Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 153 154 155
By lhova 2014-07-29 16:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
As for the above Fudo set question i use this
ItemSet 326591

And i assume this next 1 is the best set up you can shoot for
ItemSet 326593
Moonshade Atk/TP bonus, miki hands Path A rank15 are less STR then Boor but you dont get the -DEX, id say the benefits of the atk/acc/dex will pull ahead of boor assuming you are doing relative content. I could be wrong about this being best set but its still near perfect at least.

Wouldn't Boor's hands and Eje boots be best in slot for Fudo? ALso does Metalslinger beat ele belt? And what about Sakonji body over Phorcys?
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-07-29 16:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
As for the above Fudo set question i use this
ItemSet 326591

And i assume this next 1 is the best set up you can shoot for
ItemSet 326593
Moonshade Atk/TP bonus, miki hands Path A rank15 are less STR then Boor but you dont get the -DEX, id say the benefits of the atk/acc/dex will pull ahead of boor assuming you are doing relative content. I could be wrong about this being best set but its still near perfect at least.

Wouldn't Boor's hands and Eje boots be best in slot for Fudo? ALso does Metalslinger beat ele belt? And what about Sakonji body over Phorcys?
Boor don't have acc/atk on top of -dex which lowers acc. Miki are higher consistency so in the long run they are better. Metalsinger wins yes.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-29 16:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Valefor.Mattyc said: »
wait wut?......

I zerg Stellar down in 120 seconds on Samurai in VD with capped Accuracy and I can keep up (sometimes beat) a Warrior in good armor using MS.

#Suckless.
And I can be on either of the jobs and do it sub 2 mins on war and only come close to the other war on koga sam
#understandingjobmechanicsishard

Never said SAM was the Best, it was stated it was good

#learntoreadenglish!

(hashtags are fun....)
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-07-29 17:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

And responding to something in context is how we communicate properly on forums.
 Valefor.Mattyc
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2014-07-29 17:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

wait wut?......

I zerg Stellar down in 120 seconds on Samurai in VD with capped Accuracy and I can keep up (sometimes beat) a Warrior in good armor using MS.

#Suckless.

yea and? i wasn't talking about how its not possible because it is very easily possible, not a big accomplishment Conagh sorry, and i think the one that needs to suck less isnt me rofl...
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-07-29 18:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

wait wut?......

#Suckless.

yea and? i wasn't talking about how its not possible because it is very easily possible, not a big accomplishment Conagh sorry, and i think the one that needs to suck less isnt me rofl...
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-29 19:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

wait wut?......

#Suckless.

K
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2014-07-29 20:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

before u jump the gun and shock everyone with your E-P33N lemme explain "wait wut?.." it wasn't about your cool 120 second clear "or 2 minutes works just as fine" "yippee" it was in response to:

"I know this is sarcasm but in honesty sam sucks for stelar< "stellar" fulcrum and ouryu compared to war"

anyways #TROLLOFF.
[+]
 Shiva.Afliction
Server: Shiva
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2014-07-30 18:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question would it be better to use a 4hit with amano(which i currently use), or stack multi hits i.e double attack/triple/quad etc and maintain a 5-hit

edit: looking for a "best" set to use with and w/o ionis
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-07-30 19:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I get them both fairly close, but with a 5-hit coming slightly ahead. As you overflow, be it due to human error, multi-attack or whatever else, the 5-hit's lead becomes larger.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-30 19:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

before u jump the gun and shock everyone with your E-P33N lemme explain "wait wut?.." it wasn't about your cool 120 second clear "or 2 minutes works just as fine" "yippee" it was in response to:

"I know this is sarcasm but in honesty sam sucks for stelar< "stellar" fulcrum and ouryu compared to war"

anyways #TROLLOFF.

Oh sorry I honestly stopped caring, and for the record E-p33n aint what I'm about anyway (I don't consider my sam all that good, but I guess that was lost in the fact you don't know me and I never mentioned it), the fights are not terribly hard and people shouldn't judge a jobs "ability" to deal damage by the one or 5 people they've seen play it, they could just be 5 shitty players.

I was tired last night and didn't think before I posted ~

I tend to be an *** when tired
[+]
 Shiva.Afliction
Server: Shiva
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2014-07-30 19:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I get them both fairly close, but with a 5-hit coming slightly ahead. As you overflow, be it due to human error, multi-attack or whatever else, the 5-hit's lead becomes larger.
ty sir
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2014-07-30 19:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

anyways #TROLLOFF.

Oh sorry I honestly stopped caring, and for the record E-p33n aint what I'm about anyway (I don't consider my sam all that good, but I guess that was lost in the fact you don't know me and I never mentioned it), the fights are not terribly hard and people shouldn't judge a jobs "ability" to deal damage by the one or 5 people they've seen play it, they could just be 5 shitty players.

no worries dude, im a grumpy *** here and there myself lol, water under the bridge, and i totally agree, but i think it's really the player that determines the usefulness, not the job! could have great gear and not know how to utilize JA's "which isn't really hard at all anymore" but there is retards who dont lmfao, sooooo. anyways happy that was cleared up.
[+]
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-07-30 20:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

conagh doesn't use af1 head and af2 gloves for meditate. terribad.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-31 12:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

anyways #TROLLOFF.

no worries dude, im a grumpy *** here and there myself lol, water under the bridge, and i totally agree, but i think it's really the player that determines the usefulness, not the job! could have great gear and not know how to utilize JA's "which isn't really hard at all anymore" but there is retards who dont lmfao, sooooo. anyways happy that was cleared up.

