Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 153 154 155
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-08-02 10:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
We don't know mandy stat as far as I know the evasion on mandy is higher than the rabbit(those are exp mob in woh gate right?)

The brd I play with when I make set don't make mistakes, when good people are on it's ussually N/T song, kill 3 first NM then wait for NT to be up, repeat for T4/5 boss, I assume most group do it that way too.

And of course it's using mutiple parse not just 1!
Usually n/t time for myself is up after the start of the mandy fight so we typically save it and either burn marcato on a madrigal if no geo present or have the geo bolster deff down and evasion down luopan and save marcato for minuet on the belladonna.
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-08-02 10:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Not to mention that while parsing is nice and will help you tune your accuracy, there are plenty of reasons it's not even close to good enough to make perfect sets. There will be plenty of times that you will parse below 95% acc on Mandy while you have enough acc to be capped acc, or above 95% acc on Mandy while you don't have enough acc to be capped. Looking at multiple parses will help, but this assumes you have runs with the same people and nothing went wrong at all. Especially with a short fight like the Mandy you really don't have much of a sample from a single parse. If you combine parses you have to be pretty careful too, you need to be aware of all variables that could throw off any amount of acc (something wearing off, something resisting, how much accuracy your Brd gives compared to the Brd you went with yesterday, ect).

Not to say that spreadsheets are anywhere near perfect either as I even admitted that I don't know the exact Eva or the Mandy and am basically guessing based on a similar mob. Still I would rather make a set based on assumptions that people aren't making mistakes and allowing crucial buffs/debuffs to fall off, and that's something you can't do "in the field", but that's just me.

Why wouldn't you use a parse over the spreadsheet? If stuff is wearing and blah blah crap is happening, why not build the best set for the situation you are actually in vs a situation you would like to be in? Also when parsing go through and if you are in ls stuff ( I always am) correct the mistakes and then build the set?
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-02 10:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Drewbles said: »
Not to mention that while parsing is nice and will help you tune your accuracy, there are plenty of reasons it's not even close to good enough to make perfect sets. There will be plenty of times that you will parse below 95% acc on Mandy while you have enough acc to be capped acc, or above 95% acc on Mandy while you don't have enough acc to be capped. Looking at multiple parses will help, but this assumes you have runs with the same people and nothing went wrong at all. Especially with a short fight like the Mandy you really don't have much of a sample from a single parse. If you combine parses you have to be pretty careful too, you need to be aware of all variables that could throw off any amount of acc (something wearing off, something resisting, how much accuracy your Brd gives compared to the Brd you went with yesterday, ect).

Not to say that spreadsheets are anywhere near perfect either as I even admitted that I don't know the exact Eva or the Mandy and am basically guessing based on a similar mob. Still I would rather make a set based on assumptions that people aren't making mistakes and allowing crucial buffs/debuffs to fall off, and that's something you can't do "in the field", but that's just me.

Why wouldn't you use a parse over the spreadsheet? If stuff is wearing and blah blah crap is happening, why not build the best set for the situation you are actually in vs a situation you would like to be in? Also when parsing go through and if you are in ls stuff ( I always am) correct the mistakes and then build the set?
If the mistakes are actually correctable, sure, but no one plays perfect 100% of the time. The key is deciding what is worth adjusting your play style for, should I be specifically assuming that someone is terrible and build a set based on that? There are times when assuming things are going to go wrong are worth it, and times when assuming things are going to go completely right are worth it. Also I too go with a LS to Yorcia but there are many times we bring people/friends for wins that have varying gear and such, I couldn't really even rely on racking up a large amount of parses to tell what set to use if I wanted because my buffs can wildly vary based on who is there.

Quote:
The brd I play with when I make set don't make mistakes, when good people are on it's ussually N/T song, kill 3 first NM then wait for NT to be up, repeat for T4/5 boss, I assume most group do it that way too.
Everybody makes mistakes.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-02 10:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I wanna bet; you give me 200k if song are on full time, mob are asleep on pull If song drop outside of wait time before Mandy or because you get charmed, I give you 1m.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-02 10:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

How would you even bet something like that, I'm not saying that someone makes a mistake every run I'm saying that people do make mistakes, it's impossible not to...
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-08-02 10:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Impossible and unlikely aren't the same.
You could theoretically always play perfectly.
By Chyula 2014-08-02 10:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I wanna bet; you give me 200k if song are on full time, mob are asleep on pull If song drop outside of wait time before Mandy or because you get charmed, I give you 1m.

give sam a job ability to sleep all mobs, problem solved.

SAM need a real buff not some gimmick meditate crap while the war and mnk are getting some nice ***.
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-08-02 10:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

How would you even bet something like that, I'm not saying that someone makes a mistake every run I'm saying that people do make mistakes, it's impossible not to...
Makes argument that spreadsheet is more accurate for making actual sets, proceeds to make say that people make mistakes don't expect perfection... Logic!
By fattrav 2014-08-02 10:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I'd take you up on that bet. 110k plasm and zone win for 200k gil, yes please!
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-02 11:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

we can do it a whole night and double our bet every run since it is impossible easy money for you!
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-02 11:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

fattrav said: »

Quote:

You played with us you know the people I'd bring for such kind of bet so I won't do it with you it won't impress you at all to play with us :(
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-02 11:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Impossible and unlikely aren't the same.
You could theoretically always play perfectly.
Theoretically is not reality

Quote:
we can do it a whole night and double our bet every run since it is impossible easy money for you!
I don't even know how you can make this argument.

