Beastmaster vs. Ark Angels II
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-16 14:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I went double attack and crit rate as my second. I was thinking about the attack one but you can get pet attack on multiple slots so I went with crit since I don't think you can get that in any other equipment slots.
[+]
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-16 22:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just gave Tenzen another go. I had an idea how to get around your pet teleporting to the tarus and causing him to go yellow and attack you. All you need to do is get your pet initial hate, call him to you and stay. After that just cement hate on him. Fight takes a bit longer since you don't have your pet dps.

Random things about the fight

- Tenzen in bow mode ramdonly attacks you but doesn't do hate reset after going back to sword mode
- One of his ws enders after sam 1hour is an AOE. Goes through but doesn't wipe shadows. Did 900 dmg to me
- Meteor doesn't do much damage as long as you get shell from a fov book
- Universal enlightment did around 3000 dmg to pet, keep pet hp topped off

[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-17 08:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Phunkism said: »
Just gave Tenzen another go. I had an idea how to get around your pet teleporting to the tarus and causing him to go yellow and attack you. All you need to do is get your pet initial hate, call him to you and stay. After that just cement hate on him. Fight takes a bit longer since you don't have your pet dps.

Random things about the fight

- Tenzen in bow mode ramdonly attacks you but doesn't do hate reset after going back to sword mode
- One of his ws enders after sam 1hour is an AOE. Goes through but doesn't wipe shadows. Did 900 dmg to me
- Meteor doesn't do much damage as long as you get shell from a fov book
- Universal enlightment did around 3000 dmg to pet, keep pet hp topped off

Amazing work! That's just awesome.

Quick question though: When you say cement hate, do you mean you're letting Tenzen beat on Ibuki while the bird is in Stay mode to get solid hate on it?
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-17 12:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ibuki was in stay mode the whole fight except for his unleash spam at the beginning. I bet you could do the same thing for AATT on harder difficulties. Just leave your pet in the middle of the ring in stay mode to absorb damage. That would allow you to sub dancer for his spikes and avoid amon drive.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-17 12:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ibuki was in stay mode the whole fight except for his unleash spam at the beginning. I bet you could do the same thing for AATT on harder difficulties. Just leave your pet in the middle of the ring in stay mode to absorb damage. That would allow you to sub dancer for his spikes and avoid amon drive.

Very interesting. :o

Did you notice whether or not the same EV strategy works on Tenzen (with regards to standing within melee range, but outside of AOE)?
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-17 12:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

AOE is around 20'. You have all the time in the world to move back. I just switched to pet gear once he activates me meikyo shushi and wait for it to pass from a safe distance.
 Fenrir.Squintik
Server: Fenrir
user: Squintik
By Fenrir.Squintik 2014-04-18 12:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I need some help.

I tried soloing AA TT as BST/NIN for the first time last night on VE mode, and was doing relatively ok, but then wiped to Meteor.

The fight was annoying since Amon Drive kept petrifying Ibuki, so most of the damage (it seemed) was from me, rather than my pet. I kept having to back off when my HP was getting too low from TT's blaze spikes, and then when TT was at about 40% (eyeballing, since I don't use windower), he cast sleepga and then Meteor.

Does anyone have any strategy advice on how to deal with the Amon Drive spam and Meteor?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-18 12:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Squintik said: »
Ok, I need some help.

I tried soloing AA TT as BST/NIN for the first time last night on VE mode, and was doing relatively ok, but then wiped to Meteor.

The fight was annoying since Amon Drive kept petrifying Ibuki, so most of the damage (it seemed) was from me, rather than my pet. I kept having to back off when my HP was getting too low from TT's blaze spikes, and then when TT was at about 40% (eyeballing, since I don't use windower), he cast sleepga and then Meteor.

Does anyone have any strategy advice on how to deal with the Amon Drive spam and Meteor?

You have to treat Manafont the same as you would during a DM II (thief-less) run. Popping a poison pot or pachira fruit is a must so you have time to run away up the stairs during Manafont and out of range of Meteor.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-18 12:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep an eye on when he activates manafont. Bring some Elshimo Pachira Fruit and use it once he activates manafont. He'll eventually do the sleepga meteor combo. The poison from the fruit will wake you. At this point he should be casting meteor. Run up the ramp and out of range. As for amon drive just keep at least 2 shadows up at all times. Sometimes it'll go through since it can take up to 3 shadows sometimes.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-18 13:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep an eye on when he activates manafont. Bring some Elshimo Pachira Fruit and use it once he activates manafont. He'll eventually do the sleepga meteor combo. The poison from the fruit will wake you. At this point he should be casting meteor. Run up the ramp and out of range. As for amon drive just keep at least 2 shadows up at all times. Sometimes it'll go through since it can take up to 3 shadows sometimes.

Yup, for VE and E, Amon Drive requires 2 shadows to absorb. N, D and VD requires 3 shadows.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-18 13:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

oh didn't see your post before. You hit enter 3 seconds before me lol.

