Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 153 154 155
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-07 05:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Krazykozy said: »
I would only use Trux with Tsurumaru not Kogarasumaru

That's why my set uses Tripudio! STP +5 and such seeing as Double Attack is going to provide a hinderence to DPS based on how OaT works.

Also possible I will replace the Brutal earring in this set due to similar Reasons.

Quote:
Quote:
Formula 4.1 Average Hits per Round of an OAX weapon considering Multi-Attack Rates

1 + 3Q + 2(1-Q)T + (1-(Q+T-QT))D + (1-Q)(1-T)(1-D)(3X + 2Y + Z)

Here we only consider up to OA2-4 weapons. Where:

Q,T, and D are Quadruple, Triple, and Double Attack rates and
X,Y, and Z are OA4, OA3, and OA2 rates.

Assuming Q = 0.03 (3% QA) and TA = 0.04 and DA = 0.15 (15%)

1 + 3(0.03) + 2(1-0.04)0.04 + (1-(0.03+0.04-0.03*0.04))0.15 + ((1-0.03)(1-0.04)(1-0.15))(2*0.20 + 0.40)

Without a Brutal Earring.

This throws out an unusual value, so it must be where does the line cross?

Lets add the new earring (3%DA) and see if this is actually a hindrance.

3% more Double Attack earring has increase Attacks per attack round, meaning trux is still a good option, but this is only caluculating attack rounds and not TP feed, but I guess it depends on where 5 STP weighs up vs a 0.0521472% increase in attack frequency.

Remove the Trupidio Earring and put Trux back in.

Assuming 2DA augments on Otronif legs and feet

1.9527328 (4%) DA...

Not seeing how it's actually bad adding Double Attack but I guess the amount you needs to exceed the relevant potency of Oat~3.

Personally I wouldn't use Relic feet as the Otronif provide better Haste and Double Attack Augment, I would personally use Trupidio Earring for the STP as I believe you would need it for your X-Hit build.

P.S.

Most people on here would know how to check TP per hit / STP requirements and DA but some people don't understand how it all ties together so figured I'd give an elementary step for them (Thanks goes to Sylow for working out how it all works). I'm pretty positive the spreadsheets factor in AM3 for working out TP sets so it might be best to go there and work it out on their, I would look at crit augments etc if you want, but anything that feeds your TP faster for WS is better IMO (Factoring in SC damage as well gives WS a heavier Bias vs a Slight 2 DPS increase from White damage as I don't believe Spreedsheets factor in SC damage due to how being in a large group means Skillchains normally get interupted.)
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-07 07:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SAMs only just realizing what DRKs have known for years.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-07 09:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »
SAMs only just realizing what DRKs have known for years.

Not really, just making sure ALL sam's know it ~ I've known this for years as a Blue Mage Main. (although DW is a bit different)
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-09-08 16:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm if thats right then would Steelflash be better then brutal when AM3 is up? same STP+1 but +8 Acc and the DA on brutal isnt there anymore, wouldnt it be better to use no DA+ at all when AM3 is up?
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-08 16:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
hmmm if thats right then would Steelflash be better then brutal when AM3 is up? same STP+1 but +8 Acc and the DA on brutal isnt there anymore, wouldnt it be better to use no DA+ at all when AM3 is up?

No, when AM3is up, use brutal+tripudio when you don't need acc.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-08 16:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, the only way DA lowers your DPS with AM3 up is when you have somewhere about 80% DA not considering aftermath.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-09-08 16:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so AM3 gives 60% multi attack, Brutal gives 5% DA? And my otro pants have DA+2. This should still be optimal then?
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-08 16:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Again, the only way DA lowers your DPS with AM3 up is when you have somewhere about 80% DA not considering aftermath.

You missed the key part nate!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-08 17:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

You missed the key part nate!

80% DA, not combining it with OA2. Other things may increase your DPS more, but DA doesn't lower it. That's my point.

ok so AM3 gives 60% multi attack, Brutal gives 5% DA? And my otro pants have DA+2. This should still be optimal then?

Not necessarily, people are getting better overall DPS with sets that have lower DA because TP overflow, crit rate, etc have a greater impact for that setup.
[+]
By kithaofcerb 2014-09-08 18:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if its been posted before (in class, no time to check)

Whats the highest number of WSs you can use in a row while maintaining SCs between all of them? I've heard rumors of 6 step light chains, what are the WSs involved in this?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-08 18:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No it lowers your DPS because the benefit of DA at this point is rather low as your already attack with relatively high frequency, adding STP "should" give you a better bonus.

Adding Double attack, assuming you don't lose anything else is fine, this was more to show that once you attain higher levels of Multihit with mythic, Multiattack loses its benefits after x amount rather significantly compared to a million other options.

