Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 153 154 155
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2014-08-19 10:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

AM3 Koga, crit augment should be surpassing DA w/ Otronif, more so if pdif isn't capped.

Phoenix.Phaeon said: »
If you have sufficient STP to 4-hit without it, is K'ayres Ring still better to TP in than Oneiros Ring (assuming you have the latent activated)?
Non-mythic/no AM3, if it matters.

oneiros
 Asura.Eyedea
Server: Asura
user: HelloSon
By Asura.Eyedea 2014-08-19 21:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fudo belts.

Metalslinger belt and I not getting along right now, so is Prosilio the next best option? If so, should I be swapping Brutal to a Vulcan's? Or how does Caudata/Light belt compare?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-19 21:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eyedea said: »
Fudo belts.

Metalslinger belt and I not getting along right now, so is Prosilio the next best option? If so, should I be swapping Brutal to a Vulcan's? Or how does Caudata/Light belt compare?

Light if attack is capped, Prosilio if not.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-19 21:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eyedea said: »
Fudo belts.

Vulcan's over Brutal is only a Koga AM3 thing.

You may still have DA from subjob trait, grip, head and/or legs, so Brutal is still giving you DA even when using Prosilio.
 Sylph.Cyc
Server: Sylph
user: Cycloptux
By Sylph.Cyc 2014-08-26 21:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing a lot of SAMs using Xaddi Mail (Path A mostly) I was debating making one, but when I tried spreedsheeting a few different scenarios, I couldn't find any scenario where that would have beaten my current sets (or, if it did, the gain was so little it really wouldn't be worth the inventory slot lost by bringing that). Am I missing something, or is it really not-that-good for SAM (any path)?
This are my main sets anyways atm, obvious improvements will be Otronif+1 gear and Ouryu belt for Fudo, apart from that I'm kind of fine with what I use now:
ItemSet 327645
ItemSet 327646
ItemSet 327647
ItemSet 327648
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-26 21:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You may not have Ionis on in the spreadsheet, a lot of those options are not very good under Ionis (like waist) and Xaddi Mail is still better than Sakonji+1 using that exact set for me by about 3 DPS. I'd really recommend switching at least the feet/waist/legs as you don't need accuracy, STP, or haste for a fodder set using Tsurumaru. The difference between Xaddi Mail and Sakonji+1 aren't overwhelmingly large but most gear upgrades aren't.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-08-27 01:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well with respect Xaddi Mail path A and why you're seeing marginal differences compared to your tp sets is the fact you have Mes. Hauby.

You don't really have a need for it etc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-08-27 08:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cyc said: »
Seeing a lot of SAMs using Xaddi Mail (Path A mostly) I was debating making one, but when I tried spreedsheeting a few different scenarios, I couldn't find any scenario where that would have beaten my current sets (or, if it did, the gain was so little it really wouldn't be worth the inventory slot lost by bringing that). Am I missing something, or is it really not-that-good for SAM (any path)?

Are you 100% sure that the new TP return formula is known, and implemented in the latest spreadsheets?

afaik, It's not.

It's been a while since I jumped on SAM, but I'm pretty sure you need 33 STP with Tsurumaru to 4-hit. The spreadsheets most likely think you still need 49.
 Sylph.Cyc
Server: Sylph
user: Cycloptux
By Sylph.Cyc 2014-08-27 12:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been implemented since June 22nd according to Motenten (it's on BG Wiki if you want to double check that), SAM spreedsheet in particular has been getting a lot of fixes in the last days. And yes, Tsuru needs 31 STP to 4-hit with Ionis and 57 without Ionis. Anyways, for the time being, I modified the NoAcc/Fodder set with Xaddi Mail Path A and Windbuffet (Legs/Feet will be Otronif+1 whenever I'm going to get them), kept the above set with Yaoyotl Helm as a LightAcc set for Delve1 bosses or things like that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-08-27 14:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cyc said: »
It's been implemented since June 22nd according to Motenten (it's on BG Wiki if you want to double check that), SAM spreedsheet in particular has been getting a lot of fixes in the last days. And yes, Tsuru needs 31 STP to 4-hit with Ionis and 57 without Ionis. Anyways, for the time being, I modified the NoAcc/Fodder set with Xaddi Mail Path A and Windbuffet (Legs/Feet will be Otronif+1 whenever I'm going to get them), kept the above set with Yaoyotl Helm as a LightAcc set for Delve1 bosses or things like that.