You could also try something I've been brainstorming. Since your pet is mostly a meatshield in this fight anyways you could start off with an icarus wing and ws him right away. Snarl then use the stay command and leave him in the middle of the arena. Amon drive should be avoidable without nin subjob and you can sub dancer for the spikes.

I haven't tried it myself yet. Things that could go wrong is you and your enemy have to be a certain range to your pet for snarl to work properly. It may be out of range so you might have to move your pet off center a bit and snarl only when he teleports to that side of the arena.
 Fenrir.Squintik
Server: Fenrir
user: Squintik
By Fenrir.Squintik 2014-04-18 13:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the help guys, I'll give it a try later :)
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-20 09:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I've finally managed to get around to doing some AA solos. MR on VE was more or less a joke, so I'll be giving E a try next. I soloed EV on VE last night and almost timed out. She kept using Shield Bash on Ibuki at the beginning, so quite a bit of damage was lost during Unleash. I'm not ready to do EV on E just yet.

Next up: Tenzen II
 Ramuh.Kailana
Server: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2014-04-22 01:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing a lot of people don't notice slowing them down on EV is her spamming intervene. For the unaware it reduces pet's attack to 1. You'll be doing most of the damage from this point on, so be prepared for it. <3

Molting Plumage still does full damage though.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-22 10:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

AAGK went down with ease last night. I had a bit of misfortune with Tenzen, though. It was seriously just an issue of bad luck, but one of the taru's started casting Thundaga V on Ibuki right at the moment my Stay macro didn't register. So Ibuki followed me as I was trying to run away from the spell, and.. well, it was over from there.

I'll try again soon. One thing that definitely could have sped up the fight was having Ibuki use Molting Plumage each time he got 100TP. I didn't realize this throughout half the fight and just kept him in Stay mode.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-23 22:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Managed to take down The celestial nexus on very easy with bst.

YouTube Video Placeholder

This was much more difficult to do than on pup that's for sure. The hardest part was definitely his first form with the exoplates. Since you can't do dmg to him you have to build enmity to transfer hate to your pet in other ways. Pet heals, utsusemi etc. I ran out of range to cast utsusemi when snarl was down or needed to save it.

Once exoplates are down it's your typical bst solo. Ancient magic takes forever to cast so just ruinator spam until his second form.

The original plan for his second form was was to get him down to 25% and then unleash wild carrot spam for his 'ja spells since I didn't have access to a stun. Probably would have worked but I didn't expect my pet to be petrified or terrorized so much. His Vortex move also wipes through all shadows and you get terrorized which I didn't take into account for. In hindsight it's probably better to go for a more pet only approach for his second form. The previous runs and the run in the video he didn't randomly teleport around as than on pup so it would probably be easier to do that way.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-24 09:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This was much more difficult to do than on pup that's for sure. The hardest part was definitely his first form with the exoplates. Since you can't do dmg to him you have to build enmity to transfer hate to your pet in other ways. Pet heals, utsusemi etc. I ran out of range to cast utsusemi when snarl was down or needed to save it.

Once exoplates are down it's your typical bst solo. Ancient magic takes forever to cast so just ruinator spam until his second form.

The original plan for his second form was was to get him down to 25% and then unleash wild carrot spam for his 'ja spells since I didn't have access to a stun. Probably would have worked but I didn't expect my pet to be petrified or terrorized so much. His Vortex move also wipes through all shadows and you get terrorized which I didn't take into account for. In hindsight it's probably better to go for a more pet only approach for his second form. The previous runs and the run in the video he didn't randomly teleport around as than on pup so it would probably be easier to do that way.

Good job on this BC. Would you say it was worth using Droopy overall compared to, say, Ibuki?
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-24 12:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to unleash wild carrot spam for his final 25% when he randomly teleports and start's casting 'jas. I'm not sure if it's an anomoly that he never did. He sure as hell teleports randomly on pup. If you're subbing nin and all fights with bst are like the on in video then you probably don't need droopy with enough practice. The heals are a nice safety net though.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-24 12:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to unleash wild carrot spam for his final 25% when he randomly teleports and start's casting 'jas. I'm not sure if it's an anomoly that he never did. He sure as hell teleports randomly on pup. If you're subbing nin and all fights with bst are like the on in video then you probably don't need droopy with enough practice. The heals are a nice safety net though.

I'm wondering if it would be better (as you alluded to earlier) to go pet-only for his 2nd form. I saw where you took massive damage then again right after you used your vile+1. The only thing is, with having finished in 22 minutes, I'm wondering if pet-only damage would be enough to complete the BC in time.

I also think that it was a great idea to move away for utsusemi recasts.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-24 12:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
I'm wondering if it would be better (as you alluded to earlier) to go pet-only for his 2nd form. I saw where you took massive damage then again right after you used your vile+1. The only thing is, with having finished in 22 minutes, I'm wondering if pet-only damage would be enough to complete the BC in time.

