Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 56 57 58
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-21 03:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mental Rape, a crime far more heinous than any other form of rape and should only be punishable by death using the guillotine.

The skull of the deceased criminal should be then hollowed out and used as a cup to drink the blood of Christ with in order to cleanse the souls of the community in which the mental rape occurred.

[+]
By rkhan 2015-04-21 05:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fart rape is the worst.
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-21 07:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the worst possible form of rape in the minds of these people is to simply exist and be white and male?
By fonewear 2015-04-21 08:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
I thought the worst possible form of rape in the minds of these people is to simply exist and be white and male?

Being a male alone is indeed troubling...we live in a word full of strong independent women some of which can't open pickle jars !

So the only purpose of men is how they can be beneficial to women.
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-21 08:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly what we need to do is just segregate all the men and women from each other, and never let them interact.

The species will die out, and the problem will be solved.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-21 08:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Clearly what we need to do is just segregate all the men and women from each other, and never let them interact.

The species will die out, and the problem will be solved.

I suggest we behave like animals only interact with the opposite sex for breeding. Then go back to our separate lives.
By fonewear 2015-04-21 08:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

In rape culture news:

The offending T shirt:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/16/rape-culture-coachella_n_7072836.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-21 10:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I would pay money for someone to wear that shirt to some kind of feminist rally.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-21 10:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Me too, lets start crowd funding for it.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-21 10:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Raping is such a serious problem at music festivals you get a rape whistle upon entering !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2015-05-05 09:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are a few things you can do to enhance your capacity to honor your own feelings: TLDR: Feel son feel with all your heart !

Be Real About How You Truly Feel -- The first step of any process is always about being real, first and foremost with ourselves. Even if we feel unclear or uncomfortable with a specific situation or certain set of emotions or desires, the more willing we are to be real about what we truly feel and want, the more ability we'll have to honor ourselves and be authentic with others. Making it a practice of getting in touch with our true feelings is essential. A great way to do this is through journaling. It's not about justifying how we feel to anyone else, it's about being honest with ourselves.

Stop Judging Yourself -- One of the biggest things that can get in our way in life, in general and specifically when it comes to feeling our feelings and expressing our desires, is self-judgment. We think to ourselves, "I shouldn't feel this way," or "If I share this, they will think I'm a terrible person." We use these self-critical thoughts to suppress our true feelings, which can have significantly negative consequences on us and others. What if we just allowed ourselves to be real and to honor what's true for us in the moment, without judging it?

Give Yourself Permission to Feel -- Because of our self-judgment, we sometimes don't give ourselves permission to feel... especially certain emotions. As human beings we tend to have a hierarchy of emotions -- liking the "good" ones (love, joy, gratitude, peace, etc.) and not liking the "bad" ones (anger, fear, hurt, powerlessness, etc.). However, at the deepest level, all human emotions have value and can benefit us if we're willing to feel them in an authentic and healthy way. Giving ourselves permission to feel what we're feeling is critical to our ability to honor and move through our emotions in a way that serves us, our relationships, and our life.

Let Go of Your "Story" -- Many of us, myself included, are attached to our "story." We love all of the drama and all of the details that make up the relationships, situations, and circumstances in our lives (both past and present). While our life story, as well as the details of specific relationships and circumstances in our lives, is important at some level, too often we get caught in the story and all the drama, which actually takes us out of our emotional experience. Where we have real power is in feeling our feelings, not talking about them, rationalizing them, or explaining them -- but in simply feeling them. Human emotions are not sustainable -- especially if they are authentically felt. It only takes about a minute or two to genuinely feel and move through an emotion. However, when we attach an emotion to a story, we don't allow ourselves to truly feel it and thus can keep it stuck in place.

Get Emotional Support -- As important as our emotions are to our lives, our wellbeing, and our relationships, sadly we don't get a lot of emotional training in life (through school, at work, and in general), and we don't often have built-in, healthy emotional support mechanisms in our daily lives. We live in a world that is primarily focused on action, results, and appearances -- none of which has anything to do with our emotional experience (even though our emotional experience is not only one of the most important aspects of our lives, but is what drives much of what we do and produce in life). There are, however, many ways we can find or enhance our emotional support. Most of us have certain emotional support structures in our lives that we've set up for ourselves, consciously or unconsciously. The key is for us to utilize these in a consistent and authentic way, as well as to make sure they are empowering us to honor ourselves and our emotional experiences in life.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 10:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I really love how this thread has become a safe haven for insecure bros.

It's like FFXIAH's own little corner of MRA heaven.
By fonewear 2015-05-05 10:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't kill the messenger. I just post the news not the interpretation of it. I don't write for the Huff Post or support it in anyway so your disgust should be towards them not me.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 10:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Don't kill the messenger. I just post the news not the interpretation of it. I don't write for the Huff Post or support it in anyway so your disgust should be towards them not me.

