New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Beastmaster vs. Ark Angels II
Beastmaster vs. Ark Angels II
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
By Nazrious 2014-08-18 12:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to test out Bstx2 and a Geo/rdm on normal to see how it goes between the Debuffs/buffs haste n diaga Geo will bring a nice chunk of utility to AAHM.
 Shiva.Onionknight
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Onionknight 2014-08-18 14:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck. Let me know how it goes. This can spark a good discussion into creating alternative setups.
By Nazrious 2014-08-19 18:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok since no Geos were available and wanted to try somethign went with 2xBst and a thf for Thunter.

AAHM Norm
Both Bsts used Attentive IBu (NQ Tulfair)
Familair at start and both of us had 10/10 for JP pet haste
Bst in petdt set (TankBst) unleashed at start to cement hate after 2 pet tp moves me and thf moved in.
Basically was a race against clock at this point.
Kept up shadows, Thf dropped at one point and was out of fight for a few mins.

Discovered that Circle Blade is centered on target and the AOE can be avoided if u stand just within melee range but far from the pet which is tanking. This is good news for Geo in terms of being able to get close and placing luapons (btw)

Both of us had 2 stacks of Thetas and the TankBst had 10 dawns, didn't use all of em. I had 5 dawns only used 2 since hate got a tiny bit wobbly near start. I went through less than a stack of Thetas and the TankBst used 2 stacks of thetas and 10 Dawns.

When AAHM got low in health and started his Utsu:San spam I hit unleash. When He got to 6% health we all moved back out of MajinGakure range and I hit Runwild. about 30secs/1min later TankBst hit Runwild. It majin'd and we went in to finish off.

Probably could of run wild earlier but Utsu:san spam coulda screwed us.

Killed @26mins
 Shiva.Onionknight
By Shiva.Onionknight 2014-08-20 10:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Good job. The challenge comes at difficult+ though. Things like pet hate become a bigger issue when the hitrate of the pet drops. If you got enough acc i wonder if bstx6 or bstx5+geo will do it.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-08-20 11:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
Ok since no Geos were available and wanted to try somethign went with 2xBst and a thf for Thunter.

AAHM Norm
Both Bsts used Attentive IBu (NQ Tulfair)
Familair at start and both of us had 10/10 for JP pet haste
Bst in petdt set (TankBst) unleashed at start to cement hate after 2 pet tp moves me and thf moved in.
Basically was a race against clock at this point.
Kept up shadows, Thf dropped at one point and was out of fight for a few mins.

Discovered that Circle Blade is centered on target and the AOE can be avoided if u stand just within melee range but far from the pet which is tanking. This is good news for Geo in terms of being able to get close and placing luapons (btw)

Both of us had 2 stacks of Thetas and the TankBst had 10 dawns, didn't use all of em. I had 5 dawns only used 2 since hate got a tiny bit wobbly near start. I went through less than a stack of Thetas and the TankBst used 2 stacks of thetas and 10 Dawns.

When AAHM got low in health and started his Utsu:San spam I hit unleash. When He got to 6% health we all moved back out of MajinGakure range and I hit Runwild. about 30secs/1min later TankBst hit Runwild. It majin'd and we went in to finish off.

Probably could of run wild earlier but Utsu:san spam coulda screwed us.

Killed @26mins

Well done! And that's interesting to hear about Circle Blade not having a large AoE range. Since I am the main GEO of Minions LS, this gives me a couple of ideas for doing AA HM on Difficult with a full BST/NIN or BST/DNC x5 + GEO setup.

Using your idea, instead of using Eva. Down debuff on HM (which will get hit by Circle Blade) I can cast GEO-Precision, which is accuracy buff for pt members, onto one of the BSTs. It won't get hit by CB and would last the full duration. And I can also stand a little further back and use Indi-Haste to speed things up.
By Nazrious 2014-08-20 15:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Nazrious said: »

Well done! And that's interesting to hear about Circle Blade not having a large AoE range. Since I am the main GEO of Minions LS, this gives me a couple of ideas for doing AA HM on Difficult with a full BST/NIN or BST/DNC x5 + GEO setup.

Using your idea, instead of using Eva. Down debuff on HM (which will get hit by Circle Blade) I can cast GEO-Precision, which is accuracy buff for pt members, onto one of the BSTs. It won't get hit by CB and would last the full duration. And I can also stand a little further back and use Indi-Haste to speed things up.
Not exactly sure if /dnc would be best for all bsts. Not to mention one misstep can get som1 dead. Main tanker will want shadows just to get AAhm in palace also will want all pets not tanking off to one side so they don't eat cross reaver. If HM turns and circles one of them it will likely hit and with no shadows will hurt.

Also as far as buffs which don't help pet you will have to see if the dps is enough. Pets are a huge chunk of the damage equation.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [73 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Alucardr
Server: Asura
By Asura.Alucardr 2014-11-01 20:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys, im considering doing AA myself on BST. Reading this topic i came with this gear:

Ceizak axe/Hunahpu (have delve2.0 one)
Totemic Helm+1
Ankusa Jackcoat+1
Ankusa gloves+1
Totemic Trousers +1
Tot. Gaiters+1
Hurch'lan Sash

Should i get AF119 body for Reward? Anyone here was able to solo on Easy?
 Bahamut.Bunnyhop
Server: Bahamut
user: Maranwe
By Bahamut.Bunnyhop 2014-11-02 06:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Heya :)

Mithra and Elvaan are definitely doable on easy, though it requires quite the accuracy on your part. My experience is that most of the damage comes from you and the pet is way behind and serves mostly as a tank.
For that reason, i don't use the upgraded relic/AF, apart from their macro'd use. One way to cement some hate on the pet is to open with Unleash. This works well, except maybe on the EV, as she stuns the pet a lot. If you have Izizoeksi, I'd definitely use that one. It's a lvl 119 axe and helps keep your pet tanking and breathing
For AF body, 109 is enough to cap Reward, together with Ankusa Gaiters +1. It's a good piece to have anyway for removal of several status effects.
[+]
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2014-11-02 08:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It is possible to solo every Ark Angel on easy mode. In all cases victory is heavily dependent on a high-acc master set in order to beat the 30min timer.
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-11-02 15:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

AAMR is doable on normal difficulty.

Counting food, you need about about 1060 acc for normal. My fastest time was just above 24 mins so I think if you have an optimal Max ACC set (Mes'yohi, 2 ramuh +1, Perfect augmented skirmish axes, new incursion accesorries etc) + Riverfin soup, AAMR on difficult is a possibility.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bunnyhop
user: Maranwe
By Bahamut.Bunnyhop 2014-11-02 16:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How much did you spend on mulsums/pet food?
By Meepercat 2014-11-02 17:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Phunkism said: »
AAMR is doable on normal difficulty.

Counting food, you need about about 1060 acc for normal. My fastest time was just above 24 mins so I think if you have an optimal Max ACC set (Mes'yohi, 2 ramuh +1, Perfect augmented skirmish axes, new incursion accesorries etc) + Riverfin soup, AAMR on difficult is a possibility.

I've managed her in Easy mode in about 17 minutes, and was thinking of moving up to Normal, but I want to ask how you deal with the damage from Havoc Spiral when it starts ripping your shadows. Are you keeping hi-pots and the like on hand?
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-11-03 00:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bunnyhop said: »
How much did you spend on mulsums/pet food?

I spent a week doing AAMR (N). Probably doing around 15-20 fights to get the axe to finish my town gear set. My very first fight I think I ended up using 32 mulsum. I eventually got the fight down to only using 10-15 mulsums a fight.

From 100%-25% you'll only end up using 1 or 2 mulsum and the rest is for the cloudsplitter spam under 25%. The trick is to face the opposite direction after a cloudsplitter, count to 3 and turn around to continue dps'ing. She won't have enough TP to SC her cloudsplitters together. Her cloudsplitters were doing just under 2000 dmg each. It's a pretty big chunk of health if she manages to SC them together.

Meepercat said: »
I've managed her in Easy mode in about 17 minutes, and was thinking of moving up to Normal, but I want to ask how you deal with the damage from Havoc Spiral when it starts ripping your shadows. Are you keeping hi-pots and the like on hand?

Can't remember the last time I've been hit by havoc spiral. There's normally enough time inbetween them to get 3 shadows up. If for whatever reason you can't have 3 shadows up I would walk out of range until recast was up.
By Brolli 2014-11-03 00:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

whats the point doing 15-20 fights for a town axe
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-11-03 00:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you have to be matching when you afk in Jeuno of course ;-)