Your pet gets petrified a lot so maybe a safe hit and run approach would work best. Maybe all pet dps until he starts casting ancient magic and/or after a tp move and run in and out type of deal.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-24 12:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Your pet gets petrified a lot so maybe a safe hit and run approach would work best. Maybe all pet dps until he starts casting ancient magic and/or after a tp move and run in and out type of deal.

That seems like a good strategy.

On a side note, how do you think BST would do in Ouryu II?
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-24 13:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That seems like a good strategy.

On a side note, how do you think BST would do in Ouryu II?

It should be soloable on bst. I haven't tried it yet on the job. The proc'ing of the elementals still confuse me. There's a lot of AOE's being thrown around in that BC and a hate reset after touchdown. I'd have to find out if any of Ouryu's tp moves can be absorbed by shadows also before I give it a try.
 Valefor.Nectorus
Server: Valefor
user: Nectorus
By Valefor.Nectorus 2014-04-24 18:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So was wondering if some of the BST's of other servers can help me. I don't know to many or if any other bst are on valefor doing VE or E solos of the AA. So was wondering what you guys think of this gear set I'm going to use to go at MR soon.

ItemSet 322807

The body has a +8 accuracy augment and I have a MCD ring with a +3 pet acc aug on it. Using sole, subbing nin, the poison food, fov buffs,etc.....

I'am also on the road to the last 2 wkr (bee and bird) so I can do the sparks ki trade for the axe if I don't get the drop from the bird.
I have a good treat set with theta's on bird at 45-50% to heal to full or almost full. So any advice would be welcome that I can also pass to some other bst's on my server.

FYI: 0/3 on MR before the my current main hand. Best is made it to 30% bird somehow Killed the tiger, Mandy popped I eat a cloudspliiter. You can guess the rest.

Thx in advance to everyone for giving bst goals to keep shooting for!!!!
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-04-24 18:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

did you set your Pet to attack Eald'narch himself while the exoplate is up so he has all hate while you whack away at exoplate? Pet won't do dmg but he should still keep hate.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-04-24 19:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Nectorus said: »
So was wondering if some of the BST's of other servers can help me. I don't know to many or if any other bst are on valefor doing VE or E solos of the AA. So was wondering what you guys think of this gear set I'm going to use to go at MR soon.

ItemSet 322807

The body has a +8 accuracy augment and I have a MCD ring with a +3 pet acc aug on it. Using sole, subbing nin, the poison food, fov buffs,etc.....

I'am also on the road to the last 2 wkr (bee and bird) so I can do the sparks ki trade for the axe if I don't get the drop from the bird.
I have a good treat set with theta's on bird at 45-50% to heal to full or almost full. So any advice would be welcome that I can also pass to some other bst's on my server.

FYI: 0/3 on MR before the my current main hand. Best is made it to 30% bird somehow Killed the tiger, Mandy popped I eat a cloudspliiter. You can guess the rest.

Thx in advance to everyone for giving bst goals to keep shooting for!!!!

Grats on the Arktoi. :)

In a fight like the AAMR, you will be doing the majority of the damage (70~75% of the total damage) so by focusing on your pet's accuracy too much, it's dragging out the duration of the battle (which means using more Thetas, more mulsums, and having more possibilities to make an error). Even a simple bayld purchase like Karieyh Morion +1 or Karieyh Sollerets +1 would do well. Also, Rajas Ring is a better option compared to Heed (essentially the same accuracy, with STR/STP boons).

If you're subbing /nin you don't need poison pots either - if both Utsusemi are on recast, just back away for a second and reapply when you can. If hate control is an issue at the start, even after Unleash Molting Plumage spam, wait to Ruinator until you see something tame/single target like Calamity or Rampage.

It sounds like you're basically on the verge of victory, so good luck man!
[+]
 Valefor.Nectorus
Server: Valefor
user: Nectorus
By Valefor.Nectorus 2014-04-24 20:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

thx Falkirk I happen to have all three of those so I try those on my next three tries. I also swap in elemental gorget and belt to ws along with another ring might see if I can get the delve miki pants for ws acc, if my first try fail.

Thx again!!!!
[+]
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-24 23:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

did you set your Pet to attack Eald'narch himself while the exoplate is up so he has all hate while you whack away at exoplate? Pet won't do dmg but he should still keep hate.

At the start of the fight when you approach him he aggros you from about 30' distance. You're on his hate list now and any action you do will make him flip flop between you and your pet. If you could inch in and have your pet attack him first like an AA fight the enmity issues wouldn't be a problem. The orbitals would be a non factor also if this were the case as they would spawn attacking your pet.
 Asura.Krebons
Server: Asura
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2014-04-25 18:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Might seem like a dumb question but brutal/suppa beats out bladeborne/steelflash?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-04-25 23:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc, Suppa/Brutal should be superior in low-buff situations (i.e. all of your typical BST scenarios).
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2014-05-04 02:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone taken down Easy TT?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12