Quote:
Makes argument that spreadsheet is more accurate for making actual sets, proceeds to make say that people make mistakes don't expect perfection... Logic!
It's almost like I already explained this!
By Chyula 2014-08-02 11:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

fattrav said: »

Quote:

I'll pay 50k to be the witness every run.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-02 11:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You already did leech win from us goway Chyula!
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-08-04 11:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So the last few days, I have been burning JP's on SAM, and now have a surplus of about 30~. I have yet to use any, so everything is open. Was wondering what people were dumping them in. Or if perhaps I should wait until the new JPs come out
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-04 11:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
So the last few days, I have been burning JP's on SAM, and now have a surplus of about 30~. I have yet to use any, so everything is open. Was wondering what people were dumping them in. Or if perhaps I should wait until the new JPs come out
Hasso for sure
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-05 06:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I'm saving for Meditate, the update is in a week and it seems way better than Hasso.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-08-05 06:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I'm saving for Meditate, the update is in a week and it seems way better than Hasso.
Pretty sure the str gain to hasso is gonna give you more overall over time.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-05 08:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I shouldn't have said way better, but in a normal event which has gaps between mobs, run time, buff time, ect I can't imagine Hasso beating Meditate. It also has synergy with SP1/SP2 zerg. If you could assume 100% fight time, Hasso would probably win though. As far as for me, I'd imagine at least 2-3 minutes of the 20 minute Yorcias I do are spent running or idling and those greatly benefit Meditate JPs. Other events like Outer Rek Skirmish are even worse with time spent running around.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-05 08:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

10/10 meditate JP is only 50 more tp/tick right ?
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-08-05 09:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

10/10 meditate JP is only 50 more tp/tick right ?
Correct.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2014-08-05 11:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

brb spending 30m on ifrit rings and not jping hasso str
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-08-05 11:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not completely the same, but I test my Mandy acc on the spreadsheets against Serac Rabbits who have 1068 Eva, the mandy might not have the exact same evasion but I would be surprised if it was above 1100. I have Hunters+Madrigal capping on the Rabbit alone, without distract or Ghorn, using: ItemSet 325566
which obviously is far from perfect as a max acc set. With a maxed out acc set and Ghorn you may be able to do it without hunters, and there are other options like Distract from Rdm or Geo Evasion Down from a Geomancer. Although I'm not sure I would want a Geomancer using Eva down as I can't imagine any roll would outdo the Defense Down spell.

You should sub in Dynamic Belt +1 to cap haste in this set.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-05 12:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
It's not completely the same, but I test my Mandy acc on the spreadsheets against Serac Rabbits who have 1068 Eva, the mandy might not have the exact same evasion but I would be surprised if it was above 1100. I have Hunters+Madrigal capping on the Rabbit alone, without distract or Ghorn, using: ItemSet 325566
which obviously is far from perfect as a max acc set. With a maxed out acc set and Ghorn you may be able to do it without hunters, and there are other options like Distract from Rdm or Geo Evasion Down from a Geomancer. Although I'm not sure I would want a Geomancer using Eva down as I can't imagine any roll would outdo the Defense Down spell.

You should sub in Dynamic Belt +1 to cap haste in this set.
I do when I need to.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-08-05 13:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »

I lolled, but if there were an item that added 50 TP to your meditate ticks you'd probably pay 30mil for that, too.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-08-05 13:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
Doing it backwards, farm your JP and sell drops to buy 30 mil ifrit rings +1
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2014-08-06 11:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question for you veteran Sam. I notice that Fudo does about 50% more damage on average at 2000TP and easily 100% more damage at 3000TP. However, at 1500TP or 1750TP, it's no where near the 50% damage.

Assuming outside of Adoulin area and you're using Tsurumaru. You'd be aiming for 250tp per hit. With the amount of DA, TA and QA Sam has, you can easily overshoot your TP into 1250TP and 1500TP. With Moonshade earring, you can make 1750TP to deal 2000TP damage which is much higher than 1750TP or 1500TP.

So given that you already at 1250TP or 15000TP, should you wait 1 or 2 rounds to get at least 1750TP to WS or should you just WS right away?

2nd question is: should you wait for Skill chain with other people when you have no Haste or only Haste 1? If you have to wait then what's the cutoff point where it is better just to use WS right away?
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-06 11:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
I have a question for you veteran Sam. I notice that Fudo does about 50% more damage on average at 2000TP and easily 100% more damage at 3000TP. However, at 1500TP or 1750TP, it's no where near the 50% damage.

Assuming outside of Adoulin area and you're using Tsurumaru. You'd be aiming for 250tp per hit. With the amount of DA, TA and QA Sam has, you can easily overshoot your TP into 1250TP and 1500TP. With Moonshade earring, you can make 1750TP to deal 2000TP damage which is much higher than 1750TP or 1500TP.

So given that you already at 1250TP or 15000TP, should you wait 1 or 2 rounds to get at least 1750TP to WS or should you just WS right away?

2nd question is: should you wait for Skill chain with other people when you have no Haste or only Haste 1? If you have to wait then what's the cutoff point where it is better just to use WS right away?
If you can WS, DO IT! don't wait.
By Chyula 2014-08-06 11:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »

That is so wrong, it depends how fast the other person can ws. skill chain does double amount the total dmg, I don't think you can discount that.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-06 22:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
Asura.Natenn said: »

That is so wrong, it depends how fast the other person can ws. skill chain does double amount the total dmg, I don't think you can discount that.
you SC most the time anyway, if your waiting to SC thats missing out on 3~4 WS which is still more then the SC it would make.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 153 154 155