[+]
By Meepercat 2014-11-03 04:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It never strips more than the three shadows? I know I've been hit even with all of them up, figured it was like TTs Amon, landing more hits on higher difficulty. On VE, it's never touched me, but on E it has. The last fight has me thinking that I got lucky with it on the first few fights. I will give it another shot today. Clearing solo on D though, very nice! Tulfaire taking hits that knock a PLD down is nothing to scoff at! That TP feed trick will be nice, instead of tossing out two DMs to prep for the darkness damage.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-11-03 09:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fairly certain Havoc spiral will take between 1-3 shadows. 1 shadow rarely, 2 shadows normally and 3 shadows rarely. Just reread my reply, small typo. I meant I spent a week doing AAMR (N) not (D). You'll need some extraordinary luck with augmenting 2 kumbra with ACC and DA to clear it in 30 mins on (D).
 Siren.Vise
user: Vise
By Siren.Vise 2014-11-06 05:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've recently come back to game after 2 years out and have been doing AAMR on VE no problems

I tried Easy last night and got her to 2% before I timed out. Is there a reference number I should be aiming for in terms of Acc for her?

I do not have Seekers yet (I was seeing if I could get back into the game before I buy) and my gear is as follows for TP build

Arktoi/Eminent/Demonry Core
Aetosaur+1/Ferine/Brutal/Aesir
Espial/Ankusa/Raja/Iota
Ferine/Kuku/Ferine+2/Ankusa

This gives me 814 Primary Acc without food

What do you think is baseline Pri Acc for Easy? 830 without food?
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-11-06 12:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was doing easy MR my set at the time had 1018 acc including food. So you're looking at around 950 acc without food as a goal.
By Zillion 2014-11-21 23:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Phunkism said: »
I'm fairly certain Havoc spiral will take between 1-3 shadows. 1 shadow rarely, 2 shadows normally and 3 shadows rarely. Just reread my reply, small typo. I meant I spent a week doing AAMR (N) not (D). You'll need some extraordinary luck with augmenting 2 kumbra with ACC and DA to clear it in 30 mins on (D).

sorry but im having a hard time believing that a bst can solo this on anything but easy/very easy. too evasive
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-11-21 23:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

About 10 posts up is a picture and the accuracy requirements to do it on normal. Or do you mean difficult? There's enough acc gear out now that we can hit AAMR on difficult without outside buffs. The problem isn't hitting her, it's if the accuracy set can do enough damage to clear it in 30 mins.
By Zillion 2014-11-21 23:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

nope, pet accuracy. unless you're main tanking with riverfin on and using snarl to get shadows back up. shiromochi +1 only gives master around 1040 acc and its still a whiff fest
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-11-22 00:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Your pet and it's dps is irrelevant in any worthwhile fight. You gear for yourself and you can get 1130+ acc in an optimal acc set with riverfin. If you're gearing to make your pet actually hit something then you're just hurting yourself and making the fight stretch out longer than it needs to.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [114 days between previous and next post]
By Datass 2015-03-15 20:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wiped on AA Hume at 1% to Mijin Gakure on 1st try. Anyone know how far away I need to be away to be out of range? I was at 18 yalms and I bet it's 20.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-15 20:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc 20.9 is range but not done AA in a while
By Datass 2015-03-15 22:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

*** twice now. Mijin Gakure is cheating...
 Bahamut.Mustybadger
By Bahamut.Mustybadger 2015-03-31 06:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a few questions;

Been soling AAMR on Easy without any troubles but seeing a distinct lack of item drops. Is it even possible to get weapon / armour drops on anything below Normal?

I'm also looking to take on AAEV for body seals, so not worried about additional items but it is soloable on VE/E? I've not given it a try yet so i'm assuming VE should be fine? Anything else i should be wary of?

Also, I had additional questions around other High Level Battlefields. I'm looking to spend some time trying for Legacy of the Lost (Gessho)but want to make sure it's not a wasted effort. If it's been done before, i have the same questions as AAMR, can items drop on VE/E?

Thanks for any help!
 Siren.Finality
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2015-03-31 12:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

High-tier battlefields have scaled drop rates with difficulty. You can get drops from Very Easy, but the drop rate is almost non-existent. Difficult Difficulty has a 100% chance of 1 item drop, so most people don't do normal or lower. Normal is fine(20~25% drop rate-ish, to get 1 item, in my experience. Yes this is complete conjecture on my part, idk drop rates, just stating my experience.) if you can solo it, because while not getting a guaranteed drop, when it does finally drop you won't get out-lotted.
I can't speak for BST soloing Gessho, but it's a pretty easy duo on normal PLD/BRD. Hope this helps a little.
 Bahamut.Mustybadger
By Bahamut.Mustybadger 2015-04-01 01:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks very much :) I figured the drops were scaled but wanted to make sure it was still possible.

Appreciate the response.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12