Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 56 57 58
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-04-02 16:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never referred to conservativism (if that's a word, spell check says it's not lol) as a disease or condition. You're confusing me with Nausi or Saevel.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-02 16:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I've never referred to conservativism (if that's a word, spell check says it's not lol) as a disease or condition. You're confusing me with Nausi or Saevel.
I never said you did before.

I'm saying that, going by your previous responses here, you are going to give a stupid excuse, and used that as an example.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-04-02 16:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So you have to imagine my replies to keep this going? That proves... what exactly?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 17:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Aman does it too, and is actually the most frequent offender of that particular word crime.

But there are liberal posters who have too, though I can't remember 100% for certain, so I'm not going to name them as I don't wish to incorrectly attribute something to them they didn't say.

Because, you know. I have an actual journalism degree, not "communications", and I believe in things like fact-checking and accurate reporting.

Which is why I don't really work in journalism these days. It's a lost art.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-02 17:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIAH-Asylum.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 17:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
FFXIAH-Asylum.

The funny thing is we are the "normal" ones the ones on the official forums are crazy !
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 17:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
FFXIAH-Asylum.

The funny thing is we are the "normal" ones the ones on the official forums are crazy !

Which is, frankly, terrifying.

I know they say "any port in a storm", but that Nausi, Aman, Saev and I would actually probably agree on this when faced with the posters on the OF...

...I think I need to mix another drink.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-02 19:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
FFXIAH-Asylum.

Which is, frankly, terrifying.

I know they say "any port in a storm", but that Nausi, Aman, Saev and I would actually probably agree on this when faced with the posters on the OF...

Make mine a double.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 19:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of drinking I've overdue for a beer !

I created a beer thread on her a long time ago wonder where it is buried on here...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-02 19:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just leave me the bottle.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 19:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the beer thread almost 500 days since I posted. lol
By fonewear 2015-04-02 19:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

In Huff Post news:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sarah-sapora/how-one-photo-helped-me-make-peace-with-my-flaws_b_6718200.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

An unedited photo (except for a quick boost in lighting) from a shoot I did recently for my job, where I serve as CMO for a brand of women's clothing. It was professionally photographed and I had both my hair and makeup done. (Can you blame me? If every ex-boyfriend in your life could Google you wouldn't you want to look as good as you could?)

As a woman, especially a woman in her mid-30s, I am barraged every day with messages that tell me that who I am is wrong. I'm too heavy and too short. I'm too pasty pale. My wrinkles need to be erased. My grey hair should be covered meticulously. My breasts should be perkier. And don't I want this super awesome new product that does something super awesome that I just HAVE to have for my super awesome life?

If I allowed the messages that were thrown at me on a daily basis to sink into my head -- I'd probably feel pretty cruddy about myself. If I let them sink in and then turned those same words into negative self-talk, I'd have a lot of ground to be frustrated with myself. So it's pretty easy to get how looking at this picture -- which puts my body at a slightly awkward angle and shows off my full shape without any place to hide -- could make me see everything that society wants me to think is wrong about myself.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 19:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Make mine a double.

I don't mix anything without at least a full 2 oz.

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Just leave me the bottle.

...I'll split it with you. That's the most you get out of me. I hold my bourbon dear.

Updated the beer thread almost 500 days since I posted. lol

And, serendipitously, I had an actual contribution to make in follow-up with a Pennsylvania product!
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 19:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fat girl stuff

She's unhealthy.

Just like any fat guy is (myself included, at least clinically speaking).

But whatever. Try to get better and don't let anyone give you ***as long as you're actually trying to fix the situation in some way.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-02 19:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorta reminds me of the one Tinder girl that replied to me: I was drunk but my intentions were good I swear. I looked at her picture the next day and she look much different sober...

She was exactly fat per se but not what I remembered. Really nice person just not something I'm physically attracted to.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-02 20:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorta reminds me of the one Tinder girl that replied to me: I was drunk but my intentions were good I swear. I looked at her picture the next day and she look much different sober...

She was exactly fat per se but not what I remembered. Really nice person just not something I'm physically attracted to.

I guess my thing is that I "get" the impetus behind the "fat acceptance" movement, as I think you need to be positive about yourself at any weight or else you're doomed no matter what. And no one has the right to make you feel like a piece of ***, regardless, because it's not their place. Only you can judge yourself in that regard.

But knowing you're a good person regardless of size doesn't mean letting yourself stay huge and not doing anything about it. I stop short of the "it's okay to be morbidly obese and not care" mindset.