I'm able to admit when I'm wrong, so no biggy!

Cerberus.Reiden said: »
conagh doesn't use af1 head and af2 gloves for meditate. terribad.

Doesn't this make it worse when I double your Parse Reiden? :3 (NOW ITS E-p33n time!)
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-07-31 12:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I once outparsed conaagh with my thoughts alone
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-08-01 16:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

New Job Point category- extra 5 TP per tick per point on Meditate (assuming that it's 250 TP total). Not too shabby for mythic samurai's to renew AM3 a little bit easier.
 Asura.Eyedea
user: HelloSon
By Asura.Eyedea 2014-08-01 19:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Been having discussions regarding TP gear with a couple people lately. Currently using:

[Don't know how to post the item set pictures lol]

Tsuru/Pole/Cibit C15
Otomi/Ganesha/Brutal/Trux
Xaddi A15/Wakido+1/Rajas/Oneiros
Letalis/Windbuffet/Xaddi A15/Otro+1 DA+2'd

Multi-hit heavy and WS+3-hit comes out to 1001TP with ionis. Would I be better off giving up some multi-hit pieces for more STP (JSE cape, K'ayres Ring etc) and having the excess feed into Fudo damage?
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-01 20:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming this is for a fodder set, if you absolutely don't need the STP, Atheling > Takaha > Letalis. The difference is pretty small though, around 3 DPS from Letalis to Atheling, less than 1 DPS from Takaha to Letalis, this is for my sets/buffs of course so results may vary.
 Asura.Eyedea
By Asura.Eyedea 2014-08-01 23:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Mostly been bringing SAM to Yorcia, D-difficulty battlefields etc. Using Sole+1 with Distract II (If present, we always bring RDM to yorcia however.) and Hunter's. I've got an acc set for T4/5+boss on Yorcia that I use. This set is for fodder and T1-3 though. Acc isn't an issue, just curious if having extra TP will be more beneficial than the chance at extra attack rounds.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-01 23:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's what a fodder set is for, it will be better. I wouldn't recommend using Hunters for non Mandy though.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-08-02 00:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Yeah that's what a fodder set is for, it will be better. I wouldn't recommend using Hunters for non Mandy though.
For how little hunter's actually adds it wouldn't be worth it on the mandy either
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-02 00:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a potential 90 acc with the new PR+5 ring which is a pretty hefty amount, unless you meant how much you can actually gain from it from where your hit rate already is with double mads+acc set+sushi/riverfin
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-02 00:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably depends on your other buffers, we use Hunters but we also don't bring Distract II.
 Asura.Eyedea
By Asura.Eyedea 2014-08-02 02:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

We typically go SAMx2 4/Horn BRD COR RDM WHM with clears in 20-25min range. I'll have COR switch out Hunter's for something else and see how it goes then.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-02 04:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not completely the same, but I test my Mandy acc on the spreadsheets against Serac Rabbits who have 1068 Eva, the mandy might not have the exact same evasion but I would be surprised if it was above 1100. I have Hunters+Madrigal capping on the Rabbit alone, without distract or Ghorn, using: ItemSet 325566
which obviously is far from perfect as a max acc set. With a maxed out acc set and Ghorn you may be able to do it without hunters, and there are other options like Distract from Rdm or Geo Evasion Down from a Geomancer. Although I'm not sure I would want a Geomancer using Eva down as I can't imagine any roll would outdo the Defense Down spell.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-02 04:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you wanna know, use scoreboard or Kparser, //sb stat for each NM, you'll make a perfect set for each NM that way.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-02 05:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
If you wanna know, use scoreboard or Kparser, //sb stat for each NM, you'll make a perfect set for each NM that way.

KParser is probably alot more accurate as Scoreboard used misses some things (Additional effects from /run and AoE damage for example)
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-02 06:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention that while parsing is nice and will help you tune your accuracy, there are plenty of reasons it's not even close to good enough to make perfect sets. There will be plenty of times that you will parse below 95% acc on Mandy while you have enough acc to be capped acc, or above 95% acc on Mandy while you don't have enough acc to be capped. Looking at multiple parses will help, but this assumes you have runs with the same people and nothing went wrong at all. Especially with a short fight like the Mandy you really don't have much of a sample from a single parse. If you combine parses you have to be pretty careful too, you need to be aware of all variables that could throw off any amount of acc (something wearing off, something resisting, how much accuracy your Brd gives compared to the Brd you went with yesterday, ect).

Not to say that spreadsheets are anywhere near perfect either as I even admitted that I don't know the exact Eva or the Mandy and am basically guessing based on a similar mob. Still I would rather make a set based on assumptions that people aren't making mistakes and allowing crucial buffs/debuffs to fall off, and that's something you can't do "in the field", but that's just me.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-02 06:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't know mandy stat as far as I know the evasion on mandy is higher than the rabbit(those are exp mob in woh gate right?)

The brd I play with when I make set don't make mistakes, when good people are on it's ussually N/T song, kill 3 first NM then wait for NT to be up, repeat for T4/5 boss, I assume most group do it that way too.

And of course it's using mutiple parse not just 1!
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 153 154 155