Georgia Expands Gun Carry Rights

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Georgia expands Gun Carry Rights
Georgia expands Gun Carry Rights
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-04-24 12:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Neat, I am too lazy to check that, but my shield of faith is faith that people have enough upbringing and respect for holy grounds of all cultures, NOT to commit acts of heinousness on them. But sadly the shield of faith of mine is chipped slowly and gradually by radicals and hate mongers. =/

I never quite understood the supposid severity of committing the crime on 'holy ground'. That seems to imply that its better to kill a person on the street then to kill them on 'special' ground. Isnt the crime just as severe either way?
It is still severe, but respect for a neutral/sanctified ground, where people are suppose to come and gather for peace. I would put it along the lines of shooting someone that has a white flag raised in surrender, in that you just don't do that.

I don't rly see how its neutral ground unless you have a sword.

But the idea of a religious center being neutral/sanctified because ppl are supposed to gather for peace seems a bit ludicrous to me considering more ppl have died (and been killed) in the name of god then for any other reason. - A severe crime committed on the holy ground or two feet off of it, seem equally bad to me.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-24 12:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't rly see how its neutral ground unless you have a sword.
I do take in my folding knife! =P

But the idea of a religious center being neutral/sanctified because ppl are supposed to gather for peace seems a bit ludicrous to me considering more ppl have died (and been killed) in the name of god then for any other reason. - A sever crime committed on the holy ground or two feet off of it, seem equally bad to me.
And you're right, I just believe and hope that people won't.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-25 10:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There was some incident in the early 90's in Georgia that was gun related. Something about lights going out one night?

Some guy was on his way home from Candletop. I can't remember all the details in between, but from what I gather, you shouldn't trust your soul to some back-woods, Southern lawyer, because a judge in that town has bloodstains on his hands.

Hmmm...
[+]
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Server: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2014-04-25 10:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:
"Schools have been gun-free zones for some time and those have been where some of the biggest instances of violence have occurred," said Gary Holland, a retired firefighter from Dawsonville who attended the bill signing. "If I'm a criminal, I would select a target where I know guns are not allowed because it would make the pickings easier."

Schools are not targeted because there are fewer weapons there. Schools are targeted for very specific reason. It's because that's the place where, to the perpetrator, the perceived injustice either happened or can be somehow vindicated.

According to this guy, shootings should never happen on military bases. But oh, wait...

Maybe I'm missing something, but you do realize that military bases are gun free zones, right?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-25 10:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Gun free zone: everyone that is carrying an illegal firearm please put it in this box. We will give it back to you when you leave.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-25 10:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Eboneezer
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2014-04-25 10:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

However, with respect to what I posted above, I believe the requirements for the above-mentioned permits should be higher.

- No history of any legal convictions. Especially if they're violence-related, but not even DUIs. If you've had a DUI, it means you've irresponsibly endangered people with a lethal object.

Guns and alcohol are not a good mix either but, strictly speaking, I suspect most people that would take a gun into a bar were going to do so anyhow, with or without legal permission.

I don't know about other states, but you can't get a CWP here with any drug/alcohol conviction.

And this law still doesn't allow for guns and alcohol to mix. This law allows designated drivers, employees, and non-intoxicated customers to not only protect themselves inside the restaurant/bar, but also on their way to and from their vehicle/room (in cases like hotels with bars). The owner can still post a sign if they don't want the law abiding citizens to carry in their establishment. I have no problem with their right to do so. I just hope they understand that the only ones they're keeping out are the ones that know and respect the laws to begin with.
 Ragnarok.Tatsiki
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hinamori
By Ragnarok.Tatsiki 2014-04-25 10:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I have nothing against concealed carry permits and allowing them to be exercised by those who have obtained them. I'm even okay with them being in school assuming they're on guards and properly trained and licensed educational professionals.

But that said, this quote is absolutely ridiculous:

Quote:
"Schools have been gun-free zones for some time and those have been where some of the biggest instances of violence have occurred," said Gary Holland, a retired firefighter from Dawsonville who attended the bill signing. "If I'm a criminal, I would select a target where I know guns are not allowed because it would make the pickings easier."

Schools are not targeted because there are fewer weapons there. Schools are targeted for very specific reason. It's because that's the place where, to the perpetrator, the perceived injustice either happened or can be somehow vindicated.

According to this guy, shootings should never happen on military bases. But oh, wait...

Schools are targeted for more than injustice, hence the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting. Sometimes the shooter does it for publicity (They are that sick) as hinted by a 20 year old man going to an elementary school shooting up 20 children he never met along with 6 faculty members.

It's not always bullying, it's the fact some people are just messed up in the head.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-25 11:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If somebody wants to make a scene and kill a bunch of people and it's not really a political statement, then killing unarmed people in a condensed place is the way to go.

The path of least resistance, etc.

It's not that hard of a concept to comprehend, yet so many typically sound minded people seem to skim over it as it doesn't fit into their agenda.

How's the crime rate in NYC again?
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-25 11:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
So people are scared that law abiding citizens. Carrying guns places are all the sudden going to flip out and kill people ?
Every criminal is a law-abiding citizen right up until the point that he/she isn't.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-25 11:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
fonewear said: »
So people are scared that law abiding citizens. Carrying guns places are all the sudden going to flip out and kill people ?
Every criminal is a law-abiding citizen right up until the point that he/she isn't.
and that's what makes them a non-"law abiding citizen."

I'd like to know the statistics of gun related crime/deaths outside of the gang/drug related ones, just as a thought experiment.

I want to see where people get the rational that they have the right to limit the only right that says it shall not be infringed (aka encroached upon aka limited).

It doesn't add up.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-25 11:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
How's the crime rate in NYC again?
Baltimore & DC too, and they are right next door, with some strict Laws against freedom.