Basic knowledge of medicine and health sort of rules that out categorically.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-03 09:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
83k now. The liberals clearly showed them who's boss. I wonder what monetary value we can place on the word "backfire" before it's all said and done.
Just under half of a million.

526,000 dollars!!!

Pleebo condemn the death threats yet?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-03 09:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess my thing is that I "get" the impetus behind the "fat acceptance" movement, as I think you need to be positive about yourself at any weight or else you're doomed no matter what. And no one has the right to make you feel like a piece of ***, regardless, because it's not their place. Only you can judge yourself in that regard.

But knowing you're a good person regardless of size doesn't mean letting yourself stay huge and not doing anything about it. I stop short of the "it's okay to be morbidly obese and not care" mindset.

Basic knowledge of medicine and health sort of rules that out categorically.

Fat acceptance is just more PC ***. People who want "acceptance" under the guise of tolerance don't really want tolerance, they want affirmation of their lifestyles by others. They don't want "just leave me alone" they instead want extra privileges for being fat. It's not fair that one set of people gets something they don't, so they vilify the people who disagree with them "what do you think I should be some skinny bag of bones?". Which is the exact opposite attitude of the tolerance they're looking for.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vienne
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-04-03 10:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dont want to hear a 30ish something woman rant poke out your eyes now, do it!
No matter how fat or skinny a woman is you'll always feel like crap when you look in the mirror. i'm 5.8ft and i weigh somewhere around 120lbs yet i feel fat no matter what....you look at those 16 year olds trying to look like a 30 year old....you feel fat....you watch tv and get barbiesized women with breasts from here to alaska....you feel fat. You try and be professional and excel at your work....yet people treat you once in a while like you're the braindead barbiedoll. For a change i would like to wake up, go sit in my sofa and scratch my imaginary nuts and that would be the end of my morning ritual instead of the whole moisturising cream/waxing/shaving/brushing/w/e
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-03 11:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Fat acceptance is just more PC ***. People who want "acceptance" under the guise of tolerance don't really want tolerance, they want affirmation of their lifestyles by others. They don't want "just leave me alone" they instead want extra privileges for being fat. It's not fair that one set of people gets something they don't, so they vilify the people who disagree with them "what do you think I should be some skinny bag of bones?". Which is the exact opposite attitude of the tolerance they're looking for.

You've described a portion of them, not all of them. Much like when trash-talking feminists, liberals, or anyone else.

You're judging the entire group by the extremists.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-03 12:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Here we go. Let's watch the media frenzy when a Muslim's bakery is the bigot!

Biggest question I have, will liberal panties be just as bunched and twisted when they have to pick on a different religion?

(Of course not)
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-04-03 13:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That video was terrible. It's basically a rundown of every ***argument presented here in favor of the law. "Gays are still being hanged in Iran." YOU TELL IT SISTA'

I'd do the guy though. Meh.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-03 13:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Biggest question I have, will liberal panties be just as bunched and twisted when they have to pick on a different religion?

You know damn well I get fed up with all religions' idiotic ***.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-03 13:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That video was terrible. It's basically a rundown of every ***argument presented here in favor of the law. "Gays are still being hanged in Iran." YOU TELL IT SISTA'

I'd do the guy though. Meh.

If you don't get to beat up on Christians you don't really care? You at least realize that makes you a discriminating hateful bigot right?

I apparently gave you way too much credit, I always figured you knew how liberalism worked. Turns out you're just part of the herd that blindly falls for it.

I hope people don't resort to death threats against these Muslims, but who are we kidding, they won't get any. They're not corn fed conservative Christians.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-04-03 13:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No one gets to use religion as a license to discriminate. Perhaps if Christians weren't the most vocal proponent, they wouldn't get as much ***, ya?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-03 17:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps if Christians weren't the most vocal proponent, they wouldn't get as much ***, ya?
Worldwide or just in a few states?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-04 03:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok to hate someone just as long as they're Christian I guess. I mean that's what this is, just another opportunity for the left to pick on America's Christians and show their tolerance.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I mean listen to these people, you can almost taste their hate and bigotry it's so intense.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-04 06:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

No one gets to use religion as a license to discriminate. Perhaps if Christians weren't the most vocal proponent, they wouldn't get as much ***, ya?
So, it's ok to discriminate against Christians because of what they believe in (aka their religion), but nobody is allowed to use religion to discriminate.

Thank you again for hypocritical statement #56,213 from you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-04-04 06:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

and cry

and cry

and cry
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter