

Also I agree tarutaru lost all their cuteness in exchange for something creepy/disturbing. It may be realistic but it was their overgrown heads on misporportioned bodies that made them cute and lovable to begin with.
[+]
 Alexander.Aegiz
Server: Alexander
user:
By Alexander.Aegiz 2009-08-05 02:16:46
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

A Galka without tail...I like it. I hate how current galka look in FFXI. Hume, Elvaan, Mithra are kool but Taru look freaking creepy.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-05 02:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The Taru things...They remind of those scary movie twin girls "come play with us...forever and ever"
User submitted image
Also reminds me of Momo from Xenosega =X
[+]
 Kujata.Greatmagician
user:
By Kujata.Greatmagician 2009-08-05 02:52:20

taru's better not look scary like that, i wont be one if it looks crappy like that
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-08-05 03:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.eorzeapedia.com/2009/08/05/races-named-classes-revealed/#more-309

The link above said:

2) Customization!

Good news on this front. Players will be able to do some amount of customization to their character model. It’s not clear yet how much people will be able to customize their character but some things like hair style, skin color, and face will be customizable. Here’s to hoping for a wide wide range of customizable features.

3) The Armory System!

We’ve heard before that character growth will be heavily dependent on the weapons you use. Inline with that, they revealed the Armory System. There are four large categories: Fighter, Sorcerer, Gatherer, and Crafter. These categories are broken down further into various classes. Specific information has not been released on how many classes will be in each category but some examples have been given so far.

Still little info, but enough to say that you can at least customize it in some way, i hope we get a wide range of choices unlike we have now. About the armor categories ... this sounds really interesting, but still leaves a lot room for speculation. The best part for me personally is the "you can change your abilities anywhere at every time". This leaves so many tactical uses in battle. I think FFXIV therefore will be much faster in gameplay than ffxi.

Quote:

Crafter
Blacksmith and Chef

Sorcerer
Shaman and Illusionist

Gatherer
Fisherman and Horticulturalist

Fighter
Swordsmen and Archer

Before you judge now, theese are categories and not jobs. I expect them to just discribe a lot possibilities in what way ur char may advance. SPECULATION, I CHOOSE YOU!! xD
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 04:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate eorzeapedia already.

Anyhow...

The job categories seem like they're just what you might be doing at that time... Like, Fight/Sorcerer is what you'd be on when you're actually killing ***. Crafter is for crafting of course, but it makes me wonder if Crafter and Gatherer classes will have any use in battle, or if they really are just for crafting and HELM. Also if they have a whole class for Gatherer, it makes me wonder if they're going to try and expand on the HELM side of things a bit?

Still, interesting that you can change class at any time, sounds a bit broken to me to be able to change from a BLM to a PLD in the middle of battle <_<
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-08-05 04:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:

Still, interesting that you can change class at any time, sounds a bit broken to me to be able to change from a BLM to a PLD in the middle of battle <_<

Hey don't worry, it's SE... Might sound broken but wait until SE comes up with the /randomlimitation on that. Like you can only do it outside of battles, when your not engaged or every XX-Minutes (Maybe they use it as 2hr lmao). At all, SE is famous for not making it easy for us. I doubt you can change into a Healer, throw a cure and change back to a tank again. There will surely be some kind of penalty.

I wonder how hard the mobs will be. If there is solo-content i think they will go down fast, what i don't hope. Mobs in FFXI were way more challenging that in other games where you just spam ur spells for 3 secs and target the next.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 04:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well apparently there are a few "modes" of fighting. Can't remember exactly how they explained it, but it's like, there's one vs one style, party vs one, one vs many, and party vs many.

So like the video they released, the scene on the boat with the Galka fighting those things that look like strays would be an example of one or party vs many. It was done using the in-game engine too :o
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 06:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nor penises.
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-08-05 06:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nor souls.
[+]
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-08-05 06:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Segaia said:
Nor souls.

lol
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vite
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vite 2009-08-05 06:37:15

Greatmagician said:
taru's better not look scary like that, i wont be one if it looks crappy like that

at least people will take us seriously now ;)
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-08-05 06:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Mithra look like they might actually be fap worth this time around, rather than looking like they're hairy all over.

u need a spanking
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 06:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be turned on if I wasn't pretty damn sure that you were a guy.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-08-05 07:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Segaia said:

Besides I dunno what you guys have with the tarus. I always hated their onionheads, i love how they look now, way cooler and more realistic (seriously when body = head evolution must hate you).

At all the armors shown are the quality i have expected, even if they are just preview-ish pics and most likely not ingame, they are detailed and nicely made, but still not overdone like in Aion where everything looks like an anime sahagin~, ergo perfect. August 18th will show us a lot more info and I'm looking forward to that.

Now i have to take the task.... Elvaan again or Taru... or a castrated galka without a tail? {Hmmm.}... Elvaan ftw ;P

Can some JP-EN dude translate the text in the scans? I would actually like to know the descriptions. :D

source it ain't part of current vana'diel...? retard
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 07:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you just agree with him then call him a retard, or do you just really suck at quoting life?