Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 153 154 155
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-18 10:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Made some minor updates to polearm sets (way over on Store TP though):

TP-
ItemSet 319108

Stardiver-
ItemSet 319109

STR/Haste on Otomi and Ejekamal, of course. I just like playing around but Stardiver spam is quite good on samurai in situations where you have enough accuracy that the lower 117 skill doesn't hurt you. In fact, on the spreadsheet, on Tojil with enough buffs/debuffs, polearm samurai is very close to Ryuno dragoon.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-07-18 12:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Call me stupid if you want, but I`m not seeing the benefit of Wakido Kote +1 in a Max acc set if I have less acc than using Sakonji +1
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-07-18 12:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Call me stupid if you want, but I`m not seeing the benefit of Wakido Kote +1 in a Max acc set if I have less acc than using Sakonji +1
The overall dps drop is the main reason. Even with that slight acc gain it does not outweigh the boost to hasso. Might have to dig through this very thread for the more detailed analysis of it, believe they gave a certain acc% that you had to be so low on before wakido were beat.
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2014-07-18 14:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »

I agree. I use Wakido in my Normal/Acc/Acc2 set, but I take them off in my OMFGICAN'THITSHITMAXACCSET. Fudge the JA haste if you cannot hit. Granted, this is rare and I only use it when/if buffs are wearing off.
By honeycomb 2014-07-22 22:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

any updates on Tachi: Fudo weapon skill gear if can please post like to see what I need work on gear wise :) and thank you.
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-07-22 22:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

honeycomb said: »
any updates on Tachi: Fudo weapon skill gear if can please post like to see what I need work on gear wise :) and thank you.

can check first page of this thread.
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2014-07-27 08:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of us who, for whatever reason can"t do STR augment on Ejekamal Sune-ate, Question is Sakonji 119 or still with Eje. for ws sets? I was assuming Sakonji would trump 1% triple but not entirely sure.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-07-27 16:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Without STR augs, Ejekamal Boots aren't ever worth considering in SAM WS sets.

Ejekamal Boots are actually pretty niche even with STR augments, though. Other than Tsuru, I wouldn't recommend them over Sakonji +1 for Fudo for any GK since the STP on them usually allows for a ~10 TP bonus or higher on your following weapon skill. Even then, they only beat Sak. +1 for Tsuru if you're capped acc/att. Shoha, however, should be using them as long as you're capped acc.
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2014-07-27 18:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda what I was thinking, thanks.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-07-28 00:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Without STR augs, Ejekamal Boots aren't ever worth considering in SAM WS sets.

Ejekamal Boots are actually pretty niche even with STR augments, though. Other than Tsuru, I wouldn't recommend them over Sakonji +1 for Fudo for any GK since the STP on them usually allows for a ~10 TP bonus or higher on your following weapon skill. Even then, they only beat Sak. +1 for Tsuru if you're capped acc/att. Shoha, however, should be using them as long as you're capped acc.
Best off going w/ PDT-4 MDT-2 Augment on eje and TPing in those.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-07-28 00:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the above Fudo set question i use this
ItemSet 326591

And i assume this next 1 is the best set up you can shoot for
ItemSet 326593
Moonshade Atk/TP bonus, miki hands Path A rank15 are less STR then Boor but you dont get the -DEX, id say the benefits of the atk/acc/dex will pull ahead of boor assuming you are doing relative content. I could be wrong about this being best set but its still near perfect at least.
 Fenrir.Shznittle
Server: Fenrir
user: Snakeeyes
By Fenrir.Shznittle 2014-07-28 00:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
ItemSet 326591

ItemSet 326593
Moonshade Atk/TP bonus, miki hands Path A rank15 are less STR then Boor but you dont get the -DEX, id say the benefits of the atk/acc/dex will pull ahead of boor assuming you are doing relative content. I could be wrong about this being best set but its still near perfect at least.