Yeah, I see where they're working out the formulas now.

Just double checked, and the spreadsheet does return the same TP/hit as I'm getting in game. (218)
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-27 14:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Well with respect Xaddi Mail path A and why you're seeing marginal differences compared to your tp sets is the fact you have Mes. Hauby.

You don't really have a need for it etc.
Xaddi A should still beat Mes. Hauby for fodder sets, although obviously by very little. You are right though, Xaddi Body is largely about accuracy and Mes. Hauby is just straight better for that. Compared to Sak+1 though it is better as long as you don't need the STP.
[+]
 Asura.Ensane
user: Nsane
By Asura.Ensane 2014-08-30 09:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Only use goading if you need it to maintain a hit build, not sure on store tp needed since the tp update(score one for laziness.) but could probably make up for it easier in another slot (likely feet or legs) since you're wasting the other stats on goading.

But I'm not a career Sam, you'll find better answers from others.
Valefor.Nectorus said: »
what a good tp ws for shoha.
I have no idea what you're trying to ask here

I also dont know the exact current formula for x-hits, but I was testing my tp gain and return yesterday with tsuru and found:

222: 35 STP in gear
228: 40 STP in gear
241: 50 STP in gear

And Fudo returns 300 TP when WSing with 50 sTP in gear. So it would be some number between 40 and 50 sTP to 4 hits with tsurumaru.

3hit after first weapon skill,

250 Save TP (Tsurumaru)
Need 250TP per hit
57 Store TP Required

300 Save TP (Tsurumaru + Sakonji)
Need 234TP per hit
45 Store TP Required

350 Save TP (Tsurumaru + Ionis)
Need 217TP per hit
31 Store TP Required

400 Save TP (Tsurumaru + Sakonji + Ionis)
Need 200TP per hit
18 Store TP Required
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-09-02 21:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Never got a clear answer: Koga AM3 Otronif feet aug is DA+2 or Crit+2? Or it doesnt matter really long as its not DA+2 bc i dont want DA procs going off instead of the 20% TA froom AM3?
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-02 21:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you have AM3 off as samurai is the real question here.

you average 1.8 attack round with am3 up, so double attack is an increase so don't go out of your way to avoid da.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-02 21:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Crit+2. With Ionis I swap to Relic 119 feet.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-02 21:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
Never got a clear answer: Koga AM3 Otronif feet aug is DA+2 or Crit+2? Or it doesnt matter really long as its not DA+2 bc i dont want DA procs going off instead of the 20% TA froom AM3?

Due to the attacks per round of AM3, adding DA only reduces DPS unless you have over 80% DA rate. It has less impact on overall DPS than without AM3, though.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-09-02 21:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

wait so whats the best tp set? >.>
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-02 22:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ussually, unless it's Mala or Windbuffet(or you need accuracy) just go with the piece that has the most stp(and ilvl) on it !
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-09-02 23:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 313488
is the set on front page, why brutal? and Relic feet+1 are better then otronif?
Also my legs have DA+2 should i get a diff augment?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-03 00:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Brutal because it's only 2 DA less than bladeborn/steelflash and you gain 4 STP in your earrings since you need it. DA2 on Otronif is fine, it's not optimal, but not by much.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-03 01:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

We're talking 1-2 DPS differences on the spreadsheet between 2 DA and 2 Crit Otronif with AM3 up; it's not a big deal which you have. And Relic +1 feet are a bit better than Crit Otronif, but only when you have Ionis up since you need the 2% haste from it.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-09-03 01:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i see, so otro legs w/ DA+2 arent bad?
 Lakshmi.Krazykozy
user: Krazykozy
By Lakshmi.Krazykozy 2014-09-03 01:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I aimed for acc on legs and da on feet since they're also good for mid acc sets if you get 8+ acc on legs and decent -dt, da on either piece isnt bad neither is acc pending content...