Yes, you in no way post it in a mocking fashion, taking snipes at anything you can regarding feelings, emotions, women's rights, rape prevention/protection/justice, or any other "women's" topic.

You're totally right. You would never post these things solely with the intent of making fun of them and making light of serious issues.

Not you!
By fonewear 2015-05-05 10:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

See the problem is you take Huff Post seriously. When it is not a serious website. It might as well be random P and R. They have no authority in the real world. Just in their own world...
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 10:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

See the problem is you take Huff Post seriously. When it is not a serious website. It might as well be random P and R. They have no authority in the real world. Just in their own world...

Just because some stuff they report is sensationalist or over-the-top doesn't mean they don't report on or post on valid issues...and given Arianna Huffington's influence, success, and money, I'd guess she and her publication have far more authority in the world than you do.

And my guess is that's part of the problem for you. Women with opinions who have power! Oh no!
By fonewear 2015-05-05 10:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the problem everything is hyperbole and sensationalism they try to get at your feelings not make you think...it is the worst type of news/journalism out there.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 10:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the problem everything is hyperbole and sensationalism they try to get at your feelings not make you think...it is the worst type of news/journalism out there.

Yeah, you're totally who I think of when it comes to being grounded in reason and facts...
By fonewear 2015-05-05 10:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't about me. It is about pointing out how crazy people on their website are. If I start writing crazy articles and get paid for it. You can rightly point me out on how crazy I am.
By fonewear 2015-05-05 10:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Put it this way: If a man wrote the types of articles Huff Post people do. The women on the internet would be in outrage. They would cry sexism misogyny etc. When women do it no one even dares challenge them on their ***.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 10:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Put it this way: If a man wrote the types of articles Huff Post people do. The women on the internet would be in outrage. They would cry sexism misogyny etc. When women do it no one even dares challenge them on their ***.

Have you ever once in your life considered maybe it isn't all ***?

Men do write those articles. Look at MRA sites. Full of a bunch of men going "pity poor me, these *** owe me sex and respect, they're just a bunch of money grubbers, etc. waaaaaa!"

I'm not saying every militant feminist is right, because some are just man-hating extremists that aren't any better than guys who view women as property or objects.

But to say that there aren't women's issues that need addressed is just ignorant.
By fonewear 2015-05-05 10:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the so called issues are dealing with how much they hate men. So I fail to see how saying woe is me men suck. Solves any problems. This goes for men too. Bitching about the other sex doesn't solve any problems. Certainly giving them a platform doesn't make it better.

Instead of bitching about men or women did they ever consider talking about their problems in a rational manner ? No one is going to listen to extreme men or women.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 10:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So I fail to see how saying woe is me men suck.

The problem is anything that addresses women's problems or the problems with some men, a large portion of other men automatically throw those articles into this category and start getting defensive.

Look at that thing that went around a while back as an awareness movement about sexual harassment/rape/etc. Was it "#yesallwomen" or whatever?

And then there was the predictable response by a bunch of guys who were too insecure and got upset because oh no, it was offensive to them that these women were pointing out the prevelance of sexual harassment. They weren't doing it, so how dare these women talk about their experiences and malign all men! (hint: they weren't doing that at all; they were talking about how even though not all men are problematic, many are and if you're not one of them, good and thank you!).
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-05 10:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

And how exactly do you think the tone and attitude you regularly take contributes constructively to taking things on in any kind of rational manner?
By fonewear 2015-05-05 10:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

In general hashtag activism is lazy and simple. Spending your time on Twitter thinking you are changing the world. How about talking to people in person that is a novel idea isn't it ?
By fonewear 2015-05-05 10:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys act like I'm the authority on all things Huff Post. Like I said early if you don't like Huff post take it up with them.

I'm just pointing out their crazy ***.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-05 10:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

In general hashtag activism is lazy and simple. Spending your time on Twitter thinking you are changing the world. How about talking to people in person that is a novel idea isn't it ?
How does posting on twitter equate to people not talking to anyone in person?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 10:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I rarely say this:

"lol."

People who refuse to acknowledge the technology of the time amuse me. Like it or not, Twitter is a huge and powerful communication tool. If you think it isn't just because you don't like it or don't want it to be, you're going to feel like that for the rest of your life with every other new thing that comes along too.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 10:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys act like I'm the authority on all things Huff Post. Like I said early if you don't like Huff post take it up with them.

No, you're just posting their articles and superimposing your feelings of inadequacy upon them and coming to the conclusion they're clearly all crazy, useless, inaccurate feminist rantings. XD
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-05-05 10:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

No, you're just posting their articles and superimposing your feelings of inadequacy upon them and coming to the conclusion they're clearly all crazy, useless, inaccurate feminist rantings. XD

You say that like they're not.

I mean, isn't that why this thread exists?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 56 57 58