I'd personally use Tripudio Earring over Trux with AM3 up for the Extra STP. I may have miss explained where I was coming from about having 30%+ DA makes your Mythic AM3 less relevant, its more DA is less relevant with a Mythic due to the Very high attacks per attack phase ~

The maths is there and is more for you to have a look and understand something rather than just check a spreadsheet every time. I'm sure the spreadsheets factor this all in to its Maths, but trying to explain to someone that DA isn't always amazing is a bit easier when you have values for them.

It can also confuse the issue but if people have the tools (which you can throw into a Scientific calculator) they get the numbers they need.

kithaofcerb said: »
Not sure if its been posted before (in class, no time to check)

Whats the highest number of WSs you can use in a row while maintaining SCs between all of them? I've heard rumors of 6 step light chains, what are the WSs involved in this?

Technically, you can infinite chain a Skillchain sticking to level 2 (I think) so yes its theasable,.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/20977/samurai-skillchain-question/

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Samurai_Weaponskill_Stacking

All answered here Kitha (sure it needs updating)
By kithaofcerb 2014-09-08 18:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are great links, thanks Conagh
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-09-08 19:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Rana > Shoha > Fudo/Gekko > Kasha > Rana.

Enter somewhere, cycle ad infinitum. Have fun.

In general, cycling level 2 SCs means you are using this:

Gravitation => Fragmentation: Fragmentation
Fragmentation => Distortion: Distortion
Distortion => Fusion: Fusion
Fusion => Gravitation: Gravitation
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-08 19:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I just Rana>Shoha>Kasha>Fudo and call it a day.

Usually pop Meditate during the final animation on Rana and Hagakure immediately after Kasha.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-08 19:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I Fudo > Kasha > Shoha > Fudo for light and Fudo > Kasha > Rana > Fudo for dark (usually just do that for Marjami boss since he resists Light skillchains).
[+]
 Bismarck.Stanislav
Server: Bismarck
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2014-09-10 00:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So.. Wukong's Haka. +1 for Fudo ACC now? Prosilio Belt +1 good for anything? rabble rabble
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-10 01:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Prob Miki. Cuisses R15A for uncapped att and Wukong's for capped att as Fudo acc swaps. Prosilio should still good for same thing it was before update; uncapped attack Fudo.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-10 01:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So has anyone managed to grab an augmented Takaha Mantle yet? The augments on other capes have been pretty good and with Takaha Mantle already being standard in most builds, I can't wait to see what we get.
 Bismarck.Stanislav
Server: Bismarck
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2014-09-10 02:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
So has anyone managed to grab an augmented Takaha Mantle yet? The augments on other capes have been pretty good and with Takaha Mantle already being standard in most builds, I can't wait to see what we get.

I can see it having ATK & WSD. I believe I saw COR cape with WSD. Man.. Would be interesting to see augments on it.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-09-10 20:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok can someone explain why Wakido kote +1 beats otronif+1 w/ DA+2? im gettin an arguement that otronif+1 is better w/ DA+2 but i dont see any in the TP sets here.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-10 20:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok can someone explain why Wakido kote +1 beats otronif+1 w/ DA+2? im gettin an arguement that otronif+1 is better w/ DA+2 but i dont see any in the TP sets here.

They enhance hasso by adding 2% job ability haste. 2% haste > 2% DA unless you're delay capped or capped for a particular haste category.
By Pantafernando 2014-09-10 20:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

They enhance hasso by adding 2% job ability haste. 2% haste > 2% DA unless you're delay capped or capped for a particular haste category.

Isnt it magic haste? I just read wikia and bg, and it doesnt seems clear.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-10 20:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's JA haste.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-10 21:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wakido+1 is JA haste, technically if you have a /dnc they aren't better than Otronif+1 but I don't think many people actually build around having a /dnc.

Also looking at Metalsinger vs Prolisio +1 vs Ele Belt in the spreadsheets. For Tsurumaru I'm still getting Metalsinger beating Prosilio +1 by a little bit even with starved attack.

Also why is everyone posting Blu and Smn mantles on BG and no one has a Takaha yet!
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-10 21:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
For Tsurumaru I'm still getting Metalsinger beating Prosilio +1 by a little bit even with starved attack.
At about 1.0 ratio or less I always got Metalsinger ahead of Prosilio also, but it's above when Prosilio starts to get better, which is a more realistic scenario.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-10 21:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Even removing every attack buff and dropping the cratio down to .60 I still had Metalsinger winning by a few DPS.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-10 22:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yeah, that's what I said. 1.0 or below I get Metalsinger winning slightly.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-09-10 22:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Meditate duration augment is in the .dats, so fairly safe to assume it'll have that.

Question is: how high can it go? With capped JP, SAM is already at 2250 from a full meditate; with an augment of +3 or more we could get 3000 from a single meditate.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 153 154 155