Any reason why you would have bow equiped if you're strictly using fudo? To my understanding, SAM only use bow for piercing, so if mobs aren't weak to piercing and you're doing fudo why have bow equiped?
 Valefor.Mattyc
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2014-07-28 00:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

the bow gets 12 STR and 7 stp.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-07-28 01:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shznittle said: »
ItemSet 326591

ItemSet 326593

Any reason why you would have bow equiped if you're strictly using fudo? To my understanding, SAM only use bow for piercing, so if mobs aren't weak to piercing and you're doing fudo why have bow equiped?
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-28 01:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Raistlinmaj said: »
For those of us who, for whatever reason can"t do STR augment on Ejekamal Sune-ate, Question is Sakonji 119 or still with Eje. for ws sets? I was assuming Sakonji would trump 1% triple but not entirely sure.

Why not do 8 STR on Ejekamal? That's pretty much what you'll want on all jobs who can use those.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-07-28 01:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

cause were talking about SAM lol, sakonji sune-ate +1 wreck ejekmal
[+]
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2014-07-28 16:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I am using my Ejekemal for Pld, fastcast +3, that's why.
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2014-07-28 16:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I am currently using almost that same set Natenn, except change the rings to 2x nq ifrit....for now.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-29 09:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

cause were talking about SAM lol, sakonji sune-ate +1 wreck ejekmal

Wrong.
 Valefor.Slore
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2014-07-29 10:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Took some advice and made some changes to sets. Im currently between weapons as I use amano and tsurumaru. Im working on amano sets now. Any advice on sets or they good?

Sam TP
ItemSet 325927

Sam Fudo
ItemSet 325928

I was told for tp xaddi legs are best for DA over wakido +1 havent really played with them much but we will see
By Sieha1 2014-07-29 11:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There really isnt much of a different between an Amano set and a Tsurumaru set. The TP amounts will be different but in the end its more about getting multi attack with a decent amount of STP since any time a multi attack procs you end up with a free ws.

Unless you are talking specifically Kaiten, then just change the earrings lol.
By Chyula 2014-07-29 12:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

*** SE, war and nin getting HP boost and SAM not getting jack ***.
 Sylph.Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2014-07-29 12:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »

You're seriously complaining? Does SAM need any boosts compared to those jobs? No? Exactly. Would the HP be nice, of course. Is it needed, no.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-07-29 12:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ice said: »

You're seriously complaining? Does SAM need any boosts compared to those jobs? No? Exactly. Would the HP be nice, of course. Is it needed, no.
SAM got the shaft during the last few updates. It seems like all the other jobs got buffed while SAM is stuck without much use. MNK and WAR need less buffs and SAM needs more JA and JT buffs to keep up. Plz read this SE, SAM needs buffs badly.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-07-29 14:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »

SAM got the shaft during the last few updates. It seems like all the other jobs got buffed while SAM is stuck without much use. MNK and WAR need less buffs and SAM needs more JA and JT buffs to keep up. Plz read this SE, SAM needs buffs badly.
I know this is sarcasm but in honesty sam sucks for stelar fulcrum and ouryu compared to war. Need a stronger buff to our one hours for sure.
By Sieha1 2014-07-29 14:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I read that and said oh boy, another 100hp. War, Mnk and Nin need the extra hp so they live long enough to kill the mob.

I am more interested in the DD tank nerf. Depending on how bad it is, there might be an issue.
 Sylph.Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2014-07-29 15:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »

I know this is sarcasm but in honesty sam sucks for stelar fulcrum and ouryu compared to war. Need a stronger buff to our one hours for sure.

SAM does perfectly fine in Stellar BCNM on difficult+.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2014-07-29 15:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

wait wut?......
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-29 16:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Mattyc said: »
wait wut?......

I zerg Stellar down in 120 seconds on Samurai in VD with capped Accuracy and I can keep up (sometimes beat) a Warrior in good armor using MS.

#Suckless.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-07-29 16:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Valefor.Mattyc said: »
wait wut?......

I zerg Stellar down in 120 seconds on Samurai in VD with capped Accuracy and I can keep up (sometimes beat) a Warrior in good armor using MS.

#Suckless.
And I can be on either of the jobs and do it sub 2 mins on war and only come close to the other war on koga sam
#understandingjobmechanicsishard
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 153 154 155