This is what im currently using for a low acc set, legs are acc +8 and pdt 3% and feet are da 1% and pdt.mdt 3%
ItemSet 322980
 Asura.Kurairyu
By Asura.Kurairyu 2014-09-03 07:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question? If you can't get a Ganesha's Mala neckpiece what is other neckgear to wear besides that for the Tsurumaru Ionis build?
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-03 10:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asperity necklace is good too if you don't need the extra stp on that other one.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-03 10:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kurairyu said: »
I have a question? If you can't get a Ganesha's Mala neckpiece what is other neckgear to wear besides that for the Tsurumaru Ionis build?

Just want to point out, nobody "can't" get Mala, it's just irritating beyond belief. It took well over 500 kills to get mine, many of them were duo/trio.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-03 11:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asperity is the way to go without Mala, I found Dakatsu+1 to be basically tied with Asperity for fodder and of course it's much harder to get/expensive. For non-Fodder use Iqabi.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-09-07 03:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Krazykozy said: »
I aimed for acc on legs and da on feet since they're also good for mid acc sets if you get 8+ acc on legs and decent -dt, da on either piece isnt bad neither is acc pending content...

This is what im currently using for a low acc set, legs are acc +8 and pdt 3% and feet are da 1% and pdt.mdt 3%
ItemSet 322980
Why trux/brutal if koga?

ItemSet 328107
Is this the ideal Ionis set up w/ AM3 on?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-07 03:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is something I have always wondered about Mythics OaT~3

Sylow did a good job of explaining the maths here..

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31534/math-oax-multi-attack-and-you/

Multi-Attacks take precedent over OaT~3 porcs on weapons (meaning a Double attack can cancel out the attacks thrice proc on a mythic no?)

This is something I wanted to know for sure, because if that's the case, wouldn't adding double attack etc just make a mythic less powerful because you then hinder the chance for the attack's thrice to proc (taking into account the Double Attack will still add DPS against it only attacking twice).

I assume this is the premise why very few people are using Double Attack augments for Mythic sets based on this? If that's the case then the lower set

Asura.Natenn said: »

Does indeed seem to be the better set, although you could argue that anything aside from an Accuracy Augment on the otronif Legs "could" actually hinder DPS (Assuming the Double Attack formula above is correct on Mythics and Order of multi hit is

Quote:
Quadruple Attack > Triple Attack > Double Attack > OaT (3 then 2) > Zanshin

If this is the case, then Store TP gear for Mythic is more important for sets than double attack based on the TP feed from the OaT effect being more potent than any form of DA you can get your hands on, although I would sub the K'ayres Ring for the Triple Attack ring, as triple attack won't hinder the DPS on a Mythic AM3 as it can't exceed attacking Thrice.. assuming this is correct then I would use this set..

ItemSet 328108

This set assumes that You didn't get Double Attack Augments and you got Accuracy / PDT / MDT combo..

If someone has seen an error in my understanding of how Multihit/OaT works please let me know, I have yet to actually test this and am relying on my tenuous understanding of Sylows post..

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
If multi-attack procs on a swing, then the game will not check OAX, so we reduce the potency of OAX when we involve multi-attack. It's not always a bad thing though. As long as you're adding a multi-attack with order (4,3,2 etc.) greater than the average hits per round of the OAX weapon, you will still increase A.
 Lakshmi.Krazykozy
user: Krazykozy
By Lakshmi.Krazykozy 2014-09-07 05:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I would only use Trux with Tsurumaru not Kogarasumaru
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 153 154 155